Everybody Uses Cook books!

Zarathu

Account Closed
Even really good chefs use cook books.

And even though there is a certain amount of distain by upper level astrologers for cookbooks, except in the case of an astrologer with total recall and an IQ of 160 to be able to use all that data, we all have to use the standard references to help with an explanation.

They key here though is like the old joke about not wanting to pay the plumber $150 an hour for his work when you can get the information out of a book. The plumber may have the same book that you do, but he has the experience and knowledge to use the information, and you don't.

I use some very fine cookbooks. But the difference between me and a beginning astrologer using them, is that I know that the cook book definition of Sun squaring Mars, for example, is modified by massive amounts of other information such as the power and friction of both the Sun and Mars, the declination of Mars,, the position in the signs, and houses, and other aspects in the chart, the power and friction of the aspect itself, and many many other things.

But realistically its just not possible for me to remember or figure out every time the relationship and meaning between Hygiea opposite Tantalus in your natal or progressed chart without a textbook.

I can tell where its likely to be important or not, and how it can be used, but for the nitty gritty of the meaning I have to have some help from someone else who has spent their life time coming up with definitions of the basic meaning, so that I can expand and modify it based on the individual chart.