Astrology and Physical Appearance (With ideas on human biology and psychology)

Animatrix

14th Dalai Lama

dalai-smile.jpg

Dalai Lama has Sun conjunct his ascendant in Cancer (makes him sunny and happy), Moon, his chart ruler is sextile to his ascendant (making him look compassionate, caring and warm), Saturn is trine ascendant (making him look responsible and reliable as well as dedicated), Jupiter is trine to his ascendant (making him look incredibly happy, optimistic, full of faith, noble, generous, and wise), Neptune is sextile ascendant (making his face softer and he definitely has a childlike look even now, though he is Asian), and Uranus is sextile to it as well, giving him a good deal of nervous energy.
His Sun, cose to the ascendant, shares the same aspects except the sextile from Uranus, and an additional; Sun square Mars. His ascendant has no adverse aspects to it, nor his Sun, except the square to Mars.

Last edited:

Animatrix

Hugh Grant, the typical Virgo, very intelligent-looking, slightly cunning eyes. He has Sun, Mercury and asc conjunct, so he is very Mercurian with no other significant aspects other than Jupiter and Mars squares.

cd763a130ec651817b8fcdf3673e24db--hugh-grant-beautiful-celebrities.jpg

Animatrix

Christopher Lee with Saturn and Jupiter conjunct ascendant, trine to Sun.

latest

Wise, serious, yet generous-looking in some strange way.

love-thinking

I look forward to the day when I am a master of astrology. I want to be able to tell people's Sun, Moon and ascendant signs, because I have seen an astrologer in real life who was incredibly skilled in this area, and could easily tell everyone whom he met what Sun signs they were. I can see it in some people - because I have studied this for some time, though not so deeply, and everyone should know that there are not only one facial and body type of each sign, but a great varieties, and the matter is further complicated by the fact that some aspects will alter the appearance to such an extent that the person may look like another sign than he/she is. This is not a thread about beauty, but about physical appearance in general.

I have for some time been very fascinated by the so called "Plutonic look" and whenever I see someone with Sun-Pluto aspects, I recognize the eyes, the characteristic gaze. It is so strikingly unmistakable that this makes me unable to doubt the validity of astrology - and how exact it actually is. Yesterday I saw an interview with a woman on TV. I immediately noticed the eyes, so I decided to see if her Sun was aspecting Pluto. And yes, she had a trine.

Other examples are adverse aspects to the Sun by Saturn, which sometimes gives a skull-like/corpse-like look, one thinks of a skeleton skull, if you know what I mean. This is of course not always the case, but whenever I see it, I find Sun in square to Saturn. I have not yet found this in the opposition. But Saturn's adverse aspects to the Sun gives a less expressive and lively appearance, since the Sun's energy is blocked. It is kind of essential to understand basic physiological principles here, and be able to determine the physical and mental health from the natal horoscope. If the chart indicates health, the personal appearance should, at least normally, be more expressive, lively, energetic and attractive. People with a lot of energy, individuals whose nervous systems are sound and charged with animal life, will often have slightly rosy cheeks, sharp facial features, bright, clear eyes, be stout and well nourished, with eyes that are open to the world around them. When the nervous system is not intact, that is, when the nervous energies are low, as seen in the mentally ill, the traumatized, and the elderly, the appearance is always affected, often to such an extent that the person looks like an entirely different person. A pale face, vacant but sort of troubled eyes, soft features, fair hair and a thin framework indicates that a person is of low vitality. Naturally there are people who are more "physical" and people who are more "mental" and the former class has stronger, more robust bodies, whereas the latter are, as a general rule, more delicate. Every pale and thin person with vacant eyes is not necessarily a sick person, but that person may be more receptive, more instrospective and more nervous than a stout person. There are of course exceptions, but artistic people, or people who are very nervous, analytical and reflective by nature, are of more delicate build than the fleshy lumberjack. The vital energies of the Sun are more concentrated in the body, in the muscels and the bones in the lumberjack, so that the nervous system is rendered less sensitive; such a man is not likely to be a victim of depression or excessive introspection; he is more resistant to negative influences, but he receives not the same, deep impressions of creativity that can inspire the more sensitive individuals. The lumberjack type is more simple, not nearly as sophisticated as creative and intellectual people can be, but his life tends to be happier, albeit not as "deep". He lives in the external world, first and foremost, whereas the nervous, the creative, the artistic, the introspective, lives first and foremost "in the head". It should hardly be needed to add that the world consists of more than just these opposites; but people tend to be more like the one or other. Some people will experience both spectrums and be more "lumberjacky" at some point, and more of the nervous type at another. As a general rule, I think, that when the chart is fire dominant, we tend to find an individual of the lumberjack type, and when the chart is water dominant, we have the typical reflective, nervous and sensitive person - not all are nervous however, but definitely more sensitive, to both good and bad influences. Some people are also, basically, at their core, very fiery individuals, but tough times has made them weaker. Aries people, for instance, are often more Aries-like in youth, but few will keep this exuberant energy with them throughout life, they "burn out" so to speak, and can therefore resemble the other signs. However, the psychological disposition doubtless influences the physical appearance to a great extent. A person who has a fierce look, a rough exterior and solid musculature, is not very likely to be as sensitive and impressionable as a person whose face is pale and inexpressive, and whose muscels are weak and flabby. The physical appearance is, just like the planets, symbolic of something within. Some people will now protest and say; "Well this and that criminal, this and that murderer, looked very kind and gentle but they turned out to be bad people", and I can understand that, but I insist that my claims are correct, and if one takes some time to study the appearance of criminals, vicious and immoral persons, one will in nine cases out of ten, find some peculiarities in the appearance, something ”impure”. This is a sensitive subject for some, because nobody wants to be judged solely on physical appearance, and we should not judge others without knowing their character. But, everything is symbolic in nature, and that is what amazes me the most about this world. I also want to develop my ability to understand people. Would it not be a wonderful thing to be able to tell which sign a person is born under, and even calculate what Moon and ascendant that person has, and by so doing immediately know a great deal of that person's psychological makeup?

Before I continue on my astrological observations on appearance, I would like to add that it is actually possible, to a certain degree, to change a psychological disposition for better or worse. Alcohol, drugs and nutritional excess will in time exhaust the bodily energies, and when the body is exhausted the mind is rendered weaker and more impressionable. A person who was energetic and tough in youth, becomes a sentimental and tired individual in his later years, because his energies are exhausted. A person who was born weak and sensitive may build himself up by eating healthy, exercising, being moderate in everything, and can by so doing, develop into a more confident, stable self. The nervous system can be toned up by special measures, but that is another thread. But health must be determined from the horoscope to give an accurate description of the appearance.

Physical appearance for women
Women's appearances are of course very influenced by the Sun and the ascendant, but their Moon signs tend to be more important than it is for men, especially in respect to their eyes. When Sun is in aspect to Pluto, and Moon is in Aries in a woman's chart, the eyes are often small, almond-shaped and piercing, as well as clear and bright.

When the Moon is placed in Taurus in a woman's chart, the eyes got that sensual Taurus touch to them, not necessarily tired-looking, but not really looking like they are eager to do something; in short, there is something very comfortable and lazy about Taurus-Moon eyes.

When the Moon is placed in Pisces, there is usually something very Piscean about their appearance. Grace Kelly has Moon in Pisces, and she looks very Piscean, but Neptune is sextile her ascendant too. I was actually a little surprised when I saw that her ascendant was in Scorpio. And in spite of strong Plutonic and Scorpionic influences in her chart, she looks very compassionate, though it is somewhat hidden beneath the Scorpio facade.

When planets are aspecting the ascendant, they add their character to the physical appearance.

Sun: when placed in the first house in conjunction with the ascendant, it brightens up the appearance and makes it lighter, regardless of ethnicity. Scorpio and Sagittarius ascendants will frequently make the appearance kind of dark, dark hair and dark eyes etc, but if Sun is placed in the first, in connection to the ascendant, then blonde hair and blue hair is frequently seen even with those ascendants. Sun gives, at best, a honorable look, a sunny and happy countenance. If Sun is afflicted here in the first by Saturn, this does not apply.

Moon: If conjunction to the ascendant, it gives a kind, compassionate appearance, and the eyes tend to be rather big, round and watery, maybe sad. If the ascendant is in a water sign, then the eyes may look very sensitive but beautiful as well. These people look kind and never mean.
Mercury: In short; it makes the person look rational and intelligent, perhaps a little cold, in bad case scenario can even look dishonest. The person can also look very curious, like a Gemini or a Virgo. They can also look somewhat nervous and stressed out, as if they were busy and on their way to some place, all the time.

Venus: Of course adds beauty, form and symmetry to the face. Crooked teeth or marked assymmetry I do not think I have seen in anyone with Venus conjunct ascendant. The face is not rough, but youthful with slightly soft features, though Venus does not soften the features as much as Neptune does. It does not matter if the person is attractive or not, Venus aspecting ascendant, especially by conjunction, will always add a certain symmetry and form to the face. The person is very likely photogenic, and looks good from every angle, or at least not bad from any. The vast majority of outstanding models have Venus in aspect to their ascendants. T

Mars: Gives an energetic, assertive and martian quality to the appearance if it no other factors indicate otherwise. Megan Fox is a good example of this; she looks so martian and tough, as if she has boundless courage and strength. Her Mars is conjunct her ascendant. Mars here gives rosy cheeks and sharp features. The eyes can be very similar to ”the Plutonic/Scorpionic gaze” but are not as deep and penetrating, though very intense and energetic. A marked sexual vibe is common I think.

Jupiter: Jupiter in aspect to the ascendant will give a jovial look and a big smile. The eyes are ”wise”, generous and sympathetic, but not sentimental. The conjunction will often result in a healthy build; so that the native is endowed with good digestion, therefore a tendency to overweight is common, but this can manifest as simply being tall, or robust. They look kind of calm, normally, as if they are peaceful on the inside. There is some curiosity to the eyes as well, but not in that Virgoan, eager way, more like in a patient way. These aspects, especially the conjunction I think, will make the native look noble. There is a tendency for all facial features to be enlarged.

Saturn: Saturn conjunct the ascendant gives bone structure to the face, or the face may be totally the opposite – soft and flabby, depending on aspect. The person looks, with the conjunction, older than his/her peers in youth, but often stays ”young” (does not age badly) throughout life. If in adverse aspect, the eyes often looks troubled and unapproachable, kind of cold and so introspective that it seems impossible for anyone to obtain an ounce of sympathy from him/her. Paradoxically, the Saturnian inner torment does not reveal itself, but the person can have an air of superiority, often unconsciously. The person can look stern and just simply... cold and hard. At its best however, the person looks serious and reliable, competent and secure.

Uranus: Can make the appearance look awkward or eccentric in some way, and it is impossible to tell how, because it is kind of unique. The face and appearance, as well as the body, is as if electrified with nervous energy and the person can be very high-strung. Adolf Hitler had the conjunction and he spoke as if he had electric cables connected to him, and also had this very unusual appearance. James Dean had also the conjunction and there is something highly unusual and eccentric about his looks, but he was an Aquarius after all.

Neptune: Neptune softens and even dissolves everything it touches; and this goes for appearance too. If placed on the ascendant, it softens the facial features and gives it a childlike look. Flat noses, soft, small ears and fair hair and thin skin is very common. The eyes are often of an outerwordly character, as if the person is not really there, like they are dreaming. They look sensitive, receptive and emotional, and distant, and often considerably younger for their years. The eyes are watery and big.

Pluto: Can give a darker touch to the appearance, and either make it intimidating, probing or magnetic in some way. The eyes are often very intense and piercing, or brooding and deep. There is often an unmistakable sexual vibe. They are quietly authoritative. Sun-Pluto aspects are even more powerful. The eyes are either small, almond-shaped, focused and intense, or very deep and brooding.

I want to give you a link to two youtube videos. One being a part of a playlist.
First being cosmetique astrology. She is a vedic astrologer and does follow the sidereal zodiac. However, she's on point about the physical appearance.

She analyzes physical appearance accordingly to the decan(nakshatra) of the sign.

I use tropical zodiac as I have been convinced about the legitimacy about it, but greatly rely on the nakshatras(decans). So this is what I think: nakshatras stay the same, the signs that THEY ARE IN have changed in the last thousands of years. That has to do with equinoxes and other things but that discussion will be saved for a different time.

Here's one of her videos, you can find the rest of her videos in her youtube channel. Basically there are 27 nakshatras(decans) and each nakshatra is ruled by a particular sign. Accordingly, the nakshatras ruled by the same planet will share particular traits not only in personality but also their appearance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgLVknU5AOo

The second video is from a tropical western astrologer Santos Bonnaci

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhzediNStvU&t=4258s

This goes into depth about the zodiac signs and their facial structures. He gives emphasis on the sun saying how it is the most prominant indicator when it comes to appearance but also says that the moon and ascendent play MORE of a part if you were born at night time.

So after going through these videos, what I would analyze is what facial shape the person has and maybe even the body type and to definitely personality, demeaneor etc. Then I would look at how big the eyes are, the lips, the bone structure, etc and this will tell you what nakshatra they are in and what planet ruling the nakshatra(decan ) they are in is influencing their appearance.

I'm getting better at recognizing signs. I've recognized two people's signs recently and got it right. I'll give you an example just to demonstrate.

Indra Verma-she was also in the game of thrones-I watched her in kama sutra yesterday and I guessed right away she was a libra. God was she irresistable in that movie. She has an oval face, almond eyes, and a very symmetrical face altogether.

Let me tell you something else. Anyone that looks like Kate Upton, Anna Nicole Smith most likely has a mars ruled nakshatra. I've seen it so many times.

https://www.cosmetiqueastrology.com/
This site is very important. The same youtuber that made the first video to the link I put in.

Anyways, there are definitely other factors. Katy Perry looks like zooey deschenel. One is triple capricorn and the other is triple scorpio but also katy perry has saturn on her ascendent and mercury also conjunct her ascendent. Whereas zooey has mercury conjunct ascendent with a capricorn ascendent.

So definitely like traditional astrology says, the Ascendent I would say is probably the most important.

Your analysis on signs is very interesting. I have moon in taurus and I've been actually told I have sleepy eyes. LOL Other than that, I would definitely range from one end of the spectrum to the other in terms of the nervous and skinny archetype to the healthy. Sun in Capricorn. Ascendent in libra

The sun with the ascendent in my opinion doesn't always make one lightest. In my opinion it gives a sort of vitamin D rich appearance golden tan type of appearance. Think hooter girl tans, maybe slightly lighter. They're never the fairest though. I think the water signs give a very fair appearance. I have sun square ascendent. I am of south asian descent (bangladesh) and one side of my family include those with green eyes, and some with really fair skin.(which is very uncommon for bengalis) I am lighter than most of the people in my country(not that it's a good thing) but fair I am not. My skin tone is the colour of coffee and no green eyes unfortunately.

Animatrix

I want to give you a link to two youtube videos. One being a part of a playlist.
First being cosmetique astrology. She is a vedic astrologer and does follow the sidereal zodiac. However, she's on point about the physical appearance.

She analyzes physical appearance accordingly to the decan(nakshatra) of the sign.

I use tropical zodiac as I have been convinced about the legitimacy about it, but greatly rely on the nakshatras(decans). So this is what I think: nakshatras stay the same, the signs that THEY ARE IN have changed in the last thousands of years. That has to do with equinoxes and other things but that discussion will be saved for a different time.

Here's one of her videos, you can find the rest of her videos in her youtube channel. Basically there are 27 nakshatras(decans) and each nakshatra is ruled by a particular sign. Accordingly, the nakshatras ruled by the same planet will share particular traits not only in personality but also their appearance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgLVknU5AOo

The second video is from a tropical western astrologer Santos Bonnaci

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhzediNStvU&t=4258s

This goes into depth about the zodiac signs and their facial structures. He gives emphasis on the sun saying how it is the most prominant indicator when it comes to appearance but also says that the moon and ascendent play MORE of a part if you were born at night time.

So after going through these videos, what I would analyze is what facial shape the person has and maybe even the body type and to definitely personality, demeaneor etc. Then I would look at how big the eyes are, the lips, the bone structure, etc and this will tell you what nakshatra they are in and what planet ruling the nakshatra(decan ) they are in is influencing their appearance.

I'm getting better at recognizing signs. I've recognized two people's signs recently and got it right. I'll give you an example just to demonstrate.

Indra Verma-she was also in the game of thrones-I watched her in kama sutra yesterday and I guessed right away she was a libra. God was she irresistable in that movie. She has an oval face, almond eyes, and a very symmetrical face altogether.

Let me tell you something else. Anyone that looks like Kate Upton, Anna Nicole Smith most likely has a mars ruled nakshatra. I've seen it so many times.

https://www.cosmetiqueastrology.com/
This site is very important. The same youtuber that made the first video to the link I put in.

Anyways, there are definitely other factors. Katy Perry looks like zooey deschenel. One is triple capricorn and the other is triple scorpio but also katy perry has saturn on her ascendent and mercury also conjunct her ascendent. Whereas zooey has mercury conjunct ascendent with a capricorn ascendent.

So definitely like traditional astrology says, the Ascendent I would say is probably the most important.

Your analysis on signs is very interesting. I have moon in taurus and I've been actually told I have sleepy eyes. LOL Other than that, I would definitely range from one end of the spectrum to the other in terms of the nervous and skinny archetype to the healthy. Sun in Capricorn. Ascendent in libra

The sun with the ascendent in my opinion doesn't always make one lightest. In my opinion it gives a sort of vitamin D rich appearance golden tan type of appearance. Think hooter girl tans, maybe slightly lighter. They're never the fairest though. I think the water signs give a very fair appearance. I have sun square ascendent. I am of south asian descent (bangladesh) and one side of my family include those with green eyes, and some with really fair skin.(which is very uncommon for bengalis) I am lighter than most of the people in my country(not that it's a good thing) but fair I am not. My skin tone is the colour of coffee and no green eyes unfortunately.

Interesting, will check it. I have tried a Little vedic astrology but don't know much about it, but they are very precise about birth time, right? They want to know the exact second?

I will check the links.

I think the Moon in particular is very important in a woman's chart when it comes to the eyes, but when I Think about it - my sister is actually born at night. She has such classic Taurus Moon eyes, in spite of her Sagittarius Sun and Libra ascendant.

Animatrix

Mercury conjunct the ascendant will, in my opinion, add a certain "foxy" or dog-like quality to the face. A good example is Taylor Swift, but as you said Katy Perry has this aspect to. Mercury is not a very masculine planet. I have read some old literature about astrology and appearance, and together with my own observations I have concluded that each sign (Libra and Aquarius exceptions) have an animal touch to it - this is of course well known for some signs but I have listed some of my own observations.

Aries - Sheep/Ram-like features to the face and frame (not ugly, but rather majestetic)
Taurus - Of course, here there are cow/bull-like features, yet as unattractive this may sound, remember that Taurus are often the most Beautiful.
Gemini - Dog-like features, and this is often very marked. Just look at Trump, Errol Flynn in his older years, etc. the "doggy" appearance is sometimes very marked in Geminis. The personality is also much like a dog's - playful, happy and a Little mischievious.
Cancer - The face is not so much marked by crab-like features, but sometimes it is, and the gait is often very crab-like, especially when the person gets older.
Leo - Strong feline features on the face. Arnold Schwarzenegger is a good example.
Virgo - A foxy appearance. Sean Connery, Hugh Grant, Cameron Diaz. The foxy appearance is very striking in some Virgos.
Libra - Human, no resemblance to any animal.
Scorpio - It's difficult to say, but there is something reptilian/Lizard/Scorpio/primitive touch to their appearance.
Sagittarius - Horse like features sometimes.
Capricorn - Goat-like features. The teeth are often even, marked canines very rare.
Aquarius - Human.
Pisces - a "fishy" look.

I will give you some examples with Pictures.

Last edited:

Animatrix

Sean Connery. The "foxy" quality to his appearance is very marked in my opinion. Slightly cunning, very intelligent, not strong and powerful in that martian or plutonic way, but here's a man who is made strong because of his intelligence and cunning.

84651709.jpg

sc010.jpg.600x1000_q85.jpg

connery.jpg

His dimples are very similar to that of hugh grant:
hugh-grant-9318171-1-402.jpg

I have spent some time with foxes and they make sometimes the classical expressions of Virgos. Remember - Foxes are very Virgoan by nature, cunning; tricky, highly intelligent, analytical and indirect.

Here; a woman:
diaz-cameron-image.jpg

The foxy features of her face are so marked that she would make a perfect animated fox in Movies, haha.

Ukpoohbear

Regarding Taylor Swift, astro has her birth time at 5:30 and her Mercury is in the second house.

I looked at Grace Kelly’s chart too she is so beautiful. Her and Taylor both have Mars on the ascendant. Also, Taylor Swift has Pluto in 12th (wow a fierce opponent) but also moon conjuncy Jupiter, so kind and generous. It is a lovely placement.

Animatrix

Morgan Freeman:
morgan_freeman.jpg

1205-morgan-freeman-getty-7.jpg

Donald Trump:
donald-trump1.jpg

Errol Flynn in his later years, almost wolf-like features:
Flynnbigsmile.jpg

Here Gemini - dog like features. I listed two not so Beautiful examples, but remember, Angelina Jolie for instance has a puppy-like look, and Gemini can be extremely cute and Beautiful.

Animatrix

Regarding Taylor Swift, astro has her birth time at 5:30 and her Mercury is in the second house.

I looked at Grace Kelly’s chart too she is so beautiful. Her and Taylor both have Mars on the ascendant. Also, Taylor Swift has Pluto in 12th (wow a fierce opponent) but also moon conjuncy Jupiter, so kind and generous. It is a lovely placement.

I'm pretty sure that it is incorrect and that astrotheme has the correct birth time. Taylor Swift looks not like a Scorpio Asc with Pluto conjunct it.

Grace Kelly does not have Mars conjunct ascendant either, but Venus and Mercury.