Ascendant Sign Descriptions

Cypocryphy

ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu now describe leo rising plzzz

Leo rising has a rectangular or squarish head.

Ah ha! You have a blockhead. Are you German by chance? :wink:

Honor, integrity, courage, directness and honesty are the values of the balanced Leo rising person. The energy is that of one that wants to be recognized or dealt with. They can have a crude and loud approach (unless the humility of water or earth factors intervene) or a royal bearing, but they won't be ignored. The voice can be very appealing if soft or commanding if louder. Many are capable of great volumes that resonate from the chest, thus there are many actors and singers with this Ascendant sign.

Sounds as if you can be an awesome singer!

The eyes are often large or bulging, but can be especially attractive and magnetic.

Do your eyes bulge? ha ha. . . . . doubt it . . . .

The eyes are more often widely-spaced than with any other sign. There can be a barrel chest with men and large bust with many of the women, but whatever the details, there is a strong, commanding presence or a statuesque look about them, whether slender or bulky.

Sounds like you got a good deal on that one!

The frame is often large and the body sturdy, even blocky, but some are taller and more athletic. Some are swaybacked as if pushing out the chest with pride. With many there is an emphasis on upper body while the legs are skinny and knees knobby. They know they can be somebody, but some may stretch too hard in their ambition. They are natural leaders that radiate vitality and magnanimity.

I don't know about any of that, but I like your paintings! :biggrin:

Love2Know

Thanks I did those on an i pad.. Well the description is semi true I have huge legs though. The personality part rings a bell but I am also described as appear calm and laid back then bam I can burst out fast and be very present I guess. I do not like to be pushed around! Ummm eyes spaced apart wide hmm Yeah I guess I do not sing well... thnx

Attachments

• roeyes.jpg
    roeyes.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 40

Elyre

I wonder if judging one's physical appearance is a way of validating whether one's time of birth is accurate. I apparently have almost none of the Scorpio rising traits and nearly all of the Libra rising traits, as stated in the beginning of this post. I came to this conclusion years ago as other descriptions in various media seem to support this belief.

I don't think this would be reliable...
Anyway, I would also say you look quite mercurian to me, maybe it is because of your sun in gemini; if I have to vote for libra or sco rising, I give my vote to Libra :biggrin: but... what about virgo? :whistling:

Moog

I think it could be reliable, if we knew what we were looking for.

I've been collecting images and data and organizing them according to their sidereal rising signs for a while now.

I believe that the rising sign does impart a kind of physical character. I also believe that the particular placement of the ascendant ruler also gives rise to a particular look.

My notion is that you have a kind of major type (sign rising), and then a sub type (rising sign ruler condition), and both modified by aspects, probably... something I need a lot more data to check out properly.

I'm sure someone could do this stuff with a lot more efficiency.

Here's a section from sidereal Pisces rising;

tumblr_m8ssnzdvFt1qkg9ze.jpg

Moog

Here's an example of some facial similarity I've noticed.

These three well known men all have sidereal Capricorn rising, with Saturn in the 7th House, Cancer. That's if the birth data is accurate.

tumblr_m8svenRzBG1re07yfo1_1280.jpg

Three swallows don't make a summer as they kinda say. But to me, intriguing.

Last edited:

Love2Know

I want to touch Orlando bloom sensually, but I would feel dirty after. He seems like a sexual douche.
Also, I would like to let the record show that I still believe you are a scorp rising oppose to Libra. Also, I am right. I am always right. Jk but not really.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Banned
I wonder if judging one's physical appearance is a way of validating whether one's time of birth is accurate. I apparently have almost none of the Scorpio rising traits and nearly all of the Libra rising traits, as stated in the beginning of this post. I came to this conclusion years ago as other descriptions in various media seem to support this belief.

There might be a delay in the recording of people's birth time at the hospital. If this is so, then it's possible that many will never know their actual time of birth.

Check the signs immediately preceding or following your current ascendant. These might be an "ah ha" moment for many.
Your face doesn't have this rawness that I attribute to Scorps, unless there's things in the chart to offset it. That being said you still use a Scorpio Asc time for your natal.:unsure:

I have a website that will match up faces with celeb faces based on its facial similarity recognition system. Libra types, Sun or Moon, always get matched up with me even though that sign is irrelevant in my chart. I don't think Venus is particularly strong in my chart either, nor does it make any aspect to my Asc or Sun. Libras act nothing like me, and it's one of the last signs I would want to be.

I could see myself belonging to the neighboring Asc based off my birth time. There's no definite evidence based on physical appearance in my case though.

I was *definitely* born at the time recorded - my father made a point of looking at his watch and double checking it with the hospital clock. 11 degrees sag rising - and yet anyone with any interest in astrology pegs me for a scorp rising. My personality is much more compatible with sag rising, I laugh tons, I'm just not particularly smiley (but my mother's german, so I can't help that).

Even Kannon told me I was definitely scorp rising, and while I respect his work I know for me personally that just isn't the case.
Why don't Germans smile?:unsure:

Southpaw

Banned
I want to touch Orlando bloom sensually, but I would feel dirty after. He seems like a sexual douche.
Also, I would like to let the record show that I still believe you are a scorp rising oppose to Libra. Also, I am right. I am always right. Jk but not really.
You're the one who wants to touch him even though you barely know him.:whistling::unsure:

Zuri

I've been collecting images and data and organizing them according to their sidereal rising signs for a while now.

I believe that the rising sign does impart a kind of physical character. I also believe that the particular placement of the ascendant ruler also gives rise to a particular look.

My notion is that you have a kind of major type (sign rising), and then a sub type (rising sign ruler condition), and both modified by aspects, probably... something I need a lot more data to check out properly.

Couldn't this similarity be equally attributed to them all being of European ancestry (possibly all of them being of Western European ancestry?), thus their facial structure would have a number of similarities? How does this sidereal Pisces Rising play out when you include people from African or Asian backgrounds who have that rising sign? Does it still hold up? It can't be considered a universal Pisces Rising trait unless it holds up across the racial board.

Last edited:

Moog

Couldn't this similarity be equally attributed to them all being of European ancestry (possibly all of them being of Western European ancestry?), thus their facial structure would have a number of similarities? How does this sidereal Pisces Rising play out when you include people from African or Asian backgrounds who have that rising sign? Does it still hold up? It can't be considered a universal Pisces Rising trait unless it hold up across the racial board.

Yeah, I think so. There's a lot of white people here, not because I've deliberately excluded them, but because this selection happened to be all white people.

I'll make an attempt to source more different ethnicities from the ADB.

Elyre

I don't know, the problem is that there are too many possibilities...
Have you seen this site? http://www.astrofaces.com/astrofaces/index.html
I found the link somewhere in this forum but I dont remember where. It may even be in this topic. It's interesting, exactly about astrology & appearance.

Southpaw

Banned

http://regulus-astrology.com/pdf/WP..._the_Leo_Rising_Decan_20110718uly_18_2011.pdf

there's a study done on ascendants. it suggests there is correlation between how someone looks and what sign/s their ascendant ruler/s is/are placed in

Zuri

Interesting. Carter, Ma, and Kashkari definitely fit the Pisces Rising appearance profile. I'd argue that Armstrong & Sutton don't, but that could be weight issues throwing things off. A longish-looking face might've been more apparent in their youth, before the weight gain. However, Armstrong does have the bulging eyes that Kannon mentioned at the beginning of this thread as a Pisces Rising trademark. For the most part, the Pisces Rising theory is holding up across race. :cool:

Last edited:

Moog

I don't know, the problem is that there are too many possibilities...

There are a lot of possibilites. That's the thing about astrology. It's very complex.

I believe it's possible to unravel the complexities, given enough time and study.

Have you seen this site? http://www.astrofaces.com/astrofaces/index.html
I found the link somewhere in this forum but I dont remember where. It may even be in this topic. It's interesting, exactly about astrology & appearance.

Thank you. Yes, I have seen that in the past, I applaud the makers of that site.

However, I need to do things differently. :biggrin:

Moog

I'd argue that Armstrong & Sutton don't, but that could be weight issues throwing things off. A longish-looking face might've been more apparent in their youth, before the weight gain. However, Armstrong does have the bulging eyes that Kannon mentioned at the beginning of this thread as a Pisces Rising trademark. For the most part, the Pisces Rising theory is holding up across race. :cool:

Yes, it's very difficult. Among the problems I've found are:

1. People can look very different at different times of their lives, particularly if they gain or lose a lot of weight.

2. It's hard to find uniformly shot images. I've done my best to try to find images taken from a 'frontal' position with the head basically straight and upright. The more photographed a person, the more choice of shots.

3. Not only can the angle of the photography cause problems, but the lighting can throw everything out too.

4. Celebs particularly have the wherewithal to surgically alter themselves, and often do, which can throw things for a loop. Noses particularly; very popular cosmetic procedure. Also things like hair colouring, or even excessive eyebrow shaping.

Cypocryphy

Thanks I did those on an i pad.. Well the description is semi true I have huge legs though. The personality part rings a bell but I am also described as appear calm and laid back then bam I can burst out fast and be very present I guess. I do not like to be pushed around! Ummm eyes spaced apart wide hmm Yeah I guess I do not sing well... thnx

I don't know if they are wide or not. They look pretty normal to me. You have beautiful eyes. I love the teardrop shape. They would be great to draw/paint. What program are you using on the iPad? It looks like "Inspire Pro."