Borderline Personality Disorder

astrokat

Thanks Melissa.
I don't fit the mold so much. Like I am outgoing and have many friends. A great job and
Successful. I
Also happen to have emotional dysfunction... Apparently.

Most people have some level of emotional dysfunction.

DBT is an amazing therapy. I wish my family member would have stuck with it. I think it would have helped.

I think the bonus for you is that your moon is in Taurus. Not too much erratic fluctuations in emotion. The square between Saturn and Moon is very wide and that seems to be easier in recovering from depression that from what I've seen in my family members charts that have very close squares between those two.

The Neptune square mercury can sometimes be a hard one but it's a separating aspect.

I wish you much luck with DBT if you choose to engage in that therapy. I also wish you much love in your life and happiness too. Take care!

Jmm124567

BPD is very Scorpio so you are going to want to look at negative aspects to Pluto and Mars. The combination of Moon square Pluto, Mercury square Mars and Venus square Mars fits many BPD symptoms.

Mars with Pluto or/and Mars with Saturn...

Mars 1st house....

Aries ascendant

Mars Pisces, Libra...

Moon with Saturn...

Neither everyone has these placements (or one of them) is a BPD. But, I know people who are Borderline and have these aspects.

Borderline is very different from Bipolar. But, many people confuse them.

smiles4miles333

I am a Sagittarius Sun/Mars.
BUT i have a Scorpio Stellium..my venus, mercury, jupiter, pluto and other planetary/asteroid aspects.
MY MOON(emotions)-Taurus.

I also would like to mention-Saturn freezes/blocks whatever it touches.
And Chiron-wounds whatever it touches.

For example- You have your 1st house/The Ascendant. This includes your personality, your natural demeanor, and outlook on life. Whatever may effect that beginning of life can hurt later.
Psychologists state, "What trauma is in our childhood will affect us into adulthood."
Now if Saturn..is in your 1st house, I could see it freezing/blocking that first part of life. Maybe abuse, you didnt have a 'normal' childhood, you moved a lot and couldn't adjust, or something similar.

Most people with Borderline Personality Disorder have had abuse in their childhood.
I would think anyone with an aspect that damages or wounds the 1st(your self), 4th(family life), possibly 7th(marriage/partnerships/relationships), and definitely your 8TH House(sexuality/transformation/psychology/addiction) would suffer from something related. The 12th house(subconscious/fears/deep emotions/Triggers)

Now look at the rulers of these and some of their traits...
-1st house- Ruler: Aries/Mars(Aggression)...Impulsive, aggressive, restless, motivated, very driven, and open to new experiences.
-4th house- Ruler: Cancer/Moon(Emotions)...Family-oriented, emotional, sensitive, intuitive and possessive when it comes to the few you love.
-7th house- Ruler: Libra/Venus(how you Love)...Socially inclined, narcissist at heart, You help mend/combine relationships, natural eye for beauty, gift of making others feel important.
-8th house- Ruler: Scorpio/Pluto(Transformation)...Emotional, Passionate, Persistant, very strong-willed(especially how others see you), but on the inside is a whole other turbulence. It's like a layer upon layer, upon boxes inside a Labyrinth.
-12th house- Ruler: Pisces/Neptune(Delusions/Deceptions)...Intuitive, Very Changeable/Moody, Imaginative, Enormously influenced by surroundings,You look for good in others mostly because you dream of a perfect world.

Now think of all of those above^^^And how someone with Borderline Personality is. I would say all of those can be associated with this disorder.

BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER TRAITS-(some with an Astrological sign and an Example)

Extreme reactions—including panic, depression, rage, or frantic actions—to abandonment, whether real or perceived..
(ARIES..rage/frantic actions, CANCER-family/friends gone, LIBRA..no socialization, PISCES..real or perceived thoughts)

A pattern of intense and stormy relationships with family, friends, and loved ones, often veering from extreme closeness and love (idealization) to extreme dislike or anger (devaluation)
(SCORPIO..turbulent storm of emotions/no one proving their worth/trusting, CANCER/LIBRA..family-relationships, PISCES..when they realize the person of their dreams isnt that great, ARIES..why they are usually alone/lead others until they betray them)

Distorted and unstable self-image or sense of self, which can result in sudden changes in feelings, opinions, values, or plans and goals for the future (such as school or career choices)

Impulsive and often dangerous behaviors, such as spending sprees, unsafe sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, and binge eating
(ARIES, CANCER, LIBRA, SCORPIO, PISCES..pick your poison ;) )

Recurring suicidal behaviors or threats or self-harming behavior, such as cutting

Intense and highly changeable moods, with each episode lasting from a few hours to a few days.
(WATER SIGNS...CANCER, SCORPIO, PISCES..and a dash of hot-headed ARIES)

Chronic feelings of emptiness and/or boredom
(ARIES..restless spirit/must-do-something attitude, SCORPIO/PISCES..depths of dispair/no one loves me/they dont understand me)

Inappropriate, intense anger or problems controlling anger

Having stress-related paranoid thoughts or severe dissociative symptoms, such as feeling cut off from oneself, observing oneself from outside the body, or losing touch with reality. (PISCES..but all of them are in this one..just depends which gets to them)

(Traits are from this site listed below)
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/borderline-personality-disorder/index.shtml#part_145389

AND that is my explanation!!! Enjoy :)

anca

Account Closed
Great! I qualify almost for everything.
It's amazing how many people waste time, money, resources to compartmentalize human feelings, thoughts, behaviour, dreams into such stupidity.....and even more amazing is how many people believe in this 'borderline whatever'.....

melisa

Smiles---Thanks for your well thought out detailed post You wrote
Extreme reactions—including panic, depression, rage, or frantic actions—to abandonment, whether real or perceived..
(ARIES..rage/frantic actions, CANCER-family/friends gone, LIBRA..no socialization, PISCES..real or perceived thoughts)

-----Yes the extreme reactions can be caused by the above. I would add also Neptune squares or 4th house Pluto issues related to the abandonment fears.

Anca, it may be hard for you to accept that people have mental illness or mental issues. It's not a matter of people "believing in this borderline
whatever"...It's not a religion to be believed in or not. It's based on research and is included in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental disorders.
Some people believe in astrology, some don't. Some believe in astrology and also realize that there is scientific research on illnesses people have

NRodin

I think many people can get MPD upon going through enough trauma. Strong Gemini in the chart can amplify the chances, and a lot of water prominent in the chart can fuel a MPD too I would say. Typically a lot of earth in the chart would create more rigidity and prevent this disorder. I think it's a bit too tough to get really specific on placements really. Though Jupiter and Saturn in Gemini in the 12th house is sticking out to me right now lol.

Mere9991

I have BPD. Astrologically speaking I have an empty 1st and 4th house, however my natal sun is in the 7th house which opposes my natal ascendant. I have an 8th house stellium in cancer (natal moon, mars, Venus, and Chiron occupy this house) which opposition both my natal 2nd house Uranus and Neptune. Pluto is in my natal 12th house and interestingly enough my natal sun and ascendant are on cusps (Taurus/Gemini sun and Scorpio/Sagittarius ascendant).

I think this disorder is different for everyone. For me personally I never truly felt like I knew my place in the world. I have conflicting emotions and when presented with negative emotions by others I react. At work I become aggressive (I have had more than enough work related problems), I experience extreme emotional outbursts, I change careers, goals, and life paths frequently. I’ve only had a few stable relationships in my life and I constantly fear abandonment. I grew up in an abusive and unstable household and I think the root of my disorder stems from dissociating myself as a child as a coping mechanism. Some days I can put my all into achieving a task or a goal and some days you’re only getting the bare minimum out of me. I don’t wish this disorder upon anyone it’s very hard to live with. I think I got into astrology heavily because this was the only sound way I could make some sense of who I am.

Mere9991

I heard of that book. I saw at the local bookstore and I plan on going out later on to read it. Astrologically speaking, I believe a lot of my natal placements in Cancer have a lot to do with the disorder. I’m constantly under psychological stress and I react very emotionally and impulsively. When I feel emotions I feel them very quick and intense (Mars in Cancer). I’ve got an empty natal 4th house house ruler is Pisces) in which my home environment growing up til now was turbulent, inconsistent parenting (I was one day praised for a task and then other days would be reprimanded for same task). Pluto is in my natal 12th house which represents deep psychological wounds. Pluto trines my natal Venus... I can love like no other yet I fear abandonment. Luckily for me, the one sense of stability in my life that I have is a loving, and supportive boyfriend but even so, my mind will periodically play tricks on me.

Meluzina

The problem so far seems to be that you still don't know what borderline personality is. Ok, according to object relation theory, it is a specific constellation of ego (and nope, normal people are nothing like bordeline, you can say that with some neurosis but this is sliding to psychosis). Bear with me now. A baby is born. A baby thinks he is still one with his mother. He has some images of him he has some images of her. He thinks they are representation of one 'self'. However, he starts to devide two categories: bad images and good images. He doesn't want to compromize his world so he thinks that good self and bad self are two separate things. Good him and his mother are awesome and has nothing to do with bad them. That is called splitting mechanism. That is the main characteristic of borderline ego and you know it under the term idealization and devaluation. Healthy adult people do not do this. What is really happenenig is that borderline people until their adulthood don't understand (rationally yes, emotionally no) that good is the flip side of bad, they literally feel like they are two distinct things. So one thing you really need to look for is the split, two sides. They are split by this axis internally, applying to their self. So you know, even the gemini could be examplary. Different symptoms are derived from this but this is really the core that needs to be there. Now why does it happen. Back to the story. The mother here is so uncertain and so emotionally unsatisfying and distant that the babys world would collapse if he put the two pieces togheter, because the bad side would vastly overweight and swallow the good traits. Normally they are somehow balanced and that enables them to be put togheter. Here, no. So another very important trait you can look for is lack of love, care and support of motherside. Your thoughts about where the father traits are are unfruitful. Now back to the story again. Normal baby is able to put good and bad togheter. Instead of this devide they apply devide between 'myself' and 'herself'. They come to understand that they are a separated thing and mother is a separated thing and they have their own lives. They start to make their own experiences like walking to the other side of the room which makes them feel almighty in that moment so they start to built selfconfidence. They feel they still have a mother to return to so everything seems ok. Borderline baby's gods are too cruel for him to do this. He won't separate himself because if he had done that, he would be alone for all eternity because hack their mother would forget about them in seconds. So another vital trait is lack of self. Self is compromised in the most profound way, with no clear boundaries. They have problem to distinguish between them and their surroundings. Again, many symptoms are derived like anxiety, emotional agony, insecurity, lack of selfconfidence, fear of abandonment, which they have, because if they were alone they would be just f-cked.

Many people can have anxiety, low selfesteem, be impulsive, drink too much, fear being alone and so on, but what is the trade-mark of borderline ppl is: 1. splitting, 2. very poor emotional backround from the mother in very early childhood, 3.basically no solid self to the point where they do not know, who they are. These are the traits you need to look for.

oweeoo

i have been diagnosed with bpd. after being diagnosed, i looked at my natal chart in full and noticed i had several placements/aspects/etc that were very similar if not exactly the same as some of my bpd symptoms, with, in my opinion, my most notable and frequent symptom/placement being my pisces moon idealizing someone i barely know and making me quite emotional and lost in my feelings. i would definitely argue the chart of someone with bpd would show some symptoms of theirs

liberated19

hello i just joined today, i have been diagnosed with bpd and fibromyalgia I think that inflicted moon, also i the moon and north node and mars in my natal chart 12th house, piesces is also 12th house, neptune the planet that rules pieces is the strongest planet in my chart also, but i think whatever transirt is happening brings the symptoms up more.

love-thinking

Hi---
I am curious if there are factors indicating borderline personallity disorder. With the impulsivity, instability of moods and feelings, substance abuse or binge eating, and seeing people in extremes, along with the cutting off and then reuniting of relationships with partner, I would guess:
--Heavy Pluto influences
---Heavy Moon influences
----Moon oppose Pluto, Venus oppose Pluto
---Uranus in harsh aspect to mmoon and 7th house
---Uranus and Moon in harsh aspect to Venus
---Mercury in harsh aspect to Mercury
---Neptune to Venus aspects

Melisa

I have been implied to have this by the doctor of my university. After giving me phone couselling, I just entirely stopped answering my calls. This is my natal aspects.

Moon in taurus opposite pluto conjunct algol
Moon in 8th house
Moon trine uranus, and neptune, and mars
Stellium in fourth house capricorn.
Venus in aquarius quintile pluto

Since I've stopped answering my calls, I've stopped drinking, and solely focused on school, and my future and nothing else.

So what triggered this. My ex returned, humiliated me in public, and once I reacted to it, he ghosted me. He was the only love in my life but I am a slut in his eyes because in his mind, girls like me doesn't exist. Accused his past girlfriends of cheating, got a younger woman(I was 19), got her to have sex(lose her virginity), only to ghost her and accuse her of cheating. 2 years later after I got my life together and overcame the suicidal feelings he had left me, guess who returns?

So I think it's important to remember that it's kind of a spectrum. People will broad cast certain BPD symptoms at a particular time in life because these are what is triggered. People will attract certain people (sometimes because of their birth chart) and exhibit BPD symptoms. People will have bad childhoods to one day set them up to choose unavailable friendships/relationships and this will trigger their anxious-ambivelent attachment style. People will solve their unconscious issues with parents by choosing exactly the same kind of mates.

What I'm trying to say is people tend to label people so easily and in such a shallow way without really thinking about all aspects. They barely look at the psychological facet, environmental aspects, or even how the person's childhood is. They rarely look at how we as a human species have evolved.

For example, for a woman having sex without any promise of a man staying would be a highly costly mating strategy. Whereas for a man, it's like winning the lottery. But when women exhibit any qualities of being demanding, clinginess, inabilitiy to get over a relationship quickly, what are we labeled as? BPD? Crazy girlfriend? We are bombarded every day with media telling us if men can have one night stands we should be able to as well, but that's not how we have evolved. Couple that with bad childhoods, absent moms or dads, sexual abuse, bullying and more, I'm sorry but what do you expect?

No one thinks about these things or these things holistically, they just assign you a label and believe CBT or a pill will help.

dcps10

Today is the World Mental Health Day.

I have BPD and here's the aspects, as well as other configurations I identify immediately with this mental disorder:

02/16/1994 cancer rising; moon in taurus intercepted (not able to deal with emotions)

Recently found out about intercepted houses, so I have the axis 5th house Libra with Scorpio intercepted (Jupiter, Pluto and NN) and 11th house Aries with Taurus intercepted (Lilith, Moon and SN).

With these signs being intercepted there's an uneasiness on the matters relating to each of them. Taurus being the lack of security or else stability, not feeling safe, not being valued, mostly not being loved, as Venus rules Taurus. And Scorpio being the fear of the deep dark inside world, hidden, painful, and avoiding it.

I'm not sure but those intercepted planets might have been expressed fully in a past life so in this life they operate in an intuitive way. Or else they were just not fully grasped because BPD subjects didn't get contact to these traits when young.

Furthermore,

Sun in Aquarius (27Aq) (fall) tight square Pluto (28Sc) (20') and nodes (28Sc-28Ta)
Stellium with sun (27Aq), saturn(2ºPi), and Mercury-Venus (5ºPi) (10') both semisquare Neptune (22Cp)
Stellium in the 9th square Pluto and nodes
Moon in Taurus (4º) tending to a square to Mars in the 8th (anger) to Uranus (24Cp) in 7th, together with Neptune (22Cp) in the 7th (uneasiness with relationships)
Moon biseptile Neptune
Moon wide opposition to Jupiter
Mercury in Detriment and Retrograde heavily aspected
Venus exalted in pisces, however, but heavily aspected
Mars in Aquarius square Jupiter (47')
Midheaven in Pisces
Part of Fortune in Virgo in IC (rich inner world)
Chiron (6ºVi) in the 3rd opposite Stellium

That's all
Thank you for introducing this topic to this forum.

Last edited:

amberc

My sister was professionally diagnosed with BPD last year. My mother also has BPD.

My ex husband also has BPD and I have numerous close friends that suffer from BPD, depression and severe anxiety. I seem to attract people with this condition and am wondering if there is anything in my chart that indicates that? I myself am fortunate to not have any mental health issues and am often described by my friends and family as a "rock".

My sister is also curious to see what might be in her natal chart on the subject!
It seems to be a running theme in both our lives, but I'm not really sure what to look for in the chart ...

Any light that could be shed on the subject would be greatly appreciated! hannah.jpg

Attachments

• astro_2gw_amber.55067.144216.jpg
    astro_2gw_amber.55067.144216.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 77

Tenofcups

Hi Melisa. Just my own opinion. I have a highly aspected Pluto and Sun C Pluto and a Quindecile (exact) Sun/Moon. I have also begun work on my Masters in Mental Health counseling.

Personally, and because I have such heavy Plutonian aspects, I would not Denote Pluto with Borderline specifically. Here's why:

Pluto for me, operates in my chart in a way where I have a significant amount of Pride (not a good thing, obviously) and I'm emotionally guarded. I'd rather chop off my own arm then let someone know they have hurt me and I definitely wouldn't make a production out of it. That would never ever happen. I do not like to be emotionally vulnerable and an Aquarian ex boyfriend of mine called me emotionally unavailable. Not that I am, I just don't show my own very well. It's embarrassing. So, I cannot ever imagine creating more trouble and drama for those around me. I like to be viewed as someone that always retains control of myself in any situation and I don't go to others with my problems. But everyone comes to me with their problems and for advice.

I don't think Uranus would do that either but for different reasons than Pluto.

A mercury in detriment might be difficult to deal with and even a detrimented Mars.

I think Neptune might be a more logical player in Borderline. And maybe with other psychological issues. A troubled Neptune is trouble for that soul and everyone around it.

You may be masking your symptoms of BPD with avoidance and deflecting. You also have a fair bit of shame that I’m sure a malefic aspected Sun and Pluto will create. Your father may have patterns of emotional avoidance.

Our 20 harmonics reveal more about our lineage than our tendencies. It’s our historical blueprint and some of us just repeat cycles better than others.

Neptune aspected poorly is indicative of a mind/body death.

Tenofcups

I have been implied to have this by the doctor of my university. After giving me phone couselling, I just entirely stopped answering my calls. This is my natal aspects.

Moon in 8th house

Since I've stopped answering my calls, I've stopped drinking, and solely focused on school, and my future and nothing else.

So what triggered this. My ex returned, humiliated me in public, and once I reacted to it, he ghosted me. He was the only love in my life but I am a slut in his eyes because in his mind, girls like me doesn't exist. Accused his past girlfriends of cheating, got a younger woman(I was 19), got her to have sex(lose her virginity), only to ghost her and accuse her of cheating. 2 years later after I got my life together and overcame the suicidal feelings he had left me, guess who returns?

So I think it's important to remember that it's kind of a spectrum. People will broad cast certain BPD symptoms at a particular time in life because these are what is triggered. People will attract certain people (sometimes because of their birth chart) and exhibit BPD symptoms. People will have bad childhoods to one day set them up to choose unavailable friendships/relationships and this will trigger their anxious-ambivelent attachment style. People will solve their unconscious issues with parents by choosing exactly the same kind of mates.

What I'm trying to say is people tend to label people so easily and in such a shallow way without really thinking about all aspects. They barely look at the psychological facet, environmental aspects, or even how the person's childhood is. They rarely look at how we as a human species have evolved.

For example, for a woman having sex without any promise of a man staying would be a highly costly mating strategy. Whereas for a man, it's like winning the lottery. But when women exhibit any qualities of being demanding, clinginess, inabilitiy to get over a relationship quickly, what are we labeled as? BPD? Crazy girlfriend? We are bombarded every day with media telling us if men can have one night stands we should be able to as well, but that's not how we have evolved. Couple that with bad childhoods, absent moms or dads, sexual abuse, bullying and more, I'm sorry but what do you expect?

No one thinks about these things or these things holistically, they just assign you a label and believe CBT or a pill will help.

Moon in 8th house

Arhggg I literally spat my coffee out when I read pluto conjunction Algol
What in the name...

So. Pluto is in the 8th house (can you tell me degrees pls)
That would place it in Scorpio and if my calculations are correct it’s a 15 degrees and conjunction Pluto with a 3 degree orb.

I have clients with this placement and they have untold transformative powers that are activated at night.
Terrible karmic ties though that tend to linger
That axis isn’t fun because of its fixed emotionally drawn out nature.

AquaVenusian

this person, was actually diagnosed with BPD, but she did not like to take the proper medication !! She had attempted suicide !! She was very obsessed, she created many fantasies, she had a tendency to stalk ... very insecure, very jealous, but in her I could see the love she had for my uncle, the fights they had were epic.
I am posting to maybe help in the discussion and donate some light to expand the mind here on the topic.
I don't see many conflicts in the aspects, however, a lot of energy in Scorpio and in the 7th house

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_dedi.4404.6415.png
    astro_w2gw_dedi.4404.6415.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Tenofcups

this person, was actually diagnosed with BPD, but she did not like to take the proper medication !! She had attempted suicide !! She was very obsessed, she created many fantasies, she had a tendency to stalk ... very insecure, very jealous, but in her I could see the love she had for my uncle, the fights they had were epic.
I am posting to maybe help in the discussion and donate some light to expand the mind here on the topic.
I don't see many conflicts in the aspects, however, a lot of energy in Scorpio and in the 7th house

Jupiter opposite her Mc is not easy or fun. Bad karma that she’s paying for in this lifetime.
Chiron conjunct Asc (body issues and prone to loads of body modifications/surgeries) but, good with herbs 🤷🏽*♀️

Scorpio stellium is Hell