Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 11-14-2019, 08:07 PM

Retrograde Mars in Scorpio

Hi,

I'm having a hard time understanding this particular placement. I know a Mars retrograde person typically has a hard time being assertive and tends to not be as open about how they feel, but from what I read about Mars in Scorpio, they also tend to be secretive about things and not display much either. How would these two energies work together? My natal chart is also attached below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chart.jpg (115.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Safu; 11-14-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Unread 11-16-2019, 09:26 AM

Re: Retrograde Mars in Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safu View Post
Hi,

I'm having a hard time understanding this particular placement. I know a Mars retrograde person typically has a hard time being assertive and tends to not be as open about how they feel, but from what I read about Mars in Scorpio, they also tend to be secretive about things and not display much either. How would these two energies work together? My natal chart is also attached below.
Someone that doesn't display aggressiveness but internally is really emotional and driven. That would be the result. Difficulty showing anger outwards but being all about it internally. Finding strength from internal stimuli.
The Following User Says Thank You to obsidianmineral For This Useful Post:
Dubyadude1986 (11-17-2019)
Unread 11-17-2019, 08:41 PM

Mars in Retrograde tends to manifest very differently in men and women. Obviously I don't want to limit it to a binary, but from what I've observed and studied, there are definite trends:

- Men with Mars in Retrograde tend to have been raised to not show their anger, which can lead to repression/blowups if not handled well. They tend to go for more dominant partners, and don't like confrontation.

- Women with Mars in Retrograde tend to not project their Mars as much as Women without it. In other words, they tend to own their Mars, and often like to be in control of their relationships.
The Following User Says Thank You to OuterPlanets89 For This Useful Post:
Dubyadude1986 (11-17-2019)
Unread 11-17-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidianmineral View Post
Someone that doesn't display aggressiveness but internally is really emotional and driven. That would be the result. Difficulty showing anger outwards but being all about it internally. Finding strength from internal stimuli.
I felt that. But mine isn't retrograde, but def felt that. It's also conjunct Moon and Pluto is our generational for us mid 80s/90s babies.

I call my aggression when I'm angry "legal aggression." Breaking laws is something that people simply do that don't have the patience to get what they want often times or know how. Instant gratification.

Follow the law. I often tell people two things when I get mad:

1. I won't break the law (good news).
2. That isn't going to help "control my behavior" very much, prevent me from succeeding at what you don't want me to succeed at, or prevent what you don't want to happen (within reason). (bad news).
2.5 Don't need to break laws to neutralize a problem. #Patience #GunsNRoses #DeliberateOffset

Last edited by Dubyadude1986; 11-17-2019 at 09:43 PM.
Unread 11-25-2019, 02:37 AM

I have retrograde Mars conjunct retrograde Saturn in Scorpio 5th house.

Still a virgin at 35.

Tags
mars, retrograde, scorpio