Bullying

devilmaycare

bullies (some of these are also bullied bullies)
aries taurus scorpio placements heavy scorpio might both be a bully and bullied esp scorpio moon
2nd/8th house dom again 8th may be bullied too
aries/scorpio mercury
mercury aff by pluto mars or lilith
mars/pluto in 3rd house
nessus conjunct asc
pluto conjunct asc dsc ic

Zeuses

Charts that indicate a manipulative personality and perhaps jealousy, ignorance etc Bullies often twist everything the victim says and does to make them 1) look bad to others and to isolate them and 2) attempt to take their confidence away. I think it is really difficult to say a specific sun sign.

Last edited:

david starling

Charts that indicate a manipulative personality and perhaps jealousy, ignorance etc Bullies often twist everything the victim says and does to make them 1) look bad to others and to isolate them and 2) attempt to take their confidence away. I think it is really difficult to say a specific sun sign.

Sun-signs alone can tell us a lot, but definitely not enough to determine whether someone will turn out to be a bully.

Ukpoohbear

I would be interested to hear what manipulative aspects are, as well as jealousy aspects.

I would also think they would have a tough inner life, be really insecure and have an emotional aspects, like with Moon, afflicted because all bullying is basically projection.

They would be competitive too because they don’t want to be a loser.

Zeuses

Charts that indicate a manipulative personality and perhaps jealousy, ignorance etc Bullies often twist everything the victim says and does to make them 1) look bad to others and to isolate them and 2) attempt to take their confidence away. I think it is really difficult to say a specific sun sign. I thought I had added something from Skywriter that suggests looking at Pluto in the houses for bullying and also aspects with mars, Pluto or Saturn.

Zeuses

I would be interested to hear what manipulative aspects are, as well as jealousy aspects.

I would also think they would have a tough inner life, be really insecure and have an emotional aspects, like with Moon, afflicted because all bullying is basically projection.

They would be competitive too because they don’t want to be a loser.

Skywriter suggests sun mars conjunctions where competitiveness can go too far. I still think there would need to be more than one thing in the chart. I agree that perhaps the moon or something like that which may show self esteem issues in the bully. I can't see how someone who bullies feels good in themselves. Similarly with jealousy and manipulation.

david starling

Skywriter suggests sun mars conjunctions where competitiveness can go too far. I still think there would need to be more than one thing in the chart. I agree that perhaps the moon or something like that which may show self esteem issues in the bully. I can't see how someone who bullies feels good in themselves. Similarly with jealousy and manipulation.

Parental behavior is a major factor. Bullies reward their kids for becoming bullies.

Zeuses

Parental behavior is a major factor. Bullies reward their kids for becoming bullies.

I am sure that definitely occurs but I don't think that's always the case. There's probably attachment issues, self esteem, jealousy, control and also those who are incapable of empathy or want to get ahead at all costs.

david starling

I am sure that definitely occurs but I don't think that's always the case. There's probably attachment issues, self esteem, jealousy, control and also those who are incapable of empathy or want to get ahead at all costs.

I think a lot of Chart configurations are resistant to bullying, even if there is external pressure to accept it and dish it out.

Bullies usually have a "pecking order", meaning they acknowledge the right of some to bully them, and a belief that they have the right to choose to bully others.

Last edited:

Zeuses

I think a lot of Chart configurations are resistant to bullying, even if there is external pressure to accept it and dish it out.

Bullies usually have a "pecking order", meaning they acknowledge the right of some to bully them, and a belief that they have the right to choose to bully others.

Again, I am sure that the above happens and that perceptions can also differ by individuals However, for the bullied it isnt a pleasant experience and we should be cautious in astrology to allocate anything that looks like placing blame on a victim. I also suspect that people may not be constantly bullied throughout life so that would indicate the influence of transits at certain periods I guess, eg Pluto Saturn or mars.

JUPITERASC

Charts that indicate a manipulative personality and perhaps jealousy, ignorance etc Bullies often twist everything the victim says and does to make them 1) look bad to others and to isolate them and 2) attempt to take their confidence away.

I think it is really difficult to say a specific sun sign.
Singling out specific sun sign as "bullying"
is itself a form of astrological bullying :smile:

DEFINITION

Bullying is the use of force, coercion, or threat
to abuse, aggressively dominate or intimidate.
The behavior is often repeated and habitual.
One essential prerequisite is the perception
by the bully

or

by others
of an imbalance of physical or social power.
This imbalance distinguishes bullying from conflict.

Bullying is a subcategory of aggressive behavior
characterized by the following three minimum criteria:
(1) hostile intent
(2) imbalance of power
and (3) repetition over a period of time.

Bullying is the activity of repeated, aggressive behavior
intended to hurt another individual
physically
mentally
or emotionally

Zeuses

Singling out specific sun sign as "bullying"
is itself a form of astrological bullying :smile:

DEFINITION

Bullying is the use of force, coercion, or threat
to abuse, aggressively dominate or intimidate.
The behavior is often repeated and habitual.
One essential prerequisite is the perception
by the bully

or

by others
of an imbalance of physical or social power.
This imbalance distinguishes bullying from conflict.

Bullying is a subcategory of aggressive behavior
characterized by the following three minimum criteria:
(1) hostile intent
(2) imbalance of power
and (3) repetition over a period of time.

Bullying is the activity of repeated, aggressive behavior
intended to hurt another individual
physically
mentally
or emotionally

I agree and I think it is difficult to completely determine what all the different possible elements there may be in the chart of a bully, but I would be surprised if Pluto/mars/Saturn wasn't involved as at least one aspect.

JUPITERASC

I agree and I think it is difficult to completely determine
what all the different possible elements
there may be in the chart of a bully, but I would be surprised if

Pluto/mars/Saturn wasn't involved as at least one aspect.
some significations of MARS :smile:

Mars is burning and drying, malefic, masculine and nocturnal.

...... Mars controls force
wrath
verbal abuse
hatred
torture
supremacists

Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

JUPITERASC

Hi yes I can imagine mars

Either as aspects in the chart of the bully
or as transits for the poor person being bullied.

Mars is burning and drying, malefic, masculine and nocturnal

...... Mars controls force :smile:
wrath
verbal abuse
hatred
torture
supremacists

Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

Zeuses

arguably :smile:

murder is an extreme form of physical violence
not unusually preceded by bullying

nevertheless
bulllying may involve physical action

Indeed bullying can end up with violence and death, however, in the awful case quoted that all occurred within a couple of hours. Dreadful situation for that poor little boy and his parents.