Liking to learn new things

Cary2

Banned
You don't see Libra as an intellectually curious sign?

You mean, of course, Libra Moon alone without regard to the rest of the chart or to the aspects to Libra Moon? No, I do not. I said under those circumstances (simplified circumstances) Moon in Libra means a need to relate, a need to appeal, a need to be diplomatic, and need to balance. I think you were hasty and premature to explain it all as the Moon sign. It is very highly likely that it is not a matter of Moon sign.

I would draw up millions of charts with Moon in Libra who do not represent a "deep need to learn". One-twelfth of all people who ever lived have Moon in Libra. That should satisfy common sense that Moon-in-sign is an inadequate rationale.

brainpuddle

Not at all, puddle.

My Sun is in Leo at 9, ascendant is Pisces at 12. Moon is at Scorpio 25.

What's your configuration, if I may ask?
Hm. There's definitely a lot of curiosity in Scorpio. That's my best guess. Though I wouldn't venture more detail, at the moment.

Taurus Sun. I'd give you my Moon and Rising, but I've currently got a friend on this forum who's trying to guess them, so I gotta play that close to the chest for now. lol If he guesses it soon, I'll come back to this thread and add them.

brainpuddle

You mean, of course, Libra Moon alone without regard to the rest of the chart or to the aspects to Libra Moon? No, I do not. I said under those circumstances (simplified circumstances) Moon in Libra means a need to relate, a need to appeal, a need to be diplomatic, and need to balance. I think you were hasty and premature to explain it all as the Moon sign. It is very highly likely that it is not a matter of Moon sign.
Libra in general, thematically. As I see it, the signs are sets of themes and processes that play out within an aspect of the psyche, based on placement. So when you combine the Moon, which indicates one's deep needs, with that sign, it manifests through a multitude of Libran themes. Overall I'd say all air signs are intellectually driven, so I'd think it quite likely that an air Moon would find a deep personal satisfaction, conscious or subconscious, in the act of learning. And equally so, a conscious or subconscious dissatisfaction in mental stagnation.

I would draw up millions of charts with Moon in Libra who do not represent a "deep need to learn". One-twelfth of all people who ever lived have Moon in Libra. That should satisfy common sense that Moon-in-sign is an inadequate rationale.
You think less than 8% of the population enjoys learning?

brainpuddle

I don't "dismiss out of hand anyone who disagrees with [me]". I have presented my principles. The idea of "whatever" is a hippy-dippy concept that appeals to many, but it is not a legitimate astrological principle. I speak up when I see a mistake, and I can specify my objection. Everything here is recorded. Show me that I "dismiss out of hand anyone who disagrees with [me]". Pop astrologers lean on the homily : "its all good". But it is not all good. Third rate astrology is trouble.

Dismissing "out of hand" means you accuse me of not having a cogent argument to make which is not true on the surface of the complaint. It is a false narrative promoted as a punishment for disagreeing, and it is a false accusation. Good astrology is worth promoting.

Pop astrologers defend their third rate efforts even to the point of condemning professional astrologers who have an actual astrological education.
Again, you're strawmanning. I never claimed astrology could just be "whatever". All I did was have a different interpretation than you, and suggest that it would behoove us to listen to one another.

The reason I say you dismiss out of hand is because you seem to say essentially the same thing every time this is broached. And it seems to have little to do with what your opponent in the discussion says. You haven't even asked me about my practice of astrology, you don't know what it is and have made that clear by arguing against things I haven't said, while not addressing the things I have. You just found out it wasn't your version of astrology and have since gone on a multitude of monologues about how pop astrology is lazy and stupid and ruining it for the "real" astrologers. Okay. I get it. You think I'm lazy and stupid. I can live with that, but I'd like to hear a real argument for your version, instead of just lambasting those who don't follow it. You say things like "I can easily demonstrate" and then don't demonstrate. I'm genuinely curious about how you practice, I even asked things like "[what do the connections mean to you without the base concepts]", and you didn't answer. It just keeps being a re-run of "mine good, yours bad".
I appreciate your honesty, I like critical people very much. But we're just going in circles without substance. I'd like it if we could discuss our findings in earnest.

Cary2

Banned
Libra in general, thematically. As I see it, the signs are sets of themes and processes that play out within an aspect of the psyche, based on placement. So when you combine the Moon, which indicates one's deep needs, with that sign, it manifests through a multitude of Libran themes. Overall I'd say all air signs are intellectually driven, so I'd think it quite likely that an air Moon would find a deep personal satisfaction, conscious or subconscious, in the act of learning. And equally so, a conscious or subconscious dissatisfaction in mental stagnation.

You think less than 8% of the population enjoys learning?

Yes, I think that most people have little regard for learning and little regard for growth. I think they want football, crack and nonsense much more than they want learning, real learning. I think most people find thinking, real thinking, painful and annoying so they dodge it.

Many people make a great effort to simplify astrology so they can avoid the study, research and thought that a real astrological education demands. I see it over, and over, and over again.