Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 07-15-2019, 11:22 AM

I am starting to doubt my Leo Rising

Since I ever did my birth chart, I recognize myself as a Leo rising according to the birth time in my birth certificate. However, in the last couple of years, I started to notice that through my interaction with people, I am more identified with as a Cancer rising than a Leo rising. I feel as though that I am connected to both. I am bright, fiery and theatrical as in Leo rising, but I love staying at home like Cancer rising in addition to being intuitive and emotional. But the first one (my bright nature) can be explained through Moon conjunct Jupiter in the fifth and the second can be explained by Node conjunct the IC.

Is there a book or a video that can explain how I can do rectification? ON THE BASIS OF THE PICTURE BELOW WHAT DO YOU THINK MY RISING IS?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AZIZ.jpg (61.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png astro_w2gw_aziz.36958.154866.png (41.0 KB, 24 views)

Unread 07-15-2019, 12:45 PM

Re: I am starting to doubt my Leo Rising

Do you remember if you relocated home with 6 years ? Relocation point is zero degree cancer and can be an indicator to check birthtime.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zora For This Useful Post:
theV (07-15-2019)
Unread 07-15-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zora View Post
Do you remember if you relocated home with 6 years ? Relocation point is zero degree cancer and can be an indicator to check birthtime.
We changed location at three periods of my life.

When I was: 6 years old 2001
When I was: 13 2008
When I was: 212016
Unread 07-15-2019, 01:05 PM

Your rising is not mainly your physical appearance but your instinctive personal manner and nature you are born with- to begin new things, how to push your wishes through and go for your goals. First action done is your own birth.

Sun as ruler of your rising is in 2nd house with venus/sun correspondence and additionally in conjunct with venus a female principle – such as cancer/moon is also.

Your physically appearance and radiance is shown in your 3rd house. Where mercury as ruler of 3rd house is in libra. What doubles a female touched appearance. With mercury sextile moon in sagittarius you have the bright light appearance and positive looking radiance.

With chiron in your 3rd house in trine with uranus and neptune you are very flexible to change your appearance and outlooking quickly and can look and act different within a minute or get suddenly also like “invisible” for other people.

Moon rules your 12th house and has moon/neptune correspondence and a spiritual intuition brought along into 5th house comjuncting your jupiter. 5th house is your self-identification and your self-expressing- your creativity and your father as first male model role- and 5th is also natural zodiac sun house.

Moon in 5th house as a female principle is a short-circuit constellation and you as a male might feel yourself sometimes irritated by that.
theV (07-15-2019)
Unread 07-15-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zora View Post
Your rising is not mainly your physical appearance but your instinctive personal manner and nature you are born with- to begin new things, how to push your wishes through and go for your goals. First action done is your own birth.

Sun as ruler of your rising is in 2nd house with venus/sun correspondence and additionally in conjunct with venus a female principle – such as cancer/moon is also.

Your physically appearance and radiance is shown in your 3rd house. Where mercury as ruler of 3rd house is in libra. What doubles a female touched appearance. With mercury sextile moon in sagittarius you have the bright light appearance and positive looking radiance.

With chiron in your 3rd house in trine with uranus and neptune you are very flexible to change your appearance and outlooking quickly and can look and act different within a minute or get suddenly also like “invisible” for other people.

Moon rules your 12th house and has moon/neptune correspondence and a spiritual intuition brought along into 5th house comjuncting your jupiter. 5th house is your self-identification and your self-expressing- your creativity and your father as first male model role- and 5th is also natural zodiac sun house.

Moon in 5th house as a female principle is a short-circuit constellation and you as a male might feel yourself sometimes irritated by that.
I agree with your interpretation. What stresses me the most about this confusion is that I need accurate ascendant in order to study my harmonic charts. I can't have accurate interepretation of the divisional charts without an accurate ascendant.
Unread 07-15-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theV View Post
We changed location at three periods of my life.

When I was: 6 years old 2001

then leo rising should be correct in my opinion. Where did you got your birthtime from ? Was it documentated anywhere or it is only memory from your mother.?
theV (07-15-2019)
Unread 07-15-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I agree with your interpretation. What stresses me the most about this confusion is that I need accurate ascendant in order to study my harmonic charts. I can't have accurate interepretation of the divisional charts without an accurate ascendant.

So -just decide and take it as accurate and have a look into your harmonic charts and feel yourself into them....and see what happens...
theV (07-15-2019)
Unread 07-15-2019, 01:19 PM

Transiting uranus is right now inconjuncting your moon - that is why you feel it important now. And why you kinda feel yourself restless and stressed now.
theV (07-15-2019)
Unread 07-15-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Since I ever did my birth chart, I recognize myself as a Leo rising according to the birth time in my birth certificate. However, in the last couple of years, I started to notice that through my interaction with people, I am more identified with as a Cancer rising than a Leo rising.

Your leo rising is with sun as ruler of AC in 2nd house more acting to self-protect you and to set boundaries. To feel safe and secure and worthy is main purpose and goal for your sun.
theV (07-15-2019)
Unread 07-15-2019, 01:35 PM

Hi Zora sorry for taking time to reply.

I took the time from my birth certificate. It is just my gut is telling me something else. But I trust your interpretation and you provided rational for your argument. I will go with Leo rising and ke on observing the eventd in my life to confirm
Unread 07-15-2019, 03:13 PM

Look into Vedic, in that system you're Cancer rising. I am an early leo sun in tropical, cancer sun in vedic, I feel like a cancer. Your rising nakshatra is the same as my sun, Pushya, congrats, it's a very good one

Last edited by Catherinett; 07-15-2019 at 04:28 PM. Reason: added detail
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catherinett For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (07-19-2019), theV (07-15-2019)
Unread 07-15-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherinett View Post
Look into Vedic, in that system you're Cancer rising. I am an early leo sun in tropical, cancer sun in vedic, I feel like a cancer. Your rising nakshatra is the same as my sun, Pushya, congrats, it's a very good one
I love my Vedic chart. All the Nakshatras occupying my big three are in positive nakshatra: Purva Phalguni, Anuradha and Pushya. That's cool we share the same alignment.

I am currently delving deeper into the Dasamsas and the Navamsa and they require accurate birth time.
Unread 07-15-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I love my Vedic chart. All the Nakshatras occupying my big three are in positive nakshatra: Purva Phalguni, Anuradha and Pushya. That's cool we share the same alignment.

I am currently delving deeper into the Dasamsas and the Navamsa and they require accurate birth time.
I was able to get my birthtime down to the second on astro-seek.com using progressions, you might try that. Took some time. I'm older than you though, I have a lot more major events that I can verify.

Vedic has been super accuate for me, the navamsa too, described my husband to a t. And the dashas have all been accurate.
The Following User Says Thank You to Catherinett For This Useful Post:
theV (07-15-2019)
Unread 07-15-2019, 06:08 PM

Leo risings have scorpio (pluto) 4th house with whole sign houses. I'm a Leo rising. Home is where I spend a lot of time to go inward. I recover at home, gain insights into myself, find power. It is probable you feel this way too.
The Following User Says Thank You to TreasureForever For This Useful Post:
theV (07-16-2019)
Unread 07-15-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Since I ever did my birth chart, I recognize myself as a Leo rising according to the birth time in my birth certificate. However, in the last couple of years, I started to notice that through my interaction with people, I am more identified with as a Cancer rising than a Leo rising. I feel as though that I am connected to both. I am bright, fiery and theatrical as in Leo rising, but I love staying at home like Cancer rising in addition to being intuitive and emotional. But the first one (my bright nature) can be explained through Moon conjunct Jupiter in the fifth and the second can be explained by Node conjunct the IC.

Is there a book or a video that can explain how I can do rectification?

ON THE BASIS OF THE PICTURE BELOW WHAT DO YOU THINK MY RISING IS?
Rectification Tips - Verifying Ascendant/Descendant/MC/IC angles
detailed thread discussion with examples
at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...ad.php?t=51626

There are multiple methods of rectification

for example
ANIMODAR RECTIFICATION
Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post

1. Examine the preceding syzygy, whether it was a new moon or a full moon.

2. If the preceding syzygy was a new moon, observe its degree at the time of the nativity.

3. If the preceding syzygy was a full moon by night, we observe the degree of the syzygy. By day, we observe the degree opposite the syzygy, which is the degree of the luminary above the horizon (in that case the Sun).

4. Observe the degree at the approximate time of the nativity, and give a point to any of the following planets with rulership over the degree at the time of birth (see http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...3A*.html#note9)

5. Give a point to any planet in the same sign as the degree or in sign with some aspect (sextile, square, trine or opposition) to it.

6. If one star is familiar with the degree in all or most of these ways, whatever degree of its sign it is passing at the time of birth, the same numerical degree is rising (Asc) or culminating (Mc) at the time of birth.

7. If two or more stars are predominators, observe the one that is closer to the approximate time. If it so happens that we do not have the nearest hour of birth, we can establish it through combination of accidental qualities.
The foregoing rectification is for time with approximate hour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
theV (07-16-2019)
Unread 07-15-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasureForever View Post
Leo risings have scorpio (pluto) 4th house with whole sign houses. I'm a Leo rising. Home is where I spend a lot of time to go inward. I recover at home, gain insights into myself, find power. It is probable you feel this way too.
I'm a leo sun, not rising but a cancer moon so yeah, do like being home
Unread 07-15-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherinett View Post
I'm a leo sun, not rising but a cancer moon so yeah, do like being home
Ah I was addressing the question of OP.
Unread 07-15-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasureForever View Post
Ah I was addressing the question of OP.
Oh sorry
Unread 07-16-2019, 08:45 AM

Look at your angular planets.
What does it mean to have Mars angular? Aggressive, athletic, pioneering.
Mars right on the IC might mean there was aggression/figths in your childhood home. Was there?

Uranus coming to the DSC might mean that your parents split up or moved the family at that time. You might be able to use that for your rectification.
Unread 07-16-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena View Post

Look at your angular planets.
What does it mean to have Mars angular?

Aggressive, athletic, pioneering.
Mars right on the IC might mean there was aggression/figths in your childhood home. Was there?
would be unrealistic to expect no aggression/fights in childhood home
MARS = leadership, military service, high-ranking officers, soldiers
and so
possibility childhood home military connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post

Mars completes 42 sidereal cycles and 37 synodic cycles with 79 years.
It has retreating arcs of 16 degrees for 72 days.

Mars is burning and drying, malefic, masculine and nocturnal.
Pyroeis makes those born under him red and white in complexion, tall, robust, gray-eyed, with thick hair, somewhat curly, having excess of hot and dry when morning rising, and red, of middle height, with small eyes, not much hair on the body, straight yellow hair, having excess of dry when evening rising, and in general, natural, grim, resourceful, passionate, drinking, turbulent, relentless, challenging and confident. Mars controls force, wars, robbery, screams, violence, the loss of property, whoring, banishment, exile, alienation from parents, captivity, corruption of women, abortions, sexual intercourse, the loss of good things, lies, vain hopes, violent theft, banditry, plundering, disputes between friends, wrath, fighting, verbal abuse, hatred, lawsuits, shouting, violent murder, slashing and bloodshed, attacks of fever, boils, burns, imprisonment, torture, courage, false oaths, wandering, decoration of clothing, excelling at villainy, those who work with fire and iron, artisans, masons, leadership, military service, high-ranking officers, soldiers, supremacists, hunting, wine, falling from heights and four-footed animals, poor vision, apoplexy and falling on the back, the muscular system, the urinary system, the lower gastrointestinal tract, weapons, iron, reddish colours and acid tastes. It is chronocrator over late adulthood up to the 56th year.

Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...blos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt...s%20entire.pdf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
theV (07-16-2019)
Unread 07-16-2019, 06:49 PM

Wink Re: I am starting to doubt my Leo Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Rectification Tips - Verifying Ascendant/Descendant/MC/IC angles
detailed thread discussion with examples
at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...ad.php?t=51626

There are multiple methods of rectification

for example
ANIMODAR RECTIFICATION
Thanks. But I need an example to clarify this not only theoritical instruction. I was born after a new moon in Virgo 2 degree 29. 26 of AUG 1995 at 5:30 am. I didn't understand instruction 4 and further on.

Last edited by theV; 07-16-2019 at 06:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to theV For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (07-19-2019)
Unread 07-16-2019, 06:59 PM

I'd like to state recent dates:

Graduation Ceremony 1st of july 2019
Recieving my diploma but with an adminstrative error 6 of july 2019
Recieving corrected diploma 11 of july 2019
JUPITERASC (07-19-2019)
Unread 07-16-2019, 07:04 PM

Recieving a contract from abroad in 24 of June at 14:00. The moon is in Pisces 23 and the Sun is in cancer 2 degree and the Ascendant was in Libra 17 degree which makes sense since I have pisces in the 9th, Cancer in the 12th which rules foreign affairs, and Libra in the fourth home. I think the birth time is correct then if to consider the sun in the 12th and the moon in the 9th tightly conjuncting the houses at the exact time I recieved it. But if we put the IC on the degree of Libra 17, it means I will have cancer rising. The transiting moon and sun then will be in the house of foreign affairs but not tightly conjuncting them.

Therefore, I believe i was born on 3:40 and the ascendant is 5 degree leo and not 6. Vertex in my natal chart is 17 degree which conjunct Jupiter at that moment. If I put cancer rising, it would be 11 degree saggy and it wouldn't make a conjunction.

Last edited by theV; 07-16-2019 at 07:12 PM.
JUPITERASC (07-19-2019)
Unread 07-16-2019, 11:57 PM

Quote:

Thanks. But I need an example to clarify this
not only theoritical instruction.
I was born after a new moon in Virgo 2 degree 29. 26 of AUG 1995 at 5:30 am.
I didn't understand instruction 4 and further on.
FOUND ILLUSTRATION OF THE ANIMODAR METHOD

AS FOLLOWS
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
One last thing, chart rectification. How does this work? Could you show me?

Now that I have figured out the Animodar sure.

I'll use Professor Gumby's chart to keep it simple. That chart is a Preventional Chart. How do we know? Because the Moon is applying to the conjunction of the Sun having completed its opposition to the Sun. So we need to cast a Lunation Chart for the Full Moon prior to birth (we would cast a Lunation Chart for the New Moon if the chart would be Conjunctional).

We use the Light Above Horizon for Full Moon Lunation Charts (and that would include a Lunar Eclipse for this purpose). That is the Sun at 28° Taurus 07'.

Which Planet has the greatest Dignity in the Sun? Venus does. Venus is the Sign Ruler and Venus is the Earth Sect Triplicity Ruler.

Now, switch back to the Natal Chart and look at Venus. To which is Venus closer in Degrees, the Ascendant or the Midheaven? Obviously the Midheaven at 1° Virgo 31'.

Yes, there are 30° in Virgo, but at Latitude 39°N07' how many degrees actually cross over the Midheaven as the Ascendant crosses the Horizon?

Look at the Right Ascensions of the Midheaven. We want the full 30° of Virgo so we subtract the Right Ascension at 0° Libra from the Right Ascension at 0° Virgo.

180°00' = 0° Libra at 39°N07'
152°05' = 0° Virgo at 39°N07'
-------
xxxxxxx

179°60'
152°05'
-------
027°55'

Now, the Midheaven is at 01°Virgo31' so how much Right Ascension is that?

153°32' = 1°31' Virgo at 39°N07'
152°05' = 0°00' Virgo at 39°N07'
-------
001°27'

We need the Hourly Distance of Venus.

Venus is at 4° Cancer 39'. Her Right Ascension is 95°04 and her Oblique Ascension is 74°30.

The Ascensional Difference is the Right Ascension minus the Oblique Ascension:

AD[Venus] = 95°04' - 74°30'

AD[Venus] = 20°34'

Venus is out-of-Bounds in this chart with a Declination of 24°N54' so we add the Ascensional Difference to 90° giving us 110°34' for the Semi-Diurnal Arc (we would subtract if the Declination was Negative and we would reverse that for those living in the Southern Hemisphere).

The Temporal Hours will be the Semi-Diurnal Arc divided by 6:

TH[Venus] = 110°34 / 6 = 18°25'

Then to find the Hourly Distance, we divide the Meridian Distance by 18°25'

How far away is Venus from the Midheaven by Right Ascension? We just subtract the RA of Venus from the Right Ascension of the Midheaven (RAMC).

Meridian Distance = 153°32' - 95°04'

Meridian Distance = 58°28'

Now we divide the Meridian Distance by the Temporal Hours to get the Hourly Distance

HD[Venus] = 58°28' / 18°25'

HD[Venus]= 3°10'

The Hourly Distance tells you the number of Houses away from the Meridian (either the MC or the IC) that a Planet is and that is what the whole number represents, and the fractional part is how far away from the Cusp of the House that Venus is.

Each House is essentially 2 Diurnal Hours. Think of the chart as a clock where the Ascendant is 6:00 AM so then 3 Houses or 6 Hours (3 * 2 = 6) later it is 12:00 PM and that is the Midheaven and the 6 Hours later is the Descendant at 6:00 PM and then 6 Hours later is the Nadir/IC at 12:00 AM and then we've come full circle back to the Ascendant at 6:00 AM in a 24-Hour period.

We just have to set up a simple proportion or a ratio:

27°55' : 2 = 1°27' : X

From our high school math, we know to cross-multiply and divide, and so we have:

2 * 1°27' / 27°55' = X

It's easier to use decimal notation:

2 * 1.45 / 27.91666 = X

2.9 / 27.91666 = X

0.03582 = X

So, um, what exactly is "0.03582" in Degrees?

It is less than 1°. That is what the big fat "0" means.

Let's multiply by 60 to convert to minutes:

60 * 0.03582 = 2.1492

That gives us 0°2.1492' of arc.

Multiply the 0.1492 * 60 = 8"

So there is a difference of 0°02'08"

Can we round that off? Sure, let's call it 0°02'

Now, there are 24 Hours in one day and 360° in the Zodiac Circle.

How many Degrees are in 1 Hour?

Simple, 360 / 24 = 15° and you might notice the longitudinal meridians around Earth are 0° 15° 30° etc and most of the Time Zones are based on those.

If there are 15° in 1 Hour, how many Degrees are in 1 Minute?

Simple, 15° in 60 Minutes or 1° every 4 Minutes.

And that is 30' every 2 Minutes or 15' every Minute/60 Seconds or 1' every 4 seconds.

So my birth time is off by about 8 or 9 seconds or so.

Now, if I was the Anal Retentive Astrologer, I would rip everything up, chuck it out the window and start with a whole new chart and post 30 "Read My Chart" threads about the new birth time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
Thanks for the help. I'll pay you back one day

Pay it forward. Attached Images Crosby Wealth.jpg (52.2 KB, 130 views) Gumby Wealth.jpg (51.4 KB, 96 views) Gumby Full Moon.jpg (37.5 KB, 96 views)

Quote:

I'd like to state recent dates:
Graduation Ceremony 1st of july 2019
Recieving my diploma but with an adminstrative error 6 of july 2019
Recieving corrected diploma 11 of july 2019

Quote:

Recieving a contract from abroad in 24 of June at 14:00. The moon is in Pisces 23 and the Sun is in cancer 2 degree and the Ascendant was in Libra 17 degree which makes sense since I have pisces in the 9th, Cancer in the 12th which rules foreign affairs, and Libra in the fourth home. I think the birth time is correct then if to consider the sun in the 12th and the moon in the 9th tightly conjuncting the houses at the exact time I recieved it. But if we put the IC on the degree of Libra 17, it means I will have cancer rising. The transiting moon and sun then will be in the house of foreign affairs but not tightly conjuncting them.
Therefore, I believe i was born on 3:40 and the ascendant is 5 degree leo and not 6. Vertex in my natal chart is 17 degree which conjunct Jupiter at that moment. If I put cancer rising, it would be 11 degree saggy and it wouldn't make a conjunction.
theV (07-18-2019)
Unread 07-18-2019, 09:59 AM

https://altairastrology.wordpress.co...-and-animodar/

Tags
doubt, rising, starting