Full Moon Lunar Eclipse Aug 5

misskitty

The Lunar Eclipse today occurs at 13* Aquarius. It conjuncts my natal Moon in the 7th house, a very sore spot for me right now that was hit hard by the winter eclipses.

Today's eclipse hit me HARD, and I didn't even see it coming. I got into a huge fight with my ex-husband because I just found out that he started seeing someone for the first time after we divorced. I did not expect something like that to hurt, but it did. This was a man who cheated on me, I was right to leave. And yet it hurt all over again when I found out that he moved on.

HOW DARE HE cheat on me and hurt me so bad only to be the first to go out and find someone new!!!! :devil: Stuff just isn't fair sometimes.

Anyway, so I let into him pretty hard and got extremely emotional before I even knew what happened and it was like I couldn't stop myself!

Anyone else see any effects from the eclipse?

katydid

I know it hurts, especially with the Moon being hit, OUCH. But from here it looks like a good thing that has happened for you. You are now officially RELEASED from the emotional grip he had on you. this eclipse is giving you the motivation to move forward now,after having the opportunity to dump on him a bit first.

cassanra

This lunar eclipse is a dragons head eclipse and means culmination creates opening;soul and emotion; joy...but I am not hearing the joy yet...maybe it will come.

cassanra

It hit my Uranus at 13 degrees Leo. I am not sure anything much happened ....yet....sort of ....maybe...I was very tense these last few days, terrible headache but so far (knock on wood) no major surprises or sudden changes.

misskitty

But from here it looks like a good thing that has happened for you. You are now officially RELEASED from the emotional grip he had on you. this eclipse is giving you the motivation to move forward now,after having the opportunity to dump on him a bit first.

Amazingly, that is exactly how it felt- like I got things off of my chest that I had been carrying around and now I am free of those negative feelings! It was about removing dead weight.

Hopefully, as Cassandra just said, the joy will follow. :love:

katydid

This lunar eclipse is a dragons head eclipse and means culmination creates opening;soul and emotion; joy...but I am not hearing the joy yet...maybe it will come.

Amazingly, so far this one has been kind of 'joyful.' It is in my 4th/10th and has been seen in my family situation.
My son is getting ready to fly up and visit his grandparents and his aunt and uncle for a little family vacation. My parents are getting old and we haven't seen them since christmas. And since he is 21, he is kind of at a crossroads, just finishing school and figuring out his path. So this is nice for me that this is what he decided to do for his week long vacation--visit nana and papa.
So I found myself talking to them a lot the last 2 days in planning the visit, and hearing how much 'older; and feebler they sound. So it is 'emotion and soul' but also joyful in a way. :love:

R4VEN

Amazingly, that is exactly how it felt- like I got things off of my chest that I had been carrying around and now I am free of those negative feelings! It was about removing dead weight.

Hopefully, as Cassandra just said, the joy will follow. :love:
It's the `being released' which seems to have happened with this full moon/eclipse.

The Moon in Aquarius was in close oppisition to both my Sun and Pluto, which are conj in my 7th house. Had a weird experience around 12-14 hours prior to the full moon. Was nighttime, was feeling tense and so-o-o angry (but not clear about what), so I went into the front garden to get a better look at the moon, got distracted by some weeds growing under a tree, and so began pulling them. Suddenly I saw a dark figure walking along the footpath the other side of the tree, and I felt a deep fear and vulnerability, it was so irrational. It was my son, who dresses in black, and looks like a shadow at the best of times. My anger then tipped over, and I wanted to yell at him, but recognised that whatever I was feeling was not about him!!!

Once I'd calmed down - after about an hour of private rant which in my head I directed at my son - I realised that I had `re-experienced' an incident from childhood when one of my brothers had jumped out from behind the mandarin tree one night while I was on the way to the (out-side) loo, and had scared several years off my available lifetime. This brother was always targeting me, and I have not seen him for several years.

katydid

It's the `being released' which seems to have happened with this full moon/eclipse.

Exactly. During this time of getting my son set for his trip on Friday, he seemed agitated at first when
we tried convincing him to accept a 'gift' airline ticket from Papa. My son at first insisted that he wanted to drive the 11 hour trip. We kept telling him how silly that would be because his entire 6 day vacation would be cut in half by the driving time. Plus he would now save all the gas money.
But he was very irrational at first, then eventually admitted that he was NOW afraid of flying.

He has flown many times, but apparently it has turned into kind of a phobia recently and he was trying to avoid it. And he told me that the couple times in childhood, he and his sister flew alone to see the grandparents, he was scared. [ there was a time the plane had to come back due to engine trouble. and that stayed with him I suppose.]
Anyhow, as has been described by a few here, he is being RELEASED now, because he has agreed to take the flight and release his fears about it.

AquariusT

The Lunar Eclipse today occurs at 13* Aquarius. It conjuncts my natal Moon in the 7th house, a very sore spot for me right now that was hit hard by the winter eclipses.

Today's eclipse hit me HARD, and I didn't even see it coming. I got into a huge fight with my ex-husband because I just found out that he started seeing someone for the first time after we divorced. I did not expect something like that to hurt, but it did. This was a man who cheated on me, I was right to leave. And yet it hurt all over again when I found out that he moved on.

HOW DARE HE cheat on me and hurt me so bad only to be the first to go out and find someone new!!!! :devil: Stuff just isn't fair sometimes.

Anyway, so I let into him pretty hard and got extremely emotional before I even knew what happened and it was like I couldn't stop myself!

Anyone else see any effects from the eclipse?

My higher self says learn from it. My real self says MEN SUCK!!! Except my Daddy :innocent:

R4VEN

My higher self says learn from it. My real self says MEN SUCK!!! Except my Daddy :innocent:
You're hilarious, AquariusT!!!! :happy:

And katydid, your son's release was very moon-in-aquarius, with it being related to fear of flying. :w00t:

My bullying brother has Mars in Aquarius, and could never work out why I was so upset by what he'd (continually) do to me. He'd rationalise his behaviour to me, so I'd then conclude that it was I who had the problem. The last time I saw him was about 5 years ago, and I brought up the subject of his bullying, as for me it needed airing. So how did he respond? By rationalising it and normalising it, like he had no alternative. Sounds like (twisted) Aquarius energy to me. Oh, and he's a (twisted) Aries sun, Aries rising.

katydid

He is a double Aries with mars in Aquarius? Maybe he really didn't have an alternative...kind of twisted energy for him to deal with. He should have been able to apologize about it now though, as he could now be mature enough to regret his twisted actions.
I know one double Aries with mars also in Aries and an Aquarius Moon, in the 10th. He is very very difficult, which is why I looked at his chart. He was dating my daughters best friend , briefly, until she realized what a jerk he actually was at times. He is an amazing athlete,and very funny and bright, but kind of mean and self centered. When his gf tried to break up with him, he made her life miserable and also did stupid things to her friends. He was mad at my daughter as well, and he actually threw eggs at our car in our driveway, and I was THRILLED that he went away to college back east.

R4VEN

He is a double Aries with mars in Aquarius? Maybe he really didn't have an alternative...kind of twisted energy for him to deal with. He should have been able to apologize about it now though, as he could now be mature enough to regret his twisted actions.
He's now 64, so having not done it yet, I'm no longer hanging out for an apology - although I'm certain that an apology would be as healing for him as it would for me.
He also has quite a close conjunction between Moon and Pluto in Leo in the 5th, and as a child & adolescent he was like a fire-cracker, always exploding.
I know one double Aries with mars also in Aries and an Aquarius Moon, in the 10th. He is very very difficult, which is why I looked at his chart. He was dating my daughters best friend , briefly, until she realized what a jerk he actually was at times. He is an amazing athlete,and very funny and bright, but kind of mean and self centered.
What I have put in bold describes my brother also. He held athletics (sprinting) titles in our state for quite a number of years. My oldest brother recently said to me, in relation to `the brother': "He's selfish. He's always been selfish, and he'll probably remain that way."
That was quite releasing for me, also, as I'd thought I was mean for believing him to be selfish.

starlink

Hi guys, how come in my American Ephemeries it says that the Lunar Eclipse will take place at 0.40 hours on the 6th of August, not on the 5th! The Sun also will be at 13°43' Aquarius at 0.56 hours of the 6th. Today is the 6th for me in Europe (now being 10.28 in the morning .

R4VEN

Hi guys, how come in my American Ephemeries it says that the Lunar Eclipse will take place at 0.40 hours on the 6th of August, not on the 5th! The Sun also will be at 13°43' Aquarius at 0.56 hours of the 6th. Today is the 6th for me in Europe (now being 10.28 in the morning .
OK, so it took place around 8 hours ago..................
That's the 6th in UK, Europe and Australia, but wasn't it still the 5th in US?

starlink

but wasn't it still the 5th in US
I dont know. I just look at my AMERICAN (=US) Ephemeries 2000-2050 for Midnight. So if it tells me that just after Midnight there was an Eclipse, then what else can I believe? Maybe I see this wrong...:)?

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Star: I checked for you also. About 20 mins past midnight the eclipse happens, where you are.On Aug 6th.
Cheers
Lilly

R4VEN

I dont know. I just look at my AMERICAN (=US) Ephemeries 2000-2050 for Midnight. So if it tells me that just after Midnight there was an Eclipse, then what else can I believe? Maybe I see this wrong...:)?
I was under the impression that times given in the American Ephemeris are all GMT. My astro programs also show this to be so. :wink: