Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Unread 11-11-2019, 10:42 AM
Sweet Pea's Avatar
Sweet Pea Sweet Pea is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 450
Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

I think we've been in the Age of Aquarius for some while now - look at all the technology that's now invasive in our lives, the invisible radiation and frequencies that we're now surrounded by. The use of radiation and even lasers in surgery. The fact that everyone can now communicate with practically anyone else on the planet. A text can wing its way in a few seconds across oceans and continents. People are no longer clustering in cosy Piscean communities where caring was the norm, they are connecting over the wifi waves to people they will never meet, according to an affinity of interests - just as easily switched off as on, with only a tenuous mental connection.

And it's not just Aquarius, it's the entire fixed cross that's now coming into play. Look at the selfie-taking youngsters spending hours putting on their make-up and showing themselves off on instagram, look at how everyone can have their own youtube channel and display their creations (good and bad) - that's the Leo end of the axis.

Look at the rampant materialism of Taurus, the way that 'money speaks' and banksters rule the world, the longing in many to have all the material things and the glamorous homes that celebrities show us they have.

Look at the way sex for many young people has become the first way in which they speak to each other with sexting now the norm followed by Tinder hook-ups which also sometimes result in death to the woman as she recklessly goes home with a stranger who happens to be a psychopath. Look at the over-sexualisation of society caused by easy, mass access to ****, and the warping of young people's minds through watching it as to how sex 'ought to be'. That's Scorpio.

The only upside is that now Uranus has transited into Taurus, suddenly the perilous state of the natural world is being talked about. 5G is being challenged. Over-consumption and the damage to the environment from that new pair of jeans is being highlighted. People are stepping back from posting every detail of their lives on their facebook pages as the insidious nature of data-collecting by Big Data has become obvious.

We can only hope that in this transition of Uranus to the fixed axis, we have a window of opportunity to set a new course.

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Pea For This Useful Post:
Ancar (11-12-2019), BlackLioness87 (11-15-2019), leomoon (11-18-2019)
  #102  
Unread 11-11-2019, 02:24 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,455
Smile Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
I think we've been in the Age of Aquarius for some while now - look at all the technology that's now invasive in our lives, the invisible radiation and frequencies that we're now surrounded by. The use of radiation and even lasers in surgery. The fact that everyone can now communicate with practically anyone else on the planet. A text can wing its way in a few seconds across oceans and continents. People are no longer clustering in cosy Piscean communities where caring was the norm, they are connecting over the wifi waves to people they will never meet, according to an affinity of interests - just as easily switched off as on, with only a tenuous mental connection.

And it's not just Aquarius, it's the entire fixed cross that's now coming into play. Look at the selfie-taking youngsters spending hours putting on their make-up and showing themselves off on instagram, look at how everyone can have their own youtube channel and display their creations (good and bad) - that's the Leo end of the axis.

Look at the rampant materialism of Taurus, the way that 'money speaks' and banksters rule the world, the longing in many to have all the material things and the glamorous homes that celebrities show us they have.

Look at the way sex for many young people has become the first way in which they speak to each other with sexting now the norm followed by Tinder hook-ups which also sometimes result in death to the woman as she recklessly goes home with a stranger who happens to be a psychopath. Look at the over-sexualisation of society caused by easy, mass access to ****, and the warping of young people's minds through watching it as to how sex 'ought to be'. That's Scorpio.

The only upside is that now Uranus has transited into Taurus, suddenly the perilous state of the natural world is being talked about. 5G is being challenged. Over-consumption and the damage to the environment from that new pair of jeans is being highlighted. People are stepping back from posting every detail of their lives on their facebook pages as the insidious nature of data-collecting by Big Data has become obvious.

We can only hope that in this transition of Uranus to the fixed axis, we have a window of opportunity to set a new course.
Ancar, if you're still watching, notice the total disregard for my carefully written posts concerning the tropical Age of Capricorn, which you summarily dismissed as well. That's over 40 years of study and research completely ignored! But, I'm not discouraged. I'll just keep "speaking my truth", just as you should continue speaking yours. [IMO]

Totally agree with the last sentence though!

Last edited by david starling; 11-11-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Opal (11-14-2019)
  #103  
Unread 11-11-2019, 03:20 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,785
Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post

For the Tropical age of Capricorn to have begun
.......then we have exited the tropical age of Aquarius
.......the dawning will be an extremely long wait
.......
BobZemco once remarked:

There's a reason why things are the way they are


Sun is a Masculine Planet. Leo is a Masculine Sign. Leo is a Summer Sign.

Leo is the 5th House. The 5th House is North.
Leo is the Sun's closest northerly approach to Earth.
Sun is the giver of life and vitality.
Sun rules Leo.


Moon is a Feminine Planet. Cancer is a Feminine Sign.

Cancer is a Summer Sign. Cancer is the 4th House.
The 4th House is North. Cancer is the Moon's most northerly approach to Earth.
Moon nurtures life.
Moon rules Cancer.


Saturn is the farthest Planet away from Sun/Moon.

Saturn is Cold & Dry.

Saturn destroys life.

Saturn undoes what Sun and Moon do.

Saturn rules Capricorn because it is diametrically opposed to Moon,
and rules Aquarius because it is diametrically opposed to Sun.
That's just common sense.

We don't need 7,000 years worth of natal, horary, electional, mundane
event, profection or solar return charts to figure that out
since it constantly proves it.

Saturn is a Diurnal Planet because in a Day Chart, the heat negates
some of Saturn's destructive Cold and he isn't as cranky
and might even be only mildly rude
after his first cup of tea or coffee
instead of being the Demon from Hell.

keep in mind malefic saturn and "ages of Capricorn/Aquarius"

Saturn rules Capricorn AND Aquarius.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Unread 11-11-2019, 03:25 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,455
Smile Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
BobZemco once remarked:

There's a reason why things are the way they are


Sun is a Masculine Planet. Leo is a Masculine Sign. Leo is a Summer Sign.

Leo is the 5th House. The 5th House is North.
Leo is the Sun's closest northerly approach to Earth.
Sun is the giver of life and vitality.
Sun rules Leo.


Moon is a Feminine Planet. Cancer is a Feminine Sign.

Cancer is a Summer Sign. Cancer is the 4th House.
The 4th House is North. Cancer is the Moon's most northerly approach to Earth.
Moon nurtures life.
Moon rules Cancer.


Saturn is the farthest Planet away from Sun/Moon.

Saturn is Cold & Dry.

Saturn destroys life.

Saturn undoes what Sun and Moon do.

Saturn rules Capricorn because it is diametrically opposed to Moon,
and rules Aquarius because it is diametrically opposed to Sun.
That's just common sense.

We don't need 7,000 years worth of natal, horary, electional, mundane
event, profection or solar return charts to figure that out
since it constantly proves it.

Saturn is a Diurnal Planet because in a Day Chart, the heat negates
some of Saturn's destructive Cold and he isn't as cranky
and might even be only mildly rude
after his first cup of tea or coffee
instead of being the Demon from Hell.

keep in mind malefic saturn and "ages of Capricorn/Aquarius"

Saturn rules Capricorn AND Aquarius.
Fine for Horary, nonsensical for the Ages. [IMO]
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Ancar (11-12-2019)
  #105  
Unread 11-11-2019, 03:36 PM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 850
Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

David, in terms of observable effects, how do you differentiate the sidereal / spiritual from the tropical / material?
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Unread 11-11-2019, 03:54 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,455
Smile Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
David, in terms of observable effects, how do you differentiate the sidereal / spiritual from the tropical / material?
The mundane effects are nearly all tropical. Easy example--the Roman Empire is touted as the epitome of the sidereal Age of Aries, which was coincidental with the tropical Age of Sagittarius, both Ages nearing an end. But, the Romans strongly identified with Jupiter as king of the gods, not Mars, and were both expansive and inclusive, like Jupiter. The usual take on the sidereal Age of Aries is, that it ushered in Monotheism, since most Modernistic astrologers consider Aries as Sign #1. But, the Romans were manifestly polytheistic.
The effects of the sidereal Ages are far more subtle than those of the tropical.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Unread 11-11-2019, 04:13 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,455
Smile Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Here's a case where both types of Ages come into play: The Exodus is all about crossing through the Red Sea, into the hot, dry desert. That's a good allegory for leaving the tropical, Water-sign Age of Scorpio, and moving into the Fire-sign Age of Sagittarius. The timing is excellent also, for the ending of the tropical Age c.1350 B.C.E.
The Golden Calf incident, where the worship of the Bull becomes forbidden, and is replaced by the sacrifice of the Ram, signifies the movement out of the sidereal Age of Taurus into the sidereal Age of Aries. However, the timing is late, by several centuries, which isn't really important sidereally, since it's more spiritual and eternal compared to the temporal, mundane tropical Ages.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Ancar (11-12-2019), BlackLioness87 (11-15-2019), Opal (11-14-2019)
  #108  
Unread 11-11-2019, 04:28 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,455
Smile Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

In keeping with the temporal nature of tropical astrology, the timing of the tropical Ages depends entirely on astronomy, rather than being a matter of opinion. Same with the settings of the tropical zodiac.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Unread 11-11-2019, 05:10 PM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 850
Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Thinking out loud about psychological / awareness blocks to accepting your hypothesis, David.

Itís interesting that most siderealists donít use the transpersonal planets. Modern tropicalists do, yet it seems to me that mundane collective astrology is not very well-developed or maybe itís fairer to say that itís not very well assimilated into individual psychological astrology. Itís almost as if anything collective becomes spiritual by default, just because itís literally trans-personal.
Vedic / sidereal astrology does seem spiritual in its psychological descriptions if subtle corresponds to spiritual. At the same time, itís VERY concerned with mundane timing of mundane events.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
Opal (11-14-2019)
  #110  
Unread 11-11-2019, 06:53 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,785
Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post


Fine for Horary, nonsensical for the Ages.


[IMO]


you are entitled to your IMO
however
this is our Mundane Astrology baord
it is nonsensical to deny that - as BobZemco once remarked:
There's a reason why things are the way they are
and the following applies to natal, horary and mundane

Sun is a Masculine Planet. Leo is a Masculine Sign. Leo is a Summer Sign.

Leo is the 5th House. The 5th House is North.
Leo is the Sun's closest northerly approach to Earth.
Sun is the giver of life and vitality.
Sun rules Leo.


Moon is a Feminine Planet. Cancer is a Feminine Sign.

Cancer is a Summer Sign. Cancer is the 4th House.
The 4th House is North. Cancer is the Moon's most northerly approach to Earth.
Moon nurtures life.
Moon rules Cancer.


Saturn is the farthest Planet away from Sun/Moon.

Saturn is Cold & Dry.

Saturn destroys life.

Saturn undoes what Sun and Moon do.

Saturn rules Capricorn because it is diametrically opposed to Moon,
and rules Aquarius because it is diametrically opposed to Sun.
That's just common sense.

We don't need 7,000 years worth of natal, horary, electional, mundane
event, profection or solar return charts to figure that out
since it constantly proves it.

Saturn is a Diurnal Planet because in a Day Chart, the heat negates
some of Saturn's destructive Cold and he isn't as cranky
and might even be only mildly rude
after his first cup of tea or coffee
instead of being the Demon from Hell.

keep in mind malefic saturn and "ages of Capricorn/Aquarius"

Saturn rules Capricorn AND Aquarius.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Unread 11-11-2019, 09:20 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,455
Smile Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post


you are entitled to your IMO
however
this is our Mundane Astrology baord
it is nonsensical to deny that - as BobZemco once remarked:
There's a reason why things are the way they are
and the following applies to natal, horary and mundane

Sun is a Masculine Planet. Leo is a Masculine Sign. Leo is a Summer Sign.

Leo is the 5th House. The 5th House is North.
Leo is the Sun's closest northerly approach to Earth.
Sun is the giver of life and vitality.
Sun rules Leo.


Moon is a Feminine Planet. Cancer is a Feminine Sign.

Cancer is a Summer Sign. Cancer is the 4th House.
The 4th House is North. Cancer is the Moon's most northerly approach to Earth.
Moon nurtures life.
Moon rules Cancer.


Saturn is the farthest Planet away from Sun/Moon.

Saturn is Cold & Dry.

Saturn destroys life.

Saturn undoes what Sun and Moon do.

Saturn rules Capricorn because it is diametrically opposed to Moon,
and rules Aquarius because it is diametrically opposed to Sun.
That's just common sense.

We don't need 7,000 years worth of natal, horary, electional, mundane
event, profection or solar return charts to figure that out
since it constantly proves it.

Saturn is a Diurnal Planet because in a Day Chart, the heat negates
some of Saturn's destructive Cold and he isn't as cranky
and might even be only mildly rude
after his first cup of tea or coffee
instead of being the Demon from Hell.

keep in mind malefic saturn and "ages of Capricorn/Aquarius"

Saturn rules Capricorn AND Aquarius.
Is the Mundane board restricted to Traditionalistic rulerships? Or, is that just your [IMO]?
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Unread 11-11-2019, 09:24 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,785
Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post


Is the Mundane board restricted to Traditionalistic rulerships?
Or, is that just your [IMO]?

perhaps its just your opinion

keep in mind that Mundane is General Astrology
therefore
any form of astrology including Chinese, Vedic and so on are welcome
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Unread 11-11-2019, 09:30 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,455
Smile Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
perhaps its just your opinion

keep in mind that Mundane is General Astrology
therefore
any form of astrology including Chinese, Vedic and so on are welcome
On beyond Saturn, then!
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Unread 11-11-2019, 09:37 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,455
Smile Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Thinking out loud about psychological / awareness blocks to accepting your hypothesis, David.

Itís interesting that most siderealists donít use the transpersonal planets. Modern tropicalists do, yet it seems to me that mundane collective astrology is not very well-developed or maybe itís fairer to say that itís not very well assimilated into individual psychological astrology. Itís almost as if anything collective becomes spiritual by default, just because itís literally trans-personal.
Vedic / sidereal astrology does seem spiritual in its psychological descriptions if subtle corresponds to spiritual. At the same time, itís VERY concerned with mundane timing of mundane events.
It really is some sort of mental block. If I were to ask a logical question, like, "Since there's a way to determine the astrological Ages in the sidereal zodiac, then why shouldn't there be a way to determine them in the tropical zodiac?", what's your guess as to the general response?
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Unread 11-12-2019, 03:36 AM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
It really is some sort of mental block. If I were to ask a logical question, like, "Since there's a way to determine the astrological Ages in the sidereal zodiac, then why shouldn't there be a way to determine them in the tropical zodiac?", what's your guess as to the general response?
I absolutely think you could open a lecture that way.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
david starling (11-12-2019)
  #116  
Unread 11-12-2019, 04:15 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,455
Smile Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
I absolutely think you could open a lecture that way.
I'll try a new thread in the Modern forum, and see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Unread 11-12-2019, 05:41 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,455
Smile Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Posted it, but didn't preview the title. Somehow, it ended up with the number "6" at the end. Maybe it has a hidden meaning I'm not aware of?
Well, it is an analytical question, so maybe it's about Sign #6, Virgo, the most analytically oriented Sign.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Unread 11-13-2019, 04:49 AM
Ancar Ancar is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 26
Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Saturn destroys life. Saturn undoes what Sun and Moon do.
Excuse me, but how do you arrive at such a dire conclusion??

To quote from Alan Oken [Alan Oken's Complete Astrology, Bantam Books, 1980. p. 275]:

"Saturn is the Teacher who says: 'In order to expand your consciousness or material worth or social positions, you must first learn the structures of the Laws of the Universe, the principles of economics, and the patterns of the culture in which you live'...Saturn forces the the fulfillment of obligations and responsibilities, so that personal growth may occur."

To quote from Robert Hand (whose incredible knowledge and authority I would never dare to be arrogant enough to challenge, too often proven absolutely accurate in my own life) [Robert Hand, Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living, Para Research, 1976, p. 317]:
"Saturn is one of the most important planets to examine in your transits, for it represents the way you see and experience the universe as you have structured it.... No matter how unpleasant a Saturn transit seems at the time, it represents what you really want in life and is helping you get it. Most people are out of touch with what they truly want. If you thoroughly understand your needs and wants, you will find that Saturn simply brings about their manifestion. The 'losses' that Saturn brings are things that that you do not want or need. No matter how much you think you want them, let them go, especially relationships that Saturn may end.... No matter how unpleasant a Saturn transit seems at the time, it represents what you really want in life and is helping you get it."

Now would you care to quote some major astrologers who claim that "Saturn destroys life"? I would seriously be interested in studying that point of view.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post

Saturn...rules Aquarius because it is diametrically opposed to Sun.
That's just common sense.
How is it "diametrically opposed to Sun"? And do you mean Saturn or Aquarius is opposed to the Sun? And how it this "just common sense"?

Right after the discovery of Uranus in 1781, the American Revolution was synchronistically completed in 1783 and the French Revolution in 1789. Uranus apparently became a significant force, and not only the revolutionary and technical innovations it seems to have brought about, but even its physical nature coincide with the characteristics that have become associated with Aquarius - Uranus is the only planet found to rotate vertically, unlike all the other planets - which is so characteristically Aquarian - startlingly different, "against the grain", non-conformist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
We don't need 7,000 years worth of natal, horary, electional, mundane events, profection or solar return charts to figure that out since it constantly proves it.
Proves what? Please provide some specific documented evidence from recognized authorities to support your generalized statements above. Astrology has developed and expanded considerably in the past 7,000 years. Do we actually know that astrology in 5000 BC was as sophisticated as you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Saturn is a Diurnal Planet because in a Day Chart, the heat negates some of Saturn's destructive Cold and he isn't as cranky and might even be only mildly rude after his first cup of tea or coffee instead of being the Demon from Hell.
I'm sorry, but this is just silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Saturn rules Capricorn AND Aquarius.
I would venture to say that most modern astrologers would not agree. I believe that if you study more recent research about the discoveries of new planets and their synchronous correlations with historical events and the tropical zodiac, you would realize that Saturn no longer seems to correspond to the nature of Aquarius. Since the major revolutions in America and Europe after the discovery of Uranus in 1781, and the explosive developments of the Industrial Revolution, electricity, powered flight, etc., Uranus has come into its own and seems to fit the nature of Aquarius very well.

This is is not a matter of Uranus' physical presence (which has always been there), but its discovery. This is a startling phenomenon; I highly recommend that you read the brilliant works of Ray Grasse regarding this. I could not possibly explain in a post or PM the incredible concepts of synchronicity that he so eloquently and lucidly explicates.

Last edited by Ancar; 11-13-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ancar For This Useful Post:
leomoon (11-18-2019), Opal (11-14-2019)
  #119  
Unread 11-13-2019, 06:05 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,455
Smile Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Ancar, I have a new thread in the Modern forum entitled "Should the Tropical Zodiac Include Astrological Ages?" As you know, the sidereal Age-indicator can't tell us anything about tropical Ages, because the same point that transits the sidereal zodiac and tells us the Sign of the Age and its degree ALSO anchors the first boundary of tropical Aries.

The question is about whether you think it's possible to have separate, tropical Ages, accompanying (not replacing) the sidereal Ages, and whether you think it's necessary to know if they do in fact exist as a major astrological influence.

It may be too much to ask, but if the answer is "no", could you please explain why? I'm just curious about your opinion on the matter, whatever it may be. Not arguing, just asking.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Ancar (11-21-2019)
  #120  
Unread 11-13-2019, 10:11 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,455
Smile Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Thinking out loud about psychological / awareness blocks to accepting your hypothesis, David.

It’s interesting that most siderealists don’t use the transpersonal planets. Modern tropicalists do, yet it seems to me that mundane collective astrology is not very well-developed or maybe it’s fairer to say that it’s not very well assimilated into individual psychological astrology. It’s almost as if anything collective becomes spiritual by default, just because it’s literally trans-personal.
Vedic / sidereal astrology does seem spiritual in its psychological descriptions if subtle corresponds to spiritual. At the same time, it’s VERY concerned with mundane timing of mundane events.
I'm pretty sure that the mental block is caused by a simple misunderstanding of what the constellations are, in sidereal astrology: They're SIGNS, not actors. The actor in the case of the sidereal Ages is the moving indicator, which correlates to the Age-effect on our collective psyches--NOT the constellation it's transiting through. So, the constellational Sign imparts qualities to the Age-indicator, just as tropical Signs impart qualities. It doesn't act on us, itself.
Since tropical astrology doesn't have have constellations contained within its Sign-boundaries, and it's believed that the constellations are the CAUSE of the Age-effect, rather than just the imparters of Sign-qualities to the Age-indicator, the tropical zodiac is completely ignored, in regard to the Ages.

Last edited by david starling; 11-13-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Unread 11-20-2019, 11:06 PM
AJ Astrology AJ Astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 230
Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
It really is some sort of mental block. If I were to ask a logical question, like, "Since there's a way to determine the astrological Ages in the sidereal zodiac, then why shouldn't there be a way to determine them in the tropical zodiac?", what's your guess as to the general response?
Hi david starling,

The question has no meaning because it's totally irrelevant.

The purpose of the Ages is to mark time, not derive meaning. The attempts by modern astrologers to crow-bar meaning into astrological ages is hilarious.

I don't understand your bizarre obsession with the Age of Aquarius when you'll be long dead and gone in the year 2377 CE and the US might not even exist, but that would have nothing to do with Aquarius.

Do you even know why constellations exist?

No, you don't, because if you did, then you and the people like you wouldn't be saying the silly things you say.

You're a Neolithic agro-worker in Iraq. How do you know when to do what?

You don't exactly have a handy copy of the Farmer's Almanac that you bought from Amazon and delivered in two days with Amazon Prime, or do you?

Yes, you do, it's up in the sky.

Thanks to observations by your forebears, you await the rising of a certain star to know when to start clearing your fields. Then you wait for the rising of another to start prepping your fields. Then you wait for a series of stars to rise to tell you when to plant in your fields, unless you only plant one crop in which case you rely only one star. Then you wait for the rising of other stars much much later to tell you when to harvest the crops you planted.

If you're a herder, you watch for certain stars to rise to tell you when to move to other pastures or grazing lands, and the rising of other stars to tell you when to put the boy animals with the girl animals to make baby animals and the rising of other stars tells you when to slaughter the animals or shear sheep for wool.

People have often used mnemonic devices and art to help them remember things so grouping those stars in the pretty pictures that we call constellations to remember them makes sense.

They were aware of precession. It's embodied in their numbering system, Base 60. The sacred numbers are 12, 30, 60, 72, 360, 3,600 and 432,000.

72 is the number of years it takes for the skies to retard 1 degree.

It wouldn't have taken them long to figure out that after a time, certain stars are now useless for farming and animal husbandry, but that's okay, they just picked new stars and kept on keeping on.

So.....

We have David Starling the Sidereal Farmer.

Poor David.

The star that used to rise in March to tell David when to start clearing his fields now rises in July and poor David is out there trying so desperately to clear his fields and prep them so he can plant a crop that gets killed by the first frost long before it matures.

David has no crops, so no food and nothing to sell and David's wife spits on his shoes three times and divorces him and takes his kids to live with another man and David gets drafted in the king's army since he's a terrible farmer and David gets run through with a spear in some battle.

Or....we have David Starling the Tropical Farmer.

Highly successful and respected, with plenty of crops for food and to sell to buy jewelry because his wife who adores his money likes gold jewelry and David's kids are happy because they get to go to the very expensive private School for the Elites and learn cuneiform...and all because David pays attention to the Tropical Zodiac and not the useless Sidereal Zodiac.

That's why we use tropical.

We're born on Earth and everything is tied to the Four Seasons. Things are born (Spring), flower (Summer), wither (Fall) and die (Winter).

Your life is a helluva lot like that. You're born. You grow. You wither. You die.

The parallels are like really obvious.

Unlike the idiot Greeks, everyone knew Earth was a sphere, so the sacred number 360 which is the number of degrees of Earth is divided by the sacred number 12 to get the sacred number 30.

Every civilization had a pantheon of 12 gods until about the 2nd Babylonian Empire.

You have city-states that eventually merge into Sumer. Then Sargon of Akkad, after consulting his astrologers, invades and conquers Sumer ~2350 BCE. That lasts about a century before the Gutians conquer the Akkadians. A century later the Sumerians rise up and overthrow the Gutians ~2150 BCE.

Then the even that destroys Sodom and Gomorrah destroys Sumer. It's abandoned and never inhabited again. The Amorites, who everyone erroneously calls "Babylonians" start the first Babylonian Empire around ~1830 BCE. They're over-run by they Khush ~1530 BCE who lived south of Gutium and next to Elam, which was destroyed by the Medes and Persians.

A group of combined ethnic groups establishes the 2nd Babylonian Empire around 1125 BCE and they're over-run by the Assyrians in 729 BCE, then another group I prefer to call the Chaldeans establishes the 3rd Babylonian Empire in 612 BCE, then Cyrus the Mede of Persia trashes them in 539 BCE.

Each of the 12 gods was associated with the 12 constellations, which were sometimes called the "Divine Constellations" to distinguish them from the 12 constellations in the northern hemisphere known as the Way of Enlil and the 12 constellations in the southern hemisphere know as the Way of Enki.

Until a few centuries ago, New Year's Day was always the vernal equinox.

So it was in ancient times. Everything begins with the day Sun rises exactly at the equator. That's Day #1. There are 12 gods, 12 signs, and 12 months. 360 / 12 is the sacred number 30 and that's how the constellations were divided. The fact that a constellation might be bigger or smaller than 30 degrees was not relevant to them. They created they constellations, so they were fully aware they were purely imaginary lines in the heavens.

All that matters is what happens in a given month starting from the day Sun rises on the equator.

And that depends on the season of the year.

That's why we use tropical, because it's tied to Earth, not space.

Were you born in space?

I think not, but if you really, really believe you were, then sidereal might make sense.

There's a clay tablet that lists the ages with commentary starting with Pisces 27,000 years ago.

As fate would have it, the tablet is broken, so we can't see the commentary for the Ages of Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn or Sagittarius, and only part of the commentary for Scorpio.

The commentary for the Ages of Libra, Virgo, Leo, Cancer and Gemini is unremarkable, save for Leo.

The commentary for Leo says the Deluge, not the stupid "Flood" stuff, happened in Leo and sphinx with the head of lion was built in Egypt as a memorial.

There's no commentary for the Age of Taurus, which is quite telling. The tablet was written during the Age of Taurus, but that's not why there's no commentary.

There's no commentary because ages have no meaning, which again leads to question why you're so insistent on attaching meaning to something that doesn't have any meaning, and worse than that, any meaning you attach is 100% subjective and so totally and completely worthless, except to you maybe.

The only thing they did was cast ingress charts for ages. They cast a chart for the transition from Gemini to Taurus. The transition from Taurus to Aries was, well, very very contentious. I don't feel like explaining it, but three different groups had three different dates for the Age of Aries.

You don't see art work showing the Bull fighting the Twins at the transition, but you do see art work showing the Ram fighting the Bull. That's because it was contested.

If there is a meaning, then the meaning of the Age of Pisces 27,000 years ago means the exact same thing right now this minute and whatever the meaning of the Age of Aquarius was 25,000 years will mean the same in future.

The fact that there's more people Earth is relevant and to suggest that having a greater population alters the meaning is indicative of a highly subjective view, which is neither logical nor rational, and doesn't really have any place in astrology.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Unread 11-21-2019, 12:51 AM
AJ Astrology AJ Astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 230
Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancar View Post
Excuse me, but how do you arrive at such a dire conclusion??
Now would you care to quote some major astrologers who claim that "Saturn destroys life"? I would seriously be interested in studying that point of view.
Hi Ancar,

We have a special section of the forum for beginners like you, so you can learn the difference between a transiting planet and a natal planet and a transit chart and a natal chart.

You can begin your quest with Dorotheus of Sidon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancar View Post
How is it "diametrically opposed to Sun"?
The phrase diametrically opposed means to be completely and directly in opposition to something.

I hope you're not suggesting Leo isn't opposite Aquarius or that Cancer isn't opposite Capricorn, because that would be silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancar View Post
And do you mean Saturn or Aquarius is opposed to the Sun? And how it this "just common sense"?


Since you don't understand why the chart is constructed the way it is, I will be happy to explain it to you.

The signs of Mercury and Jupiter are diametrically opposed, meaning they are completely and directly in opposition to each other.

Mercury is logic and reason and Jupiter is philosophy and beliefs.

The signs of Venus and Mars are diametrically opposed, meaning they are completely and directly in opposition to each other.

You can dumb it down to Venus is pleasure and Mars is pain.

Pleasure and pain are diametrically opposed.

There are 12 signs, but 7 celestial bodies. 5 of those celestial bodies are planets and 2 are luminaries, and because they are luminaries, they are treated differently than the planets.

The 5 planets are given 2 signs each: a masculine sign for day and a feminine sign for night.

Since day/night doesn't make sense with luminaries, they were given 1 sign each, a masculine sign for Sun and a feminine sign for Moon, which conforms to day/night.

The reason the luminaries diametrically oppose Saturn is because Saturn is Lord of the Planets and Lord of the Darkness.

Dark and light and day and night are diametrically opposed. I would hope you could see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancar View Post
Right after the discovery of Uranus in 1781, the American Revolution was synchronistically completed in 1783 and the French Revolution in 1789. Uranus apparently became a significant force, and not only the revolutionary and technical innovations it seems to have brought about, but even its physical nature coincide with the characteristics that have become associated with Aquarius - Uranus is the only planet found to rotate vertically, unlike all the other planets - which is so characteristically Aquarian - startlingly different, "against the grain", non-conformist.
No.

If Uranus suddenly formed in 1781, you might have an argument, but the scientific evidence shows Uranus existed long before 1781.

What you're presenting is nothing short of tautology; a circular argument.

You people find an asteroid, name it Eros, and then claim that because the name of the asteroid is Eros it must be about love. Or, you find an asteroid and name it Pallas, then claim that because the asteroid's name is Pallas it must be about war.

That's sheer tautology.

Are you saying that if Uranus had not been discovered the American War of Colonial Independence and the French Revolution would not have happened?

That would be wrong. Those events would have happened whether Uranus was discovered or not and even if Uranus existed or not.

Obviously you're not aware that a certain class of wars is called "civil wars" and they include revolutions, wars of colonial independence, wars of national independence and few others.

The purpose of a revolution is to overthrow the government and establish a new government. That's exactly what the French did. The whole point was to eliminate the monarchy, not create new countries.

Are you suggesting colonial troops landed in Britain and assaulted Westminster Abbey?

The whole point of the conflict was to gain independence and create 13 new countries...which is exactly what the Declaration of Independence did....not overthrow the monarchy.

Is there or is there not a Queen of England?

There is.

So your claim is based on a misunderstanding of history.

Likewise, technological innovations would have occurred Uranus was discovered or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancar View Post
Proves what? Please provide some specific documented evidence from recognized authorities to support your generalized statements above. Astrology has developed and expanded considerably in the past 7,000 years. Do we actually know that astrology in 5000 BC was as sophisticated as you suggest?


Sargon of Akkad thought so.

His astrologers cast charts so he would know when to invade and conquer Sumer in 2350 BCE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancar View Post
I would venture to say that most modern astrologers would not agree.


You should read Kyosti Tarvainen, He's a mathematician, and specifically a statistician. He regularly publishes his peer-reviewed study in a British journal called Correlations (it's about math and statistics and specifically correlations between data sets).

Here's some of the things he's said:

ďThe corresponding p-value for the tropical zodiac is 0.0005, and 0.2 for the sidereal zodiac. Hence, this is a strong indication in favour of the tropical zodiac.Ē

In plain English it means the tropical zodiac is 400x more accurate than the sidereal zodiac for astrological chart readings.

Put another way, you might get 1 out of 400 charts right if you use sidereal.

Some other conclusions from his statistical peer-reviewed studies published in journals:

1) if you use houses, Koch is best. The other two are Whole and Equal Sign. I use Whole Sign and while I don't know the methodology used in the study, I have to believe fault lies with the astrologer and not the house system. If I had to use house systems, I'd use Koch.

2) applying orbs for Sun and Moon should be 2 degrees more.

3) Davison's method of synastry is worthless. Read Robert Hand when doing synastry or use classical traditional synastry.

4) secondary progressions are totally useless.

5) only midpoints involving the Ascendant, MC, Sun and Moon are valid. All others fail.

6) another study on synastry proved composite charts are a waste of time. Traditional synastry or Hand's version are highly accurate. Key is partner's Sun in H1, H5 or H7. The more trines there are between Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Ascendant and MC the better.

7) Ann Henning is a modern astrologer and her techniques on profession are highly accurate.

8) there's no difference in strength in applying aspects. Whether the orb is tight or loose is irrelevant.

9) Pisces really is weak and Sun in Pisces is even weaker. Those people lack ambition, unless Sun is made strong by aspects from other planets.

10) the LOF formula for night doesn't work. Use day formula all the time. Aspects to LOF matter. 1 degree except 2 degrees for Sun and Moon.

11) Jupiter really is important for theologians and philosophers.

12) Mars and Mercury really are important for lawyers and Saturn and Mercury for journalists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancar View Post
I believe that if you study more recent research about the discoveries of new planets and their synchronous correlations with historical events and the tropical zodiac, you would realize that Saturn no longer seems to correspond to the nature of Aquarius. Since the major revolutions in America and Europe after the discovery of Uranus in 1781, and the explosive developments of the Industrial Revolution, electricity, powered flight, etc., Uranus has come into its own and seems to fit the nature of Aquarius very well.


There's no correlation or causation.

The burden of proof is upon you to show those events would not have occurred if Uranus had not been discovered.

There's a new word you might want to add to your vocabulary: Coincidence.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Unread 11-21-2019, 01:39 AM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: x marks the spot
Posts: 796
Hi Ancar! And David, didnít see that before.

Take a deep breath, and laugh it off man! He is like this with everyone, on every thread. Have a good day Ancar! And David!

Opal

Last edited by Opal; 11-21-2019 at 03:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
Ancar (11-21-2019), david starling (11-21-2019)
Reply

Tags
aquarius, side, ugly

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.