Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Introduce Yourself and Your Astrology Background

Introduce Yourself and Your Astrology Background Here you are welcome to tell us as much or as little about yourself as you please while also talking about your interest in astrology: we would love to get to know you! Please do not post requests for astrological chart readings or astrological advertisements here.

Unread 03-07-2012, 11:48 AM

New kid on the block!

Hi ,

Just joined this wonderful community.

I am from India and practice Vedic Astrology as well as KP Astrology for past several years.

Recently I developed some interest in Western Astrology and hence joined this forum.

I am a Software programmer too (in fact that is my day job) and I have developed my own software for all Astrological work I do in my spare time.

I am thinking of taking rather early retirement from my day job and devote full time for Astrology.

At present my focus is on Solar Arc and Secondary progression.

I would highly appreciate if any learned member of this community provide me some pointers in that direction.

I can assist anybody interested in basics of Vedic / KP Astrology.

Sorry for my bad English as that is not my primary language.

Regards

SUhasG

Unread 03-07-2012, 01:16 PM

Re: New kid on the block!

Hi and welcome suhasg,

i would be so curious for you to have a look at my vedic chart, since i practice mostly western astrology and know very little about vedic. Am in saturn- ketu dasa, is that good or bad?
Unread 03-08-2012, 02:31 AM

Thanks.

It is rather incorrect to comment on "whether XX Dasha YY Bhuki is good or bad ?" like question unless a detailed study of birth chart is done .

I can certainly spare some time to look at your chart according to Vedic / KP System of Astrology. For that you need to provide me your birth details.
1> Birth date (if the birth time is around midnight till 5:00 AM provide both date like 2/3 Mar 19XX)
2> Birth time (24 hr format)
3> Time Zone (+/- wrt GMT)
4> Any DST / WAR time correction applicable by that date and time
5> Exact birth place , if born in big cities you need to provide the suburbs also or better search on Google Eath /wikimapia and find out exact co-ordinates of the place.

Many time Birth time is recorded as a figure rounded to nearest quarter of an hour like 2:00 PM, 3:30 AM, 7:00 PM etc so a correction is also required. For that I need some past events in your life such as :

a> Education : level, subjects, year of completion
b> First job joining date
c> Date of marriage
d> Date of child birth
e> Major accidents, surgical procedures
f> Making / breaking partnerships including marriage

If you can provide all these details then certainly I could be of some help to you.

PM me so that I can give you my email id for any further communications.

Hope this helps

Regards

Last edited by suhasg; 03-08-2012 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Typos
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:40 AM

Hello suhasg,

Welcome to the forum and how very nice to meet you. I think your English skills are great.

There is a Verdic sub forum here on Astrology Weekly also, located in "other Astrology" that you may enjoy visiting because of your knowledge.

TK

The Latest Blog
Unread 03-08-2012, 11:42 AM

Thanks for the good words. I am checking the Vedic Astrology sub section finding many informative posts there.

Regards

Tags
block