Remedies

JUPITERASC

Can someone tell me about vedic remedies? I have been reading up on remedies etc and I can't help but wonder if I am being cursed right now in my life.. If I attach my chart can someone tell me what remedies I need? Usually I follow western astro but I am inspired by a man Kapiel Raaj on Youtube.
dr. farr has a thread on this interesting subject at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=226214#post226214 :smile:
AYURVEDIC ASTRO-TRIDOSHA ALLOCATIONS

The following are the dosha affinities of signs and planets according to Ayurvedic medicine. Although connected with the sidereal (constellational) zodiac used in Vedic astrology, these could be equally applied to our tropical signs for practical purposes.

ZODIACAL

Aries = Pitta
Taurus = Kapha
Gemini = Vata
Cancer = Kapha
Leo = Pitta
Virgo = Vata
Libra = Vata
Scorpio = Pitta
Sagittarius = Pitta
Capricorn = Vata
Aquarius = Vata
Pisces = Kapha

PLANETS (traditional)

Sun = Pitta
Moon (in general without regard to phase) = Kapha
Mercury = Vata
Venus = Kapha
Mars = Pitta
Jupiter = Kapha
Saturn = Vata

PLANETS (modern additions)

Uranus = Vata
Neptune = Kapha
Pluto = Pitta

MOON PHASES (+ the Lunar Nodes)

Waxing (day of the New Moon until day before the Full Moon) = Vata+Kapha
Full (day of Full Moon) = Pitta+Kapha
Waning (day following Full Moon until day before New Moon) = Kapha

North Node ("Rahu"; "Dragon's Head") = Vata
South Node ("Ketu"; "Dragon's Tail") = Pitta

JUPITERASC

dr. farr explains if you read the thread... More details :smile:
Yes, tridosha analysis is not the same as the traditional Vedic allocation of certain stones to rashi or planets, although one approach does NOT (necessarily) cancel out the other; the tridosha analysis is broader and includes many more stones than the rashi/planet allocations, but they can be used in conjunction with each other-as long as one knows what one is doing!

Also, relative to sign (rashi) and planet, we want to use the stones which support the positive/strong/benefic sign/rashi or planet, NOT detrimented or debilitated or malefic ones! This is very important (just like, in tridosha, we do not want to use a stone that supports a dosha-element-which is already in "excess" or otherwise over-represented in the analysis)
If one is using jyotish analysis, the best way to determine which rashi or planet is stronger/benefically oriented is by the ashtakavarga "bindhu" totals; there is a somewhat similar method from ancient Greco/Roman astrology in the West, which is totally forgotten "lost" method; but the more complex ashtakavarga analysis of in fairly popular in jyotish today, and information on its methodology is easily available...
Actually the Vedic method of determining planetary strength is very similar to Tradionalist Western dignity/debility concepts and practices, so yes one could use our traditional Western dignity/debility evaluation to made the determination of "strongest planet" for selecting supporting stones/crystals...

The ashtakavarga evaluation is a very complex Vedic method, but is probably even superior to the dignity/debility evaluations of jyotish or traditional Western astrology.
I myself have by no means mastered ashtakavarga evaluation, but there is a somewhat related method (now long forgotten except in certain esoteric traditions) once used by the ancient Greco/Romans that uses dark/shadowy/void/bright zodiacal degree affinities of planet's placements and their rays (to each of the signs) for making a benefic/malefic estimation somewhat along the lines of Vedic ashtakavarga evaluation.

A quick tridosha look at your natal would lead me to suggest the V+P+K group of stones/crystals for consideration; planet-wise, the jyotsih gem for the Moon would seem also quite indicated (pearls; moonstone)

Ryan Kurczak

Can someone tell me about vedic remedies? I have been reading up on remedies etc and I can't help but wonder if I am being cursed right now in my life.. If I attach my chart can someone tell me what remedies I need? Usually I follow western astro but I am inspired by a man Kapiel Raaj on Youtube.

Curses are usually the result of Rahu or one of the nodes, influencing the ascendant, the atmakaraka, or the ascendant lord.

Here are some thoughts on astrological remedies, using the Tropical Zodiac and Vedic Techniques.

http://youtu.be/YGMHjTM4EZs

Best remedies for curses and such are yagyas, and rudraksha, assuming your Sun and/or Jupiter are in good dignity.

dr. farr

The art of applying astro-remedies (stones, herbs, homeopathics, rudrakshas, Western traditionalist remedies, mantras, talismans, yantras, puja, etc) is an advanced subject whih requires a good deal of study, being built upon a firm foundation of solid basic astrological knowledge. Unfortunately very few astro-remedy adepts are available outside of certain areas of Asia and the Indian sub-continent. There are several good books in English on this subject, but you first MUST have a firm understanding of astrological basics and the principles of analogical (symbolical) thinking...