What does Nessus mean in Astrology?

Zarathu

Account Closed
Asteroids don't mean anything themselves, they use their meaning to augment and spice up the chart itself.

There is no way to tell how it impacts you unless you are really just looking for a textbook definition, in which case I'd be happy to recommend a book.

Otherwise we would need to see a chart.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Asteroids have no influence because they have no LIFE, IMO. However, they can add spice to an interpretation by giving minor signposts to influences that do have LIFE.

theV

Asteroids have no influence because they have no LIFE, IMO. However, they can add spice to an interpretation by giving minor signposts to influences that do have LIFE.

I think they shows off in person's life.People embody the asteroid their sensitive points conjunct.

Sweet Pea

The only close aspect it makes in your chart is a conjunction to your descendant, the cusp of your 7th house of "other people" often meaning your partner. Do you find that you meet people who try to exert force over you, push you around?...... that is one classic meaning of Nessus....someone who wants his own way.

Osamenor

Staff member
The only close aspect it makes in your chart is a conjunction to your descendant, the cusp of your 7th house of "other people" often meaning your partner. Do you find that you meet people who try to exert force over you, push you around?...... that is one classic meaning of Nessus....someone who wants his own way.

I have Nessus closely conjunct my DC, and that hasn't been my experience at all.

ALRESCHA

Osamenor, do you think that it could mean that is somewhat the other way around?

I think they shows off in person's life.People embody the asteroid their sensitive points conjunct.

I've started my research on this thing last night. My conclusion is that this thing must not ever be neglected already.

theV

Since Nessus is supposed mischievous, sexually perverted it supposed to shown strongly in sex crimes. But it didn't in famous sex offenders and molesters. I think Sedna has shown to be strong in these cases.

Last edited:

ALRESCHA

I see.

It's not necessarily about sex in some charts I've looked at... the myth pattern is always there, the Nessus person secretly wants to gain something for themselves to better their own situation or sort some old, private things out, the areas, of course, being the planet(s) and the hous(es) involved. They have a wound to heal and they think they can do that by harming the planet person. The time the planet person finds out isn't too late, but, it backfires because the Nessus person already did enough harm

It is motivated and secretive like Pluto, unpredictable like Uranus and determined and calculative like Saturn, very, very scary. It's not evil, but sad, impulsive and blinded by its need

Last edited:

theV

I see.

It's not necessarily about sex in some charts I've looked at... the myth pattern is always there, the Nessus person secretly wants to gain something for themselves to better their own situation or sort some old, private things out, the areas, of course, being the planet(s) and the hous(es) involved. They have a wound to heal and they think they can do that by harming the planet person. The time the planet person finds out isn't too late, but, it backfires because the Nessus person already did enough harm

It is motivated and secretive like Pluto, unpredictable like Uranus and determined and calculative like Saturn, very, very scary. It's not evil, but sad, impulsive and blinded by its need

Nice to see you have done a research because all what I've read Nessus is sexual related. I could see all the energies of these planets blend in Nessus good work!

ALRESCHA

Yeah, it's not Nessus that does the Nessus work, it's the planet it aspects that is driven and the area of life is the house it occupies. The planet and the house combined represent the hole it wants to fill with the gain that is the other person's planet. So it will try to get something it can't, and the cause of the problem has noting to do with the other person. The sacrifice it wants is the planet afflicted in the other person's chart. So, much like a rapist. It wants to take whatever the other person's planet represents and carry it to the hole to fill it using the planet Nessus aspects natally. Once that's uncovered, the Nessus person reacts the same way their driven planet does. If it's Mars, Venus, Pluto, then it could be about sex.

I am very confused about Centaurs, I don't know what orbs to use. I always underestimate Chiron and I learn this the hard way, I hope this guy is not as significant.

Last edited:

ALRESCHA

I don't understand your question. What do you mean by "it," and what do you mean by "that is somewhat the other way around"?

Thank you for asking, little bear :sideways: :joyful:

by 'it' I mean the fact that it's on the cusp of your DC, 'the other way around' meaning that you sometimes try to exert force over them a little? does it aspect any planets?

I hope that you won't misunderstand and take this personally :) We're all but human :)

theV

Yeah, it's not Nessus that does the Nessus work, it's the planet it aspects that is driven and the area of life is the house it occupies. The planet and the house combined represent the hole it wants to fill with the gain that is the other person's planet. So it will try to get something it can't, and the cause of the problem has noting to do with the other person. The sacrifice it wants is the planet afflicted in the other person's chart. So, much like a rapist. It wants to take whatever the other person's planet represents and carry it to the hole to fill it using the planet Nessus aspects natally. Once that's uncovered, the Nessus person reacts the same way their driven planet does. If it's Mars, Venus, Pluto, then it could be about sex.

I am very confused about Centaurs, I don't know what orbs to use. I always underestimate Chiron and I learn this the hard way, I hope this guy is not as significant.

So The planet is like Deianeira?

Osamenor

Staff member
by 'it' I mean the fact that it's on the cusp of your DC, 'the other way around' meaning that you sometimes try to exert force over them a little?
I wouldn't say try to, but perhaps I exert some force sometimes without trying. I don't know. I also have Capricorn rising and Pluto square my AC/DC, which I would think would make for a somewhat forceful personality. I'm a Leo sun, too... I don't know if I'd say Leos are necessarily forceful, but there's typically something expansive about us.

does it aspect any planets?

It forms a tight but out of sign trine with Uranus and a loose square with Pluto.

ALRESCHA

I wouldn't say try to, but perhaps I exert some force sometimes without trying. I don't know. I also have Capricorn rising and Pluto square my AC/DC, which I would think would make for a somewhat forceful personality. I'm a Leo sun, too... I don't know if I'd say Leos are necessarily forceful, but there's typically something expansive about us.

It forms a tight but out of sign trine with Uranus and a loose square with Pluto.

I don't know about the rest of the chart, but that alone tells me I wouldn't want to anger you, little bear
c0410.gif

It could all mean that it's your way or no way, sometimes. Hint: Pluto often struggles for what it already has. And Saturn always seeks security.

Perhaps it's a little hard for you to forgive. We're here to clean our karma, not to retaliate. :wink:

Studying this thing is good, because that can help prevent us from letting it overpower us and stop us from presenting the pray to the hole. I can see how it has to do with the progressions. My lesson involving Nessus is being repeated the third time in a year, the pattern is generally the same thanks to Nessus, so I wonder why does it repeat even though I peacefully accepted paying the price to a person's Mars and Saturn once already. I actually felt relieved. Still, paying again seems scary and just too much. :unsure: They always take what the planet person holds precious thinking that the hole will somehow exchange a smooth aspect to their driven planet in return. No matter what anyone thinks, the hole is never the better opposite side than the driven planet or the other person's planet.

theV

Asteroids explains further pattern in your chart, they reinforce some of the aspect you have. For example, if you have a strong pluto, you will have strong dark asteroids to reinforce your plutonian personality. If you have moon/pluto aspect, you will other dark asteroids in connection to moon to explains the moon/pluto patterns.

I have Moon wide orb 7° conjunct Pluto contra parallel Lilith. I have a total bad *** scorpion mom, and my moon is pretty plutonian. I noticed dark themed asteroids parallel conjunct contra parallel my moon to explains the moon/pluto aspect.

Last edited: