Aspects of a public speaker

jamiethebean

What do you guys think are aspects/planet placements/anything else that are indicative of a talent or a draw to do speeches? Likewise, aspects that indicate an inability or stage fright..?

IleneK

Premium Member
What do you guys think are aspects/planet placements/anything else that are indicative of a talent or a draw to do speeches? Likewise, aspects that indicate an inability or stage fright..?
Mercury in Gemini in the 10th, ruling Virgo rising and Gemini MC, is a very favorable placement for a talented public speaker and general conversationalist. Anchor Mercury with a sextile to Saturn for gravity and substance, and to Moon in Leo for expressing wholehearted affirmation of others, and you have a real winner. This configuration also may write really well, too. :)

There are many other successful combos, but this one is excellent.

Just as Saturn confers gravitas when well-placed, I would think a Merc-Sat square might be most obstructive, and the opposition or conjuntion. Likewise difficult contacts between Moon-Sat, are all possibilities for inhibition, unease, fear, general anxiety, of course, all depending upon condition, placement and relationship between the bodies. Also configurations involving all three planets.

Last edited:

dowhanawi

Yes IleneK's response (but adding) it depends on the type if public speaking too. Speaking in the academic world, 9th. In which case moon in leo wouldn't be so necessary although Leo is confident which helps, maybe Leo rising Speaking for the people 11, and maybe a more sensitive moon, and something for confidence or a big personality, Jupiter tied to sag in some way.

jamiethebean

Yes IleneK's response (but adding) it depends on the type if public speaking too. Speaking in the academic world, 9th. In which case moon in leo wouldn't be so necessary although Leo is confident which helps, maybe Leo rising Speaking for the people 11, and maybe a more sensitive moon, and something for confidence or a big personality, Jupiter tied to sag in some way.

Pretty cool, thanks

jamiethebean

Mercury in Gemini in the 10th, ruling Virgo rising and Gemini MC, is a very favorable placement for a talented public speaker and general conversationalist. Anchor Mercury with a sextile to Saturn for gravity and substance, and to Moon in Leo for expressing wholehearted affirmation of others, and you have a real winner. This configuration also may write really well, too. :)

There are many other successful combos, but this one is excellent.

Just as Saturn confers gravitas when well-placed, I would think a Merc-Sat square might be most obstructive, and the opposition or conjuntion. Likewise difficult contacts between Moon-Sat, are all possibilities for inhibition, unease, fear, general anxiety, of course, all depending upon condition, placement and relationship between the bodies. Also configurations involving all three planets.

Sounds pretty good to me, & don't you think Mars would play in somehow, for energy and initiative?

IleneK

Premium Member

Yes, all good points.

I think I was describing the ability to speak before any kind of group; to be both interesting and appreciated, regardless of the venue.

Cassiopeia

I worked in the PR field, now switched to education.

I'm still a beginner to astrology, but I tried to see how and if PR-aspects connect to my chart.

My placements:
Gemini MC
Leo Mars (Leo 11th cusp)
Virgo Mercury mostly positive aspects to Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune (square), Uranus, Pluto, MC (square), AC.
Moon quintile MC (I read somewhere it helps public-related professions)
Sagittarius Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune in the 3rd house (I read planets in the 3rd also relate to communication professions)

My Virgo Moon semi-squares my Mercury (12th house). I guess this is the aspect that gives me sometimes stage fright. But with my Virgo Sun I worry anyway, so I don't know if this aspect is to blame :joyful:

Last edited:

R4VEN

Just to throw something completely different in the mix ........

I once read somewhere (and I can't remember where) that those with Mars-Neptune conjunct can make charismatic speakers. At first I thought that this would be unlikely, but then it occurred to me that I have Mars-Neptune closely conjunct in Libra in my 9th house, but conjunct my Libra MC.
My oldest brother has Mars-Neptune closely conjunct in Virgo in his 12th house. He has Libra Rising, with Merc in Libra in his 1st house.
Both of us have our Mars-Neptune conjunct within a half degree of orb.
Both of us have been teachers and then lecturers in our professional lives.
Both of us have been called upon to do a lot of public speaking.
Both of us actually enjoy public speaking. I have also experienced a sense of `coming alive' while speaking to a large group.
I have Leo Sun, so I enjoy the theatrical aspect of speaking in public (I also have a Leo Mercury, so speaking is just another form of entertainment/theatre for me), while my brother has Virgo Sun and tends to be far more organised than I am, while I enjoy the challenge of off-the-cuff speaking.

dowhanawi

Like Cassiopeia I speak too but as an activist. This includes news interviews, lectures, teach-ins. And for sure it's more interesting to see real life :)
Relevant houses, planets:
I'm Leo rising
Gemini sun & mercury in 11
Aries MC conjunct Chiron & Jupiter (9) (tight orb's) & mars (9) (wider)
3rd house Libra with Pluto & Uranus.

Aspects with these are:
Mercury sextile MC Chiron, Jupiter
Mercury trine Uranus
Rectangle: sun, Pluto, Neptune (5sag), mars
Kite: mars, ac(conjunct Venus 12, cancer), Pluto, Neptune.

Last edited:

ukdesifem

Strong Jupiter, Mercury, or Sun.

Possibly many South hempishere planets, or strong Sag, Aries, Scorpio, Leo or Taurus.

And 3rd, 6th, 11th, and 10th house planets.

Flapjacks

I'd look at Ascendant (outward appearance/presentation), Midheaven (public view), Mercury (communication), Mars (energy), and Neptune (the masses - connections with them).

I'm sure there are a number of combinations that would show the "style" of the speaker or whether public speaking is a sore spot. It would depend on the chart.

I tend to get strong responses when I speak publicly that I don't expect, so I don't do it anymore. I've feared for my safety more than once, but also have received positive responses. I tend to accidentally sound very authoritative but that isn't my intention. I guess that is the cause of the strong response.

Ascendant in Gemini, opposed Saturn; Mercury in 3rd house Leo conjunct Sun, opposed Moon, square Pluto and trine Saturn; MC in Aquarius sextile Uranus, Mars in Capricorn 8th house, Neptune in Capricorn 8th house inconjunct Mercury (<-- I think this one shows the disconnect the most).

Kitchy

Banned
Hello -

Long ago - I read in the Coffee Table Astrologer - that Sun Aquarius Moon Gemini makes for good teachers/public speakers -

I didn't know much about astrology when I first read that - but I did know that my own coupling was never afraid to express myself.

Tomatoes or flower petals thrown by other influences.

The character to stand up and be lit - Sun and the Moon - The emotional consideration of consequences based on fear or hope - those make the best public speakers - but only if mercury is tossed in by some messenger consideration.

Is the tongue forked or silky? What is the message they offer? Mercury.

Merc Moon Sun in some form. This person speaks and represents their character and emotion.

After that - it's all about who's listening and how they feel about it.

Last edited:

AstroAries

I am usually shy and introverted but in my high school English class I was required to give a speech. My mercury (communication) is in Aries. You should have seen it, the class was riveted and I had their undivided attention, and when I was done speaking they all clapped louder than for any of the other students' speeches, clapping almost in unison like disciplined soldiers. Not trying to brag but that's what happened. Ah I love my Aries Mercury.

jamiethebean

I am usually shy and introverted but in my high school English class I was required to give a speech. My mercury (communication) is in Aries. You should have seen it, the class was riveted and I had their undivided attention, and when I was done speaking they all clapped louder than for any of the other students' speeches, clapping almost in unison like disciplined soldiers. Not trying to brag but that's what happened. Ah I love my Aries Mercury.

How cool is that! I think people tend to listen when I talk and I love talking, I'm a cancer sun so I'm hoping that helps rein in any 'high and mighty'-ness when I talk (Leo Mercury). Merc for me is also trine Pluto.. I wonder.

Arena

A good placement of Mercury and luminary signs that like the stage/performance, such as Aries, Leo, Saggi, Cancer, Gemini.

Mercury aspects to Moon, Sun and Jupiter and possibly Venus as well.

Claire19

I think those with planets in the 10th and above the horizon are more likely to be out there in the public arena. Especially Mercury, Jupiter as well as the Sun prominent. Most people are nervous about public speaking to some degree but actual stage fright so that you are almost paralysed, would be those who are more introverted, and often planets in the 12th or strong Pisces and Neptune. Leo Sagittarius and Aries are more out there but it would depend on where those fire planets are. However with experience and even training most people can manage to do some public speaking but may not always enjoy it of course.

Last edited:

Claire19

I'd look at Ascendant (outward appearance/presentation), Midheaven (public view), Mercury (communication), Mars (energy), and Neptune (the masses - connections with them).

I'm sure there are a number of combinations that would show the "style" of the speaker or whether public speaking is a sore spot. It would depend on the chart.

I tend to get strong responses when I speak publicly that I don't expect, so I don't do it anymore. I've feared for my safety more than once, but also have received positive responses. I tend to accidentally sound very authoritative but that isn't my intention. I guess that is the cause of the strong response.

Ascendant in Gemini, opposed Saturn; Mercury in 3rd house Leo conjunct Sun, opposed Moon, square Pluto and trine Saturn; MC in Aquarius sextile Uranus, Mars in Capricorn 8th house, Neptune in Capricorn 8th house inconjunct Mercury (<-- I think this one shows the disconnect the most).

Neptune is not a planet for connection to the masses as such. It is basically behind the scenes, a private planet and one for introversion, meditation and retreat. Perhaps Neptune well aspected in the 10th with strong support can indicate a religious figure or evangelist and someone prominent in the film world.

I could not download your chart so I cant comment on why public speaking may hold some dangers for you.

Last edited:

Claire19

Like Cassiopeia I speak too but as an activist. This includes news interviews, lectures, teach-ins. And for sure it's more interesting to see real life :)
Relevant houses, planets:
I'm Leo rising
Gemini sun & mercury in 11
Aries MC conjunct Chiron & Jupiter (9) (tight orb's) & mars (9) (wider)
3rd house Libra with Pluto & Uranus.

Aspects with these are:
Mercury sextile MC Chiron, Jupiter
Mercury trine Uranus
Rectangle: sun, Pluto, Neptune (5sag), mars
Kite: mars, ac(conjunct Venus 12, cancer), Pluto, Neptune.

The 11th house deals with the media, t.v radio etc and using technology.
Your ruling planet is in the 11th i.e. the Sun and Mercury sextile to Jupiter MC, the planet of higher education and with foreign and global contacts.

3rd third house deals with general communications but on a local scale such as with neighbours, peers, siblings, everyday contacts and schooling. Lecturing and writing, local news etc.... All fits.'

Last edited: