North Node/South Node Conjunctions in Synastry

hermetic

I've been trying to find some explanations of this, as in what way is it significant but not much luck. Simply typing NN, SN, conjunction gives tons of non-specific astrological links.

From what I know about Nodes I feel it is a karmic tie between two people but for the good or not so good?
I talked with one guy recently who knows astrology pretty well, and asked him about this. He frowned at the mention of it, like it was something really bad, but did not explain much because we talked briefly.

This is what I have with my boyfriend and as much as I love him I feel I have stopped 'growing' since I'm with him. We have other challenging aspects but this I contribute to my Cap SN conj his NN, and my Cancer NN is conjunct his SN. He is all about work and duties. I am all about human contact and emotional side. We digress and I can't make it work that way for myself. I feel my non-material aspirations are not valued, and it is a problem.

Any info, links or personal experiences on the subject are very welcome, please discuss! :smile:

Lion o ness

Technically your suppose to pull away from your SN, and grow into your NN.
Since each of you have NN conjunct the others SN.. You both "may" feel that this is something you have to pull away from, and move on..
Each of us swing back and fourth from our NN and SN...

I also have NN in Cap.. But Im really comfortable being home, its kinda of hard for me to get out in the world.. But at the same time Im work work work.. I have to learn to pull away from my emotions and be more "cap"

On the other hand SN contacts are very comfortable, its very hard to pull away.. Some people never do, some great realtionships have SN contacts..

I feel this is karmic, you each have something to learn and teach the other, helping the other move into their NN... Kind of of like you need to "trade places"..

All I can say is it will play out the way its meant too..

Veronica

I also read particularly in the Robert Blaschke's book Relationship Analysis that he mentions south node conjuctions as the node person having to fullfill some Karmic debt to the planet person... the same goes with Saturn conjuctions to Luminaries...

Munch

I have the same SN/NN conjunction with a friend whom I shared an amorphous and ambigous relationship with for a good two years. I tend to look at it as he has much to teach me about where he is (SN), and he certainly has. On the other hand, I've opened his eyes to some of my SN issues that he's been trying to sort out.

StillOne

I'm curious about this situation.

It appears as if you can look at this a couple of ways. Either you feel like you're "stuck" or "going backwards" since you are teaching the other person about the direction they need to go. Since you've been there you have much experience to share. However, you also have to then recognize that the other person holds the key to knowing how to teach you your path forward since they have also previously been there.

So, I'd say it's a matter of perspective. This seems a very strong connection if you can embrace the particular mindset that you need to have ie, you're assisting the other person while they simultaneously are assisting you. Since the other person has the experience already, it seems this could be a win/win if you just approach it right... I think it would take conscious effort.

hermetic

I'm curious about this situation.

It appears as if you can look at this a couple of ways. Either you feel like you're "stuck" or "going backwards" since you are teaching the other person about the direction they need to go. Since you've been there you have much experience to share. However, you also have to then recognize that the other person holds the key to knowing how to teach you your path forward since they have also previously been there.

So, I'd say it's a matter of perspective. This seems a very strong connection if you can embrace the particular mindset that you need to have ie, you're assisting the other person while they simultaneously are assisting you. Since the other person has the experience already, it seems this could be a win/win if you just approach it right... I think it would take conscious effort.

Thank you! It indeed makes sense when this is a train of though, except I tend to go with my gut feelings a lot and they tell me this is also very challenging situation, and I have found no satisfactory resolution still. Funny, I started this thread 2 years ago, and I still stand by the every word I wrote then, nothing's changed as to how I feel about it, yet many things have happened that have brought us even closer on material plane, and as a relationship it feels so comforting on one hand, but on the other it still has a great spiritual component lacking, like we are complete opposites in that department. No matter the length of this connection and the emotions invested I am still unsure whether I want this to be the one.

In the mean time I've found examples of couples who had this exact same placement and have been living it successfully over much longer period of years. So this may be my own experience that is influenced by other factors as well, not just this SN/NN double combo. It can definitely be worked thru, just probably not in my case.

StillOne

I think that possibly there could be other factors in your synastry or composite chart that may also have an impact aside from the nodes.

Claire19

I've been trying to find some explanations of this, as in what way is it significant but not much luck. Simply typing NN, SN, conjunction gives tons of non-specific astrological links.

From what I know about Nodes I feel it is a karmic tie between two people but for the good or not so good?
I talked with one guy recently who knows astrology pretty well, and asked him about this. He frowned at the mention of it, like it was something really bad, but did not explain much because we talked briefly.

This is what I have with my boyfriend and as much as I love him I feel I have stopped 'growing' since I'm with him. We have other challenging aspects but this I contribute to my Cap SN conj his NN, and my Cancer NN is conjunct his SN. He is all about work and duties. I am all about human contact and emotional side. We digress and I can't make it work that way for myself. I feel my non-material aspirations are not valued, and it is a problem.

Any info, links or personal experiences on the subject are very welcome, please discuss! :smile:
I also would like to know the significance of nodal connections but I think they have to be with personal planets. the orb would be no more than 3 degrees also. They are karmic I feel but the house they fall in would tell where it is to be played out. I have a Mars conjunct South Node with a guy and it is exact. We do have conflicts.
There is somewhere a list of every degree of the north node/south node and the sign they are in, and what they really mean which I read many years ago but I cant find it now.

The north node has to be really taken notice of as it is the path and focus this time around. So the conjunctions to SN would be oppositions to NN. I think that gives more of an idea. Bearing in mind it is only one influence amongst many others in synastry. The composite chart really gives the relationship dynamics at play.

Last edited:

Ryan Kurczak

Yes, it is true, that the planets connected to the nodes make the biggest difference. Also, the sign, but more specifically the house they are in are VERY important.

When the nodes are conjunct in charts it has been said that they are indications of past life intense karmas that are being worked out. Sometimes that can be for the good, and sometimes it can be very intense for the bad, it really depends on the rest of the chart and where those planets are overlaying in each of the charts.

The nodes are wonderfully studied in Vedic Astrology and a great amount of information can be gleaned from them.

Neptune Rising

I am trying to understand this connection too. I have this with a man that I met during my Saturn return (7th house Saturn in Cancer). My north node in Sag, his north node in Gemini. He is a writer. We have a very strong connection, though we are not together. We've been together three times, and split three times. We both admit that we made a huge impact on each others lives, working through our various nodal issues. Every now and then, we check in with each other, which is nice.