Malefic trine?

heidy26

Here is the thing with my situation. I can see that when I "hurt" myself, I'm doing so in a more Saturnine way than Martial. My Saturn is located in the cadent 3rd house and in a mute sign. Combine all of those and you get a decent enough picture as to how I am when I'm in a self-destructive spiral.

That's not my main gripe though, it's actually the issue of the out-of-sect malefic being done to me because just like you, this is not what I observe in my specific experience. Mars on ascendant might mean I suffer bodily injury from the others (to me instead of because of me). Well, I played a lot of sports when I was smaller and I would get many bangs and bruises regularly and all because of my own particular way of playing. I even had a nasty head injury when I was 2 because I climbed up on some furniture and it turned over on me.

Both malefics seem to work in the "because of me" fashion instead of the "because of/to me" fashion. That's why I'm wondering about the OOS Malefics mostly.

You can look at it this way: who did those injures to the physical body ? If you weren't harming yourself [and I suppose you weren't picking on the other players], I presume they were caused by others. I am assuming that most of your injures are to the head. So were mine. :)

If you could elaborate how your Saturnine spiral goes when you feel like hurting yourself ? Maybe I can relate though, just made some connections..

conspiracy theorist

You can look at it this way: who did those injures to the physical body ? If you weren't harming yourself [and I suppose you weren't picking on the other players], I presume they were caused by others. I am assuming that most of your injures are to the head. So were mine. :)

In fact, it was because of my rough style of playing how I got most of my nicks and bruises. I played football and I would do things like slide tackle (both on grass and concrete), try to go for "impossible" plays and have a general disregard for my bodily safety. There were times when I was injured by other players like once I got a sprain when I parried a powerful shot by this 6th grader (I was in the 3rd grade at the time). Other than that, I have a couple of scars from being impaled by glass and one from a nail jutting out of a small wooden surface (I was lifting it with this other boy and slipped out of my hand; the nail impaled above my knee). Injuries to my ankles and knees when I did track, the standard fare when I was doing martial arts (I dished out as much as I got) etc. Overall, I see the scales tipping toward my own actions causing me harm than others.

Most of my scars are on my legs (I do have a Sagittarius Mars though)

If you could elaborate how your Saturnine spiral goes when you feel like hurting yourself ? Maybe I can relate though, just made some connections..

Freeze the world out; stop communicating, start to have very BLACK thoughts, isolate myself, alienate people, total apathy for any and every thing etc.

heidy26

In fact, it was because of my rough style of playing how I got most of my nicks and bruises. I played football and I would do things like slide tackle (both on grass and concrete), try to go for "impossible" plays and have a general disregard for my bodily safety. There were times when I was injured by other players like once I got a sprain when I parried a powerful shot by this 6th grader (I was in the 3rd grade at the time). Other than that, I have a couple of scars from being impaled by glass and one from a nail jutting out of a small wooden surface (I was lifting it with this other boy and slipped out of my hand; the nail impaled above my knee). Injuries to my ankles and knees when I did track, the standard fare when I was doing martial arts (I dished out as much as I got) etc. Overall, I see the scales tipping toward my own actions causing me harm than others.

Most of my scars are on my legs (I do have a Sagittarius Mars though)

So legs and head [you did mention that earlier] ?
I don't have a martian AS either, but it makes sense to injure your head [1st house] a lot. And with Saggitarius ascendant...reckless style and sloppy causing martial wounds to feet and head..congrats. We have a winner.

Freeze the world out; stop communicating, start to have very BLACK thoughts, isolate myself, alienate people, total apathy for any and every thing etc.

That sounds like anguish of the mind. Self-induced.

It did cross my mind that an older person was much of a burden to me in the last couple of years. Very Saturnine, malevolent with pure intention of making me miserable.
Let me get back to you on that.

Culpeper

Premium Member
Whole sign houses are used in this delineation. I found this thread in the archives and will bump it up. The Moon is really unafflicted here. It is in the fourth house in a night chart and in mutual reception with the Sun. Trines are by definition benefic. Because it is a night chart Mars may do some good anyway. If no accidents occur the native should be healthy and live a long life.

The main malefic aspects are the T square of Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. The planets are in their dignities but cadent. Benefic Jupiter moderates this configuration, and Mars is not that bad anyway. Planets in their dignities behave better.

pharvey0829

It's a night chart, so mars isn't as malefic since it is in sect. It is also in it's own sign, so I would say that mars is more helpful in your chart than harmful. Saturn is more malefic than mars in a night chart, so if you are experiencing troubles, you might want to look at aspects to saturn and look at how saturn is placed in your chart.

petosiris

Banned
According to Valens and some Hellenistic sources, trines can indeed be malefic.

''Venus trine with Saturn makes men severe, humorless, supercilious, rough in love and promiscuous, yet lying with base-born or elderly women, or with prostitutes. These men lie with the wives of their brothers or patrons, with those of their fathers, or with their stepmothers. Their wives sneak off and lie with their husbands’ slaves or friends. It is, of course, necessary to note that predictions can change greatly in accord with the changes of sign and degree: the same configuration, even if the stars occur together, can indicate sordid men, those sleeping in their lusts and sometimes promiscuous; but often it can also indicate those who are unaffected by love, who only take enjoyment by themselves.'' - Book I Valens Anthology, trans. Riley

Really? Do you know how many people have that? (jk, this is probably exaggerated to prove a point). Also his Moon trine Mars and Sun trine Mars delineations are much more positive.

It is a bit off-topic, but here is a thought on trines and squares in general:
Everyone supposes that trigons are the cause of all good things, but they are in error. For squares and diameters, like the four angles, indicate the most powerful activity, whether good or bad. And stars often do not make a notable trigon, especially when a bad or inoperative star is involved.

And it is easily observable in nature that opposite things are the cause of good and procreation, but only when they are alike each other. However, when two things are too similar or the same, they are indeed harmonious and good, but they never produce anything new on their own. This is the secondary reason we prefer the images between the harmonious and unconfigured - square and diameter images, provided they do not involve a bad star. The primary reason is angularity....

Valens also says that Venus in Taurus and Mars in Scorpio will produce success and high rank, and he does not use sextile and trine in releasing from Spirit and Fortune. And he also thinks malefics are stronger than benefics.

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
Huh. I never thought to look at the trine from Venus to Saturn. Considering the aspect is out-of-sign I always ignored it, but since Saturn is OSM, if that trine did do anything than it'd count as the Malefic trine I've been looking for.

I can't thank posts on mobile so thanks to the other posters.

Cap

Hello. I was looking at my chart and became focused on this trine from 12th house domicile Mars to 5th house Moon in Leo and got to thinking "Isn't this a rather...malefic trine?" I mean, Mars is in 12, self-undoing, bad spirit, unfortunate happenings etc in aspect to the Moon which is (among other things) the physical body has to be rather....bad, methinks.

So my question is more or less: Are trines from malefic's bad? I'm guessing its a "Sometimes but not always" kind of answer.

I'll post my own chart below for an example.

Really good chart for spiritual endeavors. If you don't get lost in all sorts of dogma, scriptures, rules, it could mature into full blown potential.

As for self-harming, just stay away from intoxication and drugs and you'll be fine (edit: not saying to you do it, just to stay away because there is a potential for it in the chart connected with self-harm). We live on Earth :andy:, almost everyone is born into difficult circumstances.

Last edited:

Senecar

I think I read recently about it, and it said something like, if Sun or Moon is in good aspect with malefic, then its effect is still malefic. Good aspects with malefic don't make malefics into benefics.

It might be C.E.O. Carter who said that, but I need to confirm that whether true or false from a few example charts.