progressed Mars square Pluto/Uranus

Bina

Progressed Mars is getting very close to squaring my close Pluto/Uranus conjunction and honestly, I'm a bit scared! I feel a bit like going and hiding in a cave and waiting till it's over so nothing bad happens and I don't put everyone off by coming on too strong..

In my natal chart I have a close Sun/Mars conjunction trining a very close Pluto/Uranus on the Descendant. The trine is perhaps a bit easier than the progressed square from Mars, i wonder if having the trine natally can ease the progressed square?

Has anyone with Pluto/Uranus conjunct experienced the same progressed square from Mars and how was it? did you survive??

Am attaching my natal chart with progressions.

Last edited:

miquar

Hi. With the Uranus-Pluto conjunction on an angle, semisquare the Sun/Moon midpoint and trine the Sun-Mars conjunction, there is a suggestion that you are probably already familiar with the flavour of this progressed aspect. But it seems that you must still have some work to do around it. With Uranus-Pluto descending, you may have tended to project these energies onto others and not identified with them as much as you might. Even though they are trine Sun and Mars, there are lots of indications in the chart that suggest a reluctance to fully embrace this rather disruptive Uranus-Pluto conjunction. There is an emphasis on the Venus signs, with Venus in Pisces along with the ascendant. Also, the Venus-Saturn-Chiron conjunction suggests that a fear of alienation and discord will affect the way you project energy out into your environment. Also, the aspect which links Sun-Mars to Uranus-Pluto is, as you say, a trine rather than a square, so not something you have necessarily felt compelled to express.

Perhaps this progressed aspect is bringing out the innate tension shown by the natal opposition between Mercury in Aries and Moon in Libra. An instinctive need for harmony and mutual agreement seems to come up against a need for bold and challenging communication, with perhaps a tendency to swing between them in way which you can't always control. Perhaps you picked up certain habits in the way you think and communicate from your mother, and part of this progressed aspect involves merging the two ends of the opposition with more awareness than she did (just speculation, but worth considering).

There is a book which I think you find very useful in the months leading up to the exact aspects. Its called 'Dynamics of the Unconscious' by Greene and Sasportas. One of the seminars which is transcribed in the book is about the four stages of the alchemical opus, one of which - the calcinatio - fits with this progressed aspect and with the experiences you describe in your opening post. I know it can be bought cheap second hand in English on Amazon - it might well have been translated into German, too.

Bina

Thanks so much for your reply, Miquar! Some really helpful points to think about..

You are right, I am familiar with the energies of this aspect, but not comfortable with them. My whole chart is an opposition of contradictory energies, so it's always one way or the other, I'm either outgoing or very withdrawn, it's hard to find a balance between these two extremes.

I don't know whether I have picked up modes of thinking and communicating from my mother, will have to think about this, may be so unconsciously.
I'm curious to know why you think this progressed aspect will bring out the tension of my Moon-Mercury opposition?

The book you mentioned I read many years ago, but have to admit I don't remember much about it, will look into getting a copy again.

Frisiangal

Hi Bina,
I'm not of the Uranus-Pluto in Virgo generation, yet a couple of questions come to mind.

Has the Uranus-Pluto conjunction played a significan role in your close relationships, and how?
What has shaken and is shaking the solidity and reliability of the Earth signs upon which Taurus life has been based?
What is occuring that is beyond the scope of your personal control?
Have you looked beyond the secondary progressed Mars aspect to see what other major aspects went before and are going on to intitiate this change being experienced?

Sec.Progr. Venus is moving out of opposition to natal Neptune,
to be followed by
Sec.progr. Sun now conjunct within orb of natal Jupiter,
Sec.progr. Mercury trine natal Neptune,

and all whilst sec.progr.Moon works through ' vulnerable to its circumstances ' Cancer, after having activated the natal mutable square.

If you add Solar Arc Directions (every planet moves at same rate as s.p. Sun), you will also find some very interesting aspects over a 3 year period that could offer 'reasons' towards the effect of the life-changing circumstances of the secondary progressions, inaugurated by current transits.

As I don't work with the Equal House system, planetary positions and house placements would differ, giving an alternate perspective to their interpretation and influence.

Last edited:

Bina

Hi Frisiangal and thank you for your reply!

Will think about your questions and reply in more detail later..

I am aware of all the other progressions you have listed, also last year I had a progressed new moon, which started to set off a whole lot of changes, mostly in consciousness and in my ways of dealing with myself and my life.

If you use Placidus, I'm attaching the same chart with Placidus houses.
I have changed to using equal house system, because a few important planetary placements make more sense to me in that system, however I'm open to other interpretations..

Last edited:

miquar

Hi Bina. The comment about the opposition was to do with the general tension in the chart between the conciliatory energies of Pisces and Libra, and the more provocative energies of the Sun-Mars conjunction, the Uranus-Pluto conjunction, and Mercury in Aries. Taurus is perhaps quite neutral in this regard. The chart suggests a general need to reconcile these two broad themes, but perhaps it is in the Mercury-Moon opposition that this need is felt with most immediacy, because this is a close hard major aspect between two personal planets - one representing each of the themes outlined above. Also, progressed Mars is in Gemini at the moment, and either in the Moon's or Mercury's natural house, depending on whether one uses Equal House or a quadrant system.

Another thing which was implicit in my last post, but which I didn't register, is that progressed Mars is also semisquare your Sun/Moon midpoint as it approaches its square to the natal Uranus-Pluto conjunction.

Physical exercise could be very useful at the moment - though of course nothing too reckless!