Considering Career Change, Currently in Accounting

cygnus

I'm a first year university student and frankly, I'd never considered accounting as a possible career option. I rushed into choosing my degree. Truthfully speaking, I was at a low point in terms of motivation and out of touch with myself at the time I made my decision.

I felt uninterested in most professions, and because of this, I opted for selecting a useful occupation thinking I'd eventually get used to it. Boy, was I wrong...I absolutely hate it even though I don't find it to be particularly difficult.

I'm considering a switch, and I'd like to ask for insight relating to what fields I could be successful in. I feel as though I'd love a job involving travel (I don't know much about travel-related positions), as indicated by my sagittarius MC, though I've also been told I have talent for management positions. I tend to take the lead when it comes to teamwork, a good organizer so to say, since I like to be in control. At the same time I seem to hate working in an office, or around people in general, but it's a necessary evil I try to put up with. With a 3rd house moon, I really feel like I need to restrain my natural tendency to communicate emotionally, especially when working in a corporate environment.

Speaking of my 3rd house moon, I truly love writing as well as learning foreign languages. I could really see myself as someone working as a freelance writer of some sort, a translator, or even a language teacher in a foreign country since I speak fluent english and spanish. I think a sagittarius MC would definitely support these options since they involve both travel and teaching.

My main issue with considering a career change pertains to financial stability. With a Taurus Moon, I value comfort and Saturn in the 2nd has made me conscientious about my financial situation. I think it would be quite risky to switch into fields where I'd likely earn less than I would as an accountant. It all comes down to deciding whether I want to feel passionate about my job or to be financially stable. Ideally, I'd love to work in something that's both satisfying and financially rewarding.

Either way, I'm rambling now so I'll get to the point. Have I made accurate deductions about possible career paths according to my chart? Is there something you've seen in my chart that I've yet to acknowledge? Ultimately, my decision-making process comes down to weighing out the pros and cons of my current options, but it's always nice to have an astrological perspective for extra guidance :)

Attachments

• goodone.jpg
    goodone.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Renee35

I'm a first year university student and frankly, I'd never considered accounting as a possible career option. I rushed into choosing my degree. Truthfully speaking, I was at a low point in terms of motivation and out of touch with myself at the time I made my decision.

I felt uninterested in most professions, and because of this, I opted for selecting a useful occupation thinking I'd eventually get used to it. Boy, was I wrong...I absolutely hate it even though I don't find it to be particularly difficult.

I'm considering a switch, and I'd like to ask for insight relating to what fields I could be successful in. I feel as though I'd love a job involving travel (I don't know much about travel-related positions), as indicated by my sagittarius MC, though I've also been told I have talent for management positions. I tend to take the lead when it comes to teamwork, a good organizer so to say, since I like to be in control. At the same time I seem to hate working in an office, or around people in general, but it's a necessary evil I try to put up with. With a 3rd house moon, I really feel like I need to restrain my natural tendency to communicate emotionally, especially when working in a corporate environment.

Speaking of my 3rd house moon, I truly love writing as well as learning foreign languages. I could really see myself as someone working as a freelance writer of some sort, a translator, or even a language teacher in a foreign country since I speak fluent english and spanish. I think a sagittarius MC would definitely support these options since they involve both travel and teaching.

My main issue with considering a career change pertains to financial stability. With a Taurus Moon, I value comfort and Saturn in the 2nd has made me conscientious about my financial situation. I think it would be quite risky to switch into fields where I'd likely earn less than I would as an accountant. It all comes down to deciding whether I want to feel passionate about my job or to be financially stable. Ideally, I'd love to work in something that's both satisfying and financially rewarding.

Either way, I'm rambling now so I'll get to the point. Have I made accurate deductions about possible career paths according to my chart? Is there something you've seen in my chart that I've yet to acknowledge? Ultimately, my decision-making process comes down to weighing out the pros and cons of my current options, but it's always nice to have an astrological perspective for extra guidance :)

You have made accurate deductions, my grammar is about to irk you. Fascinating chart, truly, seems you'll make a lot of money tied to astrology, death (possible?), religion, the occult, things, of that nature. A 12th house stellium gives you serious psychic pizz-aze. Coupling that with your Taurus Moon (woot, woot). You've also got an ASC in Aquarius, you may invent something, or you may martyr yourself like Jesus in order to save mankind or a group (seriously). Accounting pays very well, no shortage of work, just like nurses, and it pays more. You may feel like a Taurus in need of money and stuff, but your chart reflects a much more idealistic and innovative approach to life, politics, and helping people.

You're a good person, your insight and sense of what to do - will always prove correct!!!

HarmonE

Hi Cygnus,

Im not sure I will get to any specific recommendations for career however I see a flavor in your chart that might ring true for you. First of all, I see a 12th house dominance as well as south node in the first house (north node in the 7th). This leads me to believe that you are generally a person who feels comfort working on their own and you somewhat confirm that in your original post. I don't see aquarians as being as wild as some astrologers and tend to see their more methodical and rational approach over their eccentric. I think aquarians tend to grow into their eccentricities. You haven't reached your saturn return so I think you will find you are more rational and methodical than you would like to believe. That is probably why you do well at accounting although you really don't like it. The question is though, what will you like?

With all your planets on the rising side of your chart (third house to tenth) you tend towards projection over reflection. You are less likely to let the world happen to you or to let yourself adapt to external influences. That is why you are already questioning your choices and are keen to do something about it. People with all setting planets would take much longer. The axis of power (I.C vs M.C.) is in gemini and sagittarius which does lend itself to a mutability with internal and external power. However I really don't see you as being highly career oriented. Just very practical. Which is why you chose accounting in the first place. You are right, with saturn in the second and your taurian moon you are practical and want to make sure at the end of the day things are comfortable and will put the structures in place to achieve this.

You might not like this but I wonder if you could be one of these people that become life long student? Yes an interest in travel and languages is possible with your chart however I don't see you as being someone who travels the globe. Maybe you would be more inclined to study it. Possibly an ambassador if it was more low key (and you tended to stay put for extended periods of time) or a translator like you say. A teacher later in life in likely.