Pluto Conjunct North Node

Do you have this, moog? I do, it is in Libra in my 2nd house, 2 degree orb.
This is powerful, will create important crisis and transformation. I think native will end up almost the opposite to what they were as a young adult in later life.

Moog

Do you have this, moog? I do, it is in Libra in my 2nd house, 2 degree orb.
This is powerful, will create important crisis and transformation. I think native will end up almost the opposite to what they were as a young adult in later life.

I just noticed that Morinus calculates my Pluto as being parallel with the NN. :unsure:

I went through a very powerful crisis actually a few years back. Or, perhaps my early life has actually been one long drawn out crisis :lol: A lot of stuff progressed over my natal Pluto during the course of my life.

I just noticed that Morinus calculates my Pluto as being parallel with the NN. :unsure:

I went through a very powerful crisis actually a few years back. Or, perhaps my early life has actually been one long drawn out crisis :lol: A lot of stuff progressed over my natal Pluto during the course of my life.

Very interesting. The thing here, I think, is NEVER be afraid of your crisis, no matter how scary they are. Be bold, be humble, be open to CHANGE, and they will take you exactly where you need to go. Just my experience. But, yeahm defo a crazy life story that would leave most people bowled over in shock. :sideways:

I have learned to love pluto. I recently found that I have pluto parallel moon. Makes a lot of sense. Hopefully others will chime in, I am very interested in this topic, thanks for starting thread! :kissing:

MaeMae

Banned
i have this aspect too, in 2nd. Virgo. it's hard for me to say too much because of an opposition to my chiron/sn conjunction Pisces in 8th.
Jan Spiller talks about it in terms of coming to grips with personal power. it's a huge reserve of energy that can fuel our efforts. i think i'm supposed to learn to master money and property and direct myself to aquire as well as to clearly know what i value. but i'm not too big on the stuff thing. I do however, constantly seek to discover aspects of myself which help me better understand myself, to "know who i am," so to speak. That's more 2/8 axis, I suppose.
like the oceanliner's coal supply ~ pluto keeps the energy steady and reserved for a long sail. Doesn't strike me that pluto north node folks would spend a lot of daily mental time, like mercury might if in a conjunction, on how to reach their purpose or destiny. Likely with Pluto, it's a bit under wraps ~ bubbling up little paths for us to follow that direct us to our point.

i have this aspect too, in 2nd. Virgo. it's hard for me to say too much because of an opposition to my chiron/sn conjunction Pisces in 8th.
Jan Spiller talks about it in terms of coming to grips with personal power. it's a huge reserve of energy that can fuel our efforts. i think i'm supposed to learn to master money and property and direct myself to aquire as well as to clearly know what i value. but i'm not too big on the stuff thing. I do however, constantly seek to discover aspects of myself which help me better understand myself, to "know who i am," so to speak. That's more 2/8 axis, I suppose.
like the oceanliner's coal supply ~ pluto keeps the energy steady and reserved for a long sail. Doesn't strike me that pluto north node folks would spend a lot of daily mental time, like mercury might if in a conjunction, on how to reach their purpose or destiny. Likely with Pluto, it's a bit under wraps ~ bubbling up little paths for us to follow that direct us to our point.

Yeah, or just not even bubbling up, but actual crisis that forces you to grow and change...

Moog

My Pluto is in the 12th house by whole signs.

During the last 5 or so years I got heavily into spirituality, particularly Buddhism and Christian mysticism. I began to see my existential crisis as what John of the Cross called 'the dark night of the soul'

I don't know if it was exactly like that, but I definitely came to see it as a spiritual transformation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Night_of_the_Soul

Before that I was in therapy... long period of anhedonia, a long period spent suicidal. Medication didn't feel right to me. I think some part of me knew that. Feels like it happened to a different person, now.

If I was astrologically aware at the time, I would have documented things with dates and notes, that would have been cool.

I definitely suffered a lot, but now I'm changed and ready to help other people navigate their crises. Or at least, that's the plan...

MaeMae

Banned
Yeah, or just not even bubbling up, but actual crisis that forces you to grow and change...
sure ~ big or little ~ anything that brings out a hidden part of us. We ain't skeered. But it can feel like landmines at times, huh?

this just got me thinking about winston churchill. "if it feels like you,re walking through hell, just keep walking."
i alwYs think of that statement as jupiter/saturn, but it is fitting in this context. because we know the landmines are there. we may have not, but pluto has, done an inventory on our fears and weaknesses. he needs to know what he's up against when it comes to our needed changes. so he's in cahoots with node and also staving off the know-it-all south node, so he brings out the raze and rebuild strategy.
anyway, i think they work in harmony. probly you have to have some strong plutonic leanings to look at it like that.

Last edited:
sure ~ big or little ~ anything that brings out a hidden part of us. We ain't skeered. But it can feel like landmines at times, huh?

this just got me thinking about winston churchill. "if it feels like you,re walking through hell, just keep walking."
i alwYs think of that statement as jupiter/saturn, but it is fitting in this context. because we know the landmines are there. we may have not, but pluto has, done an inventory on our fears and weaknesses. he needs to know what he's up against when it comes to our needed changes. so he's in cahoots with node and also staving off the know-it-all south node, so he brings out the raze and rebuild strategy.
anyway, i think they work in harmony. probly you have to have some strong plutonic leanings to look at it like that.

I love that quote. That quote could sum up my attitude to life quite nicely.

Ben

Banned
A lot of stuff progressed over my natal Pluto during the course of my life.
But not the North Node, Moog - as it progresses backwards through the zodiac signs - [However, the transitting NN was conjunct your natal Pluto in February 1996.]

What might "Pluto conjunct North Node" symbolise?
WHAT FOLLOWS IS MY PERSONAL VIEW ONLY

Conjunctions are either the beginning or the ending of an evolutionary cycle - So, the symbolism differs for separating and applying conjunctions - and the period of each cycle will vary because Pluto does not move through the zodiac signs at a constant speed.

The symbolic meaning of each cycle relates to the sign in which the exact commencing conjunction takes place - and can sometimes be clarified by the Sabian Symbol of that zodiac degree.

Relating this to your chart, Moog - (I think) the last Pluto/NN conjunction before you were born was at Libra 16, for which the Sabian Symbol is a boat landing washed away - and Marc Edmund Jones states "here is not so much a thwarting of human effort as a stimulation to new accomplishment, and a freedom from whatever has exceeded it's usefulness." - So, this describes the evolutionary purpose of all those born during that Pluto/NN cycle.

And your symbolic role as an individual within that cycle is probably described by the Sabian Symbols for your natal Pluto (Libra 19) and natal NN (Virgo 9) - [But I'd guess it's about "challenging established views that may have exceeded their usefulness".

Last edited:

Moog

But not the North Node, Moog - as it progresses backwards through the zodiac signs - [However, the transitting NN was conjunct your natal Pluto in February 1996.]

For real.

WHAT FOLLOWS IS MY PERSONAL VIEW ONLY

Conjunctions are either the beginning or the ending of an evolutionary cycle - So, the symbolism differs for separating and applying conjunctions - and the period of each cycle will vary because Pluto does not move through the zodiac signs at a constant speed.

The symbolic meaning of each cycle relates to the sign in which the exact commencing conjunction takes place - and can sometimes be clarified by the Sabian Symbol of that zodiac degree.

Relating this to your chart, Moog - (I think) the last Pluto/NN conjunction before you were born was at Libra 16, for which the Sabian Symbol is a boat landing washed away - and Marc Edmund Jones states "here is not so much a thwarting of human effort as a stimulation to new accomplishment, and a freedom from whatever has exceeded it's usefulness." - So, this describes the evolutionary purpose of all those born during that Pluto/NN cycle.

And your symbolic role as an individual within that cycle is probably described by the Sabian Symbols for your natal Pluto (Libra 19) and natal NN (Virgo 9) - [But I'd guess it's about "challenging established views that may have exceeded their usefulness".
Fascinating, that does describe part of my function very well :biggrin: Cheers Ben

Actually, I looked up the Sabian Symbol for my NN position and it's 'A Harem'

I dunno what to make of that. :lol:

Last edited:

Moog

That's very apropos. And the advice I recieved about dealing with 'Dark Nights'... Pluto does rule the underworld after all?

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
i find it more helpful to consider the nodal as a whole ~ a giant teeter totter. Our south nodes are like "Awwww, I can do that with one arm tied behind me," while north node is walking into new challenges. Pluto is crafty and cruel if there's something in his way, and he's not above manipulation. It's easy to tip over to south node and carry on a cat and mouse game with pluto. of course it just comes back to north node ~ "do i want to be doing this? is this in my best interest?" pluto must be there to show us that leaning too far into south node will just result in devastion again and again.

MaeMae

Banned
that seems to me, one who reconstructs your cultural and literal identity. Are you good with big picture but not details? Or, conversely, preoccupied with details.
Sun conj. South Node might have a built in character inflator. Saturn opposing after a pass to natal pluto/nn might have school'd ya a nit? Any stories about going the old aries balls to the wall way and a smack down grom Saturn saying listen to Pluto?
Pluto is the kick*a*s*s king. Like Saturn, he is slow and steady - burning coals, though, vs. cool distance. Their weird dichotomy.
Saturn because he knows it's right. Pluto because he wants to uncover. The two in cahoots is a serious undertaking. Gird your loinclothes and all that.
Cursed or blessed with Pluto interchanges, those who are already geared are those who are chosen. we may not win the battle, but we'll win the war.
North Node points yonward. the bubbling messages too steady to ignore. the soth node dance of "i've got this."
as L2K's moniker states, "don't be cocksure."
The great thing about Pluto, different from Saturn, is that Pluto likes to see us sqiurm. Saturn is into damage control ~getting the derailed train back on track. Pluto doesn't mind derailing. Pluto is the Tim Burton of Disney.
Connecting weird dots. Blowing politeness into the water.
Pluto NN folks catch the big wave on this orientation. No matter what sign/house, we'll ride it 'til we die. Things have to be epic to change. subtleties in bare naked light are glaring. Transformation is one's escapism in Neptune's mind. All is a delicate chemistry. What is the periodic table thingy for pluton? is there one? Anyway, that's where we're supposed to head, or that way.
"that which does not kill you makes you stronger."

My Pluto is in the 12th house by whole signs.

During the last 5 or so years I got heavily into spirituality, particularly Buddhism and Christian mysticism. I began to see my existential crisis as what John of the Cross called 'the dark night of the soul'

I don't know if it was exactly like that, but I definitely came to see it as a spiritual transformation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Night_of_the_Soul

Before that I was in therapy... long period of anhedonia, a long period spent suicidal. Medication didn't feel right to me. I think some part of me knew that. Feels like it happened to a different person, now.

If I was astrologically aware at the time, I would have documented things with dates and notes, that would have been cool.

I definitely suffered a lot, but now I'm changed and ready to help other people navigate their crises. Or at least, that's the plan...

Pluto conj North Node natally

“Because the nodes are reflective of lunar qualities associated with the domestic environment, paired with Pluto, they often translate into literal transformations or reorganization taking place within the home or family unit. Circumstances are often somewhat tumultuous in the home, and/or renovations are taking place. also brings termination and times the closure of significant issues, especially if there have been conflicts of interest. Immovable force meets with immovable force, and a collision of interests often results in a victory for one and defeat for another. Pluto is often involved with the nodes when divorce occurs”
http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/moon_nodes.htm

http://www.bemyastrologer.com/the_pluto_club.html
http://www.astrology-life.webs.com/#NorthNodeConjunctions

“With Pluto conjunct the North Node it behooves us to be thinking seriously about our legacy, or what we will be leaving behind when we are gone. Legacy is something that falls under Pluto’s domain, and the North Node of the Moon symbolically speaks to us about “the karma” that we have specifically chosen to undertake in this lifetime.”
http://cosmiclifecoach.com/2010/11/09/patricias-astrology-november-9-2010-pluto-conjunct-the-north-node/

blacksun?

I have Pluto parallel Chiron and the Nodes. I'm midway my thirties now, and I think what twelthnight says is right:

"I think native will end up almost the opposite to what they were as a young adult in later life."

*emma*

Banned
pluto is a planet that tends to work whether the person is aware of it or not, plutonians often work just like the mythical figure of hades, inthe community but with a mask that makes them invisible, in other words these people are actually a force but dont realise it