Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7701  
Unread 10-13-2019, 05:02 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,356
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Are you an architect? I donít know if I have it in me to look at two-story dwellings. The closest I get to that is by doing housework because you canít really make doing the dishes into a skyscraper, unless it is grounding your soul (just did it again). But yeah, maybe by putting less pressure on myself and learning to relax a bit.

I donít think many people are emotionally connected to what theyíre doing. Itís too easy for us to become fixed in our positions and create biases unless we use empathy, which comes from experiencing pain, but even after experiencing pain we can judge if we are no longer there. I know I have a bad habit of giving advice instead of hair listening.

My friend who I used to very close to has paranoid skitzophrenia but is like a very polite, artistic type. Heís really good at listening and I noticed I tend to want to Ďfixí things, so I give advice which creates conflict sometimes. I will have a lot to learn, I will no doubt find it incredibly hard being a teacher and will face a lot of conflict, some because of my fixing tendencies and some because people wonít understand what Iím doing.
There's gender-based (biased?) advice for men I've seen, about just listening to a woman describing a personal problem she's having, and not trying to fix it for her. Just listening is helping.

Reply With Quote
  #7702  
Unread 10-13-2019, 05:28 PM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 977
Doing the dishes is good. I thought your description of school made a lot of sense. Your obligation isnít to get it better -as a student- than the teachers, authors, curriculum who got it painfully wrong - itís to get the credential and start practicing and living out the correction.

Iím not an architect myself though numerologically my ďpersonality numberĒ is 22 whatever that means.

Advice born of deep listening is one of my favorite things on earth.
Reply With Quote
  #7703  
Unread 10-13-2019, 05:30 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
There's gender-based (biased?) advice for men I've seen, about just listening to a woman describing a personal problem she's having, and not trying to fix it for her. Just listening is helping.
It could be a gender thing or a personality thing. I just know I find it really hard to just listen which is why I admire his quality so much. I NEED to help which can come across a bit judgemental. Actually, if it wasnít for my chronic depression I would have been an intolerable advice giver. Depression and soul suffering really humbles you my friend is a natural healer. I guess Iím naturally a doer who has been disabled into wanting to help and trying to listen/not judge/fix/help. Which kind of describes my whole life conflict and how itís begrudgingly meshing itself into hopefully a doer and a fixer. The confusion leads to inertia and mental gymnastics. And then another year passes lol.
Reply With Quote
  #7704  
Unread 10-13-2019, 05:32 PM
moonkat235 moonkat235 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,048
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Yeah, sometimes I give advice, but I'm really trying not to unless asked and when I do, I usually try to just explain what I see based off what they've been telling me. I've also given advice that has been more harmful than helpful I think, because I feel like I shouldn't plant seeds in the mind of friends/acquaintances when they're already floundering.

Like, if someone asks me if they should break up with someone and tells me all their struggles, I'm like 'I can't make that decision for you. Ultimately, you'll make your resolve either way, but that's a very personal thing for you and I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to persuade you either way.'
Reply With Quote
  #7705  
Unread 10-13-2019, 05:33 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Doing the dishes is good. I thought your description of school made a lot of sense. Your obligation isnít to get it better -as a student- than the teachers, authors, curriculum who got it painfully wrong - itís to get the credential and start practicing and living out the correction.

Iím not an architect myself though numerologically my ďpersonality numberĒ is 22 whatever that means.

Advice born of deep listening is one of my favorite things on earth.
Iíll read about 22 later, just about to leave, although what you just said reminds me of when you and David talked about you having Saturn Virgo 12th? That sounds like mental/spiritual architecture.
Reply With Quote
  #7706  
Unread 10-13-2019, 05:33 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,356
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Easy to get distracted!
Reply With Quote
  #7707  
Unread 10-13-2019, 05:35 PM
moonkat235 moonkat235 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,048
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Idk, if someone's asking me a question like that, then I doubt they've made their resolve and personally the whole break-up, make-up thing I see going on looks toxic to me, so I try not to contribute to it.

A lot of times though I guess I do give advice, because I'll usually mention that they don't seem happy, so I only see the options of working through the issue or getting out of the issue.
Reply With Quote
  #7708  
Unread 10-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonkat235 View Post
Yeah, sometimes I give advice, but I'm really trying not to unless asked and when I do, I usually try to just explain what I see based off what they've been telling me. I've also given advice that has been more harmful than helpful I think, because I feel like I shouldn't plant seeds in the mind of friends/acquaintances when they're already floundering.

Like, if someone asks me if they should break up with someone and tells me all their struggles, I'm like 'I can't make that decision for you. Ultimately, you'll make your resolve either way, but that's a very personal thing for you and I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to persuade you either way.'
Do you think itís an Aries/fire thing? Capricorn is probably a fixer rather than a listener too, although your Neptune will help with the compassion just like me.

I was talking to a girl earlier whose partner is an alcoholic optician who judges her for not being a professional. I told her I understand itís easy for me to say when my feelings arenít involved but the relationship soundless toxic from both sides and when she said he was the problem I said she was choosing to remain there. Just before I jumped in the bath I wrote to her Ďyou better get your **** together before the universe forces you in January 2020 to do it for you,í although I was meaning you in a general, plural sense. But it wasnít very tactful lol
Reply With Quote
  #7709  
Unread 10-13-2019, 05:39 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonkat235 View Post
Idk, if someone's asking me a question like that, then I doubt they've made their resolve and personally the whole break-up, make-up thing I see going on looks toxic to me, so I try not to contribute to it.

A lot of times though I guess I do give advice, because I'll usually mention that they don't seem happy, so I only see the options of working through the issue or getting out of the issue.
Yeah exactly, it feels too inauthentic or impersonal to not want to give advice and just passively listen plus sometimes I feel I get into a vampire situation when people just talk at me and I feel drained.
Reply With Quote
  #7710  
Unread 10-13-2019, 05:44 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,356
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Silent emotional support can work wonders.
Reply With Quote
  #7711  
Unread 10-13-2019, 05:47 PM
moonkat235 moonkat235 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,048
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Yeah, I agree that silent emotional support can be helpful, like more helpful than giving advice that is more personal/applicable to your own life than to theirs.

Listening is always helpful.
Reply With Quote
  #7712  
Unread 10-13-2019, 06:05 PM
moonkat235 moonkat235 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,048
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

I woke up about an hour ago from a very intense dream about superheroes and super villains and a school, where everyone was trying to be normal. The super villains were trying to get me to join their group, but I wound up with the super heroes when I finally escaped getting murdered by the villains. Everyone had these interesting powers and when I finally met the heroes, I was in a hospital and ran down a hallway and felt safe for the first time in the whole dream. It was fascinating and air was electrified when I met them.

I also drove to the school with this strange electric-like car. Like it was from the farm I was living at with my dream-version parents. The car looked almost like a normal car until the back half of the sedan released and inflated a giant globe-looking balloon and then out of the driver's window, a little inflatable midget man was attached to a string and the wind blew him in the direction I wanted to go.

I went to a high school in the last dream sequence before I woke up. The school had a farm building/stable-like thing and all the villains were there planning something. I walked in and they didn't realize I had joined the heroes and then I realized it was too dangerous, so I snuck out and got back in the inflatable electric car and went back to the farm.

Ugh, I wish I could remember what actually happened in the dream, I could fly, but not high enough and the leader of the villains had elastic arms and I didn't know that until I started to float/levitate/fly away from him on my childhood suburban-like street, but his arms shot out at me and I had to fly even further until he couldn't stretch his arms far enough. lol

There was so much more, like a whole saga/plot to it, but I can't remember anything really. Ugh, I should've recorded the dream right when I woke up. It was so exhilarating!
Reply With Quote
  #7713  
Unread 10-13-2019, 07:44 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,356
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

That was with an Aries full Moon in a T-square with the Sun and Pluto, and Trine Jupiter in Sagittarius.
Reply With Quote
  #7714  
Unread 10-14-2019, 12:28 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,600
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Oh, that dream jogged my memory of a dream of my own. It was about a tarot deck that was water-themed, with animation that was a mixture between the diary of a wimpy kid series and Dr. Seuss
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
moonkat235 (10-14-2019)
  #7715  
Unread 10-14-2019, 01:41 AM
eekndyn eekndyn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonkat235 View Post
I woke up about an hour ago from a very intense dream about superheroes and super villains and a school, where everyone was trying to be normal. The super villains were trying to get me to join their group, but I wound up with the super heroes when I finally escaped getting murdered by the villains. Everyone had these interesting powers and when I finally met the heroes, I was in a hospital and ran down a hallway and felt safe for the first time in the whole dream. It was fascinating and air was electrified when I met them.

I also drove to the school with this strange electric-like car. Like it was from the farm I was living at with my dream-version parents. The car looked almost like a normal car until the back half of the sedan released and inflated a giant globe-looking balloon and then out of the driver's window, a little inflatable midget man was attached to a string and the wind blew him in the direction I wanted to go.

I went to a high school in the last dream sequence before I woke up. The school had a farm building/stable-like thing and all the villains were there planning something. I walked in and they didn't realize I had joined the heroes and then I realized it was too dangerous, so I snuck out and got back in the inflatable electric car and went back to the farm.

Ugh, I wish I could remember what actually happened in the dream, I could fly, but not high enough and the leader of the villains had elastic arms and I didn't know that until I started to float/levitate/fly away from him on my childhood suburban-like street, but his arms shot out at me and I had to fly even further until he couldn't stretch his arms far enough. lol

There was so much more, like a whole saga/plot to it, but I can't remember anything really. Ugh, I should've recorded the dream right when I woke up. It was so exhilarating!
Whoa. Sounds like a pretty cool dream
Reply With Quote
  #7716  
Unread 10-14-2019, 03:52 AM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,356
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

We're in free-Fall until Christmas, which cushions the landing if you're in good enough shape financially.

Last edited by david starling; 10-14-2019 at 03:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7717  
Unread 10-14-2019, 04:10 AM
moonkat235 moonkat235 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,048
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by eekndyn View Post
Whoa. Sounds like a pretty cool dream
Thanks! haha it was pretty interesting for sure. I wish I could remember more of it now.
Reply With Quote
  #7718  
Unread 10-14-2019, 04:13 AM
moonkat235 moonkat235 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,048
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Oh, that dream jogged my memory of a dream of my own. It was about a tarot deck that was water-themed, with animation that was a mixture between the diary of a wimpy kid series and Dr. Seuss
Oh cool! What happened in it? Was there a plot?
Reply With Quote
  #7719  
Unread 10-14-2019, 04:14 AM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
We're in free-Fall until Christmas, which cushions the landing if you're in good enough shape financially.
What are you describing?
Reply With Quote
  #7720  
Unread 10-14-2019, 04:23 AM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,356
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

"The best aspect of Christmas, is that Christmas has been commercialized." -{Ayn Rand}
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
SunConjunctUranus (10-14-2019)
  #7721  
Unread 10-14-2019, 04:29 AM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,356
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
What are you describing?
If you mean "free-Fall", it's the most adventurous quadrant, anything is possible. Then, Saturn brings the hammer down.
Reply With Quote
  #7722  
Unread 10-14-2019, 05:08 AM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,356
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
I just read the last Saturn-Pluto conjunction in Capricorn happened during the time of the Protestant Reformation.
The 1947 conjunction occasioned the brutal Partition of India and Pakistan. Literally the partition line drawing was submitted the day of the conjunction.

None of this looks very good. In terms of mitigation, is there any mundane astrological magic besides election?
We don't have enough for informed prognostication regarding anything specific. Looks like it will be "hindsight is 20/20 vision".
Reply With Quote
  #7723  
Unread 10-14-2019, 05:13 AM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,356
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

The Reformation was a world-changing event. The partition of Pakistan and India, tragic as the results were, was more localized.
Reply With Quote
  #7724  
Unread 10-14-2019, 05:16 AM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,356
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

What's a good definition for "Magical"?
Reply With Quote
  #7725  
Unread 10-14-2019, 05:19 AM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
What's a good definition for "Magical"?
Nice question. I would think, a technology primarily oriented towards consciousness. Whatís your definition?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.