Will I be able to properly use an advance to our advantage?

Mahasvapna

So here's the background: basically I recently opened a small business, and we have the opportunity to get a really good rate on what is essentially an advance. There's not a lot of risk for us because a percentage of our CC sales is simply diverted towards repayment, and what we intend to do is devote all of it towards marketing, both reinforcing current marketing and new marketing that we've previously had to pass on. However, of course, if that money isn't properly utilized then we'll just end up losing in the end. I have on opinion about what the chart indicates, but I don't want to create an bias and my horary is so so. IN short, my interpretation seems positive.

The question restated is this: Will I be able to properly use this advance the advantage of my business in the longer run?

7142011.jpg

Mahasvapna

So, what I think I understand so far is that the significator is Venus, because that is where the ascendent falls at the time the question was asked, and that because it is an 11th house question (is it?) the significator of the question is the Sun ruling Leo. They are both in the 10th house entering conjunction, so I would venture a yes, but with saturn conjunct the ascendent there will be delays, or the timing will not be what I think/hope it will be?

I could really use an opinion on this interpretation.

Edit: Or, is it ultimately a finance question? If so, the saturn rules the question itself, and there is, or at the time there was, a square between saturn and venus, with each conjunct an angle. I don't know where to start interpreting that.

Last edited:

Anachiel

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if you will use the money well, as in with discipline and wisdom? Or, are you asking if you will have enough to use toward your business? Or.....? Please clarify.

Mahasvapna

If I clarify the question further, should I draw up a new chart?

Basically the advance is to be used towards more and ideally better marketing. We're upgrading the marketing that we're already doing, doing a few new things, adding signage to the clinic itself - we have a sign, but we plan to mount something to the house as well. The idea is that although taking the advance will cut into our profits for the next three months or so - assuming we do the same kind of business we have been doing - using the advance to market better can mean more clients, which in turn means that we'll ideally be bringing in more money and will be able to better handle the reduced income for that period; and of course, be ultimately making better income after the advance is repaid.

So, the question ultimately, and more specifically, is: If we use the advance in this way, will it really be advantageous in the end?

Since this question is more specified and thought out, I figured a new chart would be necessary - if not then the first stands but here is the chart at the moment the question itself crystallized. Thank you for helping me focus the issue.

7162011.gif

BobZemco

So here's the background: basically I recently opened a small business, and we have the opportunity to get a really good rate on what is essentially an advance. There's not a lot of risk for us because a percentage of our CC sales is simply diverted towards repayment, and what we intend to do is devote all of it towards marketing, both reinforcing current marketing and new marketing that we've previously had to pass on. However, of course, if that money isn't properly utilized then we'll just end up losing in the end. I have on opinion about what the chart indicates, but I don't want to create an bias and my horary is so so. IN short, my interpretation seems positive.

The question restated is this: Will I be able to properly use this advance the advantage of my business in the longer run?

It doesn't look like it.

This is a 2nd House Question.

Mars, your 2nd House Ruler is Out-of-Sect and damaged by the South Node. That is a clear indicator of problems. Jupiter, the natural significator of wealth is Peregrine in your 8th House.

Your Lot of Debt (Usury) is at 18°Leo34' conjunct Mercury at 18°Leo02'. Some consider Mercury to be in Fall in Leo. Mercury is Peregrine and Out-of-Sect, which would indicate a "No" and also that you will have problems repaying what you borrowed. That would be made worse by the sextile from the Out-of-Sect Mars with the Tail.

The Lot's Dispositor is Sun Peregrine in Cancer in opposition to a Capricorn Moon who is Peregrine. The Moon is conjunct your Lot of Labor at 15° Capricorn.

Your Lot of Wealth (Substance) is at 20° Leo conjunct the Peregrine Out-of-Sect Mercury and conjunct your Lot of Debt.

Your Lot of Fortune is disposited by the Out-of-Sect Mars conjunct Tail in sextile with the Peregrine Out-of-Sect Mercury.

Your Peregrine Capricorn Moon also opposes your 1st and 8th House Rulers.

Your Ascendant Ruler is also Peregrine Under Beams and applying to Combust, plus square Saturn conjunct your Ascendant.

Not only will you not use the money properly, your business will fail and you'll end up in court with the bank and your creditors.

Mahasvapna

Wow, just looking up those terms I feel like I just gained at least half of a full education.

Thank you very much for your interpretation.

So now I ask - when it comes to horary astrology in your experience, just as with other forms of astrology would you say this ultimately means that what I had in mind is a bad idea, and that if I rethink everything then I can turn that situation differently?

It's no secret that the economy (here in the US anyway) is awful, and while we're not failing, yet, we're not really growing much either. We're fairly new, but developing the capital to market better is tough, and with this economy getting people through the door is that much harder even with good marketing.

What is your take on horary astrology in this regard? Do we take these interpretations as warnings to pick another course, or warnings to identify the negative influences and act selectively to counter them?

Peace

Edit: The only thing I can't really find a description of is when you say that Mars is 'damaged by the south node' - would you mind expounding on what this means?

Last edited:

dr. farr

Although my take on the horary is not quite as intense as Mr Zemco's, I must agree with him about the negative indications in this chart. The primary quesited significator Mars, polluted by the South Node in Gemini, is a pretty negative indication; also the Sun, dispositor of both the Lots of Debt and the Wealth, falls in a pitted degree of Cancer, which shows difficult blockages to the subject matter of the horary question.

I think the meaning of this horary is that you need to rethink everything about this situation, then come up with a new idea/plan, and then ask if that new idea/plan would work out well for your intention.

Mahasvapna

Update: So I took the advice given seriously, and called back the representative to let him know that I didn't think now was the time to do the advance. He insisted that I let him know what questions and concerns I had, and I explained basically that I wasn't sure now was a good time for it for the business - I didn't tell him of course that my horary reading was very negative on the subject. So he asked why I thought that and I gave him the list of concerns I had from having reviewed the application and my other prospects after I got the information I received here.

Now, forgive me if I seem naive about it, but I'm brand new to the small business world, I happened to be at the center of a series of beneficial influences and although I planned carefully, I planned quickly and went from nothing to operating in about two months. However, I have had to learn as I go.

Well, it turns out that in order to receive the advance, I would have to switch merchant processing to their company. Not a big deal, my merchant services people have no penalties for switching accounts - but it's a burden on the book keeping because my people work with the software that we use and it's all very efficient, which I very much need. But, for the chance to put more capital towards marketing, which I also need, I could deal for a few months while we pay back. It wasn't, however, told to me up front that this would be the case.

The biggest hidden catch though? If I did sign up with them, it would cost me almost 4k to switch to any other merchant services company if I did so in less than two years - signing for two years is a condition of the advance.

What's particularly interesting is that in the first chart, I tried to interpret it myself but didn't really have the information that I needed to do it well; but I understood that saturn on the ascendent meant basically that there would be unavoidable delays. The company I'm already with also does advances, but only after I've been in business for six months and am doing at least 5k per month in credit card transactions.

SO, I don't think I would have gone with them anyway, maybe, but without some cautionary advice I might have been very drawn by the prospect of having that working capital.

I definitely want to learn more about Horary astrology, and I'm working through the material on skyscript currently. I hope that I'll be able to learn a lot here as well.

peace