Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 11-13-2019, 09:29 PM

Smile Re: Should the Tropical Zodiac Include Astrological Ages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
anyone posting an opinion on this thread is entitled to that opinion
Anyone posting ON this thread should post an opinion regarding the thread topic.

Unread 11-13-2019, 09:34 PM

Re: Should the Tropical Zodiac Include Astrological Ages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Anyone posting ON this thread should post an opinion regarding the thread topic.
which includes the following
Quote:

Well, I'll describe how I arrived at a candidate for a tropical Ages method, and why I felt compelled to do it, in a new thread.

What I'm trying to understand on this one, is why nobody else bothered. Look at all the great thinkers and mystics, most of whom were and are tropicalists, who just automatically assumed that Ages were the sole province of the sidereal zodiac, without even exploring any other possibilities. Robert Hand and Robert Zoller for example. I think maybe they don't realize the Ages are the effect of Earth's wobble, and instead believe that they somehow beam down on us from the constellations. Even the sidereal Age-indicator is a function of Earth's tilt relative to the Sun. Why haven't they figured out that these are EARTH'S Ages?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 11-13-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:
which includes the following
Still waiting for your OWN opinion on this thread topic...
Unread 11-13-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:

Still waiting for your OWN opinion on this thread topic...
do enlighten us all with your own opinion
as to "why all those great thinkers and mystics of the past
somehow did not mention Tropical Ages"

Quote:

Well, I'll describe how I arrived at a candidate for a tropical Ages method, and why I felt compelled to do it, in a new thread.

What I'm trying to understand on this one, is why nobody else bothered. Look at all the great thinkers and mystics, most of whom were and are tropicalists, who just automatically assumed that Ages were the sole province of the sidereal zodiac, without even exploring any other possibilities. Robert Hand and Robert Zoller for example. I think maybe they don't realize the Ages are the effect of Earth's wobble, and instead believe that they somehow beam down on us from the constellations. Even the sidereal Age-indicator is a function of Earth's tilt relative to the Sun. Why haven't they figured out that these are EARTH'S Ages?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 11-13-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
do enlighten us all with your own opinion
as to "why all those great thinkers and mystics of the past
somehow did not mention Tropical Ages"

Please enlighten us all with YOUR own opinion on the thread topic.
Unread 11-14-2019, 02:00 AM

Sorry, I am so having Mercury Rx issues. I keep trying, I will be back when I can figure it where the other thread is.
Unread 11-14-2019, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Sorry, I am so having Mercury Rx issues. I keep trying, I will be back when I can figure it where the other thread is.
There's a rather obvious lack of participatory interest in the topic. I haven't started the new thread yet, concerning the Voyage of Discovery. The Other Astrology section might be best.
Unread 11-14-2019, 03:46 AM

Quote:
There's a rather obvious lack of participatory interest in the topic. I haven't started the new thread yet, concerning the Voyage of Discovery. The Other Astrology section might be best.
I am interested. I think Ankar might be. Passiflora, sounds interested.
JupiterAsc, is interested, or he wouldn’t be here, testing your resolve.😄Moonkat and others might join in. David, you are an interesting guy who has a lot of support here, because you are nicer, than for instance, me😄

Why the reversed polarity for tropical? I agree with the theory of the next ring of ages beyond reversing, but as it is a different system would it not as tropical go clockwise then counter, over and over. Same as I think of sidereal.

Why is it in Capricorn now?

I prefer tropical for natal. So why not.

Last edited by Opal; 11-14-2019 at 03:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
david starling (11-14-2019)
Unread 11-14-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I am interested. I think Ankar might be. Passiflora, sounds interested.
JupiterAsc, is interested, or he wouldn’t be here, testing your resolve.😄Moonkat and others might join in. David, you are an interesting guy who has a lot of support here, because you are nicer, than for instance, me😄

Why the reversed polarity for tropical? I agree with the theory of the next ring of ages beyond reversing, but as it is a different system would it not as tropical go clockwise then counter, over and over. Same as I think of sidereal.

Why is it in Capricorn now?

I prefer tropical for natal. So why not.
Got a good start on it in the Other Astrology forum. "Voyage of Discovery..." I'll tighten it up next, including some rather annoying astronomical considerations.

Tags
ages, ages6, astrological, include, tropical, zodiac