Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Traditional Astrology

Traditional Astrology For discussions on Traditional Astrology only. (Note: Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700 by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renaissance eras. In general, it relies on Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction) though there may be some exceptions, and always excludes modern planets (Neptune, Uranus and Pluto,) as well as any asteroids. The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretation and more on prediction. Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion.)


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 10-31-2017, 12:06 PM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 138
Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Hello,

I'm new to traditional astrology. It's absolutely new brand of astrology for me - I just recently downloaded Morinus software and it gave me some inspiration to create free online calculator adjusted for traditional astrology:
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

calculator has features such as: 7 main planets; Terms; Lot of Fortune; Lot of Spirit; Whole sign houses; Firdaria periods calculator; Dodecatemoria calculator; Prenatal syzygy chart...


I attached my birth chart generated by this online calculator and I would be happy for any feedback or discussion - technical or astrological

Attachments - 1) Placidus houses and planet positions / 2 Whole Sign Houses / 3) Whole Sign Houses (started from Part of Fortune)

Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to kaktuzz For This Useful Post:
AJ Astrology (11-14-2019), AlexZim (03-03-2018), Blaze (02-24-2018), Cap (02-24-2018), conspiracy theorist (03-05-2018), DanTheRam (10-17-2018), HoldOrFold (03-09-2018), Iced8Ace (08-02-2018), JUPITERASC (10-31-2017), petosiris (02-24-2018), Purple9 (03-28-2018), Rhys (10-04-2018), SunConjunctUranus (01-01-2019)
  #2  
Unread 10-31-2017, 12:11 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post
Hello,

I'm new to traditional astrology. It's absolutely new brand of astrology for me - I just recently downloaded Morinus software and it gave me some inspiration to create free online calculator adjusted for traditional astrology:
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

calculator has features such as: 7 main planets; Terms; Lot of Fortune; Lot of Spirit; Whole sign houses; Firdaria periods calculator; Dodecatemoria calculator; Prenatal syzygy chart...


I attached my birth chart generated by this online calculator and I would be happy for any feedback or discussion - technical or astrological

Attachments - 1) Placidus houses and planet positions / 2 Whole Sign Houses / 3) Whole Sign Houses (started from Part of Fortune)
Thanks!! Members often complain that natal chart images are unclear
These natal chart images are clear
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 10-31-2017, 12:28 PM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 138
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Thanks!! Members often complain that natal chart images are unclear
These natal chart images are clear
Virgo Rising at service!

Btw. I have seen some blogs about traditional astrology displaying NO ASPECT (opposition / trine / square) in natal chart. Is it useful or essential for traditional astrology?
If yes, I could add a switch to simply turn off/on all aspects.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kaktuzz For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (10-31-2017)
  #4  
Unread 10-31-2017, 12:44 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post

Virgo Rising at service!


Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post

Btw. I have seen some blogs about traditional astrology displaying NO ASPECT
(opposition / trine / square) in natal chart.
Is it useful or essential for traditional astrology?
If yes, I could add a switch to simply turn off/on all aspects.

Traditionally, aspects are important
conjunction is technically not an aspect
because adjacent planets are close and "do not see" each other
the word aspect is based on denoting the action or a way of looking
derived from Latin aspectus, from aspicere ‘look at’
from ad- ‘to, at’ + specere ‘to look’
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 10-31-2017, 12:54 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Traditionally there are aspects by SIGN
as well as
aspects by DEGREE

and so
planets aspect other planets in SIGNS that are square, opposed, trine, sextile
as well as
aspecting other planets that are within a three degree orb
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 10-31-2017, 03:02 PM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 138
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Traditionally there are aspects by SIGN
as well as
aspects by DEGREE

and so
planets aspect other planets in SIGNS that are square, opposed, trine, sextile
as well as
aspecting other planets that are within a three degree orb
Thanks for clarification.

I read something about aspects by SIGN in traditional astrology and it was actually my clumsy question. So I try to ask again more specifically

Is it useful (meaningful?) to have possibility to turn off aspects by DEGREE in the chart (I mean aspect lines by degree)?
Maybe the aspects by SIGN are more clear/obvious without these degree lines? (just my thought)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kaktuzz For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (10-31-2017)
  #7  
Unread 10-31-2017, 03:05 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post
Thanks for clarification.

I read something about aspects by SIGN in traditional astrology and it was actually my clumsy question. So I try to ask again more specifically

Is it useful (meaningful?) to have possibility to turn off aspects by DEGREE in the chart (I mean aspect lines by degree)?
Maybe the aspects by SIGN are more clear/obvious without these degree lines? (just my thought)
Certainly aspects by SIGN are obvious and clear
aspects by degree can seem murky when in different SIGNS

but most astrologers are accustomed to aspects by degree
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 10-31-2017, 03:15 PM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 138
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Certainly aspects by SIGN are obvious and clear
aspects by degree can seem murky when in different SIGNS

but most astrologers are accustomed to aspects by degree
OK, thanks
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 10-31-2017, 09:27 PM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

I turn off all the aspect lines, but that's a matter of personal preference.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (11-01-2017)
  #10  
Unread 11-01-2017, 11:38 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Some astrologers prefer a swift visual analysis of aspects
so aspect lines are useful
those astrologers who do not require aspect lines
can simply ignore them

The software places Part of Fortune on ascendant
thus creates a "Fortuna Chart" easily
including bounds
and that's helpful for traditional beginners

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 11-02-2017, 01:04 PM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 138
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
I turn off all the aspect lines, but that's a matter of personal preference.
Well, it's technically not a big deal ... so I added a simple button "Hide/Display aspect lines" just bellow the chart
Attached Images
File Type: gif traditional_all_hide_aspect_lines.gif (69.0 KB, 17 views)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 11-02-2017, 04:15 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post

Well, it's technically not a big deal
... so I added a simple button "Hide/Display aspect lines" just bellow the chart

good idea, thanks
It's increasingly obvious that ancient astrologers used Sidereal measurement
wonder how big a deal it would be to add Sidereal option for chart
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 11-03-2017, 03:31 PM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 138
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post

wonder how big a deal it would be to add Sidereal option for chart
well ... I think it depends on what kind of "Sideral option" is suitable for traditional astrology?

I checked some sidereal options and:

1) "True" sideral chart with different size of each constellation/sign; +including Ophiuchus constellation would be pretty big deal and it would take incredible amount of work :/

2) To take the tropical chart; keep 12 signs of the same size; and shift it by Ayanamsa should by pretty easy. If this case would be suitable?,... what calculation method of Ayanamsa should be used? Is Fagan-Bradley method ok?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kaktuzz For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (11-03-2017)
  #14  
Unread 11-03-2017, 08:42 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post

well ... I think it depends on what kind of "Sideral option" is suitable for traditional astrology?

I checked some sidereal options and:

1) "True" sideral chart with different size of each constellation/sign; +including Ophiuchus constellation would be pretty big deal and it would take incredible amount of work :/

2) To take the tropical chart;
keep 12 signs of the same size;
and shift it by Ayanamsa should by pretty easy.
If this case would be suitable?,...
what calculation method of Ayanamsa should be used?
Is Fagan-Bradley method ok?
There are so many ayanamsa
Raman ayanamsa gets good results according to reports on other traditional threads

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...1&postcount=63
so if I may
I would request Raman ayanamsa
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 11-04-2017, 07:47 PM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 138
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
There are so many ayanamsa
Raman ayanamsa gets good results according to reports on other traditional threads

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...1&postcount=63
so if I may
I would request Raman ayanamsa
It's done
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

I found Raman, Lahiri and Khullar ayanamsa calculation formulas.
If someone would know by chance Fagan-Bradley formula, I could also add it. (I couldn't find this formula anywhere :/)
Attached Images
File Type: gif trad_aya_01.gif (61.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: gif trad_aya_02.gif (55.8 KB, 9 views)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kaktuzz For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (11-04-2017)
  #16  
Unread 11-04-2017, 09:10 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post

It's done
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

I found Raman, Lahiri and Khullar ayanamsa calculation formulas.
If someone would know by chance Fagan-Bradley formula, I could also add it. (I couldn't find this formula anywhere :/)
kaktuzz you're a star, Siriusly multiple thanks

Fagan-Bradley at 200CE 24° 44' 12"
at 1950 CE 24° 02' 28"
DELTA -00° 15' 48"
SPICA VIRGO 29° 06' 05"
ALDEBARAN TAURUS 15° 03'
GEN Sagittarius 05° 15' 48"
GC Sagittarius 02° 04'
table of the more common ayanamsas
scroll down at
http://www.lunarplanner.com/siderealastrology.html
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 11-05-2017, 04:45 PM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 138
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator



Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post

table of the more common ayanamsas
scroll down at http://www.lunarplanner.com/siderealastrology.html
Cool! I visited this site before and left it, because I didn't find any accurate ayanamsa formulas or equations based on particular date.
But now I see, there is a simple conversion table based on Delta difference ** according to Galactic Equator 5° or any other ayanamsa.
(and this Delta difference ** doesn't change during 50 years not even in 00:00:01'' second)

So I added several other ayanamsas - Krishnamurti, Fagan-Bradley, Takra, De Luce and Larry Ely
Attached Images
File Type: gif seek_aya_other.gif (9.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by kaktuzz; 11-05-2017 at 06:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kaktuzz For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (11-05-2017)
  #18  
Unread 11-05-2017, 07:41 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post


Cool! I visited this site before and left it, because I didn't find any accurate ayanamsa formulas or equations based on particular date.
But now I see, there is a simple conversion table based on Delta difference ** according to Galactic Equator 5° or any other ayanamsa.
(and this Delta difference ** doesn't change during 50 years not even in 00:00:01'' second)

So I added several other ayanamsas - Krishnamurti, Fagan-Bradley, Takra, De Luce and Larry Ely
The site has useful information then, that's great
and thanks for providing more ayanamsa options

by the way
people often complain that they cannot identify with their natal chart
which is not surprising
because few, if any natal charts are timed with any precision
for example
your natal is timed as having taken place exactly on the half hour
and
often natal charts are timed exactly on the hour, quarter hour, half hour
clearly the times have been "rounded up" or "rounded down"
and also often there may be human error or clock error
watches, clocks may be fast or slow
or not adjusted to DST

and so
some astrologers examine the natal map to check whether
the ascendant sign, planet ruling that sign
and so on
are in fact are descriptive of the natives appearance

Time of birth demarcates the degree, DECAN and BOUNDS of Ascendant
all the other houses follow from that initial demarcation
and since ascendant degree changes every four minutes
IF time of birth is out by twenty five minutes
your ascendant may have been the preceding sign
or alternatively
if your time of birth had been later
then your ascendant may have been in a different bound


Traditionally
the first house MAIN RULERSHIPS are:

Life, vitality and health.
Stature, colour, complexion, form and shape of body.
Older sources note its influence upon the intellect, the way the mind works, and speech.

In general, the first house represents the focal point for the personality
and manner of expression.
As well as describing the physical appearance
the condition of 1st house
and that of its planetary ruler
indicates the level of personal vitality and strength

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 11-06-2017, 12:20 AM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 138
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
The site has useful information then, that's great
and thanks for providing more ayanamsa options

by the way
people often complain that they cannot identify with their natal chart
which is not surprising
because few, if any natal charts are timed with any precision
for example
your natal is timed as having taken place exactly on the half hour
and
often natal charts are timed exactly on the hour, quarter hour, half hour
clearly the times have been "rounded up" or "rounded down"
and also often there may be human error or clock error
watches, clocks may be fast or slow
or not adjusted to DST

and so
some astrologers examine the natal map to check whether
the ascendant sign, planet ruling that sign
and so on
are in fact are descriptive of the natives appearance

Time of birth demarcates the degree, DECAN and BOUNDS of Ascendant
all the other houses follow from that initial demarcation
and since ascendant degree changes every four minutes
IF time of birth is out by twenty five minutes
your ascendant may have been the preceding sign
or alternatively
if your time of birth had been later
then your ascendant may have been in a different bound


Traditionally
the first house MAIN RULERSHIPS are:

Life, vitality and health.
Stature, colour, complexion, form and shape of body.
Older sources note its influence upon the intellect, the way the mind works, and speech.

In general, the first house represents the focal point for the personality
and manner of expression.
As well as describing the physical appearance
the condition of 1st house
and that of its planetary ruler
indicates the level of personal vitality and strength

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html
It's good you mentioned BOUNDS (Terms) of Ascendant
(and planet ruling Ascendant sign)
I was just about to ask - I implemented Ptolemy's terms only (because these terms were first in google search results );
but I found later, there are also other terms (Egyptian and Chaldean)
https://altairastrology.wordpress.co...rms-or-bounds/
Do you use any of these 2 other systems?, or are they used for some reason? It shouldn't be such a problem to implement these terms into calculator, so I'm just asking.


And btw. ... I did a summary statistics on the astro.com databank birth time records.
And I found, that birth times aren't rounded mostly on hour, quarter hour or half hour ... but mostly (36%) on the hour only (AA records (!)).
History is full of very radical rounding :/
(Fortunatelly it's much better these days)


Summary statistics on the cca 15.000 AA Astro-Databank birth time records:
X:00 (5755 / 36.18%)
X:01 (60 / 0.38%)
X:02 (41 / 0.26%)
X:03 (59 / 0.37%)
X:04 (49 / 0.31%)
X:05 (302 / 1.9%)
X:06 (48 / 0.3%)
X:07 (61 / 0.38%)
X:08 (59 / 0.37%)
X:09 (34 / 0.21%)
X:10 (510 / 3.21%)
X:11 (60 / 0.38%)
X:12 (74 / 0.47%)
X:13 (58 / 0.36%)
X:14 (60 / 0.38%)
X:15 (925 / 5.81%)
X:16 (43 / 0.27%)
X:17 (66 / 0.41%)
X:18 (72 / 0.45%)
X:19 (41 / 0.26%)
X:20 (506 / 3.18%)
X:21 (77 / 0.48%)
X:22 (71 / 0.45%)
X:23 (58 / 0.36%)
X:24 (54 / 0.34%)
X:25 (329 / 2.07%)
X:26 (43 / 0.27%)
X:27 (59 / 0.37%)
X:28 (67 / 0.42%)
X:29 (47 / 0.3%)
X:30 (2418 / 15.2%)
X:31 (73 / 0.46%)
X:32 (61 / 0.38%)
X:33 (53 / 0.33%)
X:34 (59 / 0.37%)
X:35 (305 / 1.92%)
X:36 (44 / 0.28%)
X:37 (70 / 0.44%)
X:38 (70 / 0.44%)
X:39 (28 / 0.18%)
X:40 (454 / 2.85%)
X:41 (47 / 0.3%)
X:42 (73 / 0.46%)
X:43 (73 / 0.46%)
X:44 (48 / 0.3%)
X:45 (953 / 5.99%)
X:46 (63 / 0.4%)
X:47 (49 / 0.31%)
X:48 (58 / 0.36%)
X:49 (45 / 0.28%)
X:50 (393 / 2.47%)
X:51 (90 / 0.57%)
X:52 (60 / 0.38%)
X:53 (55 / 0.35%)
X:54 (38 / 0.24%)
X:55 (282 / 1.77%)
X:56 (61 / 0.38%)
X:57 (58 / 0.36%)
X:58 (70 / 0.44%)
X:59 (69 / 0.43%)

Last edited by kaktuzz; 11-06-2017 at 12:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 11-06-2017, 04:18 AM
Rawiri's Avatar
Rawiri Rawiri is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: No home base.
Posts: 637
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Most traditional astrologers use the Egyptian terms, not the Ptolemy or Chaldean ones. So you will probably want to include the Egyptian terms, yes.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rawiri For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (11-06-2017)
  #21  
Unread 11-06-2017, 09:19 AM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 138
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawiri View Post
Most traditional astrologers use the Egyptian terms, not the Ptolemy or Chaldean ones. So you will probably want to include the Egyptian terms, yes.
OK, thanks.

I added other terms (Egyptian and Chaldean diurnal/nocturnal) and set the Egyptian terms as default option.
Attached Images
File Type: gif seek_terms_other.gif (7.7 KB, 9 views)
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaktuzz For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (11-06-2017), Rhys (10-04-2018)
  #22  
Unread 11-06-2017, 12:12 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post

It's good you mentioned BOUNDS (Terms) of Ascendant
(and planet ruling Ascendant sign)
I was just about to ask - I implemented Ptolemy's terms only (because these terms were first in google search results );
but I found later, there are also other terms (Egyptian and Chaldean)
https://altairastrology.wordpress.co...rms-or-bounds/
Do you use any of these 2 other systems?, or are they used for some reason? It shouldn't be such a problem to implement these terms into calculator, so I'm just asking.


And btw. ... I did a summary statistics on the astro.com databank birth time records.
And I found, that birth times aren't rounded mostly on hour, quarter hour or half hour ... but mostly (36%) on the hour only (AA records (!)).
History is full of very radical rounding :/
(Fortunatelly it's much better these days)

Summary statistics on the cca 15.000 AA Astro-Databank birth time records:
AA astro-databank birth records
exclude several billions of people
in fact, the vast majority of the population of planet earth
the births of us ordinary mortals are frequently rounded up or rounded down
as several members working in hospitals stated they observed
that times of death as well as times of birth
are often noted hours after the event
so obviously estimated
and
that is no surprise
simply because
at times of birth and death
the medical team are not hovering over a clock
but are instead
at birth intent on the health and safety of mother and newborn
and
at death also intent on the care of the dying
in any event as I previously stated there is also the fact that
clocks themselves are mechanical/electronic objects subject to error
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 02-24-2018, 12:46 AM
Blaze's Avatar
Blaze Blaze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Now
Posts: 9,536
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Wow, this is great. Thank you so very much, kaktuzz.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 02-24-2018, 08:32 PM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 138
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Wow, this is great. Thank you so very much, kaktuzz.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 03-02-2018, 09:10 PM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 138
Re: Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

Hi,

I updated astrodatabase search engine a little bit and it's possible to search celebrities (or registered users) also by Part of Fortune now

Link: famouspeople.astro-seek.com/advanced-astro-seeker (astrodatabase of famous celebrities)

Link: horoscopes.astro-seek.com/advanced-astro-seeker (astrodatabase of registered users)
Attached Images
File Type: gif seek_celeb_weekly_02.gif (31.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: gif seek_celeb_weekly_01.gif (36.4 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaktuzz For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (03-02-2018), petosiris (03-02-2018)
Reply

Tags
astrology, calculator, chart, fortune, online, traditional

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.