Eris, the warrior queen

CapAquaPis

Eris is thought to influence Aquarius, despite being a masculine sign (not as much as Aries or Leo), you have a feminine energy attached to this air sign (similar to Gemini and Libra). According to the article, Eris is exalted in Cancer.

see the Light

Hi,
i got a note on Eris as she is the sister Mars and connected to wars.
It simply means stife if not invited, because of issues (Aries, "wars")
it is in wars because of something, i guess, seen in the vase from ancient times.

She demands "chose me" and would go lenghty to get that way.
Also a go between type, as I have seen it operate.
Lacking the source. This above seemed enough for me at that point, so i lost the source (s) by astrologers and adds by me.

Bjorkstrand

it rules aries
an octave of pluto
pluto is an octave of mars.
sedna is the one above eris

SUN CONJUNCT ERIS

ADAMS, JOHN
BEETHOVEN
BLAKE
BEATTY,WARREN
CAINE, MICHAEL
CLOSE, GLEN
CROSS, MARCIA
CROWE, RUSSELL
DICKENS
DION, CELINE
DOWNEY JR, ROBERT
EICHMANN, ADOLPH
EINSTEIN, ALBERT
GACY, JOHN
HARRIS, EMMYLOU
HARRISON,REX
HERSCHELL, WILLIAM
MULRONEY, BRIAN
RUSSELL, KURT
SHAKESPEARE
VOISINE, ROCH
VON BRAUN, WERNER
WEBBER, ANDREW
WHITTAKER, ROGER

Athlete superheros who have ERIS CONJUNCT THE SUN
GORDIE HOWE-HOCKEY
BOBBY ORR-HOCKEY
ROGER BANISTER-BROKE THE 4 MINUTE MILE
GARY KASPAROV-CHESS CHAMP(12 DEG ORB) I USE 15

OTHERS
Maybe ERIS should be called KIRK. After Captain James T Kirk
from Startrek.
WILLIAM SHATNER
LEONARD NIMOY
JIM LOVELL
DAVID SUZUKI
MARIO MONTI (SUPER MARIO)
JACKIE CHAN

capuranusnep

Are you using this new planet? What are your experiences?

Recommended reading:
The Astrology of Eris

I have done quite a bit of research on the dwarf planets, including Eris.

I use Eris in the chart, and I do not really agree with the author's description of Eris. I feel a like lot of it is assumption.

I believe Eris rules Libra. If Eris is exalted anywhere, I think it's in Sagittarius.

Here is my description of Eris

"Eris (#136199) has rulership over the sign of Libra:
Exceptionally people oriented, diplomatic and compromising, appreciating and creating harmony. impartiality and fairness, seeing and going between both sides, mediation, making something ugly before it can be beautiful, creating discourse and participating in debate."

waybread

I really recommend Henry Seltzer's book on Eris, The Tenth Planet. I don't so much care for Keiron Le Grice's book Discovering Eris, which seems too much like trying to shoehorn Eris into a nicey-nice pre-digested evolutionary astrology scheme.

I also think it is premature to assign a rulership to Eris. Mythologically and from an orbital perspective Eris best fits with Aries. Mythological Eris was the sister of Mars (Ares) and a goddess of war. http://www.theoi.com/Daimon/Eris.html

I see Eris much like Xenia, the Warrior Princess.

It is interesting that the #MeToo movement and fall of Harvey Weinstein corresponded with transiting Uranus conjunct Eris.

At times, the orbit of Eris nips inside the orbit of Pluto, following the scheme:

Jupiter=Sag
Saturn=Capricorn
Uranus=Aquarius
Neptune=Pisces
Eris=Aries

Pluto was originally proposed as the modern ruler of Aries, but Scorpio just is a much better fit.

But look, a rulership or exaltation isn't just a matter of affinity. A planetary sign ruler has real work to do in the chart.

CapAquaPis

Eris has a 560-year orbit around the sun and when it's in Late decans of Pisces and Aries, the world experiences disease outbreaks and pandemics: 1918-19 Spanish Flu pandemic (29' Pisces), and the current AIDS (15' Aries-could well be second half of these signs are malefic) and Covid-19 (24' Aries), but go back in time to the appearances of black death plague (Pisces), sweating sickness and syphilis (Aries) when Eris was aspect with other planets. It is the (dwarf) planet of crisis, discord, disaster, disease and strife, similar to that of equally dark Saturn and Pluto in the level of malefic effects on our world.

Last edited:

waybread

Decans are 10-degree divisions of signs. They exist as much as a 360-degree zodiac and signs exist. All are artificial constructs but we use them anyway.

If 0 degrees Aries is at the center of Aries, what are the degrees prior to and after the Aries point?

Bjorkstrand

12 keys in music= 12 signs of zodiac
You CAN'T have the leo "key" in the middle of aries.
ergo decans don't exist. WAKE-UP

AND
eris is not female

Opal

Premium Member

AND
eris is not female

The Decanates work. I have observed them, especially in Libra, and the division has credence.

It is not that Leo is in the middle of Aries, it has a flavouring, that is observable, in each 10 degree division.

Last edited:

waybread

AND
eris is not female

Historically the decans were star clusters used in ancient Egypt for their celestial clocks and calendars. They didn't neatly divide each sign into 30 part, but they were close enough that the Hellenists transmuted them to a 10-degree segment.

Today in traditional horary astrology, the decans are called "faces" and are a minor essential dignity.

Eris as a dwarf planet has no gender. Mythological Eris was definitely female as the sister of the war god Mars (Ares.)

I don't quite get the allusion to music. In the scales commonly used in western music, there are 7 notes named for alphabet letters, A through G, with each having both a major and a minor key. That totals 14, not 12.

Opal

Premium Member
Each note is represented by a planets. Every note has flats and sharps determined by whether you are going higher or lower on the scale. The scale uses steps and half steps. It coincides with the spacing of the planets.

Opal

Premium Member
I have done quite a bit of research on the dwarf planets, including Eris.

I use Eris in the chart, and I do not really agree with the author's description of Eris. I feel a like lot of it is assumption.

I believe Eris rules Libra. If Eris is exalted anywhere, I think it's in Sagittarius.

Here is my description of Eris

"Eris (#136199) has rulership over the sign of Libra:
Exceptionally people oriented, diplomatic and compromising, appreciating and creating harmony. impartiality and fairness, seeing and going between both sides, mediation, making something ugly before it can be beautiful, creating discourse and participating in debate."

Interesting, so far I like your description. I have felt that when a planet was assigned, between Taurus and Libra, that it would go to Libra. I will look into Eris further. Thanks!

CapAquaPis

Looking at my Eris placement in 10th - the house of the father, there is Venus and Ceres - my father remarried 3 times in the last 26 years. Feminine planets in that house represents my 3 stepmothers, indeed 3 more women in my life. Here are the "feminine" astrological planets: the Moon, Venus, Ceres, Eris and Sedna, along with asteroids Juno, Pallas and Vesta, and the dark moon Lilith.

Cruiser1

I also think it is premature to assign a rulership to Eris. Mythological Eris was the sister of Mars (Ares) and a goddess of war.
Indeed, in mythology Eris is a goddess of war, and beyond that strife, discord, and chaos in general. However, while Ares/Mars wants to win a war, Eris relishes in the conflict in the first place, and usually doesn't take sides. Eris is more a cunning schemer than a mindless combatant, such as how she intentionally used her Golden Apple of Discord to stir up trouble and start the Trojan War, to get her enemies to fight each other. However, like most planets, Eris has both primitive and more spiritual manifestations. Mythology site mythologysource.com offers the following:

"Hesiod took the unusual position of giving Eris credit for motivating people to better their lives and work harder. Trying to outdo one's neighbor could, according to Hesiod, be a form of strife that was beneficial. The Eris of fighting was cruel and merciless, but the domestic Eris could use a man's discontent and competitive nature to make his life better through hard work. One Eris focused her discontent outward and battled against other people, while the other Eris focused inward and inspired a man to fight against his own bad habits."

Eris is a larger dwarf planet than Pluto
Minor correction, Eris when first discovered was thought to be larger than Pluto. However, once more accurate measurements were made, Eris was found to be 98% the size of Pluto. Eris is 1163 km in radius (accurate to within 6 km), while Pluto is 1188 km (accurate to within 1 km). However, Eris is 27% denser than Pluto, so there's reason one might consider Eris to be at least as if not more significant than Pluto astrologically (especially since unlike Pluto, Eris is always outside the orbit of Neptune).

CapAquaPis

Eris is in Aries or the first 7 years in the 28-30' Pisces range from 1914-2041:
1. World War I (1914-18) - Aries - the first global war, Eris in sign 127 years.
2. Spanish Flu (1918-19) - Taurus - during a severe recession that later ended.
3. The Red scare (1920-29) - Orion (parazodiac) - the first social liberal wave.
4. Great Depression (1929-41) - Gemini - the worst economic period ever.
5. World War II (1941-45) - Cancer - America was the most united at that time.
6. The Cold War 1.0 (1945-60) - Leo - not a hot war vs the communist USSR.
7. The sixties (1960-70) - social change - Virgo - Baby boomers' radicalism.
8. The seventies (1970-80) - stagflation - Libra - A malaise or lowest point.
9. The Cold War 1.5 (1980-91) - Scorpio - another period of anti-soviet tension.
10. The Wars on Crime/Drugs/Gangs (1991-2001) - Ophiuchus (parazodiac).
11. War on Terror (2001-2008) - Sagittarius - After 9/11, US fights Islamism.
12. The Great Recession (2008-2011) - Capricorn - huge economic damage.
13. War on Terror 2 (2011-2019) - Aquarius - continued fight vs terrorism.
14. COVID-19 pandemic (2019-2021) - Pisces - like 1919, 2020 is cursed.
and 15. The Cold War 2.0 (2021-could last to 2041) - Cetus (parazodiac) -
let's hold our breath when the USA goes against large China, Russia and Iran.
Like I said earlier, Eris is the dwarf planet of chaos, conflict, crisis, disaster and discord. Seems like most of the 20th century and first 20 years of the current millennia is a very active one. The Eris in Aries cycle "peaked" in 1970-74-78-80.

CapAquaPis

The stormy periods of US history, whether or not it has to do with Eris in Aries or earlier in Pisces, but Eris as an oblong orbital path around the sun alike Pluto, and it's generally hard to predict the rest of the 2020's, esp in 2022-24-26-28 period. I'm certain Eris was conjunct the moon in Aquarius in July 4, 1776 and enters Pisces in like 1800, since Eris was in Pisces and Aries for 120 years each. First, taxation, then slavery, and 3rd ended fascism (Nazism in Germany under Hitler, the Mussolini regime in Italy and militarists in Japan across east Asia). How will the 4th period be like? In the 2010s, Eris was conjunct Uranus in the sign of Aries. Eris will conjunct Neptune later this decade in 2023-2036. And Eris conjuncts Pluto in the 2050s-60s which is halfway through this century.

1775-76-80-87 : American revolution in the then-British colonies, Declaration of the USA's Independence and a war to successfully defeated the UK/British.
1860-65-70-77 : Secession of the southern states over the slavery issue of black or African-Americans, the civil war and reconstruction to reunify the USA.
1940-45-54-60 : WW2, the US entry to defeat the Axis, ex-ally the USSR (Russia) is a cold war enemy, although the Soviet Union began 1917, collapsed 1991.
2020-25-43-50 : COVID-19 pandemic, possible international conflict with China related to the origin of COVID-19, and I know Eris leaves Aries in 2040-43.

Apparently, our Libertarian democratic capitalist western-based republic has defeated the first two and could pressure the later two adversaries to collapse. Could it be related to the placement of Eris conjunct the moon on the USA's foundation? The first 3 days of July 1776 was the moon opposite Cancer sun (yes, a full moon in Capricorn), but astronomy and astrology didn't know Eris back then and Uranus, Neptune and Pluto were discovered in later centuries. Uranus was conjunct the Gemini sun in June, but according to many historians, the USA's independence came in by the UK's official recognition on...August 2, 1776. There were 2 full moons in July 1776 (Jul 1-2/3 and Jul 31-Aug 1/2).