What would you tell your younger self in one brief phone call from the Future?

david starling

Well, you only get one brief call, and you can go back anywhere from a week to 50 years. Might be able to avoid something really bad that has happened to you, or make a lot of money from a hot tip, or do something you regret not having done when you still could have done it, etc. If you can quickly convince your younger self it's not a prank, and talk fast enough, maybe all of the above!

AppLeo

-ring ring-

Younger Self: "Who is this?"

Future Self: Hi, this is your future self calling! :w00t:

Younger: Wtf are you talking about. -hangs up phone-

Okay but seriously, I'd actually tell myself that learning how to drive isn't that scary, that one girl that wanted to be friends with you actually wanted to get in your pants, you should do whatever you can to convince your parents that moving to a new state will be the worst idea ever, and learn to be more positive rather than negative.

Julijana

I would say:
-don't do so many tattoo's and other body modification. And don't date that ginger guy, he's a stalker

animatedoodle

Hmm

FD: Hey
PD: Whats up?
FD: Don't befriend these people *insert 3 names* They are so terrible for you, I don't have enough time to tell you the bazillion reasons why you should not befriend them. Stay away! I'm warning you!
PD: But I don't have any other friends! Noone likes me!
FD: You will be surprised how many people actually like you. Now, stop being so hell bent on hating yourself and wanting to punish yourself. Once you stop, you can be free and people will then be free to love you. You are not so terrible.
Be humble and -
PD: I thought you said you didn't have enough time to tell me why I can't be friends with those people. Are they nice?
FD: NO. You don't even know what nice is!
PD: I know you're not nice...Geez...so boring...
FD: You will LOSE TEN YEARS OFF YOUR LIFE IF YOU BEFRIEND THEM. The habits they make in you....are AWFUL. So what are you going to do?
PD: Be alone. Forever..?
FD: No. Till you reach University.
PD: *big 11 year old sigh* At least I have my cat..
FD: And your sister...
PD: I guess...

And I still would not be convinced she would listen to me. :whistling:

Cap

If I could contact myself BEFORE I WAS BORN here on Earth my message would be:

"Choose different planet." :lol:

Blaze

Account Closed
Actually, I've a sort of counter question: What would your younger self think of your current self?

Mine would probably say "Wtf happened? Where did it all go wrong?" to which we'd have a long conversation on habits to avoid and so forth.

But to answer the the question - I'd tell him not to spend so much time in isolation.

Oh an I'd tell him to accept a marriage proposal from a raven haired beauty....

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Well, you only get one brief call, and you can go back anywhere from a week to 50 years.
Might be able to avoid something really bad that has happened to you, or make a lot of money from a hot tip,
or do something you regret not having done when you still could have done it, etc.
If you can quickly convince your younger self it's not a prank, and talk fast enough, maybe all of the above!
Moi: Hi! There's no time like the present :smile:
notice a flash of lightning just lit up the sky by your window
simultaneously a record button appeared on your phone
I installed it remotely from a location where time is irrelevant
as proof my call is for real

- listen to the music - press record now
replay often

THE PRESENT HAS THE POWER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO1TcckJBGw

conspiracy theorist

I'd tell my younger self to go to a different high school and never stop doing their track and field programme. I'd also tell him to get a ******* phone (the opportunities I've missed...)

katydid

I would just reassure my younger self, and promise her that her life improved considerably. And tell her to relax and enjoy the ride.

In some ways I kind of feel that I did do what you described. I did a 4 day past life regression workshop and I got in touch with a powerful past incarnation. I felt like I did mentally/emotionally connect with my past life 'self' in an astral way, and that was enlightening.

SirHorns

Younger Self: Hello?
Older Self: Future self speaking, just know that everything will be alright.
Young Self: Da ****!?

AppLeo

Me Now telling Me Then: Sun in 7th house

"one day, you will wake up, at some age and place in time, and realize that the life you have been living has been for everyone else's benefit. then what are you going to do? i suggest you read the hebrew and greek scriptures, paying special attention to proverbs."

How in the world does greek and hebrew proverbs help someone in the 7th house??

aniani

I don't think I have to do much convincing to my younger self exactly a year ago. I will say "Don't get into a relationship with him. He will make use of you and break your heart terribly. Get out NOWWW."

La Croix

What a fun question! I do Reiki on my younger self/selves from time to time, so I know just what I'd say: "This is your older, wiser self speaking, and I want you to know that I love you, and I've got your back. Keep progressing."

Tessie

Banned
How in the world does greek and hebrew proverbs help someone in the 7th house??

In the Bible, we see that God chose to reveal Himself to us through the medium of relationship. Even if one does not believe in God, the Bible contains much multi-level wisdom on the topic of relationships, including the relationship we have with the self. Proverbs are part of the Old-Testament Bible. They are written in Hebrew. The New-Testament Bible is written in Greek. Reading the Bible in the original language facilitates much greater extraction of the meaning since, often, Hebrew and Greek words do not translate directly to the English language. One example of this is the biblical term for love (Agapao), the meaning of which is more encompassing than the English meaning and refers, ultimately, to the death of self. Another example is one of the descriptions of what love is not, which is envious. The Greek word for envy means to covet. It is used both negatively and positively, depending on the context. Here, Paul uses it negatively to mean being in a state of eagerness and desire to possess somebody else's life, lifestyle or possession. This contrasts with the same word used in the positive context when it means to have eagerness to serve the Lord. Thus coveting someone else’s lifestyle and walking by Faith cannot co-exist. In the Bible, the Holy Spirit uses the same word in the positive (Life) and the negative (death) sense to highlight to us the motivations of our heart, the error in our perception, to bring conviction against being controlled by the self, or somebody else's self, but rather by the Holy Spirit, Himself. Rather than being true love, coveting is self-love.

JUPITERASC

In the Bible, we see that God chose to reveal Himself to us through the medium of relationship. Even if one does not believe in God, the Bible contains much multi-level wisdom on the topic of relationships, including the relationship we have with the self. Proverbs are part of the Old-Testament Bible. They are written in Hebrew. The New-Testament Bible is written in Greek. Reading the Bible in the original language facilitates much greater extraction of the meaning since, often, Hebrew and Greek words do not translate directly to the English language. One example of this is the biblical term for love (Agapao), the meaning of which is more encompassing than the English meaning and refers, ultimately, to the death of self. Another example is one of the descriptions of what love is not, which is envious. The Greek word for envy means to covet. It is used both negatively and positively, depending on the context. Here, Paul uses it negatively to mean being in a state of eagerness and desire to possess somebody else's life, lifestyle or possession. This contrasts with the same word used in the positive context when it means to have eagerness to serve the Lord. Thus coveting someone else’s lifestyle and walking by Faith cannot co-exist. In the Bible, the Holy Spirit uses the same word in the positive (Life) and the negative (death) sense to highlight to us the motivations of our heart, the error in our perception, to bring conviction against being controlled by the self, or somebody else's self, but rather by the Holy Spirit, Himself. Rather than being true love, coveting is self-love.

GREEK WORDS FOR LOVE include:

Agápe ἀγάπη = love: esp. charity
the love of God for man and of man for God.

Agape is used in ancient texts to denote feelings for one's children and the feelings for a spouse
and it was also used to refer to a love feast. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_words_for_love

slide_11.jpg

slide_3.jpg

Tessie

Banned
GREEK WORDS FOR LOVE include:

Agápe ἀγάπη = love: esp. charity
the love of God for man and of man for God.

Agape is used in ancient texts to denote feelings for one's children and the feelings for a spouse
and it was also used to refer to a love feast. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_words_for_love
Actually, to refine your understanding, the Greek language references four types of love:

1. "Storge," refers to the love between family members.

2. "Eros," refers to the sexual love between spouses or the physical attraction between two people.

3. "Phileo," refers to the warm affection experienced in friendship.

4. "Agape," refers to the Love personified in the Life of Jesus Christ.

Each of the four types of love modulates the quality and the cohesion of all human relationships. However, whereas 1-3 are finite, Agape is infinite. Whereas 1-3 are conditional, Agape is unconditional. Whereas 1-3 occur naturally, Agape is Willful. Whereas 1-3 involve self-serving motives, Agape is selfless. Whereas 1-3 are emotion-dependent, Agape is emotion-independent. The Bible tells us, Agape should be applied to every relationship we have, even with our enemies.

The Holy Spirit chose to use the Greek language to represent Himself to us and so, it stands to reason, we are to interpret the different types of love and Love and take these different interpretations to heart. An inconsistency in the KJV Bible should be noted. Although one word, the word “agape,” is used by the Holy Spirit to represent Love in the New Testament (NT); the KJV translation does not use the word “Love” to represent “agape” in all places. Notably, in 1 Corinthians 13, “agape,” is translated as “charity.” This old-English usage of the word misleads the modern-English reader’s understanding and therefore application of a primary and most important Christian concept. This evidence should convict proponents of KJV-onlyism who discriminate against fellow believers in Christ on the basis of exploring between translations in search for the Truth.

Please note there exists also a love of self, “narcissism,” which is in practical terms a love of sin and characterizes the unsaved believers. It is a destructive force in moral and personal relationships, but an asset to prideful people producing immoral situations. Narcissism is common in the world. Statistics show it is very common in churches where some believers suffer with spiritual pride which, therefore, correlates highly with spiritual abuse.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Actually, the refine your understanding, the Greek language references four types of love:

1. "Storge," refers to the love between family members.

2. "Eros," refers to the sexual love between spouses or the physical attraction between two people.

3. "Phileo," refers to the warm affection experienced in friendship.

4. "Agape," refers to the Love personified in the Life of Jesus Christ.

Each of the four types of love modulates the quality and the cohesion of all human relationships. However, whereas 1-3 are finite, Agape is infinite. Whereas 1-3 are conditional, Agape is unconditional. Whereas 1-3 occur naturally, Agape is Willful. Whereas 1-3 involve self-serving motives, Agape is selfless. Whereas 1-3 are emotion-dependent, Agape is emotion-independent. The Bible tells us, Agape should be applied to every relationship we have, even with our enemies.

The Holy Spirit chose to use the Greek language to represent Himself to us and so, it stands to reason, we are to interpret the different types of love and Love and take these different interpretations to heart. An inconsistency in the KJV Bible should be noted. Although one word, the word “agape,” is used by the Holy Spirit to represent Love in the New Testament (NT); the KJV translation does not use the word “Love” to represent “agape” in all places. Notably, in 1 Corinthians 13, “agape,” is translated as “charity.” This old-English usage of the word misleads the modern-English reader’s understanding and therefore application of a primary and most important Christian concept. This evidence should convict proponents of KJV-onlyism who discriminate against fellow believers in Christ on the basis of exploring between translations in search for the Truth.

Please note there exists also a love of self, “narcissism,” which is in practical terms a love of sin and characterizes the unsaved believers. It is a destructive force in moral and personal relationships, but an asset to prideful people producing immoral situations. Narcissism is common in the world. Statistics show it is very common in churches where some believers suffer with spiritual pride which, therefore, correlates highly with spiritual abuse.
To refine anything read the link I already posted https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_words_for_love :smile: