Mercury Rx retrograde retro January 11, 2009

tsquare

I thought it may be nice to have a place for stories on Mercury going Rx today.

Should be any moment now.

tick tock, tick tock, tick tock....

Gotta run,
Getting some needed sleep,
TS

Neptune Rising

Confusion confusion confusion!

Its gonna go back and forth across my 25 Cap Sun.

As if I weren't confused enough already...

They are installing a new computer system at work this weekend, we go back to see how it works tomorrow, should be interesting.

NR

sageofaquarius

My trusty old computer printer gave up the ghost three hours into the retrograde.

Fortunately I was given some money for a new one at Christmas and took delivery a few days ago. I'm just hoping it works OK.

Alstroemeria

A dear friend of mine (who has Mercury Rx natally) met an old acquaintance of ours today through Facebook.

He wasn't an old friend (far from that, actually), but he seemed interested in making amends. Cool guy.

Considered making an FB today to reconnect with old friends, but I'm not sure if that would just result in miscommunication... :rolleyes:

aquarius7000

Hi all,

As in Alstromeria's post, I too have been contacted by old school mates in the last few days (rx-merc shadow period), to whom I had almost lost all contact.:)

My brother, who was visiting me, left earlier this morning by train, and, of course, the train was late (but why blame rx-Merc alone with all that snow lying about). And, so, he would have actually missed his onward train connection, but for the delay in that train's time, too.;)

Smerk,
:Daquarius7000

rogue_red

I just love mercury retrograde:D . Over the years i've come to really nurture my mercury maybe because im so dependent on it. When merc goes retro I try to avoid depending on my cell phone, computer etc, I keep discussions regarding anything heated to a minimum, I expect that there will be holdups and misunderstandings so I double check my correspondances, keep copies of letters or emails sent just in case...and i go into review mode. Instead of being frustrated by misunderstanding what im trying to learn, i go back over what i have already learned.
Since merc went retro (especially because its gonna retro right over my cap moon) i put my mouth in park and let my brain idle for a bit to ensure im not jumping down someone throat because i misunderstood.:)

Reyka

Mercury retrograde always affects me. [Probably due to Mercury ruling my Gemini Venus and Saturn and my Virgoan Pluto.]
I tend to have misinterpreted communication and computer problems, and last year a parcel that was due to reach me in 3 days took 12 days instead (!).

I just tried to message a friend on another forum and my message came back- apparently my friend's inbox is full. Go figure.

This time around I am not going to try to fix my computer during this time, as I most probably will have to fix it again soon afterwards;
I am not going to buy new electric/electronic appliances;
I am going to try and avoid travelling in general.

Last edited:

tsquare

Everything is working fine here.
haha.
Maybe merc Rx is good to me.

There is a winter storm warning, no travel advised, etc. But other then that......everything else seems to be working OK.
I'm runnig dual monitors right now, just picked up a new computer monitor a few days ago....I've been setting that up...everything works fine, new printer too, that works fine as well.
Phone works, cell phone is fine......I did just receive an overdue book notice from the library...should get those returned or call today to renew...
I hear they turn over overdue books now to collection agency's....
It would be fun to not be able to get a loan becuase I didn't take some stupid books back on time.

Can't think of anything out of the ordinary.

Stuck in the house....I'll probably just do laundry, and sit in my room, move all my **** from the table, computer, printer, etc, into my room, set up my desk......maybe electrocute myself with crossed wires or something...haha

I don't have facebook, set it up a while ago and realised I didn't want to talk to any of the old people I knew after I looked them up. So no old friends looking me up so far....or at least they can't find me...haha...
Most of the people I used to know live all over, everyone kind of scattered like out of a shotgun over the county.....world...so did I. And I'm not done yet.....the old time talk get's old too......
Remember that time that we bla bla bla bla bla bla...blablabla blabla...blabalbal hahahahahahah balblabla blab blab blaber blaberyblaboooblaba blab. bla?

Yeah.
What you doing tomarrow?

I don't know.

:(

OR else its....
where you work at?
Hows the weather?
Nice here, sunny....little rain....uhhh....some moisture....errr...uhh....so...where you work at again?
uhh...errr....

What you doing tomarrow.

I don't know.

:(

I'm doing things right now....most the people I know of from back then are settled,.....I'm kind of riding in the wind still, and I like the wind.
I'm also doing different things....most of them are still into the same things...nothing new, no change...one I did see the other day in person...still was wearing the same baseball cap from highschool. That's something superficial and silly, but it was 8 years ago. ****, it's like I entered the twighlight zone or something, where time froze still and this dude just crawled out of an iceburg or something...thought it was strange....I was having a weird day though and I seem to have some fear of steping into one of them iceburgs......

mercry retro....mercury retro...........

I just had a friend hop a plane before mercury went retro....hmmm...made me think of it now, they havn't mailed me yet....I've lost track of time again...it's all these conversions, sometimes I forget when I am..haha..
Hopefully they write soon.

Mike H.

My two month old Coffee maker stopped brewing and the heating element stopped working this morning...but the light and clock are on like it's working? :confused:

AutumnMoonfire

:38:
sageofaquarius said:
.edargorter yrucreM a gnirud sdrawkcab kaeps ot nrael ot reisae eb yam tI

I do well enough but my natal mercury is retro.

I wonder though, the hospital I work for is rolling out new fancy shmancy IV pumps this week...good time not to be at work if you ask me!

AquariusT

The influence is always the week before and the week after. This previous week I have had things that I ordered, arrive and it was the wrong item. 3 things. Someone refunded me for an ebay purchase since he didn't have the item I bought, lots of wrong numbers. I had to do many things twice, and I lost something. lol

athan

Nothing out of the ordinary happened except the fact that an old friend (?) tracked me by accident through Facebook while searching for another person for whom I used to work.... Go figure!
My natal Mercury is retro so I guess it should work for me. It usually does!
Hopefully someone from my romantic recent past will feel the need to call me and beg on their knees... Hehehehe. Hopefully....

Reyka

Went to the employment office this morning and ther entire data system was down...
Grrr, I'll have to go back, but maybe I should let a day pass. =/

Later in the morning I went to see a friend and she said she was in a shop yesterday and the shop assistant had to look something up on the computer, but it was not working.

Neptune Rising

Ah ha! Confusion reigns!

The computer system they installed at work, all sorts of problems we have all encountered, as well as things disappearing in the 'system'.

And they have chosen tomorrow to launch a new product at work. Oh that should be interesting to see what happens there.

NR

J.Lily

The charge nurse and the rest of the regular staff on the unit were going to leave before rechecking if all the meds were charted in the computer. Usually this is done at the end of the shift. I was tired and ready to leave, but yes I knew I better be careful to recheck extra- being that merc is retro. So I was about to leave and turned back then saw the charge nurse with her coat on. I asked her if she printed out a sheet on any missed meds- sure enough she forgot to. The other nurses were really thankful I brought it up. Its good to know about Merc retro, alot of people don't. When it comes to my personal communication, my cell phone tends to have problems or I lose it (OH yeah I did lose it under the car seat Sunday) now my son (as I typed the above) grabbed it and ripped out a few more letters of the keypad-I had superglued it back together earlier. at least I know not to buy a new one during this time.

J.Lily

tsquare

My brother asked to use my computer to look up an order today he made for a new Ipod. HE wanted to track it, even though it was only a day late....I always don't worry about a day late, so I thought it was silly, but hat happened next was interesting.

His Last Ipod had broke about a week ago, for no apparent reason, it just didn't power on, even after fully charged, there was nothing........he had thought of buying a new one after this broke anyhow so decided to order another one. He did.

SO today when he came over he tried to use the computer, he came downstairs where I was at to ask me why there was no internet.....I was sleeping so I was pissed. haha
I told him it just must be down for the day, I thought of the merc rx but I never said anything, it wouldn't matter to him anyhow.
He called the phone department on his cell when I was sleeping, I thought that was strange, I suppose he was jus currious becuase ALL the phones in the house were down. I have dial up, so it matters.

Anyway, I heard a strange voice upstairs and got dressed and went upstairs, there was this guy just leaving from the phone complany, he couldn't figure it out, the guy from the hone company so he said he was going to leave and come back later to chenck a few things out.
I asked my brother what was up and he wasn't sure, but he said he called them just to see if the phones were down everywhere and they just stoped by.
"Fine.", I thought.

I checked the phone myself, and it suprisingly worked, went to get online, everything worked there was well.
Strange.
I asked my brother if he had his old Ipod with him, he said yes.
I asked him to try to turn it on, he then gave me a stupid look.
I told him to do it anyway.
It worked.
I laughed.
He's dumbfounded, as well as frustrated.
Weird stuff lately.

I'm hoping my bloodwork from the hospital comes back ok, and now I'll have to call them to see if they called when the phones were down, I'll also gove them another phone number just in case.

The friend I mentioned, on the plane, arrived and then had to work right after they got off the plane....in bed now, sick, it's nice to hear the trip went well anyway.

When my brothers Ipod broke I had just purchased a new Desktop monitor, widescreen monitor too run with my laptop. I installed it the very day that my brothers Ipod quit working.
Everything works fine, even better then expected, so that is intersting to note as well. There was little to no trouble in installing it even though it was the first I have ever installed, and I had to play arround with the drivers to get it to function right, I also had to learn quite a bit about resolution, conections, just the basics on how to set it up correctly, but everything went better then expected, I usually allow for all hell to break loose durring this period.

On a bad note.
I recieved durring this period a note from the library on overdue books and a notice that If I did not return them they would send it off to collections.
I brought those books back FAST.
I didn't even know I had them still, thought I had already returned them but they were still on my shelf.
I looked for another letter just today to see if they sent a previous notice on teh need to return. I couldn't find anything.

It seems one must prepare at least 2 to 3 weeks before mercury goes Rx, this is somethng I will keep in mind for the future, just look over odds and ends and see if comuncition lines are strait, take an evening to see if all paperwork looks OK. The notice came BEFORE mercury did go Rx, about 2 days, but still, I'll take it into concideration as being a part of mercury Rx.
Receiveing notices on past things undue.

There is some strange social networking things going on as well I have noticed, personally, I sent out invitations ot a few people on Myspace months ago.....I forgot i even sent them out. They responded today, and yesturday, and accepted the invitations. Thought that was odd, 3 on the same day, then 1 after. I really don't use myspace much....it's too slow with my internet speed, too slow to load, so I check it once a month, or whenever I think of it....but I really don't use it.

Well ahve to see if the Ipod arrives and well have to see if the collection agency gets some retarded notice that I forgot to take 3 books back to the library. I f I wanted to steal library books I'd just steal them. WHy would I give them my name? This **** better not get sent off, I don't need to get turned down for a loan becuase i didn't take some god **** library books back. Stupid. I don't recall getting a notice earlier on, and they are ery good with sending something, wheither by email, or snail mail.
I looked in my email, nothing. The reminder is nice, I don't always notch it down on the calander becuase I expect the email and then I call and renew, or take them back. Library is 55 miles away. It's not like I walk two blocks to drop them off durring regular business hours.
I'll have to call them now.....****...just to make sure.
Wouldn't it be funny to not get that needed laon becuse you didn't take back a few books that nobody in their right mind would read anyway?
Books that havn't been checked out since 1983. 1976 and 1989?

TS

sageofaquarius

Wow, tsquare, that's a mind-boggling number of communication events to go haywire in just a few days. Is Merc badly aspected in your chart? He's traditionally associated with thieves and sure knows how to steal peace of mind.

Just a thought, but why do we not encounter problems on this scale when other planets go retro? Perhaps we do, but it's usually interpreted as a time for going over or revising decisions we made recently. The outer planets sometimes spend months retrograde - be thankful for small mercies, I say!