Moon's Nodes

soundescape

Hi everyone

I've always wondered about the strength of sign versus house placement for NN and SN?

Is one more prominent than the other?

Do you feel/relate to one over the other?

I know that both the sign and the house are needed for interpretation but my NN is one placement that eludes me more than others and wondered about experienced astrologers experiences.

soundescape

kaminari

It seems to me like it's the same planet/house = actor/stage.

My node's either 0 Pisces or 29 Aquarius, depending on which site I calculate my chart, in the first house.

I totally relate to the sign placement, but mine's at the cusp, so I see it clearly in my life, as I see all the problems I create in the south node Virgo/Leo. Ultra-critical & overly dramatic.

That's in relationships. When I'm on my own, heading my own direction, I take on the characteristics of the north node sign, my path.

And you can choose where to express your energy, house of north or house of south, just like you can change stages.

The south stage is like an old familiar place & the north stage a jungle at night. Can be scary, but you discover 'riches'.

So yeah, I look at the house as where I express my node & sign as how. Can you see it in your house/sign placement? Please give an interpretation, cause I'm curious how you & others view this. This question has also been on my mind.

Last edited:

kanshu

The placement of the North and South nodes brings an added dimension to the natal chart that is distinct from the meanings attributed to the placement of the natal planets. For example, my North node in Gemini suggests a self-righteous person who is aloof and assumes he/she knows what others are saying without really listening. This is distinct from my Gemini Sun sign and Virgo Ascendant.

My main reference is Jan Spiller's book, Astrology for the Soul. It is all about the meaning of the nodes in different houses.

Last edited:

starlink

For example, my North node in Gemini suggests a self-righteous person who is aloof and assumes he/she knows what others are saying without really listening.

Kanshu, I had to laugh when I read this. I also have a NN in Gemini in the 7th house and yes, I can see the self-righteousness at times in myself, especially when arguing with my partner LOL! Not with others though. I do listen to what others say to me as I want to learn more about lots of things but listen less well to my partner as I really know him by now and usually know what he is talking about. So my 7th house NN really works strongly within my partnership, but not with people outside the family.

What I do think my NN is showing is, that I have to learn to express my own knowledge to others. I dont trust myself very often because my Saturn-Mercury square makes me want to know it all before opening my mouth:). This forum has really taught me to open up and trust myself in what I write down. I also think that my NN shows me that I have to make contact more with others as that is also one of my weak points. I prefer being and doing things on my own.

My NN is actually dignified at 3° Gemini which astro-teacher brought to my attention a year or so ago. Now maybe that helps me in not being too self-righteous I hope.
I only think I am 100% right when I have done sufficient research (again that square of course). And then my Taurus Sun can be very stubborn indeed!

Last edited:

hermetic

I think it weighs more house position of Nodes and then sign they occupy - area of life and then the issues connected with particular sign

soundescape

So the sign is how the NN is felt and the house is where?

My NN is in Scorpio in the 9th house. I understand the 9th house but I am at a loss about Scorpio.

And even the SN Taurus. I'm not the kind of person who is uncomfortable with change or pushing boundaries so Taurus doesn't seem very fitting.

soundescape

Sorry, just had an afterthought.
Does the degree make a difference as my nodes are at 29 degrees? Would that lesson the effect scorpio and bring more of Sagg feel seeing as it's in the 9th?

kaminari

Does the degree make a difference as my nodes are at 29 degrees? Would that lesson the effect scorpio and bring more of Sagg feel seeing as it's in the 9th?

I think it would magnify it. 29 is critical, end of sign, "last chance," they say.

This is my experience from my own chart, but others may say that Sag starts to peak through.

kaminari

My NN is in Scorpio in the 9th house. I understand the 9th house but I am at a loss about Scorpio.

And even the SN Taurus. I'm not the kind of person who is uncomfortable with change or pushing boundaries so Taurus doesn't seem very fitting.

In that case, read all you can about "Scorpio" & see how that fits in your life. And also read all you can about "Taurus," as well. You might start to see patterns in your life related to the nodes. Also, read as much as you can about the 3rd/9th axis.

Both of these, Scorpio/Taurus, & 3rd/9th are strong in my chart. They are opposites, Scorpio, no danger, jumping into things, extreme; Taurus, cautious, conservative.. but they have similarities: hates to let go, stubborn.. :devil:

What I've discovered the difficulty with the 3rd/9th is that I gather so many facts (3rd) but I don't know how to use them (9th)..:sad:

You should post your chart.:wink:

kanshu

According to Stiller, Scorpio North Nodes' Achilles' heel is comfort ("The goal of life is to be comfortable; I need lots of possessions to survive"), which can lead them into the trap of an unending search for accumulation ("When I finally have enough money and possessions, I will feel good about myself and can relate to others").

Familiar?

KosmicMind

I've always contended that the house position will provide the most personalized interpretation of the north/south node axis. The sign, which is just as important too, will be less individualized seeing as the North node takes a little over a year to move through a sign, so it will apply collectively to a lot of people. The sign position indicates the evolutionary impulse of a group of souls/individuals who incarnate within that specific window of time. So naturally we would share these same tendencies with anyone born within a year of us.

Most astrologers seem to think that the sign position indicates the more psychological characteristics one is acquiring in this life (albeit rather slowly) and the house position shows the arena or stage that one will acquire these skills, lessons, talents, etc. I feel that it's a mix between the two, as the "psychological" characteristics of the house position seem to be quite accurate in most cases as well.

So for you with North Node in Scorpio in the 9th house you are learning how to merge your own values/beliefs with those of others, how to share or merge your resources with others, how to connect deeply on a more soul as opposed to a superficial level. Scorpio north node is all about transformation, so the natives tend to be rather stubborn and have many patterns of behavior that are deeply ingrained and hard to get rid of. In this life they are learning to let go of things, and to understand the true impermanence of life itself. The 9th house indicates that these lessons will be learned through such areas as travel to foreign and or exotic places, by meeting and associating with people who are unlike yourself and your surrondings. The 9th house is also symbolic of the higher self, and inner spiritual guidence, which means that native north node 9th house people are also learning to validate their own impressions and to trust their inner voice more than others, there's usually a lot of doubt about one's hunches. The tendency is to look outside of one's self constantly for confirmation, but most of the time the answers you already knew.

I agree with kaminari, I would say that it would be more magnified in this case, and the 29th degree is very important and a critical degree. Also consider that the Nodal axis moves backwards through the zodiac as well, so if it's at the 29th degree then it is just moving into scorpio from sagittarius, not leaving.

The 29th degree is called the anarectic degree, and it symbolizes a kind of threshold or barrier from which karmic energy has built up over a long period of time and has reached a point where it MUST be expressed and utilized. If you believe in past lives and such, then this is likely a very critical incarnation for you and it emphasizes the importance of fully activating your north node this time around, the issues it deals with are probebly more familiar to you than you realize. :wink:

soundescape

If you believe in past lives and such, then this is likely a very critical incarnation for you and it emphasizes the importance of fully activating your north node this time around, the issues it deals with are probebly more familiar to you than you realize. :wink:

Hi KosmicMind and everyone else who has written back. I apologise it's taken me so long to respond. Everything got hectic this week.

Thank you all for your input. It's pretty intense this 29 degree NN then it seems. I can relate to what you're saying KosmicMind. REally and it's getting more intense with age as I suppose grow closer to understanding my karma.

Can I ask if there is anyone else out there with their Nodes at 29 degrees or knows anyone who can relate to what KosmicMind is saying about the critical degree?

The Nodal Axis really fascinates me as I do beleive in Past lives and reincarnation as I have had had clear visions of two of my past lives that were like watching a movie only yesterday even though the visions I had were years ago now.

soundescape

Hi Kaminari,

Here you go, hope this works.

soundescape

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_michele.72387.5541.gif
    astro_2gw_01_michele.72387.5541.gif
    31.6 KB · Views: 29

soundescape

yeah it is blurry isn't it? I'm not sure why, I was having trouble fitting the image, I kept gettting errors saying that I had to adjust the size.

The two aspects to the Nodal axis are :
Quincunx to Merc 1deg applying
Square to Venus 2 deg separating

kaminari

The two aspects to the Nodal axis are :
Quincunx to Merc 1deg applying
Square to Venus 2 deg separating

Are you familiar with what these aspects are doing? I also have squares from Moon & Neptune, & a quincunx from Pluto. Only aspects to the Node. Seems to make the journey more challenging, and I just realized how much of my life focus is on the energy of these three planets. Hmm..

soundescape

I think I comprehend the sq to Venus. Im a slow learner when it comes to matters of the heart and I feel perhaps I have chosen relationships that create obstacles as far as reaching my nn potential goes...

As for quincunx merc, I'm not really sure although I don't really understand my nn that well anyways hence the thread initiation.

Maybe it's about not understanding what I'm supposed to achieve I'm this very karmic incarnation i'm having.

I also feel moon and Neptune very powerfully in my chart. Makes for some strong sensitivity :)

kaminari

I think I comprehend the sq to Venus. Im a slow learner when it comes to matters of the heart and I feel perhaps I have chosen relationships that create obstacles as far as reaching my nn potential goes...

Yes, those squares are there for a reason.. to be difficult!! I have them all over my chart.

As for quincunx merc, I'm not really sure although I don't really understand my nn that well anyways hence the thread initiation.

Maybe it's about not understanding what I'm supposed to achieve I'm this very karmic incarnation i'm having.

So your Mercury & N. node are totally incompatible, foreign to each other, don't mix. Look to some other planets that might channel your energy from Mercury toward the node.

I also feel moon and Neptune very powerfully in my chart. Makes for some strong sensitivity :)

Wow, I just noticed that Neptune, your chart ruler, is also the highest planet in your chart. I have this also conjunct the MC. Makes for lots of confusion in the world. Find something that grounds you, protects your energy.

Sorry, everything I wrote is totally not related to this thread about sign/placement of the Node. Oops.

Claire19

Always look at the north node for this life's interpretation and the way you are meant to go this time around . The south node is our past life patterning and you need to go directly opposite to what that shows. It is "been there and done that" and it wont work this time whenever we try to tap into familiar territory that the south node shows.

Ideally we can use our familiar past life experience to help us on our north node path this time around.

The house and the sign are equally important along with close aspects from planets. No more than 2 degrees.