stelliums in a composite chart? good or bad?

keenlao

The person I am seeing and I have a stellium of Sun Mercury Venus & Pluto in the 4th house (Libra). We also have Saturn, Uranus and Neptune in the 6th house (Sagittarius). What are your thoughts on the house groupings in a composite? Too much of one thing?

Our synastry also has groupings of house overlays, a lot of his planets in my 5th house and a lot of mine in his third. Both of which are very prominent houses in each of our natals (he is third house heavy and I'm fifth house heavy).

How does this all play out? Anyone else had these types of experiences? If so, how did it play out?

thelivingsky

Stelliums are good especially if they involve the Sun or Moon. But not good if one of the luminaries in H6 or H12.

Take a look at these first three charts - all couples with 25-30+ years married and devoted to each other (Paul and Linda MccCartney, Johnny Cash and June Carter, and Will and Jada Smith.)

There are many more of these in my files. A fourth chart of a disastrous, very volatile marriage is that of Richard Burton and Liz Taylor. In the last two examples the birth times may not be exact so the Moon positions may be off up to 6 degrees.

For some reason the forum will not let me post the charts. I'll try again later. But you could look these up yourself. There are other features that suggest longevity for a romantic relationship.

thelivingsky

astro_621gw_johnny_cash_adb_june_carter_cash.75079.149659.jpg

astro_621gw_jada_pinkett_smith_will_smith_adb.75168.156789.jpg

astro_621gw_linda_eastman_mccartney_adb_paul_mccartney_adb.75040.145902.jpg

astro_621gw_elizabeth_taylor_adb_richard__1925__burton_adb.75131.153530.jpg

AJ Astrology

The person I am seeing and I have a stellium of Sun Mercury Venus & Pluto in the 4th house (Libra). We also have Saturn, Uranus and Neptune in the 6th house (Sagittarius). What are your thoughts on the house groupings in a composite? Too much of one thing?

Our synastry also has groupings of house overlays, a lot of his planets in my 5th house and a lot of mine in his third. Both of which are very prominent houses in each of our natals (he is third house heavy and I'm fifth house heavy).

How does this all play out? Anyone else had these types of experiences? If so, how did it play out?

Hi keenlao,

You realize composite charts are useless, right?

They did a study using 20,892 charts and the composite and Davison method failed.

You want to use a dual chart or lay the charts side-by-side, whichever is easier for you, and you want to see your partner's Sun in your H1, H5 or H7. In the alternative, your partner's Moon in your H1, H5 or H7 and in sextile or trine to your Sun or Moon. Your partner's Sun in your H9 in applying trine to your Ascendant and your Moon, Mercury or Venus in applying sextile/trine to your partner's Sun, or your partner's Sun in your H9 in applying sextile/trine to your Jupiter is good too. Those are best case scenarios.

keenlao

Hi keenlao,

They did a study using 20,892 charts and the composite and Davison method failed.

You want to use a dual chart or lay the charts side-by-side, whichever is easier for you, and you want to see your partner's Sun in your H1, H5 or H7. In the alternative, your partner's Moon in your H1, H5 or H7 and in sextile or trine to your Sun or Moon. Your partner's Sun in your H9 in applying trine to your Ascendant and your Moon, Mercury or Venus in applying sextile/trine to your partner's Sun, or your partner's Sun in your H9 in applying sextile/trine to your Jupiter is good too. Those are best case scenarios.

AJ, that’s an interesting statistic. Thank you for sharing. His sun lands in my fifth house and our moons are in trine, however the only planets that I have in his 1,5 or 7 houses are Jupiter, Neptune and Mars in 5th house and MC in 7th. Does this indicate a one-sided relationship?

McKnight

Hi keenlao,

Who is they? You should link to the study, because I doubt that's true.

thelivingsky

Hi keenlao,

Hi keenlao,

Please post a link or some other info about these "studies" of composite charts. How could anyone have the accurate natal info for over 10,000 couples in the first place? There have been many studies of astrological techniques that claim failure including basic natal astrology. The question is how does one define failure? And What are the chart metrics being used to measure that?

I totally disagree that composite charts are useless and have data to back up my claim.

I posted 3 composite charts of couples who have stayed together more than 25 years and I have dozens more. I also have there are definite patterns that emerge of chart features that correlate with longevity. Longevity is really the only metric that can be quantified. That's not to say that certain composite features cannot describe qualitative aspects of a relationship. Just that those things are much more open to interpretation and harder to measure.

Difficult composites contribute to failed relationships just as is the case for difficult synastry. And curiously most of the time if there is a significant very difficult signature in the synastry, it is echoed in the composite with the same planets in difficult aspects.

ellie04

Stellium in composite is considered significantly good as it shows synergy between the couple. Another way to assess a r/s is through patterns, i.e. trine/kite/cradle etc. T-square is challenging.

However, if you have a stellium afflicted by 2 or more outer planets, the r/s can be very torturing because it feels so good yet so challenging at the same time.

Your stellium is very nice. It shows a very intense r/s and the other outer planets are in sextile, not harsh. Pluto r/s, even the squares/oppositions, are very intense, jealous and possessive, even if you're by nature not this way. Perhaps those natally plutonic will feel like fish in the water, but those who are not will feel very uncomfortable. The same can be said for Saturn-heavy, Uranus-heavy, Neptune-heavy composite charts. Your natal tells how well you are with the energy.

I don't really pay attention to the houses unless it's 6th or 12th. The 3 couples I know with 12H planets have very difficult relationships, albeit long-term. They're perpetually unhappy but continued to drag the r/s on and on till there's nothing left. Based on my observation, an emphasised 4th doesn't mean you will live together. An emphasised 7th doesn't mean you will marry. An emphasised 8th can feel too intense and heavy for some. Pay more attention to aspects and angles. Out of the several charts I checked, only my parents have an emphasised 4th. The rest of the long-term couples I know have their composite planets in various different houses so house placements really don't mean much unless, like I said, it's the 12th or 6th, especially the 12th.

----------------

For synastry, check your relationship houses 5/7/8 and their rulers, not just planet overlays although this is also important. E.g. if you have Moon in his 7th and also aspecting his 5/7/8th rulers, that's best as you have BOTH overlay in a r/s house and activation of a r/s house ruler. Or if Moon in 7th is also conjunct his DSC that's directly hitting his partnership house. Also, if Moon rules one of your r/s houses, it's extra meaningful as he not only touches your Moon, he also activates one of your r/s houses, inciting love/romance/partnership or sexual attraction for you depending which house he's activating. Also pay attention to aspects to your angles (planets-angles, angles-angles, points-angles). These create great attraction as well. Jewel has a video explaining angles-angles contact - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB2r0Z3LehA

Another thing is matching each other's natal, e.g. mirroring (both have Sun in 12H or one has Sun in 12H, another has Sun conj Neptune) and complementary aspects (one has Venus conj Saturn, another has Mars trine Saturn or one has Sun square Pluto, another has Moon conj Pluto).

Last edited:

astrolover12

Hi there! 😀 I am wondering if someone can help me to read this composite chart or if you have something to say about it:

He is Virgo sun and moon, Capricorn ascendant (Neptune and Uranus in 1H) and Leo venus and mars (7H)

She is Aquarius sun, Capricorn moon and Leo ascendant (no planets in 1H, mars in Pisces in 7H)

THEIR composite chart is SCORPIO ascendant and they have a scorpio stellium in 12H

Sun, chiron, moon, venus and mercury in Scorpio in 12H.
Pluto Sagittarius in 1H, Neptune Capricorn in 3H, Uranus in Aquarius 4H, Jupiter Pisces 5H, Saturn Aries and Mars Taurus 7H, True Node Virgo 11H, rest of the houses empty.

If you have to be brutally honest, please do it. Their relationship was very intense, they loved each other with passion but he was aggressive at the end of the relationship, he has so many problems in his life and doesn't know how to deal with it. But the feeling is so strong, magnetic. I'm not so sure that they're good to each other. They were friends first and then become a couple and it didn't work well... too much jealous and insecurities, but now 5months later they want to tried it again... is there hope? I'm worried about the stellium in 12h 🤔😞 however I'm afraid I can be objective on this, so if you want to give your opinion I'll appreciate!!