Is photography part of my vocation?

Neptune Rising

Hi all

I was wondering, in my chart, is there an indication of photography being part of my vocation, or just remaining as a hobby?

When I was in my teens, I got accepted into art college because of my pictures and art, even as I didn't get the right school qualifications for the college. I love photography and art, and just getting into the digital age of photograph manipulation.

In my chart, Neptune is prominent, sextile to the Venus/Mercury conjunction. Venus rules my MC and is in Aquarius. Perhaps this helps with the digital/computer side of things. The sextile also helps my imagination and inspiration, perhaps this might have something to do with my career as Venus is ruling the MC?

I read recently that the Sun also has a part to do with our vocation in life. Is this so? Sun in Capricorn in the 2nd house. Maybe even this is where the question stems from, I'm thinking of making a business (Capricorn) and money (2nd house) out of my hobbies. :tongue: The Sun doesn't link into the Venus/Mercury, or the MC at all though, however it does aspect the Uranus. With alot of Uranus/Aquarius involvement, it looks like that would be a part of my vocation. I just feel quite frustrated just now as I realise I'm a bit stuck in a path that isn't really for me - an office job.

Pluto is trine to the Venus/Mercury, maybe I'll be an undercover detective with a telephoto zoom lens... :tongue: Not sure how to tie the Pluto in there. Maybe I need to emigrate abroad in order to find my actual vocation.

I also hae studied to teach yoga, and have been asked to teach at the offices that I work at, though never really pushed this. Probably because of a lack of confidence.

Meanwhile, carrying on with the day job... :tongue:

Any thoughts would be appreciated
Thanks for looking :)
NR

me.gif

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Thanks Sven!

Yes Mars in Sag, Sag rising, and maybe Sun square Uranus to mild, I really can't sit still for too long. Office jobs tend to drive me nuts unless they are involving alot of movement.

Well I have been deciding whether to get a nice DSLR, the 10mp or 12mp one, 12mp being £100 more. I just like the crispy clean images that they give as opposed to a digital compact. I do carry my little compact around with me most places also, it has a fairly good zoom (8x).

Thanks for the encouragement, its one thing about myself that I think I can sell with confidence! :happy:

NR

Neptune Rising

Thanks again Sven :happy:

I know what you are saying. Maybe I do this with my wildlife photographies, I manage to get so close to them without scaring them. Perhaps I can do this with other types of photog, I will certainly give it a go.

Much appreciated Sven, that's very useful advice and I'll be practicing!

NR

EJ53

Banned
...Any thoughts would be appreciated
Ruler of MC/career=Venus...Ruler of photography=Neptune...House of Photography=12th...Own finances=Venus...House of own income=2nd...Remuneration from others=Pluto (+Mars)...House of remuneration from others=8th

Interestingly then, you have a Minor Talent Triangle consisting of Neptune+NN (in 12th)/Mercury+Venus (in 2nd)/Pluto...with 8th house ruler (Moon) in Pisces/2nd, ruling 2nd house ruler (Saturn)...and a 1st house Mars making a 24th harmonic aspect to Neptune...[24H=[I]struggling to enjoy[/I]]...

So the astrological indicators for a potential career in photography are there in your chart, NR......but success will require struggling and determination.

[Note : Intercepted Leo/Aquarius+Mercury/Venus on 8th/2nd (financial axis)...and duplicated Taurus/Scorpio (money signs), indicating an inappropriate 5th/11th house attitude that is adversely affecting Neptune+NN in 12th.]

EJ

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Hi EJ :happy:

Thanks very much for looking.

Interestingly then, you have a Minor Talent Triangle consisting of Neptune+NN (in 12th)/Mercury+Venus (in 2nd)/Pluto...with 8th house ruler (Moon) in Pisces/2nd, ruling 2nd house ruler (Saturn)...and a 1st house Mars making a 24th harmonic aspect to Neptune...[24H=[I]struggling to enjoy[/I]]...

The talent triangle is trine with two planets in sextile to each other, like a minor grand trine? I was hoping to understand that aspect, I think I finally have! I wonder if the sextile makes the talent involved in the triangle, easier to access as the sextile has to pull on its talents?

Is renumiration from others Moon (8th house, or 2nd from 7th)?

So the astrological indicators for a potential career in photography are there in your chart, NR......but success will require struggling and determination.

[Note : Intercepted Leo/Aquarius+Mercury/Venus on 8th/2nd (financial axis)...and duplicated Taurus/Scorpio (money signs), indicating an inappropriate 5th/11th house attitude that is adversely affecting Neptune+NN in 12th.]

EJ

EJ, I'm really stuck on this with the interceptions and what they mean. Maybe it's my stuckness is what is causing adverse effects.. :S

Is it because the 5th/11th houses are intercepted, or stuck, or somehow blocked, and the rulers of those houses are in the 2nd house. Plus Pluto ruling the other intercepted house is attached to the talent triangle? Could it have to do with creativity, self expression (5th), and social contacts, friendships (11th) and how I express these energies in my life? Maybe, when I somehow change these energies and areas, I will be able to follow more my hopes?

Thanks again EJ, sorry for so many questions, I really hope to wrap my head around this.

NR

EJ53

Banned
Talent triangles

....The talent triangle is trine with two planets in sextile to each other, like a minor grand trine?
Talent Triangle/Grand Trine=3 Trines : Minor Talent Triangle=Trine + 2 sextiles.

...I was hoping to understand that aspect, I think I finally have! I wonder if the sextile makes the talent involved in the triangle, easier to access as the sextile has to pull on its talents?
The Libra Pluto/Aquarius Mercury+Venus trine is a talent for accumulating (2nd) social+personal relationships with like minded people (9th)...

...The two sextliles enable the (Neptune in 12th) photographer to use those shared beliefs (9th) to produce an income (2nd) from illustrating a Sagittarius theme...[and I'm guessing you'll be avoiding the negative themes associated with that sign:biggrin:]

..Is remuneration from others Moon (8th house, or 2nd from 7th)?
8th house/other people's money....which ruler Moon is drawing to you in 2nd.

EJ

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
Intercepted Signs and Duplicated Houses

...I'm stuck on the interceptions and what they mean...Could it have to do with creativity, self expression (5th), and social contacts, friendships (11th) and how I express these energies in my life? Maybe, when I somehow change these energies and areas, I will be able to follow more my hopes?
As you know from our past discussions, NR...I believe that our ability to express the positive characteristics/benefits of Intercepted Signs (and any planets within them) is delayed...until we recognise and change an inappropriate attitude/habitual thought pattern relating to the lower-numbered houses in each pair having the same sign on their cusp, which is invariably having an adverse effect on the higher-numbered "duplicated" houses.

So...to fully express the positive qualities of your intercepted Leo/Aquarius/Mercury/Venus...you must first recognise/change an "erroneous" thought pattern relating to Taurus/5th + Scorpio/11th house activities...which is hindering your success/progress in Taurus/6th + Scorpio/12th house matters.

[Only you can know what this "inappropriate attitude" is...but it's likely to be something that you were raised in childhood to believe "unquestioningly" as being correct............For example, I have duplicated Pisces/Virgo on 6th/12th + 7th/1st, and was raised by my parents to believe we should always put the needs of others before our own (Pisces+12th)...which I very much did habitually/unquestioningly at work (Virgo+6th).]

[For me, that inappropriate attitude resulted in long hours at work which adversely affected my 1st/7th axis of "marriage+relationships with close others"...and delayed my ability to be an effective parent (intercepted Cancer+Moon/Capricorn+Jupiter in 10th/4th houses)...until I learned to put my own needs before those of others, if/when it is right to do so.]
____________________​

Nevertheless, it may help to have my following example of one "cold reading" interpretation that could be applied to your intercepted signs and duplicated houses :-

1. Intercepted Leo/Aquarius (Mercury+Venus) delays the "social confidence" needed to consciously express yourSelf and interpersonal communication skills.

2. Taurus on 5th/Scorpio on 11th may indicate a hedonistic and/or metaphysical outlook on life.

3. Taurus on 6th/Scorpio on 12th might cause that outlook to be seen as a "lack of interest in the job/real world"....which adversely affects your CV/work-related reputation.

4. Such a CV/reputation then restricts your ability to obtain the kind of employment that will bring the social confidence needed at 1 above.

[Note : This suggests (again) that struggle/determination (and perhaps dedication) are essential to success/accessing the benefits of the interceptions.]​

EJ​

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Thank you so much for explaining EJ. These are areas that I was getting stuck on, it's starting to make more sense now. This is something I will be re-reading several times I feel, to get a grasp of these areas. Maybe also as transiting Saturn is going to trine the Mercury/Venus later this year, as well as conjunct the 9th house Pluto, perhaps I'm feeling this now and trying to 'sort it out'. :happy:

2. Taurus on 5th/Scorpio on 11th may indicate a hedonistic and/or metaphysical outlook on life.

This is so true, both hedonistic and metaphysical views. I think the hedonistic was mostly expressed more up until a few years ago. I just looked for having fun in a job. I was lucky to work with some teams where we had fun but little achievement to go on my CV, and not really following my interests. But then, my interests then had less structure than they do today.

Only you can know what this "inappropriate attitude" is...but it's likely to be something that you were raised in childhood to believe "unquestioningly" as being correct

Yes I think I understand this. This relates to my 2nd house issues of worth and self worth, values, inner and outer. I was raised to believe that we had very little, and would never have anything of real worth. I think this resonated all through, from the material things we had, or didn't have, to beliefs, shared warmth and relationships. There was a lack in our lives. It took me years to work through this, actually become aware of it, and I'm still working through it but grasping it much more now.

I strongly feel this is a huge part of the challenge, to resonate with a new energy of worth, rather than lack. I think that would be the 2nd house part, where the planets land.

Leo/Aquarius - the expression of my individuality within society and social groups. True true! My shyness is just awkward and frustrating at times! Stemming from the self worth issues.

Even with my yoga teaching dream, people come to me asking for lessons. My latest place of work said they thought it might be good to set aside a room where I can teach them. It strikes fear through me! :tongue: Maybe because I do still find it hard to see myself having something of value, or being something of value and worth in society. Lol, a tough one to grasp! Though I see where my focus might be wrong. Instead of focusing on myself and my own worth, and how other's will value my talents, I should focus on what I can actually give to society. Its like a swapping of the poles of thought, from inner, to outer.... :unsure:

Perhaps changing the attitude will be helped with a meditation course that I'm going on in just under 4 weeks. It coincids with a new Moon falling in the 9th house, opposite natal Jupiter. :happy:

Thanks again EJ, so much for me to think about. I'm sure this will come up for examination during my meditation course (10 days of silence and doing nothing but meditating :happy:). You've been so helpful, ty!

NR

dhundhun

I have different opinion. So much time would be spent for humanitarian cause and new age philosophy, that it'd be profession. You moved forward too: Yoga and Astrology. In couple of years, you can have great successes in these areas.

Neptune Rising

Thank you Skillcoil

That's very nice encouragement Sun in 2nd house, I guess that shows me my goal in this life is maybe to make my own business, or own income through business initiative.

Your right about the Neptune, I think it helps with capturing the imagination...

Neptune Rising

I have different opinion. So much time would be spent for humanitarian cause and new age philosophy, that it'd be profession. You moved forward too: Yoga and Astrology. In couple of years, you can have great successes in these areas.

Thanks Dhundhun!

That is interesting!

This weekend I was in a quandry about having too many hobbies! Astrology, yoga, and now my idea of photography! Plus the day job.

Yoga and astrology come first in my life. They are both hobbies that I do everyday. Photography I also love, and realise it will take time to make this into a profit making hobby, though it would be nice to sell pictures.

I'm very curious to see where/how you see this happening in a few years time? I am having Mr Saturn approaching my 10th house now and forming all sorts of aspects to personal planets over the next two years. Lots of change going on in my career house and public standing. During the last few years, while Saturn has been transiting my 9th house, I have narrowed my focus alot, finding the only things left that are important to me are my yoga practice, which includes meditation, and astrology. These are the ones I have been working on durning Saturn's 9th house transit.

I once had an idea, and still do, to take photographs and tie them into a blog that I'm creating that consists of yoga and astrology. Funny combination I know. The pictures would have something of a calming feel to them, or be descriptive of the things that I am writing about.

Coincidentally, the father of my friend, who is also an intuitive guy, told me last year that in a few years time, I would do an astrology chart for someone, and that would lead somewhere. He wasn't looking at my chart, or cards, or anything. I looked at his chart for him briefly after just meeting him. :tongue:

NR

barfly

I just skimmed this thread and didnt read this aspect and apologize if it was already said.

Jupiter and Neptune are in mutual reception. In each others signs. And square with the Sun at their midpoint. Your Capricorn Sun wants to administrate these two energies which as said before follows a creative path.

Their may be a little creative philosophy to write too. But you will do well in photography as well.

my 2 1/2 cents

Neptune Rising

Thanks Skilcoil for the encouragement :)

Hi Barfly :)

I did wonder what that mutual reception meant.. never realised about that midpoint before now! Thanks for showing me.

Very interesting midpoint, I see how it can incorporate the things I'm interested in. Yoga teaching, meditaiton (Pisces/Sag, Nep/Jup/12th), writing (3rd), photography (Nep), astrology (squ Ura).

NR