Aren't we all ...Astrologer51/50 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piercethevale

:bandit:I just wanted to say...aren't we all at times a bit too...? I know I am...and although she was a pain at times...I understood Her passion...and real passion like that is getting harder to find day by day.
I know you can still check in to read the forum Gal...go in peace and maybe we'll meet again in another time...another place ...in cyberspace.
OM Gate Gate Paragate Parasumgate Oh Boddhi Svaha OM:bandit:

Mark

Even the best of us need our wrists slapped from time to time. I'm sure I wasn't privy to all of the interactions between a50 and administration, but I have read a few of her posts recently that made me think, "Whoa... aren't you supposed to be a sweet, old, English lady? How did that post seem like a good idea?" My guess is that there was some pressure in her personal life which caused her to become less tolerant and a little sharper on the forum than usual. Her recent behaviour actually seems a little out of character, so I hope that things improve for her. It would be nice if folks would stop complaining about her days after she's been gone (in the help and suggestions forum). I wonder what they'll all say about me when I'm gone?

ReincarnatedRainbow

Hm, I don't know. I just registered recently, but how others describe astrology50 makes me wonder why she was loved. I'm not saying that she was an all around a horrible person, because I don't know her, and I'm sure she had good qualities. But the only thing that people who are upset over her ban can seem to say to defend her actions is that she was passionae. Which I hardly find a good excuse.

@piercethevale
You are messing with me :crying:

Last edited:

StillOne

Well, astrologer50 was very helpful in many ways. After some contemplation, what, I think, really happened is that because she was not feeling all that well, that she used this forum as an escape and it ended up consuming her, to an extent. She simply spent too much time on here and became very obsessed by it, posting quite a bit as an escape to her current health situation.

When you are posting as much as she did, you are bound to become frustrated as the "work" is essentially endless. What she really needed was a break. She didn't recognize this fact, it seems, and became entangled with and increasingly irritated by some members of the community here and apparently became quite snippy defending her ways and also attacking other's methods. Since she had been warned before, she was banned because she was too opinionated and antagonistic during this sensitive time for her.

It is unfortunate, as she was very knowledgable and eager to help. After all, she did have 14,000 plus posts. Yes she wasn't perfect, but who is? I think, in this last case, that a temporary ban, as another "wake up" should have been enforced. Not a permanent ban. I think it should most likely be a progressive ban length (2 weeks, then one month, 2 months, 6 months, 1 year, etc.). In extremely rare cases should a permanent ban occur.

What a50 brought was discussion and activity (banter). For example, the "read my chart" forum is usually much busier because she was actively in there answering questions thus bumping posts quite a bit. She was a stickler and would keep you on your toes with suggestions, recommendations and corrections. She would also give you enough links that you could spend time away from the forum learning astrology instead of posting.

Anyhow, in my opinion, she's missed in this forum.

Last edited:

Choe

Even the best of us need our wrists slapped from time to time. I'm sure I wasn't privy to all of the interactions between a50 and administration, but I have read a few of her posts recently that made me think, "Whoa... aren't you supposed to be a sweet, old, English lady? How did that post seem like a good idea?" My guess is that there was some pressure in her personal life which caused her to become less tolerant and a little sharper on the forum than usual. Her recent behaviour actually seems a little out of character, so I hope that things improve for her. It would be nice if folks would stop complaining about her days after she's been gone (in the help and suggestions forum). I wonder what they'll all say about me when I'm gone?

Hahha, exactly the same thought I had when I got surprised from some of her posts.

I was like "whoa those immature insults are aloud only to youngsters". :p

Breaking stereotypes &cliches type of woman! :smile:

ReincarnatedRainbow

Well, astrologer50 was very helpful in many ways. After some contemplation, what, I think, really happened is that because she was not feeling all that well, that she used this forum as an escape and it ended up consuming her, to an extent. She simply spent too much time on here and became very obsessed by it, posting quite a bit as an escape to her current health situation.

When you are posting as much as she did, you are bound to become frustrated as the "work" is essentially endless. What she really needed was a break. She didn't recognize this fact, it seems, and became entangled with and increasingly irritated by some members of the community here and apparently became quite snippy defending her ways and also attacking other's methods. Since she had been warned before, she was banned because she was too opinionated and antagonistic.

It is unfortunate, as she was very knowledgable and eager to help. After all, she did have 14,000 plus posts. Yes she wasn't perfect, but who is? I think, in this last case, that a temporary ban, as another "wake up" should have been enforced. Not a permanent ban. I think it should most likely be a progressive ban length (2 weeks, then one month, 2 months, 6 months, 1 year, etc.). In extremely rare cases should a permanent ban occur.

What a50 brought was discussion and activity (banter). For example, the "read my chart" forum is usually much busier because she was actively in there answering questions thus bumping posts quite a bit. She was a stickler and would keep you on your toes with suggestions, recommendations and corrections. She would also give you enough links that you could spend time away from the forum learning astrology instead of posting.

Anyhow, in my opinion, she's missed in this forum.

Thank you. She actually does sound like she would've been fun. I wish I had been on when she was around because I've been on many astrology forums, and they were all either seperated into cliques that had no intention of warmly welcoming newcomers, or everyone was overly critical of my posts and would twist my words to mean something they didn't.

This site, however, is much more relaxed and welcoming. And while I have been attacked on here, most of the members are rather nice and paitent with others. The only thing is that there is very little activity, and I think astrology50 would've definitely livened up the place if she was as busy as everyone says. I can't stand a dead forum. There was this one forum with so much potential, but no activity...I was so sad; I ended up bringing so many members to that place that there was literally more than one hundred posts an hour...But that's beside the point. We're not here to discuss how amazing I am at bringing people together.

I think that the whole temporary and progressive banning idea would be good on any forum.

astrology02

I think we should show some compassion...there is a lot more to people than what meets the eye. We don't know what she was going through in her personal life or health wise ...so maybe we should just give her some slack.

A50 really helped me out and never insulted or bullied me. This may not be everyone's experience, so i can respect different points of view. But i'll miss her :sad:

ReincarnatedRainbow

Maybe so. Still, cutting her some slack won't really do much. She is most likely forever gone. I honestly don't think that she lurks these forums for two main reasons, based on how people describe her:

1) She is opinionated, so she wouldn't be able to watch conversations unfold without wanting desperately to respond.

2) She was supposedly obsessed with this site; continuing to stalk the forums as a guest would only hurt her and hold her back from moving on.

I'd have to see her posts to know if she was really a bully or not. But she couldn't have been that bad if this many people admired her, right? Does anyone know who reported her? I think whoever did is doing their best to avoid hinting that they filed a complaint; if anyone were to find out who reported a50, surely there'd be flames?

Last edited:

Ben

Banned
The only thing that people who are upset over her ban can seem to say to defend her actions is that she was passionae. Which I hardly find a good excuse.
Astrologer 50 has a good SOUL, ReincarnatedRainbow - but she (probably) had a difficult childhood, in which her Mercury was constantly being put-down by those who use their Mercury to feed their own Ego needs by belittling others.

Consequently, she (probably) has had a lifetime of defending her views against those who criticised them for "fun/sport" - causing her to become instinctively defensive of any criticism (whether or not it is meant constructively), and to be wary of anyone who tried to help her (because she has learned that trusting others leads to pain, ridicule and Mercurial put-downs).

Does anyone know who reported her?
EVERYONE knows who reported her - And, at some time, most Members have probably done so.

I was one of those who used the alert button to do so - because I assumed that the Moderators were here to help her - [but that doesn't seem to have happened at all during my (short) time as an AW member.]

Consequently, I deeply regret having naively put my trust in the Moderators to "openly and honestly" deal with astrologer 50 in a way that would encourage other members to be more tolerant of her - because, instead of doing that, those "guardians of the forum" chose to further isolate HER rather than attempt to encourage others to be more understanding/compassionate - [But of course, the Moderators and many Members here do not see it that way - believing themselves to be "evolved" enough to recognise when they are astrologically "projecting" rather than being tolerant and compassionate.]

In truth, (as piercethevale states) astrologer 50 was banned from AW because she mirrored/reflected back to us all that dark/suppressed part of ourselves that FEARS (the pain of) being exposed to the light.

So - the forum acted at that time in keeping with the true spirit of the approaching Age of Aquarius :-

picture.php

Ben

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.