Transits to My Composite chart.

ChildOfVenus

Are they significant? I notice with someone next year I'll be having transits to the Composite North Node and Juno involving Sun, Venus, Saturn, and Jupiter.

bywSWfQ7_o.png

ElenaJ

Transits to the composite chart can act as "triggers " and set off energy in the chart.
The aspects you mention are not really very strong.
More significant perhaps would be a progression of the composite.

ChildOfVenus

Transits to the composite chart can act as "triggers " and set off energy in the chart.
The aspects you mention are not really very strong.
More significant perhaps would be a progression of the composite.
I’ve read on other astrology forums that transit aspects to the North Node are significant. And double whammy’s are usually strong.

ChildOfVenus

For the chart I posted above Transit North Node conjunct composite Sun is at four degrees. Transit Saturn conjunct composite Juno is at four degrees. Transit Sun conjunct Composite North Node is a one degree aspect. And Transit Moon conjunct Composite North Node is two degrees. Those aren’t wide degree orbs.

ElenaJ

You left off transiting Chiron conjunct NN by 4 degrees.

Actually a tight orb is one degree, maximum two.
Keep in mind a composite is not a chart of planets, but points that are an average between the planets of the two original charts. Which is why you want to stay as close as possible, really tight.
Of the aspects you listed, actually none are exact, and only Sun on NN is one degree. Of course we know transiting sun lasts one day, so this is really a quickly passing aspect.
Have you tried doing a progressed composite? You might find it helpful and insightful.

ChildOfVenus

You left off transiting Chiron conjunct NN by 4 degrees.

Actually a tight orb is one degree, maximum two.
Keep in mind a composite is not a chart of planets, but points that are an average between the planets of the two original charts. Which is why you want to stay as close as possible, really tight.
Of the aspects you listed, actually none are exact, and only Sun on NN is one degree. Of course we know transiting sun lasts one day, so this is really a quickly passing aspect.
Have you tried doing a progressed composite? You might fin Mariex35 d it helpful and insightful.

Right now Transit Pluto is currently conjunct Composite Moon. There are a couple of Progressed Composites on the list I’m not sure which one it is.

ElenaJ

"Right now Transit Pluto is currently conjunct Composite Moon. "

At an 8 degree orb.

There are a couple of Progressed Composites on the list I’m not sure which one it is

Under Partner Progressions, do the first one, Progressed Composite Midpoint method.

You could do the reference point progressed chart if the original two natal charts are from different countries and live elsewhere.

The last option, just gives you each natal as a progressed chart, plus the progressed composite, which is a quick reference, but they become a little small to read.

ChildOfVenus

"Right now Transit Pluto is currently conjunct Composite Moon. "

At an 8 degree orb.

There are a couple of Progressed Composites on the list I’m not sure which one it is

Under Partner Progressions, do the first one, Progressed Composite Midpoint method.

You could do the reference point progressed chart if the original two natal charts are from different countries and live elsewhere.

The last option, just gives you each natal as a progressed chart, plus the progressed composite, which is a quick reference, but they become a little small to read.

What do you do with the progressed Composite chart? Do you compare it to the natal charts of both people? Also why are transits to the progressed chart more significant than the regular transits to the Composite chart?

Below is the progressed composite chart with the current transits.

BhTb0alq_o.png

ElenaJ

Thanks for posting.
What is a composite chart? It simply gives us a snapshot of the relationship between the two persons (or more if you do it for multiple persons).
Because the relationship between a couple takes on its own identity, and can have its own chart, which is the blend of the two natals.

And the composite can be progressed, just as the natals can be, and the composite is derived from the natals. And that shows us the current state of the relationship.
And we can look at the transits, just as you did for the composite, but they have to be very tight, one or maximum two degrees. They give an idea of any energy that might be accumulating and setting off the energy of the chart.
The transits of the composite or of the progressed composite have the same importance, or lack of importance. One isn't more important than the other.

And in the progressed composite we see a couple of interesting movements.
One is that the moon has just changed signs. So the emotional level of the relationship will have a subtle shift in emphasis, from Aries to taurus, it will seem more grounded and less impulsive than before.
And there will be more easy flow of communications, because the moon is currently sextile mercury.
Mercury in home loving, family oriented cancer will be shortly joined by the progressed sun, giving a new importance to those themes in the relationship.
Moon advancing will oppose pluto, so you will have to work out issues of control, the tendency to dominate one another, impose one's own point of view over the other's.
in the past, sun had opposed Uranus, the impulse towards independence in the relationship, with lessons to be learned when it conjunct Chiron, all of which was facilitated by the easy aspect with Jupiter.
Venus approaching the opposition to Saturn says there will be a shift in the way you express your love to each other, it will become more anchored and stable and "cozy" rather than sexy.
The ascendent will soon change as well. Up to now the significators of the two partners have been sun and Uranus, and they will later become mercury and Neptune. Both of these pairs are in opposition aspect, so there has been and will be a necessity for compromise on both parts to remain a single harmonious unit.
What is the importance of all this? Insight.
If you know that tomorrow the forecast is for rain, you take an umbrella with you.
If you see from the chart that a particular type of energy will be coming to the forefront in your relationship, you can try to work on that area to develop it or soften its effects.
The transits of the "personal planets" are so quick that they pass over sometimes without being noticed, they are just a blimp on the road.
But from Jupiter onwards the planets are slower so have time to work and make an impression. And each one as it passes, whether in easy or difficult aspect, is meant to lead us somewhere, to give us something. Whether it is a reward or a challenge. And if we have an idea of what it is, we can profit that much more from it.
Again, the progressed chart, just like the composite itself, is literally a snapshot. A screenshot. It gives us a glimpse.
The more info we have, the more we can tune ourselves into what we are meant to be experiencing. Because life, we know, isn't static. It is in continuous evolution. And we have to follow it.
Sorry for the philosophy, but my point is that we don't have fear of the dark when we have a flashlight in hand.
This is a tool, like many others, that can be very helpful as a guide.

ChildOfVenus

Thank you for your input it really makes a lot of sense. I
always see people talking about the progressed Composite chart. But I wasn’t sure what it was all about.

This is my friends natal chart with the current transits. Lately I’ve been worried about them. Are they going through something? Or is it just me?

0006UoaB_o.jpeg

ElenaJ

Look at the outer planets to see what is being activated.
Neptune transiting the 10th of career and reputation, squaring natal sun.
Transiting Saturn and Jupiter trine sun from 8th and 9th.
Pluto on cusp of 8th, activating also the 2nd of values and self esteem. Involving the 8th could be working with other people's money. Also squaring Jupiter, midheaven ruler.
Chiron transiting over the NN, transiting NN over natal Venus.
It is a growth period for him.
The aspects can be interpreted in many ways, you know his general life situation so can understand how to apply them. For example, NN on Venus is positive, his natal Venus rules the 5th which could be children, or it could be creativity if he is an artist.
Does he work, is he a writer so Neptune there stimulates his imagination, or is he an actor, etc etc.
Look at his progressed chart to see what is being triggered and what areas of life.
How can you help? See if there are contacts between the two progressed charts and the natal charts.
For example, is his progressed Saturn touching any points in your chart, or your progressed Venus contacting his natal or progressed, etc, keep looking at all the various combinations to see what is being activated.
Keep digging and you will find smooth pathways to helping each other, just as you can identify where your relationship is being stressed. This will tell you where you can push or where you have to step back.
Just take it apart piece by piece and see how the pieces fit. And use your knowledge of him, and your own intuition.

ChildOfVenus

Look at the outer planets to see what is being activated.
Neptune transiting the 10th of career and reputation, squaring natal sun.
Transiting Saturn and Jupiter trine sun from 8th and 9th.
Pluto on cusp of 8th, activating also the 2nd of values and self esteem. Involving the 8th could be working with other people's money. Also squaring Jupiter, midheaven ruler.
Chiron transiting over the NN, transiting NN over natal Venus.
It is a growth period for him.
The aspects can be interpreted in many ways, you know his general life situation so can understand how to apply them. For example, NN on Venus is positive, his natal Venus rules the 5th which could be children, or it could be creativity if he is an artist.
Does he work, is he a writer so Neptune there stimulates his imagination, or is he an actor, etc etc.
Look at his progressed chart to see what is being triggered and what areas of life.
How can you help? See if there are contacts between the two progressed charts and the natal charts.
For example, is his progressed Saturn touching any points in your chart, or your progressed Venus contacting his natal or progressed, etc, keep looking at all the various combinations to see what is being activated.
Keep digging and you will find smooth pathways to helping each other, just as you can identify where your relationship is being stressed. This will tell you where you can push or where you have to step back.
Just take it apart piece by piece and see how the pieces fit. And use your knowledge of him, and your own intuition.

He's a musician my progressed Sun, Mercury, and Karma conjuncts his natal Venus but that's at four degrees. And my progressed Chiron conjuncts his natal Sun.

W9t6ZO1T_o.png

But his progressed planets don't conjunct my natal planets.
o8je68o8_o.png

ElenaJ

He being a musician puts the Neptune contacts into context. And with Midheaven, his profession. Thank you.

It doesn't matter who's planets touch base with the other's chart.
It's the contact that matters.
Sun/venus is very positive, good feelings and probably good social life together.

Not sure which chart is yours, but the progressed Venus in taurus sextile Venus/mercury is good times together.

The first chart person has ascendent ruler mercury on Midheaven, working at career, and opposing Uranus in the 4th, while squaring the relationship houses of 1st/7th.
This is energy that is getting restless and having independence issues.
They need lots of free space and a very long rope.
The more they feel confined, they more they will rebel.
They also have Neptune near descendent.
This is a critical period for them in relationships and home life and they need time to work it out.

ChildOfVenus

He being a musician puts the Neptune contacts into context. And with Midheaven, his profession. Thank you.

It doesn't matter who's planets touch base with the other's chart.
It's the contact that matters.
Sun/venus is very positive, good feelings and probably good social life together.

Not sure which chart is yours, but the progressed Venus in taurus sextile Venus/mercury is good times together.

The first chart person has ascendent ruler mercury on Midheaven, working at career, and opposing Uranus in the 4th, while squaring the relationship houses of 1st/7th.
This is energy that is getting restless and having independence issues.
They need lots of free space and a very long rope.
The more they feel confined, they more they will rebel.
They also have Neptune near descendent.
This is a critical period for them in relationships and home life and they need time to work it out.

The Gemini Sun and Taurus Moon is my progressed chart. Pluto transiting their 8th house makes sense and why they told me they needed money.

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

Ok then.

Now look at his chart with mars on ascendent square pluto in 4th.

Yeah so issues with family I do try to give him space. The only time I talk to him is when I go to the store (because he works there) which is usually once or twice a month. And sometimes I’ll give him money I assume that helps a little.

ElenaJ

So you don't actually live together or have a permanent relationship with him at the moment?
His 2nd house of income is ruled by moon in the 6th, and at 29 degrees.
So he earns money from daily work, and he will never really accumulate money.
His 4th of home is mercury, on ascendent conjunct mars. So he depends a lot on family, although tends to be argumentative in the home.
Mercury trine MH from ascendent, his family helps with his career.
His 6th of work and 10th of career are ruled by Jupiter in 11th, so mainly friends find work for him.
That transiting Neptune in 10th square his sun in 12th makes him a little lazy and saps his ambition. Partly from a lack of self confidence, shown by both the 29 degree moon that rules his 2nd of self esteem, as well as the sun/saturn opposition.
Moon will conjunct Neptune, again, a bit of a dreamer, and also attracting women who take pity on him and empathise with his plight.

ChildOfVenus

So you don't actually live together or have a permanent relationship with him at the moment?
His 2nd house of income is ruled by moon in the 6th, and at 29 degrees.
So he earns money from daily work, and he will never really accumulate money.
His 4th of home is mercury, on ascendent conjunct mars. So he depends a lot on family, although tends to be argumentative in the home.
Mercury trine MH from ascendent, his family helps with his career.
His 6th of work and 10th of career are ruled by Jupiter in 11th, so mainly friends find work for him.
That transiting Neptune in 10th square his sun in 12th makes him a little lazy and saps his ambition. Partly from a lack of self confidence, shown by both the 29 degree moon that rules his 2nd of self esteem, as well as the sun/saturn opposition.
Moon will conjunct Neptune, again, a bit of a dreamer, and also attracting women who take pity on him and empathise with his plight.
Yes I sense he does have issues with his self esteem. No we don’t live together and we aren’t in a relationship. We’ve known each other for awhile. And we hooked up once a couple of years ago. And awhile ago he asked to see me again. But I was involved with someone else at the time. But now I’m trying to see if he’ll hook up with me again sometime in the future. Is there anyway that I can see that from the progressed chart?