Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology

Other Astrology Here, you can discuss anything else astrological that doesn't belong in the other boards. Includes medical astrology, mundane astrology, parts, sports astrology, research and development, degree symbols, fixed stars, asteroids, symbols systems, karma, and Aquarian astrology.

Unread 10-25-2017, 07:29 AM

Smile Re: Human existence: the gender of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
JA, the ancient Egyptians had a solar god, Ra (Re,) but the father-god of Judaism, Babylon, Greece, Rome, and the Levant was actually a rain and storm deity. Jupiter/Zeus, El of the Phoenicians and Syrians, and Marduk were gods of rain and storms. See also the descriptions of God in the Bible, a God who withholds rain through drought as a means of punishing immoral behavior.

Today we tend to think of the sun as the primary giver of life, but in a seasonally arid climate prone to drought, water was equally seen as essential for life.

Note that in Greco-Roman lore, Apollo (sun) was the son of Jupiter/Zeus.
The Egyptians used combinations of two deities to create another. They combined Amon (also spelled Amen), the hidden god, worshipped in secret rituals, with Ra. Amon-Ra was their version of Zeus/Jupiter. This was around the time of Moses, who was educated as an Egyptian. So the God of Moses was Amon-Ra, invincible in war, like Zeus. The name of Amon as Amen was inserted at the end of each prayer, and the Hebrew version of Amon-Ra incorporated the hidden, even invisible, nature of Amon, which was a real change from worshipping statues as idols, and graven images. An invisible God could be anywhere and everywhere. Rahu has convinced me that the Hebrew God had a wife, Ashera, a Goddess, in the original beliefs of Moses, and that she was later expunged. Notice too, the Commandment says "no other gods BEFORE Me", as opposed to "I am the One and Only god"--that came in during the Diaspora.

Last edited by david starling; 10-25-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Unread 10-26-2017, 01:43 PM

Re: Human existence: the gender of God

Gender identities

Our ideas about what it means to be a woman or a man
- that is, our gender constructs
- are given meaning and importance in our day-to-day reality.

Gender identities permeate so much of our experience
that it is easy to forget that they are just ideas
- ideas created to categorize human beings

Nevertheless, the categories of masculine and feminine
are often treated as if they were eternal truths.
But they are not.
They have no objective reality.
Because gender is a concept, it is a product of our mind
- and has no absolute existence that is separate from the mind that conceives of it.
Gender categories are not inherently real in and of themselves.

17th Karmapa - from the book:

"The Heart Is Noble: Changing the World from the Inside Out"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 10-27-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Gender identities

Our ideas about what it means to be a woman or a man
- that is, our gender constructs
- are given meaning and importance in our day-to-day reality.

Gender identities permeate so much of our experience
that it is easy to forget that they are just ideas
- ideas created to categorize human beings

Nevertheless, the categories of masculine and feminine
are often treated as if they were eternal truths.
But they are not.
They have no objective reality.
Because gender is a concept, it is a product of our mind
- and has no absolute existence that is separate from the mind that conceives of it.
Gender categories are not inherently real in and of themselves.

17th Karmapa - from the book:

"The Heart Is Noble: Changing the World from the Inside Out"

Whats important to understand is that Categories of gender are Not the same as the original masculine and feminine "aspects" of God. I believe the gender discussion is not worthy enough at this point.

Y
Unread 04-20-2019, 07:24 AM

My personal observation is that by and large, this acculturated construct exaggerating traits into male or female, is an ancient politically motivated construct to control men and restrict women.

As the can of worms that is the artificial moon wriggles loose, all these illusions will be upended.

That which I perceive as likened to the status of deity, transcends gender.

Than you have XX, XY and 0 and 1... just a little more mud for your water.

Why not ask which numbers wear dresses, and then we'll argue which among those is actually a kilt?
Unread 04-20-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
My personal observation is that by and large, this acculturated construct exaggerating traits into male or female, is an ancient politically motivated construct to control men and restrict women.

As the can of worms that is the artificial moon wriggles loose, all these illusions will be upended.

That which I perceive as likened to the status of deity, transcends gender.

Than you have XX, XY and 0 and 1... just a little more mud for your water.

Why not ask which numbers wear dresses, and then we'll argue which among those is actually a kilt?
The Aquarian Age will clarify the gender issue. The ancient gender construct will fade away.
Unread 04-21-2019, 08:16 PM

Lightbulb Re: Human existence: the gender of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
The Aquarian Age will clarify the gender issue. The ancient gender construct will fade away.
I see this trend is happening: 50 years ago, women were re-defying what it means to be female, and rejected many restrictive gender roles and customs. 25 years ago, society believed we have done away with gender, but they were incorrect. Today, more biological males are expressing themselves in what our society assumed they are feminine. In the 2000s and 10s, we had gay rights and transgender rights movements, including same-sex marriage became legal in all 50 states and territories, and our society is more familiar and tolerant of transgender people than the last century/millennia/astrological (pisces) age.
Unread 04-23-2019, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
I see this trend is happening: 50 years ago, women were re-defying what it means to be female, and rejected many restrictive gender roles and customs. 25 years ago, society believed we have done away with gender, but they were incorrect. Today, more biological males are expressing themselves in what our society assumed they are feminine. In the 2000s and 10s, we had gay rights and transgender rights movements, including same-sex marriage became legal in all 50 states and territories, and our society is more familiar and tolerant of transgender people than the last century/millennia/astrological (pisces) age.
What is "re-defying"?
Are you trying to say redefining?

The botched revisionism you parrot sounds like it came from a cardboard university professor. You really should take the time to do some research before throwing this kind of tripe out there. I won't even broach how much is wrong with your statement.

Far as a construct, the only constants are XX and XY.
At least until 5g and other degrading factors completely destroy that.

Time for some heavy Pluto studies.
Unread 04-23-2019, 02:33 AM

Quote:
What is "re-defying"?
Are you trying to say redefining?

The botched revisionism you parrot sounds like it came from a cardboard university professor. You really should take the time to do some research before throwing this kind of tripe out there. I won't even broach how much is wrong with your statement.

Far as a construct, the only constants are XX and XY.
At least until 5g and other degrading factors completely destroy that.

Time for some heavy Pluto studies.
Are you saying "gender" is ONLY about xx/xy? There are some variations, so they're not a constant.
Unread 04-23-2019, 02:58 AM

Show me the empiric evidence/science.

I really don't want this to become a sticky, but the attempt to further the invasion of women's spaces is a path to normalizing pedophilia. The end result being to ease the transition of a one-world govt where no one is perceived as outlaw and all are equal and accepted, paving the way for a slave society.

As you may ask what this has to do with women's spaces, consider how you'd feel if your girlfriend, wife, granddaughter or mother were in a bathroom with a man in a dress.

Most of us in the gay community even 40 yrs ago didn't want this, or even to be lumped together with groups that had no common ground with us. That's a fact.

At the risk of being redundant, I'm reposting this link for your consideration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mtQ1geeD_c

This would be a great time to do a chart on the AMA, and the WWW. I'm certain there are substantial significators for deception abound.
Unread 04-23-2019, 03:04 AM

AH- Mr. Starling- I looked it up myself:

Humans are born with 46 chromosomes in 23 pairs. The X and Y chromosomes determine a person’s sex. Most women are 46XX and most men are 46XY. Research suggests, however, that in a few births per thousand some individuals will be born with a single sex chromosome (45X or 45Y) (sex monosomies) and some with three or more sex chromosomes (47XXX, 47XYY or 47XXY, etc.) (sex polysomies). In addition, some males are born 46XX due to the translocation of a tiny section of the sex determining region of the Y chromosome. Similarly some females are also born 46XY due to mutations in the Y chromosome. Clearly, there are not only females who are XX and males who are XY, but rather, there is a range of chromosome complements, hormone balances, and phenotypic variations that determine sex.

From https://www.who.int/genomics/gender/en/index1.html

Seems mighty peculiar all of society MUST be upended for what I have heard is .001-.003% of the population. Then reduce that by the half that the attending delivery-room physician got right.

Bear in mind, I trust the WHO as much as the AMA and UN/NATO, which is to say, not at all.

Last edited by jac; 04-23-2019 at 03:11 AM.
Unread 07-24-2019, 04:52 AM

If God is the Cosmos, then God is both masculine and feminine, positive and negative, yin and yang......
Unread 07-24-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
AH- Mr. Starling- I looked it up myself:

Humans are born with 46 chromosomes in 23 pairs. The X and Y chromosomes determine a personís sex. Most women are 46XX and most men are 46XY. Research suggests, however, that in a few births per thousand some individuals will be born with a single sex chromosome (45X or 45Y) (sex monosomies) and some with three or more sex chromosomes (47XXX, 47XYY or 47XXY, etc.) (sex polysomies). In addition, some males are born 46XX due to the translocation of a tiny section of the sex determining region of the Y chromosome. Similarly some females are also born 46XY due to mutations in the Y chromosome. Clearly, there are not only females who are XX and males who are XY, but rather, there is a range of chromosome complements, hormone balances, and phenotypic variations that determine sex.

From https://www.who.int/genomics/gender/en/index1.html

Seems mighty peculiar all of society MUST be upended for what I have heard is .001-.003% of the population. Then reduce that by the half that the attending delivery-room physician got right.

Bear in mind, I trust the WHO as much as the AMA and UN/NATO, which is to say, not at all.
I'm hoping it's a temporary phenomenon. Problem is, the medical, pharmaceutical, and psychological industries are making a fortune off it.
Unread 07-25-2019, 02:53 AM

Why would anyone think that the one supreme being would have gender?
How anthropomorphic!

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
Opal (07-25-2019), waybread (07-25-2019)
Unread 07-25-2019, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
The Age of Aquarius gets stronger.......
Unread 07-25-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Why would anyone think that the one supreme being would have gender?
How anthropomorphic!
Why only one?

Last edited by david starling; 07-25-2019 at 07:44 AM.
Unread 07-25-2019, 07:47 AM

Then, there's that GREAT book title, "The Masks of God". (by J.C.).
Unread 07-26-2019, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Why only one?
Very good! Yes, why only one? And why any?

The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
david starling (07-26-2019)
Unread 07-26-2019, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Then, there's that GREAT book title, "The Masks of God". (by J.C.).
Read it long ago. Campbell was wonderful. But does not Campbell suggest that the various masks point to the numinosum...the one and the many?

Unread 07-26-2019, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Read it long ago. Campbell was wonderful. But does not Campbell suggest that the various masks point to the numinosum...the one and the many?
Yes, and I personally attribute it to something I've had to spend many years discovering on my own. [NAE]* But of course, agreement is very gratifying.

*[No Agreement Expected].

Last edited by david starling; 07-26-2019 at 02:32 AM.
Unread 07-26-2019, 02:21 AM

First and foremost, agreement would depend on whether one gives credence to the concept of astrological "Ages".
Secondly, it depends on whether one numbers the Signs 1 through 12, beginning with tropical Aries.
Thirdly, it depends on a belief in basic numerology.
Unread 07-26-2019, 02:36 AM

Illene, if you're still interested in an answer to your question about the one and the many, I'll explain on the basis of my previous post. Basically, I attribute it to the Age of Monotheism we're still living in.

Last edited by david starling; 07-26-2019 at 05:30 AM.
Unread 07-28-2019, 10:44 PM

David, you and I are on the same page in this matter. I think I am familar with the thesis about the astrological ages that you refer to. I don't really know if it is true, but to me it is cohesive and internally logical. In that, I find it appealing.
So no need to present the thesis to me. But you may wish to do so for those in the audience who are not familiar with it and might be interested to hear about it. It is pretty interesting.

The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
david starling (07-29-2019)
Unread 07-29-2019, 01:54 AM

Quote:
David, you and I are on the same page in this matter. I think I am familar with the thesis about the astrological ages that you refer to. I don't really know if it is true, but to me it is cohesive and internally logical. In that, I find it appealing.
So no need to present the thesis to me. But you may wish to do so for those in the audience who are not familiar with it and might be interested to hear about it. It is pretty interesting.
Yes, 12/12 deserves its own thread, so it's not scattered in so many others.
One can get a good sense of how powerful, yet how limited, the effect of the tropical Age actually is, by observing the power of Monotheism during this tropical Age of Capricorn. when it comes to the Ages, each Natal-chart is affected differently, so it's not lock-step. It's the aggregate effect and response to its Chart-influence that makes the Age what it is.

Last edited by david starling; 07-29-2019 at 02:24 AM.

Tags
existence, gender, human