Questions about Sade Sati

Dunn

Hello, astrologers! I was born at 10:00AM, 22/07/1991, in Taipei, Taiwan. I've been interested in the concept of Sade Sati lately, but there are a few questions I don't understand. Here's some information I have got from the Sade Sati calculator online.

According to the calculator, there are several phases of Sade Sati: Rising, Peak, Setting. Together they are the thee stages of Sade Sati, spanning for 7.5 years in total. There are also Small Panotis peppered around in your lifetime, meaning little troubles around you.

What I understand is that Rising and Peak stages are normally the hardest time in Sade Sati. I'm experiencing my Sade Sati in the Setting stage. However, when it was rising from Nov. 2011 to Nov. 2014, I was only transitioning from college to graduate school. I think the real hard time that hurt me happened in the mid-Sep. of 2018, which is in my Setting Period of Sade Sati. At that time, I was hospitalized for my very first time in life, on account of hypokalemia, for 4 days. It truly scared me.

Now I'm still in the Setting stage of Sade Sati. According to the calculator, I won't be out of Sade Sati until Jan. 2020. I still have a year. Please tell me what will happen to me when my Sade Sati ends. These 7 years have been rough for me. I've experienced a long-term employment, isolation, hunger, mental trouble, etc. Are there any hopes for me? I want to be hired to be an international employee, working in an international organization, but I still haven't started going for it at all.... I'm so worried. Thanks!

Last edited:

watcherofthesouth

Hi Dunn, I think the worst part of Sade Sati is the feeling of despair, depression, mental exhaustion, and paranoia. You have to actively change the energy - listen to music, journal, meditate, work in a Saturn capacity and other remedies. It really takes work to not sink to new lows.

There are people in the news that have experienced or are experiencing Sade Sati, like this lovely girl in Australia who just took her life: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/jan/07/australian-model-annalise-braakensiek-found-dead-in-sydney-unit; and I've noticed that quotes from these people signify how you feel during this time:
"I was so shocked by the reaction of so-called friends – the aggression, the lack of support." (Emotional abandonment by people you care about)

I wish I had known her to tell her to hang in there. She had experienced a divorce/money issues, a relocation, lack of support from friends and it became unbearable. You feel so alone and when you come out of it, you start realizing who is experiencing it, and you become a much more compassionate person.

Just understand that having fear is feeding into Sade Sati and it's important to stay ahead of it as much as you can. When your mind recovers, you will become the person you always were once again, but better.

Dunn

Hi Dunn, I think the worst part of Sade Sati is the feeling of despair, depression, mental exhaustion, and paranoia. You have to actively change the energy - listen to music, journal, meditate, work in a Saturn capacity and other remedies. It really takes work to not sink to new lows.

There are people in the news that have experienced or are experiencing Sade Sati, like this lovely girl in Australia who just took her life: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/jan/07/australian-model-annalise-braakensiek-found-dead-in-sydney-unit; and I've noticed that quotes from these people signify how you feel during this time:
"I was so shocked by the reaction of so-called friends – the aggression, the lack of support." (Emotional abandonment by people you care about)

I wish I had known her to tell her to hang in there. She had experienced a divorce/money issues, a relocation, lack of support from friends and it became unbearable. You feel so alone and when you come out of it, you start realizing who is experiencing it, and you become a much more compassionate person.

Just understand that having fear is feeding into Sade Sati and it's important to stay ahead of it as much as you can. When your mind recovers, you will become the person you always were once again, but better.

Thank you so much! It ached my heart reading this. I barely got through Sade Sati, and it is still influencing me. These 7 years, I've achieved nothing, but just pain, isolation, and endless waiting.

I just want to know when my Sade Sati will end and what will happen after it ends. My Sade Sati happened in my 20s, the most precious time in life in one's life!

watcherofthesouth

I think it depends which Dasa you're in. For instance, I have been out of Sade Sati now for a year and 3 months. Things have improved tremendously. You'll gradually see it weeks and months after. However, I'm still in a Saturn Dasa till 2023 so things still aren't as easy (delays/depression) as they were in the previous Dasa that I went through. Can you post your Vedic chart and Dasa info and maybe some of the other astrologers can weigh in? @KShantaram is always helpful with this too :)

You'll probably find that the things you tried to do (that you thought didn't work out) during Sade Sati will manifest positively and you will be relieved that it wasn't a waste of your life. And, you'll be able to face much more difficult challenges than your peers and that will give you an advantage (that you thought you had lost). If anything, Sade Sati is designed to teach you to let go of material/professional interests and focus more on God. Once you do this, things will make more sense.

Dunn

I think it depends which Dasa you're in. For instance, I have been out of Sade Sati now for a year and 3 months. Things have improved tremendously. You'll gradually see it weeks and months after. However, I'm still in a Saturn Dasa till 2023 so things still aren't as easy (delays/depression) as they were in the previous Dasa that I went through. Can you post your Vedic chart and Dasa info and maybe some of the other astrologers can weigh in? @KShantaram is always helpful with this too :)

You'll probably find that the things you tried to do (that you thought didn't work out) during Sade Sati will manifest positively and you will be relieved that it wasn't a waste of your life. And, you'll be able to face much more difficult challenges than your peers and that will give you an advantage (that you thought you had lost). If anything, Sade Sati is designed to teach you to let go of material/professional interests and focus more on God. Once you do this, things will make more sense.

Hi, these are the Dasa and Sade Sati results I'm in right now. I only clipped the part where I am in. Please help me dissect what it means.

Attachments

• fsdfsd.jpg
    fsdfsd.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 38
  • sdffsd.jpg
    sdffsd.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 36

muchacho

Hello, astrologers! I was born at 10:00AM, 22/07/1991, in Taipei, Taiwan. I've been interested in the concept of Sade Sati lately, but there are a few questions I don't understand. Here's some information I have got from the Sade Sati calculator online.

According to the calculator, there are several phases of Sade Sati: Rising, Peak, Setting. Together they are the thee stages of Sade Sati, spanning for 7.5 years in total. There are also Small Panotis peppered around in your lifetime, meaning little troubles around you.
That's too simplistic and too generic. Sade sati can play out very differently for some. Some have wonderful career opportunities during sade sati, others lose everything. You have to work with Ashtakavarga (look how Saturn is doing in the houses it is transiting during sade sati) and Vimshopaka bala (look how the scores are for the dashas you are running during sade sati). It's true that generally the outlook and mood during that period is rather bleak, but it doesn't have to be disaster all the time.

Dunn

That's too simplistic and too generic. Sade sati can play out very differently for some. Some have wonderful career opportunities during sade sati, others lose everything. You have to work with Ashtakavarga (look how Saturn is doing in the houses it is transiting during sade sati) and Vimshopaka bala (look how the scores are for the dashas you are running during sade sati). It's true that generally the outlook and mood during that period is rather bleak, but it doesn't have to be disaster all the time.

I don't know where to get that kind of chart though. Is there a calculator online?

watcherofthesouth

No wonder you are worried - these summaries couldn't possibly give you more bad news! Remember that each planet has a good and bad side. Since you have Ketu in the 10th, it's pushing you to incorporate spirituality in your career. And, once you totally give up what you were setting out to do, professionally, you will gain results. That's Ketu. Even in my Saturn dasa, there have been some good, positive events.

Sade Sati is all about Karma. I think I mentioned a while back to you about the bala scores - which helps determine how "bad" it will play out. For instance, Donald Trump became president during his Sade Sate period (career high) but his karma from the past made for a difficult period to say the least (career lows). Every chart is different. I haven't encountered anyone yet who had a great Sade Sati but it's possible and agree that it's worse/better for some than others.

Dunn

No wonder you are worried - these summaries couldn't possibly give you more bad news! Remember that each planet has a good and bad side. Since you have Ketu in the 10th, it's pushing you to incorporate spirituality in your career. And, once you totally give up what you were setting out to do, professionally, you will gain results. That's Ketu. Even in my Saturn dasa, there have been some good, positive events.

Sade Sati is all about Karma. I think I mentioned a while back to you about the bala scores - which helps determine how "bad" it will play out. For instance, Donald Trump became president during his Sade Sate period (career high) but his karma from the past made for a difficult period to say the least (career lows). Every chart is different. I haven't encountered anyone yet who had a great Sade Sati but it's possible and agree that it's worse/better for some than others.

Oh gosh I can't believe it. I'm giving up my previous career goals and trying to pursue spiritual things as soon as my job is secured. Very true.

No I don't know what bala scores are. I don't know how to count mine. Could you tell me more about what I'm supposed to do gain a happy life? Does it mean I can't be an ambitious person?

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

If anything, Sade Sati is designed to teach you to let go of material/professional interests and focus more on God.

Dear Dunn

Ms Watcherofthesouth made a good point on this. We know that's this very difficult period of time for you [I personaly running Sade Sati too] but just trust the process, don't let negativity stack up in your mind. I want to remind you that Jupiter would help you when they're running together in the near future. So it's good news from Jupiter.

Best Regards

Rudy

watcherofthesouth

I got my Vimshopaka bala calculated by KRS Channel/Kapiel (I paid for a report about 3 years ago). You may want to look up if there are easier/cheaper ways to find it online.

Your mind is making you fearful right now. It's normal. Just use the time to observe your journey and compare it with how you feel next year. It will be much different.

With natal Ketu in your career house, it doesn't mean you can't be ambitious but you should be ambitious spiritually. If it's for money, fame, material contentment, you'll come up empty-handed. You can apply ambition to other areas/houses however where you will get better results. An experienced Vedic astrologer can help you with this.

Check out E K Dhilip Kumar. He is a wonderful guide through Sade Sati.

Dunn

I got my Vimshopaka bala calculated by KRS Channel/Kapiel (I paid for a report about 3 years ago). You may want to look up if there are easier/cheaper ways to find it online.

Your mind is making you fearful right now. It's normal. Just use the time to observe your journey and compare it with how you feel next year. It will be much different.

With natal Ketu in your career house, it doesn't mean you can't be ambitious but you should be ambitious spiritually. If it's for money, fame, material contentment, you'll come up empty-handed. You can apply ambition to other areas/houses however where you will get better results. An experienced Vedic astrologer can help you with this.

Check out E K Dhilip Kumar. He is a wonderful guide through Sade Sati.

Thank you so much. My mind and my parents have always told me to focus on my career, but my career path has been really bumpy. I thought it was all only my fault. Now I know it's not. It's still hard for me to find a new path. I'll try.

Last edited:

mathur_dinesh

The sade sati is transit of Saturn over the Moon. Therefore we must see the nature of the Moon and of Saturn in the chart. Also the astakavarga strength of the three houses involved. Another very important issue is the number of the round Saturn is making. If it is the first round the results of the first house will dominate, if second the results of the second house etc from the ascendant. Then you come to karaka qualities of the planets Moon and Saturn. Then their inter-relationship. They are most uncomfortable with each other. The Moon is the mind, mother, home, liquid, etc. Saturn is trouble, setback, hard work, details, separation, loss etc. Finally the houses Saturn influences in the birth chart from the Moon. We must not forget that according to Parashar there are three ascendants for each of us-the birth sign, the Moon sign and the Sun sign. The results of these houses will appear. If the houses are good for you the sade sati will produce good results but of course through the inherent nature of Saturn. This is as we all know miserly, grudging, hard work, occasional delays and setbacks etc. Ultimately the dasas are the carriers of transit results. Therefore unless the dasa is involved in sade sati much of the effect of sade sati will pass you by.
For your information the Vimshopaka bala of Saturn and the Moon in your chart in dasa vargas is 11 each. These are average. This determines the nature of the planet. Their shadbala respectively are 1.14 and 1.29 which are both above average. This determines the ability of the planet to give good results.

Dunn

The sade sati is transit of Saturn over the Moon. Therefore we must see the nature of the Moon and of Saturn in the chart. Also the astakavarga strength of the three houses involved. Another very important issue is the number of the round Saturn is making. If it is the first round the results of the first house will dominate, if second the results of the second house etc from the ascendant. Then you come to karaka qualities of the planets Moon and Saturn. Then their inter-relationship. They are most uncomfortable with each other. The Moon is the mind, mother, home, liquid, etc. Saturn is trouble, setback, hard work, details, separation, loss etc. Finally the houses Saturn influences in the birth chart from the Moon. We must not forget that according to Parashar there are three ascendants for each of us-the birth sign, the Moon sign and the Sun sign. The results of these houses will appear. If the houses are good for you the sade sati will produce good results but of course through the inherent nature of Saturn. This is as we all know miserly, grudging, hard work, occasional delays and setbacks etc. Ultimately the dasas are the carriers of transit results. Therefore unless the dasa is involved in sade sati much of the effect of sade sati will pass you by.
For your information the Vimshopaka bala of Saturn and the Moon in your chart in dasa vargas is 11 each. These are average. This determines the nature of the planet. Their shadbala respectively are 1.14 and 1.29 which are both above average. This determines the ability of the planet to give good results.

Hi, here is my birth chart. I hope the presenting of my birth chart can help make this analysis more complete.

Attachments

• fdsfd.jpg
    fdsfd.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 40

ANUP

Something is not inline.You have posted your chart which is showing different ascendant.Anyway, sadesati is not always bad.This depends upon the power of saturn.If saturn is powerful and transits three houses (previous from moon,moon sign and next house),one can not experience malefic issues as you have described for continous 7.5 years.On the contrary, if the power of saturn is less, this can be little off shore for the native during it's transit.

Now do not ask me how to find out the power of saturn.This i can explain only privately.All you have experienced also comprises effect if antradasa also.For example, there might be antradasa of second lord in natal chart also which could be giving you unnecessory worries,tensions etc etc.Do not mix this with sadesati.This is all accumulative effects of all the planets during saturn transit before-in-after moon sign

That much i can write for a while.But its a whole lot of study and need to be understood. Its only a surface layer.You got to go deeper to learn about saturn which is generally called planet of truth and cause of hard work and action,controller of happiness out of this material world. Once this planet is disturbed or gone weak, definitely this can cause reduce & delay in giving results in different manners, one can go through a low phase. This you call a sadesati or what..depends upon you..!!

Good luck,

-Anup
kascorner.com