Why won't he speak to me?

scahm

I recently ended a friends-with-benefits situation with a guy and whilst the breakup was his idea and I still like him, we agreed to be friends and stay on good terms. Despite my efforts though, he's stopped speaking to me - does this chart show why?

He's sitting in his intercepted third, so there's some blockage of some sort. There's no reception from him to me, but his 5th house ruler is still in the sign of my exaltation. I would think that Sun/Venus in 12th shows that he just doesn't think of me, but he still follows and keeps up with my social media and Mars trines Ascendant. His 3rd and 8th cusps are ruled by Venus, so I'm inclined to think that he still thinks of me sexually perhaps? He's currently applying to Chiron on the cusp of his 1st house - is he hurt about something? My guess is that he's avoiding contact in case it turns sexual and he doesn't want to hurt my feelings.

He's in the sign of and aspecting Mercury, which I would assume to be another person, but it rules his sixth and intercepted third - I know he's busy with work so is this what the chart is showing or is Mercury definitely another person in the picture?

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 19.27.59.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 19.27.59.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 19.28.05.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 19.28.05.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 25

waybread

You are symbolized by Venus. I assigned him to the 7th house, although the 5th or 11th would be possibilities. My guess is that he either (a) wanted more freedom than the relationship was giving him (Mars in the 9th conjunct NN) or (b) he wanted the opportunity to find an actual committed romantic relationship-- which would be tricky so long as he had a "friend with benefits" on the side.

Whether or not he is interested in a particular person now (Mercury) it would be hard for him to start something new if your relationship remained intact.

Your significator Venus is in his turned 12th house, so something about your relationship probably struck him as secretive or even deceptive.

Venus is exalted in Pisces but it's headed for a smash-up with the sun (combustion) so I am wondering if your idea of keeping in touch seemed, to him, to be more of the same-old, same-old; and maybe he wants to remain at arm's length.

There's a certain amount of heartbreak here, with Chiron in the 7th.

scahm

You are symbolized by Venus. I assigned him to the 7th house, although the 5th or 11th would be possibilities. My guess is that he either (a) wanted more freedom than the relationship was giving him (Mars in the 9th conjunct NN) or (b) he wanted the opportunity to find an actual committed romantic relationship-- which would be tricky so long as he had a "friend with benefits" on the side.

Whether or not he is interested in a particular person now (Mercury) it would be hard for him to start something new if your relationship remained intact.

Your significator Venus is in his turned 12th house, so something about your relationship probably struck him as secretive or even deceptive.

Venus is exalted in Pisces but it's headed for a smash-up with the sun (combustion) so I am wondering if your idea of keeping in touch seemed, to him, to be more of the same-old, same-old; and maybe he wants to remain at arm's length.

There's a certain amount of heartbreak here, with Chiron in the 7th.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, waybread.

I think freedom definitely played into our 'breakup' - it's interesting as we're still in lockdown, so our relationship was entirely virtual and I tried to give him a lot of space, but he still ended things rather abruptly. My assumption is that this came from a place of guilt after an argument when I told him the situation was making me feel cheap and wasn't meeting my needs. I think he understood this to mean that I perhaps wanted more from the relationship than I did - it would therefore make sense that I'd be sitting combust in his 12th house.

He initially also told me that he wasn't in a position to start a new romantic relationship as he was returning to education whilst still working, so wouldn't have the time. I'm aware this may just be an excuse however and he's just not that into me but I wonder whether that is what Mercury might reflect.

Sorry, you mention Chiron in the 7th showing heartbreak - on whose side? I am struggling with the lack of contact, but I wished this bothered him too.

waybread

I suspect both.

I don't know if he's the kind of guy given to show his feelings, but many of them are not. I think it comes with the y chromosome. :wink: