Solar return: 5 planets in the 8th house, including my Sun. How worried should I be?

mahaira

I've been looking at my solar chart for a few weeks now and I try not to worry.

Having Sun alone in the 8th suggests major changes in life and I have Venus, Sun and Jupiter in conjuction there + Moon and Mercury in conjuction + North node.

I've found numerous comments how people relocate on their birthdays (even travel far!) to avoid this placement of the sun in their solar charts! Apparently, that's how bad it is.

Life-changing events are further underlined by Pluto's placement in my 1st house. The last time I had a similar placement (Pluto's transiting my 1st house) my mom died. My husband's my only family.

Conjuction Venus-Sun-Jupiter is "under attack" from Neptune (opposition) while Moon-Mercury are hit by Saturn (square).

Neptune can idicate lies, deception, inability to see clearly while Satun brings about obligations, obstacles and limitations.

On the positive side my husband can get a promotion and we might relocate, I may finally find time and focus to start expressing myself creatively. These are our plans and they take a lot of energy, courage, planning... and luck. It'll be hard, and I hope that the hardship presented in this chart reflects normal problems that may arrise when two people decide together to take a shot at the life they've always wanted.

On the negative side, something may happen to my husband... But... I hope it won't....

Thanks a lot for your thoughts...

martinbd

Hi, 8. house is also about money, money of other people in your life, for example money of your husband, family, or money from state. Jupiter, Venus are good planets, this could mean also some opportunities in this area. In solar returns are aspect not so important. We can say, your year could be about money and transformation, but it is not very good to read solar chart alone, you have to compare it to your radix, and transits, directions.

mahaira

Thank you so much for your reply.
Maybe it's about my husband's promotion then... As long as it's not health :)

His second house is not full with just his Moon there (accentuating his need for material security). The second house ruler is in 11th opposed by Pluto.
However his practically has stelium in conjuction with his MC. So, who knows...

I took a look at my transits. Jupiter nearing my MC, Saturn transiting 1st and Pluto in teh second (soon about to form an opposition with my Venus in 8th).
Again, transformation...

keywine89

Can you post your SR chart? The 8th house isn't that bad. I knew of people who had 8th house stelliums in their SR charts. They either got married or had a lot of opportunities to gain from others.

Cleopatra1

Hello. Thanks for an interesting discussion.
I'd suggest, if you are concerned about your husband, check out his chart (transits, progressions, solar return).

Second, you are lucky, as the influence is only for a year - as opposed to a progression which could be for 30 years.

This may be relevant:
"This year you will get in touch with the more serious aspects of life, searching for deeper meaning, and trying to have intense experiences from which you can learn, grow, and transform".
Source: http://www.thedarkpixieastrology.com/the-progressed-sun.html

Considering we live in a pandemic era, with lots of social turmoil, could it be that a social event or situation will trigger your thinking? If I were you, I would streamline this plutonian energy in a healthy way. For example, could you volunteer for a good social cause - or read more about a plutonian topic?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I've been looking at my solar chart for a few weeks now and I try not to worry.

Having Sun alone in the 8th suggests major changes in life and I have Venus, Sun and Jupiter in conjuction there + Moon and Mercury in conjuction + North node.

I've found numerous comments how people relocate on their birthdays (even travel far!) to avoid this placement of the sun in their solar charts! Apparently, that's how bad it is.

Life-changing events are further underlined by Pluto's placement in my 1st house. The last time I had a similar placement (Pluto's transiting my 1st house) my mom died. My husband's my only family.

Conjuction Venus-Sun-Jupiter is "under attack" from Neptune (opposition) while Moon-Mercury are hit by Saturn (square).

Neptune can idicate lies, deception, inability to see clearly while Satun brings about obligations, obstacles and limitations.

On the positive side my husband can get a promotion and we might relocate, I may finally find time and focus to start expressing myself creatively. These are our plans and they take a lot of energy, courage, planning... and luck. It'll be hard, and I hope that the hardship presented in this chart reflects normal problems that may arrise when two people decide together to take a shot at the life they've always wanted.

On the negative side, something may happen to my husband... But... I hope it won't....

Thanks a lot for your thoughts...
Chris Brennan and Patrick Watson discuss

the concept of stelliums in astrology

what it means to have 3 or 4 or more planets

in the same sign

or

house

in your birth chart.

address some debates and questions about stelliums
such as how many planets need to be involved :smile:
in order for you to have a stellium
what planets or points should be considered
when calculating a stellium
and what is the plural form of the word stellium?

After that we start looking at a bunch of example charts
in order to demonstrate what it looks like in real life
when a person has a stellium of planets
in a specific sign of the zodiac
or in one of the twelve houses.
we also briefly touch on the concept of stelliums in mundane astrology
such as the Capricorn stellium that happened in 2020
or other stelliums
that have coincided with specific events in the past.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkKtfDBp-Iw

Cleopatra1

Good news. Several astrologers have observed that 8th house sun and other planets bring financial themes by 90% of the cases. It is the 12th house that would suggest health issues.