Jupiter in Vedic and Western Astrology

mary_00

Hi,

I went two years ago to a person who interprets the natal chart, using the Western method. This person told me that Jupiter in Sagittarius, in my chart, was very beneficial for me. One of my professional goals is to be involved in projects under an international non-profit organization and/or in research projects in universities. All related to education, development, and technology. The astrologer told me that, due to positions of some planets (specially that Jupiter), she can interpret that it is part of my mission in life and that somehow I was going to accomplish it. I did not tell her about these plans. Also she told me that I don't have to worry about financial problems.

One year later I went to a person who was studying Vedic astrology. And she told me that Jupiter is maleficent in my Vedic chart, that I may not have wealth in life. She suggested me to wear any jewelry with lapis lazuli because that was going to neutralize the bad "vibes" or energy of the planet. I did buy some lapis lazuli beads, made some bracelets with them, and worn them.

**How do we correctly interpret Jupiter in Vedic astrology? Which of the two told me the "truth"?

I attached to this message my Vedic and Western charts, generated in other Web sites.

If you can give me any feedback regarding to the subject, I will appreciate it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• mms_planetary_positions_vedic_chart.jpg
    mms_planetary_positions_vedic_chart.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 2455034571842.JPG
    2455034571842.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

mary_00

Both readings are OK(based on their own method of interpretation). Where Jupiter in Western system is highly beneficial promising a lot wealth, in Vedic system it is melific. (...)
-----------------------

Interesting. Thanks. What actually happens in my life is that, from now on, I will be in a better situation because I will have a job, starting in August, and some research projects that will be starting. And around 2013 I will finish my doctoral degree. So, in that case, I am impressed how is it possible that the Vedic chart shows me a quite 'horrible' scenario, when actually things are happening different.

I do have had many close relatives problems. I have always felt, all my life, as if I were living without a family (mother and father), because of some negative family situations. My aunt is the person which I feel 100% as if she were my real mother. I don't have any communication with my father. So in that case, the Vedic chart interpretation is correct.

----------------------------
(...)

--Thanks--

Last edited:

mary_00

Thanks for your feedback and the link. I was told that since the Western astrology came from the Vedic, then the Vedic was more accurate and undiluted.

So it'll all depends on what works best in my case. Thank you. :smile:

Virinchi

western is what you see planet's position through naked eye or telescope
vedic is the actual effect giving position, thats why we deduct ayanamsa for our country for that particular year and date

keeping discussion aside, your Rahu dasa will end in 1 year and then jupiter dasa will start which will be somewhat bothering, though saturn in lagna will control jupiter's results, as jup is on nakshtara owned by saturn and sublord is ketu, who is in 2nd bhava which gives lot of money unexpectedly

mary_00

western is what you see planet's position through naked eye or telescope
vedic is the actual effect giving position, thats why we deduct ayanamsa for our country for that particular year and date

(...)

~Thanks for your feedback~ Maybe it can also clear the doubts of another persons. :happy:
Thanks also for the additional information of the chart interpretation.

CurtisSWN

This is very quick but your Jupiter (and dasa) looks not that bad to me. It is in the second house and seventh natally, which appears good for wealth, speaking, and relationships/marriage.

Jupiter many times disappoints because on deeper analysis its dispositors are weakened or afflicted, and it could be in a very early or very late degree which effectively neutralizes an otherwise good Jupiter.

Vargottama Sun in the tenth ain't bad either.

Curtis