Planets Clustered - Personal Direction + Influence of Saturn?

KindredKayla

Hi everyone. I am new to astrology but read as much as I can whenever I am able to! Recently I have found a wonderful member on these forums, and she has been helping me to understand myself a little better, as well as my relationship with my father - who has had a great impact on my life (and not in the greatest of ways.. he was and is a very overwhelming narcissist!)

In looking at my chart and reflecting on my life experiences and my future goals and dreams - as I am off to university next year - I found myself wondering why my planets are placed the way they are; grouped in the 1st, 7th, 9th, and 12th houses. I am even very new to differentiating between aspects and what they mean - and have only read a small bit of material on "Grand Crosses", "Grand Trines", "YODs" and the like..

I am trying to undestand what potential lies in my natal chart and how I can cultivate it. Basically, I am looking to grow. A theme I see seems to be regaining personal empowerment, and pursuing my individuality - passions and dreams. While its given me a very reliable and keen intellect with a well aspected mercury, I think have problems with self expression (Sun square Saturn) and understanding my own emotions (no matter how strong they are or sensitive I am) with my Moon in opposition to Jupiter and Venus.. I feel like I have learned to better control my 'emotional sponginess' but sometimes I feel I am too sensitive for my own good - to any kind of energy. Strong smells, certain lighting, strong moods, loud noises, someone's negative thinking.. even the movements of the planets.. sometimes I feel it all affects me a little too much. I am learning to ground myself, but I feel a bit like a willow tree somedays. Especially when I worry for too long, and I tend to be a worrywart :(

One member of the forums pointed out to me that my North node would be returning to its natal position in May of 2010, where I would most likely be choosing my next step on my life path; coincidentally this is the month when I will accepting an offer from a university.. So I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me understand a few things..

Why are some of my aspects so contradictory to each other? I am assuming this is why I feel very doubtful of myself at points - I really feel I could go in many different directions and it is paralyzing! I seem to have quite a few quintiles which I read often give a sense of "wrong-footedness".

With my planets clustered in these houses, what do you think my strengths appear to be? I really love exploring mysteries - usually those revolving around human nature or metaphysical matters. I can be very logical however I`m not very left-brained.. so careers involving math and science I don`t think would be best for me. What does your own intuition tell you about what I might do in my lifetime? Some things in my natal chart show real potential for leadership, but then also for being a healer on a very personal level.. I almost feel like it is letting me choose what degree of success and what KIND of success I want; it seems to say that I can have it all if I work hard enough to overcome my obstacles, to feel like I deserve it.

Another thing I was hoping some of you might help me better understand is Saturn and its function as the 'father-figure'. I have had a rough relationship with my father over the years and I am considering setting some very strict boundaries.. I have always been afraid of men; at first both consciously and subconsciously.. now mostly subconsciously. However in the past year an man is his fifties has come into my life who has really become a sort of father-substitute. We have been getting closer in a purely platonic way, but I can't help but feeling it was almost set up - it's just such a perfect fit. He is an extremely respectable person with a background in therapy, and he is helping me to learn how to empower myself again. He is encouraging me to pursue my dreams, whatever they may be, and it is just finally SO nice to have a father like role model in my life.

I have seen that Saturn has entered Libra (my sun sign) this october.. and that is when he and I really started to become close. The more we talk, the more casual it becomes and the more pain and guilt I am able to release. However, as things have been getting better with him, my relationship with my real father has been taking another unenjoyable turn.. to the point where I am considering cutting off ties, though I feel I shouldnt. I have no knowledge of transits or progressions, but I have a feeling Saturn is going to be a huge influence in my life.. especially due to the father situation and the fact that it is ruler of my Asc; Capricorn! This father-substitute I have found now.. can anyone tell me if he will play a major role in my life? I hope he sticks around, I don't want to "father-hop" for the rest of my life. :(

My chart seems to show that a lot of what I learn will come through my relationships (7th house).. but then with aspects like Moon opposition Venus, it seems to suggest this will be often difficult for me. It always has been to a certain extent but I feel like I have been growing exponentially in the past few years - I have become very open without being so 'vulnerable' and I am less scared of expressing myself, especially what I would like most to forget.

I was also wondering if anything in my chart indicates health problems and what type they might be.. I seem to have got the short end of the stick in this family, lol. I have been working towards health though this year, and am hoping its much more stable before I leave for university!

Anyway, if anyone can offer me any advice about these specific relationships, astrological or other, that would be great. As would any advice or intuitive feelings on my purpose or potential opportunities coming up.. Anything at all meaningful, I am eager to hear and reflect upon. This is a time of serious self-evaluation and growth for me, and I am hoping to expand my awareness of myself and how I relate to others as much as possible. Sorry for the random splurge of thoughts; I have been having trouble organizing my thoughts lately and I'm not exactly sure why. Might be stress.

Thank you all!

Love&Blessings :joyful:

~ Kayla

[Note: poster gave some astrological interpretation so no need to move to Greenhorns Lounge - Moderator]

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_29_kindredkayla.gif
    astro_w2gw_29_kindredkayla.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:

kanshu

Congratulations. You have the "millionaire's aspect" (i.e., Jupiter in aspect with Neptune). I read about it in Celeste Teal's book, Predicting Events with Astrology.

Anyway, just my first impression. I was just browsing through your chart and looking for anything that stands out.

I also noticed that Saturn will be transiting your Sun sign of Libra starting next month. Brace yourself for the next two years. This is a good time to do some serious studying. After that, you can party for the next 7 years or so when Saturn transits the remainder of your houses in the upper hemisphere.

KindredKayla

I don't want to make millions.. that's too much for one person to have. At least I know that if a large sum of money like that does end up coming my way, it will be put to use where it is needed.

Thank you Kanshu for the info on Saturn.. I am not sure what to expect as it enters Libra.. Maybe some lessons about self-expression, seen as how that is my sun sign?

Welcome to forum,

You should be aware that in this forum you are expected to give your own astrological input before members comment. The only place you do not have do this is Greenhorns Lounge...

May I suggest you read the 'welcome sticky' at the top of this forum? It has some great explanations, links etc and also has links to forum rules & regs...At the top of every forum there are lots of ‘stickys’ which explain matters in that forum, along with guidelines, tips and forum rules

Attention new members
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19968

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

This forum (in my opinion) is more of a discussion and learning site, and the main objective is to encourage, interact and explain astrologically why something is happening in your life, rather than just ‘drop the answer in your lap’ and not necessarily to provide professional readings and forecast future events.