Venus in scorpio

Abby83

Hi all,

I've encountered a few ppl in my life who have all told me that in their relationship they felt their partner was taking advantage of them sexually and they didn't enjoy that feeling of being used. What these ppl had in common was that they all had venus in scorpio. So im wondering if this is something to expect with venus in scorpio? Does anyone have any knowledge or experience they would like to share about this placement and their relationship?

jaimie

Hi all,

I've encountered a few ppl in my life who have all told me that in their relationship they felt their partner was taking advantage of them sexually and they didn't enjoy that feeling of being used. What these ppl had in common was that they all had venus in scorpio. So im wondering if this is something to expect with venus in scorpio? Does anyone have any knowledge or experience they would like to share about this placement and their relationship?
Hi I myself have venus and mars in scorpio. I can tell you that there is no intention of taking advantage of people nor emotionally nor sexually, people with these planets in scorpio often themselves feel that way! Because they are really intense, passionate and dark, once they give in and expose themselves they want the same from their lover.

Witchyone

I've known one person with this placement well, a male. He is very interested in sex and quite serious about it, and has had lots of partners. Interestingly, he commented to me more than once that he felt that he'd been used by women for sex, and he seemed to have mixed feelings about it. Like, he understood the need for sex without attachment, but he still felt slighted that that's all they wanted. I kind of thought he was joking, but maybe he wasn't.

Abby83

Hi I myself have venus and mars in scorpio. I can tell you that there is no intention of taking advantage of people nor emotionally nor sexually, people with these planets in scorpio often themselves feel that way! Because they are really intense, passionate and dark, once they give in and expose themselves they want the same from their lover.

Hi Jaime, thanks for your reply. What I meant was that the person who has venus in scorpio is the one who feels others take advantage of them. Is this true for u?

Abby83

I've known one person with this placement well, a male. He is very interested in sex and quite serious about it, and has had lots of partners. Interestingly, he commented to me more than once that he felt that he'd been used by women for sex, and he seemed to have mixed feelings about it. Like, he understood the need for sex without attachment, but he still felt slighted that that's all they wanted. I kind of thought he was joking, but maybe he wasn't.

I totally get what you're saying. Like my mum has venus scorpio and she was saying that she felt used having sex with my dad every time, yet, she still had sex with him 3x a wk.

Jadi

My sister has this, and she get's annoyed when she finds out that a guy gets too intimate too soon, she feels like guys are only looking to have sex which is a huge dealbreaker for her. In her case Venus is also retrograde so that complicates it.

Abby83

My sister has this, and she get's annoyed when she finds out that a guy gets too intimate too soon, she feels like guys are only looking to have sex which is a huge dealbreaker for her. In her case Venus is also retrograde so that complicates it.

How interesting. Yes this is true with another woman I know. Im sure the venus in scorpio makes her rather sexy to the opposite sex and therefore attracts that with the male. Like I mean I have venus in virgo 11th house so I attract men who take their time with me.

jaimie

Hi abby yes that was what I meant, because venus and mars are in scorpio we go all the way, emotionally and sexually, when we do not get that in return we feel taken advantage of...

Jadi

How interesting. Yes this is true with another woman I know. Im sure the venus in scorpio makes her rather sexy to the opposite sex and therefore attracts that with the male. Like I mean I have venus in virgo 11th house so I attract men who take their time with me.
She has it in the third house squaring a Mars in Aquarius from the fifth. So yeah :biggrin:

I have Venus in Scorpio. It boils down more to the person than everyone I've had sex with. I had an Aries ex that I felt just wanted me for sex. I'm with a Sagittarius now and tell him he doesn't have to agree to it if he's not interested, as I feel I'm just using him for sex at times. But the Aries was very passionate and had a great sexual prowess. The Sagittarius was (until recently) very conservative about sex, to a degree that I thought he didn't want it. Venus in Scorpio makes for a great desire for sex and passion, though sometimes it's short lived (at least for me).

Abby83

I have Venus in Scorpio. It boils down more to the person than everyone I've had sex with. I had an Aries ex that I felt just wanted me for sex. I'm with a Sagittarius now and tell him he doesn't have to agree to it if he's not interested, as I feel I'm just using him for sex at times. But the Aries was very passionate and had a great sexual prowess. The Sagittarius was (until recently) very conservative about sex, to a degree that I thought he didn't want it. Venus in Scorpio makes for a great desire for sex and passion, though sometimes it's short lived (at least for me).

This is interesting to read about the two lovers. I'm guessing that being a venus in scorpio person means falling into sexual activities before really getting to know or falling in love with the person first, and then getting into the trap of feeling used, cos it was all about that sex in the first place. This is why I often think virgo is a good compatibility for scorpio cos they tame the scorpio venus so he/she can get to know the person better before sex. Just a thought.

Jadi

This is interesting to read about the two lovers. I'm guessing that being a venus in scorpio person means falling into sexual activities before really getting to know or falling in love with the person first, and then getting into the trap of feeling used, cos it was all about that sex in the first place. This is why I often think virgo is a good compatibility for scorpio cos they tame the scorpio venus so he/she can get to know the person better before sex. Just a thought.
They use sex as a means to get to know you, and it means a great deal to them, it's not a light matter to them. But yeah, if you find out in bed that he/she isn't really what you're looking for, then it's a great disappointment. It feels like they've wasted their time and resources.

Last edited:

Abby83

They use sex as a means to get to know you, and it means a great deal to them, it's not a light matter to them. But yeah, if you find out in bed that he/she isn't really what you're looking for, then it's a great disappointment. It feels like they've wasted their time and resources.

Oh yes, this is very true.

Sexual activities just tend to happen with me, but I'm sure that's more than just Scorpio Venus (I have several planets in Scorpio). I'm not sure about Virgo, really. I'm guessing you mean a Virgo Mars/Venus? I personally don't get along well with Virgo Suns (unless they have a LOT to counteract that sun). One of the guys I had a "passion adventure" with was a Virgo sun man. He seemed to have been planning for sex in the first place, looking back. I try giving men the benefit of the doubt, but I think this one had planned having second from the beginning. The Sagittarius I'm currently with has a Virgo ascendant. We had sex the second time we spent time together, but I think he did it more as a means to kill time/have fun. We didn't (until recently) have sex much after that.. I think that was more related to not knowing how to communicate our desires (both of us have Scorpio in Mercury and tend to keep things hidden) and viewing each other as conservative since neither was making a move than not actually wanting it. Though, you may be onto something... His chart has a lot of Virgo and mine has a lot of Scorpio and I'd say we get along pretty well...

LovelyMissAries

So, I knew a Scorpio Sun man who felt taken advantage of by women sexually, and I know a Venus in Scorpio man that did things he was uncomfortable with sexually in order to please his partner. Interesting topic.

Merlyn

As a Venus in Scorpio (chart ruler, 1H), I ask you to take a look at what sex represented in each of these relationships, and to not take the planet out of the context of the entire chart configuration... Scorpio is about energetic meaning which tears down the walls of boundary, so I'm certain that each Venus in Scorpio mentioned here had something deeper that was driving their compulsive need for sex, or the feeling that they were being used.

Merlyn

Merlyn

Taurus is going to be about tangible sensation - the smell or sound of something, the pleasant gyration of sexual organs. Scorpio, the polarity point, has to do with energetics, and how things make us feel. Regardless of how basic an experience is, it will impact us, therefore transforming us in one way or another. La petite mort, was the likening of orgasm to death. In both death and sex, we experience a tearing down of a familiar reality, and an expansion of understanding, impossible to fathom prior to the experience. From a Taurean point of view, we can understand the act of sex as the dance between bodies and the pleasure of orgasm, but Scorpio sees it as the twisting and writhing of control, the passion which cannot be contained in language alone, and even a simultaneous connection to the divine, alongside our more primitive selves.

Issues related to sex could have to do with a myriad of things (able to be explored through the positions of the Moon and Pluto), like power, control, the drive for expansion or pleasure . . .

Last edited:

Witchyone

Perhaps it's because it is so difficult (impossible) to talk about energies without looking at how they interact with everything else in a chart, and in this case, how they also fit with a sexual partner chart, but the trouble I have understanding Venus is Scorpio is that they seem to need contradictory things from sex: on the one hand, they seem to need sex very early in the relationship, and they aren't satisfied unless you reveal everything about your sexual self. They use this experience to decide whether someone is compatible with them. At the same time, they do, in fact, seem to attach to everyone they have sex with, even though they don't want to admit it. So they have to keep attaching and separating to find what/who they need, and that can have the effect of damaging them over and over...leading to a lack of trust and a wall going up around the heart.

I'm mostly talking about one person, so I may be off-base.

I should also note that I have Venus in Taurus, making me the opposite, and I guess that might add to my confusion.

Last edited:

Abby83

Perhaps it's because it is so difficult (impossible) to talk about energies without looking at how they interact with everything else in a chart, and in this case, how they also fit with a sexual partner chart, but the trouble I have understanding Venus is Scorpio is that they seem to need contradictory things from sex: on the one hand, they seem to need sex very early in the relationship, and they aren't satisfied unless you reveal everything about your sexual self. They use this experience to decide whether someone is compatible with them. At the same time, they do, in fact, seem to attach to everyone they have sex with, even though they don't want to admit it. So they have to keep attaching and separating to find what/who they need, and that can have the effect of damaging them over and over...leading to a lack of trust and a wall going up around the heart.

I'm mostly talking about one person, so I may be off-base.

I should also note that I have Venus in Taurus, making me the opposite, and I guess that might add to my confusion.

Well I would have to agree with this. I will admit that I personally don't have venus in scorpio. This thread is based on observations of pretty much every person I know who has venus in scorpio. However, I will say that my asc is scorpio and that even with that, growing up as a teenager and young adult, I had the problems described with venus in scorpio as well. By that I mean, I used to jump into sex first before getting to know the person and then all the mistakes in the relationship would come up as well as the emotional turmoil and attachment to what wasn't really there but was idealised and fantasised instead. Lots of ppl do this actually. But scorpio as a sign in general carries the traits of jumping into sex too soon as a way to get to know a person, but it doesn't exactly work that way. And I reckon that's why venus is in detriment in this sign. However all is not lost. There's a sign for everyone :). Virgo, Taurus and cancer are quite good at taming the scorpios and help them to slow down.