Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

david starling

Modernist astrologers are not in agreement re: "outer domicile co-rulership" :smile:

Yes, and the nostalgic attempt to mix Traditional Domiciles with Modern, which includes the 3 Outermosts as Domicile-rulers, is quite awkward.
Traditional stops at Saturn, and turns back. Modern keeps going beyond Saturn.

YonyGursho

Yes, and the nostalgic attempt to mix Traditional Domiciles with Modern, which includes the 3 Outermosts as Domicile-rulers, is quite awkward.
Traditional stops at Saturn, and turns back. Modern keeps going beyond Saturn.

Saturn is all about traditionalism, so what makes you say that? Modern ends at Saturn and Aquarius is the stage where tradition dies and the last stage of a humans evolution, human dies at Aquarius stage.

After Aquarius is Pisces, Pisces is the stage where the human soul travels to the next plane of reality/existence and attains its own spiritual potential.

The zodiac is the evolving of the human soul in terms of spiritual awareness.

Last edited:

david starling

Saturn is all about traditionalism, so what makes you say that? Modern ends at Saturn and Aquarius is the stage where tradition dies and the last stage of a humans evolution, human dies at Aquarius stage.

After Aquarius is Pisces, Pisces is the stage where the human soul travels to the next plane of reality/existence and attains its own spiritual potential.

The zodiac is the evolving of the human soul in terms of spiritual awareness.

Modern astrology includes Planets beyond Saturn as Domicile-rulers. So, Modern astrology doesn't "end at Saturn" in that sense. Maybe you misread my previous post? :unsure:

JUPITERASC

Modern astrology includes Planets beyond Saturn as Domicile-rulers. So, Modern astrology doesn't "end at Saturn" in that sense. Maybe you misread my previous post? :unsure:
Modernist astrologers include outers only as co-rulers :smile:

Modernist astrologers continue to use traditional rulers as well

JUPITERASC

The Cardinal-signs are innovative, because they each begin a new seasonal quadrant. The Fixed-signs establish and intensify the innovations. The Mutable-signs are variational and expansive.
Capricorn is innovative because it's Cardinal, materialistic because it's an Earth-sign, and stays within the limitations imposed by its Domicile-ruler, Saturn.
Aquarius can move beyond Saturnian restrictions because of its Uranian Domicile-rulership, and into the non-materialistic realms because it's an Air-sign.
Modernist astrologers are not in agreement re: "outer domicile co-rulership" :smile:

Yes, and the nostalgic attempt to mix Traditional Domiciles with Modern,
which includes the 3 Outermosts as Domicile-rulers, is quite awkward.
awkward for modernist astrologers
that traditional rulers are essential
the outers are merely modernist co-rulers
and there remains continual disagreement amongst differing modernists
as to which outer co-rules with traditional planets

Traditional stops at Saturn, and turns back.
Modern keeps going beyond Saturn.
traditional outers for two thousand years are Jupiter and Saturn :smile:
Modernist astrology cannot function adequately
without the support of traditional principles

david starling

Notice that, in Traditional astrology, two Signs can have the same Domicle-ruler. But in the awkward Mod/Trad hybrid, one Sign has two Domicile-rulers in the cases of only 3 Signs--Scorpio, Aquarius, and Pisces.

ardentika

Wrong. 11th is the matters of eccentricity and innovation in one's life.

One house doesn't mean one thing. 7th isn't JUST the partner but open enemies too. 8th isn't JUST sex but occult and death and mystic knowledge.

Eccentricity is something that's up to each individual. What you find eccentric, I don't. What you find innovative, I don't. So your views are kind of plain and simplistic. That doesn't really work with astrology.

katydid

One house doesn't mean one thing. 7th isn't JUST the partner but open enemies too. 8th isn't JUST sex but occult and death and mystic knowledge.

Eccentricity is something that's up to each individual. What you find eccentric, I don't. What you find innovative, I don't. So your views are kind of plain and simplistic. That doesn't really work with astrology.

This^^^.:wink:

YonyGursho

What exactly are you saying here? Because im not sure im following.

11th house is the matters of eccentricity and innovation in one's life. I don't see why you're disagreeing with that idea.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member

11th house is the matters of eccentricity and innovation in one's life. I don't see why you're disagreeing with that idea.

Ardentika is correct, as is David, astrology is multifaceted. Aquarius of course is ruled by Uranus, but the houses stand for many things 11th is also friends.....innovation is also derived by aspects.....nothing is completely black or white

david starling

Standard for H11 is "friends". Haven't heard eccentricity and innovation until now. Where's it from?

Last edited:

david starling

Modernist astrologers use Uranus as co-ruler of Aquarius as well as Saturn :smile:

Modern is defined as using the 3 Outermosts as Sign-rulers AT ALL, whether as sole Domicile-rulers, or as Co-Domicile-rulers.
No statistics on how many are in one camp or the other, but ALL are classified as Modern.

david starling

Standard for H11 is "friends". Haven't heard eccentricity and innovation until now. Where's it from?

I like it quite a bit, except I would categorize it somewhat differently. Since H10 is about fitting in with the group, I would call H11 "Individualistic". That leads to non-comformity, which may or may not be viewed as eccentric.
And, instead of innovation, "Solutions", not just anything new for its own sake, but an intelligent way to solve a problem.
Thanks for sharing!

JUPITERASC

11th house is the matters of eccentricity and innovation in one's life.
I don't see why you're disagreeing with that idea.
Standard for H11 is "friends".

Haven't heard eccentricity and innovation until now. Where's it from?
I like it quite a bit, except I would categorize it somewhat differently.

Since H10 is about fitting in with the group

10th house = Career :smile:

I would call H11 "Individualistic". That leads to non-comformity, which may or may not be viewed as eccentric.
And, instead of innovation, "Solutions", not just anything new for its own sake, but an intelligent way to solve a problem.
Thanks for sharing!