How to decrease pride

Bina

I don't know what you read, but indigos are definitely not spoiled brats...
It's a complex subject, so will think, and try and get back to you with more info later on (am a little busy right now). I do feel from what i know of you that some of the indigo traits fit you quite well, also your spiritual interests and practices...

you can find some useful info on sunfell's site (but not all traits fit all indigos!):

http://www.sunfell.com/adult.htm

http://www.sunfell.com/indigo.htm

Bina

It's an idea that is supported by the buddhists (correct me if I'm wrong) who claim that this is the age of 1,000 buddhas, that is evolved spiritual beings coming to Earth to act as a counter- force for the darkness of this age.

In Revelation it is mentioned that there are 144000 souls who are the servants of God...
These numbers may be symbolic, and I doubt whether they refer only to indigos as there are others here to help at this time as well.

Ukpoohbear

Sorry to interrupt how do you find out if you are a servant of God? I would be very interested to learn about all the religion in the world.

aldebaran

You are one of the firsts of the fire Pluto in Sagittarius generation, a little older person than yourself is already Scorpio.

Looking at your Nodes, the South Node in 4th Aries might indicate that you are pride of your roots - your origins, your emotional background. And you behave about it in an impulsive way!

It has a good and a bad side. Usually, issues with South Node is that we are "so good" on being this way, that it harms us. You are talented at that, but it's not enough: what attracts you is the Dragon head: being very serious, and yet lovely, calm and easy.

I guess this post you made is pretty much the opposite of having excessive pride, and even asking "how should I reduce pride" is quite paradoxal. So I guess you are thrilling already a path of being a mix of Saturn and Venus.

I believe the North Node is like that motto of "beginners have luck" - we don't know much of the area, but it's so bright and appealing to us, that we can do much better even than people already talented on that.

We should go incorporating North Node traits on our lives, in order that we can't escape from them.
The South Node, though, tends to always appear, we are already very good on it... And specially if we lose control of our days, if we are in a difficult circumstance, we tend to fall in South Node's trap.
But again, this Saturn and Venus combination might always feel very appealing to you, in order that you'll get better and better on it how more you walk in it's direction.

conspiracy theorist

I read them Bina, even the 4 part piece about who Indigos are. You actually jogged my memory there as I read it way back when too.

It's hit or miss to me. If I am to hop on board the Indigo train I'd have to get into contact with someone who legitimately can read auras and ask them wjhat they see in my field.

In regard to many of the traits listed, I can see myself in a good number of them but I still don't believe that that's enough to classify myself as an Indigo. My view on this is that it can be a useful idea or identity for people to take up as it might help them to better themselves and operate more comfortably/ably in the world but apart from that it lacks a certain amount of depth.

conspiracy theorist

Sorry to interrupt how do you find out if you are a servant of God? I would be very interested to learn about all the religion in the world.

With your desire, I don't see why you need an answer for that question. If you're interested in religious knowledge I'd say you should find a faith that you are drawn to and begin learning about it and doing the practices specific to it. The internet is a great resource to help you in that regard.

conspiracy theorist

You are one of the firsts of the fire Pluto in Sagittarius generation, a little older person than yourself is already Scorpio.

Looking at your Nodes, the South Node in 4th Aries might indicate that you are pride of your roots - your origins, your emotional background. And you behave about it in an impulsive way!

It has a good and a bad side. Usually, issues with South Node is that we are "so good" on being this way, that it harms us. You are talented at that, but it's not enough: what attracts you is the Dragon head: being very serious, and yet lovely, calm and easy.

I guess this post you made is pretty much the opposite of having excessive pride, and even asking "how should I reduce pride" is quite paradoxal. So I guess you are thrilling already a path of being a mix of Saturn and Venus.

I believe the North Node is like that motto of "beginners have luck" - we don't know much of the area, but it's so bright and appealing to us, that we can do much better even than people already talented on that.

We should go incorporating North Node traits on our lives, in order that we can't escape from them.
The South Node, though, tends to always appear, we are already very good on it... And specially if we lose control of our days, if we are in a difficult circumstance, we tend to fall in South Node's trap.
But again, this Saturn and Venus combination might always feel very appealing to you, in order that you'll get better and better on it how more you walk in it's direction.

You have a point but I don't think it's quite as simple as that. I am sure you are aware of addicts or other compulsive people who have a conscious awareness and even desire to eradicate some behaviour or tendency, yet still they relapse and fall prey to the very same tendency that they are trying to stymie.

In the comfort of my own inner sanctum, when I have time to contemplate I can see instances throughout the day where these self same tendencies show themselves during my everyday life. Once I have distance, it's easy to see my problem, but during the act, this distance is none existent; get the picture?

I don't often get a read on my nodes so thank you for giving your take on it. I see the interplay of my nodes as using my innate direction and independence (Aries) for the societal benefit of all (Libra 10/11th) which will result in a greater power and advancement in my home nation (Aries/4th). There are a number of ideas in the pipeline that I have regarding that but those are decades down the line.

Ukpoohbear

With your desire, I don't see why you need an answer for that question. If you're interested in religious knowledge I'd say you should find a faith that you are drawn to and begin learning about it and doing the practices specific to it. The internet is a great resource to help you in that regard.

Yes but I want to be a servant of God. I will die for God if I am promised Glory.

Kuntuzangmo

Awareness of the issue, having interest and curiosity about it, combined with the motivation to change it is far more than half the battle!

Yes, you may have a strong habit, but impermanence is how things are, change is our nature. Since you mentioned Buddhist thought, there are numerous approaches you can take. Having a firm determination to change is a first step, and revisiting this determination/motivation every day will help you to keep to it. This will start, over time, to erode the old habit.
Countering the habit directly with thoughts, feelings, and actions that put others first will again, undermine the habit. Also taking time, quietly, to contemplate, for instance, who/what is this "I" that is so arrogant? Where does it reside? Is it my body? Is it my speech? Is it my thought? What are its qualities and so forth. You might be surprised what you find.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

Last edited:

Bina

I read them Bina, even the 4 part piece about who Indigos are. You actually jogged my memory there as I read it way back when too.

It's hit or miss to me. If I am to hop on board the Indigo train I'd have to get into contact with someone who legitimately can read auras and ask them wjhat they see in my field.

In regard to many of the traits listed, I can see myself in a good number of them but I still don't believe that that's enough to classify myself as an Indigo. My view on this is that it can be a useful idea or identity for people to take up as it might help them to better themselves and operate more comfortably/ably in the world but apart from that it lacks a certain amount of depth.

If you were an Indigo, you would know and identify with most traits. It usually kind of clicks with people - or it doesn't.
Indigos are often accused of being proud or arrogant, but it is actually more like they know certain things and can be very sure of themselves. They also often have an awareness of their own power and their divine nature, and this can be mistaken as pride or arrogance by others who don't understand them.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Awareness of the issue, having interest and curiosity about it, combined with the motivation to change it is far more than half the battle!

Yes, you may have a strong habit, but impermanence is how things are, change is our nature. Since you mentioned Buddhist thought, there are numerous approaches you can take. Having a firm determination to change is a first step, and revisiting this determination/motivation every day will help you to keep to it. This will start, over time, to erode the old habit.
Countering the habit directly with thoughts, feelings, and actions that put others first will again, undermine the habit. Also taking time, quietly, to contemplate, for instance, who/what is this "I" that is so arrogant? Where does it reside? Is it my body? Is it my speech? Is it my thought? What are its qualities and so forth. You might be surprised what you find.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

Good advice KZ, I appreciate it. I must say reading some of this makes me feel internal opposition so that's a good sign to give these steps some consideration.