Switching Genders Governed by Planets

NorthNodePisces

Edit: Deleted the whole post. If you want to know more, PM me.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Israelites considered the Sun to be female; this actually is a rather ancient Middle Eastern belief which can be found as far back as certain Sumerian quotations.

Egyptians considered the Moon to be a "male" god, Tehuti (which later became known as Thoth and was transferred from association with the Moon to association with Mercury, eventually becoming the "Hermes" of the Greeks)

The ancient Greeks considered each of the planets to be ruled (or to represent) a PAIR of Olympian gods and goddesses-each planet had a "male" god and his female "wife", which some have come to believe represented the potential active AND passive "sides" (influences, expressions) of each planetary (ie Cosmic) factor. Thus, for example, the planet Mars represented the "male" Ares and the "female" ("wife" of Ares), Minerva.
Manilius goes into this in his "Astronomica" (14 AD)...

fifteen

I can entertain the idea to some extend, (Hermeticism) but I don't think there is a rise of a gender or a decline of another. Since the 1800 the world population have pretty much doubled to 7 billion, of course you will notice that more people will talk about it because there are simply more people alive than ever before, therefore: the statistics increase in the rate humans exist. It is the same as the rate of crime. You could say that crime is increasing, but that is false. There are more people than 50 years ago, thus more crime. As far as I know, transgenders always existed. From the Indians, Greeks to the Egyptians, they always were amongst us. In fact, most of them were revered, nowadays they are being feared. Although completely different, homosexuality always existed, but it was taboo so no one knew about it. Sure, you can see the rise of feminism through history, but that's just a ripple in time. Every gender interchanged roles in the course of history. There were even native tribes that reversed all gender-roles: females went hunting, males cared for the children. It was completely intuitive for them. Is it due to some planets hugging in the sky? I doubt it.

Last edited:

NorthNodePisces

@dr. farr
Thanks for the info. I'm interested in your opinion on the topic also, if you don't mind sharing.

@fifteen
Thanks. I think they're interested in the ratio increase instead of the population increase when doing statistics in this case. Also, interesting thing about the reversed gender role with certain native tribes. But really, I think the dangerous work should stick to men, because a female's life tends to be more valuable since they're the ones who get pregnant. For example, 20 women to 1 man would help ensure the survival of the species much more compared to 20 men to 1 woman. They're the ones who get top priority in lifeboats, it's usually the women and children's safety first when in a life threatening situation.

Last edited:

dr. farr

From my perspective I do not consider planets male or female in any similarity to the concepts of maleness or femaleness, in the human and animal world; rather I consider planets related to concepts of yin and yang, electric and magentic, electro-positiveness and electro-negativeness, and so on (Modernist astrology largely shares this view)
I believe that all planets potentially can express positive (yang) or negative (yin) qualities and influences, however I also believe that each planet will have a "natural" proclivity to manifest one or the other primarily, with the manifestation of the opposite quality only occuring under less common circumstances. The works of Modernist authors such as Charles Carter (also M.P. Hall, among others) go further into this type of "polarity" perspective which I have been talking about here.

lilja

this is very interesting, i've been studying hormones lately and this is what governs our life. i believe that the core of a human being is their sexual identity and that cannot be changed, it is what it is... i find this fascinating. maybe in the future that could be changed? well i know that with genetic engineering you can set up what form of life you want and with whatever characteristics you want (in the lab...), but i mean after you set it up... is there anything you can do at the tiny level of your core human being?... i don't think so (yet?...), but who knows... :confused: :innocent: