Is the Dreamscape the 'Afterlife'?

Draco

Hi all,

I have just consulted a horary in order to try an get some nsights on an interesting question.

For many years it has been my belief, that where ever it is that we go to when we are dreaming, is where we go to when we die, the difference being, we don't wake in in bed the next day, we stay there. Perhaps when we do wake from the 'dream' it is to a new life.

Sometimes we have dreams and sometimes we have nightmares, a dream or a nightmare from which there is no awakening, would explain the difference between heaven and hell.

Just as the quality and nature of our dreams are determined by the quality and nature of activities in the waking life, then so is our afterlife so determined from the way in which we have lived it.

This just all makes sense to me, but I wanted to see what a horary would say.

I asked:

'Is the place that we go to when we dream, the same realm to which we go when we die?'

Here is the chart:

The thing which interests me here, is that the Ascendant ruler and the 12th house ruler of 'dreams' are one and the same, and both are signified by Mars, which is in the 8th house of death.

This simple observation would seem to give the answer, 'yes'. That the where we are while in the dreamscape, is the afterlife, where we go to upon death.

What are your views on this chart?

Draco :wink:

5th

You're dreamy, Draco!

Dream or nightmare changes a lot in my life, Boy's and Man's, last year's and last night's dream can be completely different! Then we say the afterlife destination differs from period to period?

What catch me eye is the Taurus Sun, both in Grand Cross and Kite, in H6. It seems that nothing more practical than that, ahaa? H12 ruler Pluto in a T-Square pointing to H10 Virgo (Your Sun sign), Pisces Venus for logical analysis, and I think it's time for you to know answer.

hairsine

Draco said:
Hi all,

I have just consulted a horary in order to try an get some nsights on an interesting question.

For many years it has been my belief, that where ever it is that we go to when we are dreaming, is where we go to when we die, the difference being, we don't wake in in bed the next day, we stay there. Perhaps when we do wake from the 'dream' it is to a new life.

Sometimes we have dreams and sometimes we have nightmares, a dream or a nightmare from which there is no awakening, would explain the difference between heaven and hell.

Just as the quality and nature of our dreams are determined by the quality and nature of activities in the waking life, then so is our afterlife so determined from the way in which we have lived it.

This just all makes sense to me, but I wanted to see what a horary would say.

I asked:

'Is the place that we go to when we dream, the same realm to which we go when we die?'

Here is the chart:

The thing which interests me here, is that the Ascendant ruler and the 12th house ruler of 'dreams' are one and the same, and both are signified by Mars, which is in the 8th house of death.

This simple observation would seem to give the answer, 'yes'. That the where we are while in the dreamscape, is the afterlife, where we go to upon death.

What are your views on this chart?

Draco :wink:

The Quran explains that when we sleep the angels take our souls away. Some may wake in which our souls are returned and some do not that means some die in their sleep. This is one of the reasons that we pray to God and meditate the scripture before we sleep. I will have to do a search to give you the verses from the Quran. At any rate Nadu did the chart on my Question " if it was true that the Quran was delivered to Prophet Mohammad by Angel Gabriel under God's command". He did confirm my question that it was indeed so. Nadu's answer is posted on this site.

Howl

If you're interested, there's an animated film called "Waking Life" which is all about the possibility that dreams are where you venture off to in death. Excellent film - some heavy watching but I really enjoyed it. :)

PYXIS

I hope you went out smiling
like a child
into the cool remnent of a dream....
I have always felt that perhaps we die into our dreams- after all... there really is no death....only a change of worlds...dreams?
Have we died into our dream of now?

unukalhai

IMHO, the dreamstate is the closest experience we get to the "afterlife" during our time on Earth. It is a landscape of symbols and archetypes, much as the spiritual existance is.

I use quotes for afterlife because I do not consider spiritual existance after bodily death to be the afterlife, but rather that death returns us to our natual holistic state, and we may choose or be chosen to return to Earth. I think the term "afterlife" is a result of the limited viewpoint of Earthly existance being primary, whereas spiritual existance is secondary. IMHO, the opposite is true!

The body sleeps... The spirit does not... Or atleast thats how it would seem to me :)

Andonis

Interesting question draco. The problem with this question is HOW do you decode the YES or NO answer.
The realm of dreams and the realm of death is not the same as we all know and astrology confirms this by having different houses, for the dreams the 12th and death 8th house. So asking if they are the same is hardly clever.
When both the querent and quesited are represented by the same planet then the significator of the querent may be represented by the MOON. In this case You are represented by MOON and the quesited by MARS, both of which are visiting the 8th house and in conjunction. Which may be interpreted as when you sleep, your moon visits the house of death and it is the nearest you get to death. However the MOON (you) and Pluto are in opposition which confirms that you are NOT dead! The chart simply says to you ....DONT BE SILLY you are hardly dead when you dream.....wait for the real thing!!:)

Last edited:

Andonis

Maybe a more interesting question is 'Will the dead rise, as we rise after sleep?? I will answer this chart later :)

starlink

The querent is represented by Mars because Mars is ruler of first house. Moon is co-representative of querent. 8th house of death (quisited) is ruled by Mercury. There should be an applying aspect between Mercury (the faster one) to Mars, before Mercury leaves the sign it is in, in order to get a positive answer. There is no applying aspect nor will one be made. Mars is happy in the 8th but not so in Cancer. Moon is happy in Cancer but not at all in the 8th which is a negative indication as well (in my opinion). Moon, co-representative of querent will make an aspect with Mercury but it hits Mars first. The aspect with Mercury would be a square, indicating obstacles to overcome. I feel it is not the same way as dreaming and comparing a nightmare with hell (and I dont believe in hell) is a bit ....... I dont know, far fetched? Sorry Draco. But I do find the question is a very good one and most intriguing.