Do asteroid aspects matter

Pallas is probably the most well placed body in my chart and I wonder if that has any positive effect on me or if asteroids even matter. There isn't much info on aspects to asteroids. But as I can see I have Pallas sextile Jupiter , trine Uranus, and semi-sextile moon. It is the only trine in my chart (other than vesta trine Juno, 2 other asteroids) and the only positive aspect to the moon and Jupiter, so I would hope Pallas acts as a saving grace for me. Does anyone else have aspects to asteroids?

Pallas is in Taurus 10th house sextile Jupiter in cancer 12th house
Trine Uranus in Capricorn 6th house
Semi-sextile moon in Aries 9th house

Last edited:

Oddity

There are millions of asteroids out there. Literally. So if you want to count them, everyone has aspects to asteroids.

Some astrologers use them, some don't. So I guess it's up to you. I don't use them so I have no idea what Pallas in aspect to the moon or Jupiter would mean. If you do know, then does it apply to your life so far? I think working with them would help you to test them out, and see which ones have value to you, if any of them do.

graay ghost

For the most part, I've heard of major asteroids mostly being used for synastry, particularly Juno. I have a pet theory that while Mars and Venus are the gender conformists, Mercury and Pallas are the gender nonconformists, but I do not have much at this point to back it up and would not be sure what that means in relation to yours.

Moondancing

Premium Member
According to the author Martha Lang-Wescott of the book 'Mechanics of the Future - Asteroids' you use asteroids "when you expect much more precision from astrology than you're currently getting."

Is Pallas direct or retograde in your chart? Tenth house is a strong placement and worth digging deeper, imo.

Moondance

According to the author Martha Lang-Wescott of the book 'Mechanics of the Future - Asteroids' you use asteroids "when you expect much more precision from astrology than you're currently getting."

Is Pallas direct or retograde in your chart? Tenth house is a strong placement and worth digging deeper, imo.

Moondance

It is direct. Also quintile Venus just realized. With an orb over 1 degree though.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Pallas is about seeking approval, in the 10th, wanting to be liked in a professional capacity. Or doing work in the hopes of being noticed by authoritative figures. There is an affinity with it's ruler Venus and their desire for relationship and with Taurus' ambitious needs. Jupiter aspect shows using your skills of goodwill, trying to please, being helpful and good nature to gain approval.

Uranus is about being different, exciting, ect. but I believe Pallas, and especially in Taurus ruled by Venus, is more about being accommodating than to appear unusual. Shows an ability in Uranian tasks (computers, astrology, etc.)

If that Venus quintile is effective it would strengthen your ability to see patterns and structures in relationships or in your work to solve problems. Financial planning would be a strength.

If Taurus does not rule your 10th then the sign, planet and aspects on the 10th need to be considered in fully determining you career needs. Also, other astroids in aspect to Pallas (the author Wescott recommends 35) need to be considered. To see how Pallas effected past important career events, look at those past dates and see if transits were making an aspect to your natal Pallas. You may want to keep it as an important point to watch in future transits.

This is just a simple snapshot of an asteroid.

Moondance

Pallas is about seeking approval, in the 10th, wanting to be liked in a professional capacity. Or doing work in the hopes of being noticed by authoritative figures. There is an affinity with it's ruler Venus and their desire for relationship and with Taurus' ambitious needs. Jupiter aspect shows using your skills of goodwill, trying to please, being helpful and good nature to gain approval.

Uranus is about being different, exciting, ect. but I believe Pallas, and especially in Taurus ruled by Venus, is more about being accommodating than to appear unusual. Shows an ability in Uranian tasks (computers, astrology, etc.)

If that Venus quintile is effective it would strengthen your ability to see patterns and structures in relationships or in your work to solve problems. Financial planning would be a strength.

If Taurus does not rule your 10th then the sign, planet and aspects on the 10th need to be considered in fully determining you career needs. Also, other astroids in aspect to Pallas (the author Wescott recommends 35) need to be considered. To see how Pallas effected past important career events, look at those past dates and see if transits were making an aspect to your natal Pallas. You may want to keep it as an important point to watch in future transits.

This is just a simple snapshot of an asteroid.

Moondance

That sounds like me. I've always been a habitual people pleaser and tend to be too much of a doormat, afraid to speak my mind for fear I offend people.

Any info on moon semi sextile Pallas? My guess is it has to do with the need to feel approved of?

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
That sounds like me. I've always been a habitual people pleaser and tend to be too much of a doormat, afraid to speak my mind for fear I offend people.

There is that side of people pleasing, you can feel resentful. The origins of this habit is having to 'work for' approval from the father. You learn to make personal adjustments in order to get along.

Any info on moon semi sextile Pallas? My guess is it has to do with the need to feel approved of?

No, it's a minor aspect as is the quintile and the affect would be minimal.

Best of luck,

Moondance

Moondancing

Premium Member
Added thought, Taurus on 10th cusp is no pushover. You can make good money with people pleasing skills, just throw our the doormat. :) What sign is on your asc.?

Moondance

Last edited:

Lucypur

Pallas is the asteroid of patterns and rules astronomy.
One of the most important aspects to have is Sun/Pallas.
A person with pallas aspects could have the gift of reading astrology.
It helps you to see patterns that others would not be able to read.

I have a chart with strong pallas aspects.

Pallas conjunct MC in Virgo.
Pallas in the 10th House.
Pallas quincunx Saturn.
Pallas trine Sun.

In the declination pallas aspects the sun and chiron.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Wescott has a page on Pallas but this quote is significant to your thoughts;

"Pallas is a strategy of presentation; it's had to take a great many variables into consideration in order to come up with a plan and effect that would win. The 'canniness' or resourcefulness that one develops in order to please the father becomes and ability to 'read' situations and people in adult life and adapt to the needs of the situation."

Pallas is in Aquarius in my 4th house and I've turned my people pleasing skills into cleaning people's home and businesses with great success. Pallas is not aspected by any of my natal planets but it's co-ruler Uranus is in my 9th house. Astrology is a passion for me. And even in my 60's I can still feel that pull to do things to gain my parents attention and respect.

Moondance

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
Actually I think Aries is on the 10th cusp. I have a cancer Asc

Cancer would be sensitive to the idea of people using them. But Taurus does not let people walk on them unless there is something to be gained, imo.

Hope this has helped you understand Pallas in your chart. Astrology is all about understanding yourself better and I believe asteroids are a strong part in that goal.

Moondance

Cancer would be sensitive to the idea of people using them. But Taurus does not let people walk on them unless there is something to be gained, imo.

Hope this has helped you understand Pallas in your chart. Astrology is all about understanding yourself better and I believe asteroids are a strong part in that goal.

Moondance
Thank you for interpreting my Pallas in Taurus. I've ignored asteroids for so long and am just now realizing what they have to tell me about myself.

waybread

I use asteroids on occasion.

As Oddity noted, there are thousands of them out there. Each planet in a degree would have hundreds of asteroids conjunct it at the same degree, never mind even a conservative orb. So we have to be careful not to use so many asteroids with so many aspects that we make the chart mean whatever we wish it to mean.

I use only the conjunction.

Asteroids are too small to cast an orb. Angles and other sensitive points cast no orb. I will use a conservative orb for a planet conjunct an asteroid of interest.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Studying asteroids with my chart has strengthened my understanding of myself and my life and I have found Wescott's book an excellent teacher. As I said in an earlier post, she lists about 39 asteroids not thousands. Still a lot to add to an already remarkable system.

Moondance

Moondancing

Premium Member
Pallas is in Aquarius in my 4th house and I've turned my people pleasing skills into cleaning people's home and businesses with great success. Pallas is not aspected by any of my natal planets but it's co-ruler Uranus is in my 9th house. Astrology is a passion for me. And even in my 60's I can still feel that pull to do things to gain my parents attention and respect.

Moondance

Need to make a correction, it is the asteroid Minerva that conj. my MH and opposes Moon in 4th that manifests my people pleasing skills.

Moondancing

Premium Member
I looked up the Wescott book at amazon.com. It seems to be out of print, but available from used book sellers.

From the Astrology Center of America:

Comment: After some initial doubts, we confess to be highly impressed by Lang-Wescott's work. This is an intense, highly intelligent book that covers both asteroids & Uranian/Transneptunian planets in natal charts, diurnal charts, solar returns, composites & lots more with hundreds of practical tips & suggestions. If you're tired of simplistic books, give this one a try. Martha sees asteroids (some 39, including the big 4) as quite independent & varied. They have distinct, colorful personalities & interact in surprising ways, both with each other & with planets, angles & transneptunians. By far the best asteroid writing available - years ahead of everyone else.

JUPITERASC

As Oddity comments, there are literally millions of asteroids out there
There are millions of asteroids out there. Literally.
So if you want to count them, everyone has aspects to asteroids.

Some astrologers use them, some don't. So I guess it's up to you.
I don't use them so I have no idea what Pallas in aspect to the moon or Jupiter would mean.
If you do know, then does it apply to your life so far?
I think working with them would help you to test them out, and see which ones have value to you, if any of them do.

As far as how many asteroids there are
well, if you only consider those larger than 100 meters orbiting within the inner Solar System,

there are over one hundred and fifty million asteroids :smile:

Count smaller ones and you get even more.
and so
that natal chart is starting to feel a little crowded http://www.universetoday.com/97571/how-many-asteroids-are-out-there/