Astrological Influences That May Indicate Past Lives

A

Anonymous

Greetings Tidy One :D
Sorry

Hello Aqua Mav :D and others

Reading Jeffry Wolfe Green's Pluto the other night, I read that a square from Pluto to Venus suggests a different sex in this incarnation to the previous one. What I find strange about that is, ever since I can remember one of my sayings has been "I must have been a man in a previous life!" :? (Pluto in Virgo in 10th squ Venus in Sag in 1) I am not a womanly woman :oops: I don't tend to enjoy womanly things - hair, make up, etc. and have always worked with men. (No offense intended to women - it's just me.) Maybe that's my cancer nn - I should learn to be more of a woman? One thing that really gets me to explode is for any ideas I have to be ignored and refferred to as hormonal. :evil: That's my Pluto/Moon conjunction, methinks!

So, if I was a man, I wonder who I was? :?:

hel

Waterbearer50

guest(hel141?)

Hi. An excellent topic for discussion. If we believe in reincarnation, and that we can be the opposite sex in a past life, we can bring much light to many sexual issues in this life. For example, transgendered people who believe they were born in the wrong body would be people who strongly
identify with their past life as the opposite and cannot relate and be comfortable in their present body.
In your case this could be similar, you really don't relate to your femininity because of your soul memory of a recent male incarnation. You could be on to the answer for you with your Cancer NN.

This covers so much territory. Homosexuality, bisexuality, transgenders, the "war" between the sexes. If we examine all this through the lens of reincarnating as the opposite sex maybe we can understand more and bring about real sexual healing. Let's see what others have to say,

Blessings,

WB50

Lapis

hel,

Hi, that was very interesting about Pluto square Venus because I too have it, Leo-Scorpio. I've also always felt very.....hum......balanced energetically. I've always been extremely independent and my male side is pretty well integrated IMHO. I've had both very female (dancer) and male type jobs or work throughout my life, and feel comfortable with that balance. Stand back folks I'm about to say another seemingly strange Lapis sort of thing! :lol:

In 2 past lives I've 'ascended' already and both times was in male incarnations. I honestly feel that this is indicated in our current natal charts in various ways and this, for us incarnate in female bodies now at any rate, may......MAY, be represented by what Mr. Green is saying. I intuit this more than I can openly say, hey look, with such and such planet in such and such sign that means that in a past life you........But I'd also guess that this same thing is in some way visible in your current natal chart if you're now a male and have in the past also figured it out and 'ascended' out of 3D reality and the need to reincarnate again in a female body.

Lapis

Hi Waterbearer50! Good to see you here again. I posted and there you were. I agree that in many cases people are carrying-over a past life sexual identity that was near and dear to them for whatever reasons, or possibly they had many in only one sex and are resisting experiencing incarnating into the opposite sex body. But, in this life, suddenly finding ones self in the opposite sex body and having to make that adjustment energetically and psychologically, may be difficult for some. This is an interesting topic.

Kite

I will admit to some opposite gender worship when I was young. I'm just not sure how much of it was past life related vs. present life reaction to a very nasty divorce of my parents.

Kite

Arian Maverick

I'm so excited about all of these posts! Thank you everyone! :D

So we have some aspects that may indicate being a specific gender in a past life...do we have any other influences that may suggest past life careers, what one did to make a living, etc.?

EDIT: I have created the Masculinity and Femininity Discussion in order to further expand upon these thoughts and ideas without going off-topic. I hope you guys don't mind...I just think this is too great to miss!

Aquarian Maverick
AKA Tidy One :wink:

Light

Oh dear, i do seem to have upset things a bit *evil grin* Ur conj Mc!! :p

WB50

Thanks for setting this off..

This covers so much territory. Homosexuality, bisexuality, transgenders, the "war" between the sexes. If we examine all this through the lens of reincarnating as the opposite sex maybe we can understand more and bring about real sexual healing

Taking it back from the reincarnation angle: I may be uncomfortable with being a woman, not for being a woman but more a perception of men having it easy! (saggy venus in 1st - looking for an easy life?). Which then goes full steam ahead into the sex war battle!!! So I stop.

For now.

Back to reincarnation.

If the theory, that we come back to work at a missing bit, before we go on to the next level, holds true - then to change sex would make sense. We are here to work on that missing bit - be a bit more in touch with our feelings (women), be a bit more assertive (male). Thats wayway generalising, I know, but...

Are homesxuals and transgenders recent reincarnations, perhaps? Putting it into levels:

male last life: homosexual (level 1 - 1st reincarnation): level 2 transexual: level 3 - uncomfortable: level 4 comfortable : female? Next time around you are well integrated?

Can you understand what I'm saying? I'm even worse explaining myself tonight than I usually am. :oops:

Do the nodes explain why some change their sexual orientation during their lifetime? As they work with one bit, they move onto the next? forwarned of the next incarnation, perhaps?

But we're all here for a reason, male or female - we just have to work it out.

Lapis: Doesn't BHC say something about pluto and chiron and our previous incarnations? (In the rainbow bridge) I can't quite remember.

hel

Arian Maverick

I was just reading through hel141's last post and thought it would make sense to link to the Gay Astrology Board :wink:

It's difficult for the Virgo part of me to accept that all of these discussions are interconnected and cannot be separated into neat, separate categories...but I'll try.

Now let the discussion continue :D

Aquarian Maverick

Light

Aqua Mav - I just quoted you whilst over there ! :D They are related, but different.

It's difficult for the Virgo part of me to accept that all of these discussions are interconnected and cannot be separated into neat, separate categories...but I'll try

Think of a a motorway/interstate and the small back roads - they're all going in the same direction, just different scenery!

This road is going backwards in time!

cannot be separated into neat, separate categories...but I'll try

That's your Pisces NN - dissolving boundaries - you're working it rl :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right now I need to activate my 12th hse neptune - its been a very, very long day.

Catch you later.

hel

Ps You MUST have been a teacher in a prior life, If you're not one now you should be. :wink:

Arian Maverick

Ps You MUST have been a teacher in a prior life, If you're not one now you should be.

I'm definately not a teacher now...I'm not even out of high school yet! :lol:

But yes, I do believe that I have had many past life exeriences as an intellectual of some sort because despite the second house Aries stellium in my natal chart, I am very mentally oriented. However, this stellium includes the Sun and Mercury flanking Venus all within one degree (15 Ari 30' 8" to 16 Ari 18' 46")...and I have heard that having your natal Sun modifying Mercury may indicate a past life as a teacher or scribe. I also have Mars and Jupiter in my fourth house Gemini, with Mars receiving the inconjuncts of a twelfth house Saturn/Neptune conjunction and a ninth house Pluto in Scorpio...thus Mars is given extra importance.

And of course there's my Virgo South Node, which the entire board should be aware of by now :wink:

Aquarian Maverick

A

Anonymous

Hi Aqua Mav

I'm definately not a teacher now...I'm not even out of high school yet!

I keep forgetting that you're only 16. :oops: Your writing style is of someone so much older, you're posts are a dream to read. :D
I really envy those with excellent comminication skills. :cry:

Changing your house system to equal, puts your aries stellium in the 3rd house - which makes excellent sense for a teacher of sorts. (On Astro.com, you can change the house system - its the drop down box on the left, above the one where you can add extra points/planets.)

I have a 3rd house stellium - Sun and SNi n cap with Merc and Sat in Aqu. All longingly looking at my 10th house of Moon/Pluto/MC/Uranus (All in Virgo :p ) and Mars. As soon as I can get my chart off my other PC I'll post it!

So whilst the theory of a past life teacher holds well for you - it doesn't hold water in my case! :cry: Unless its very very deeply buried? Or its a case of , not so much thinking off the wall - but off another building entirely !!! :lol:

Any way, take care

hel

Arian Maverick

As soon as I can get my chart off my other PC I'll post it!

If you post your natal data here or PM the information to me, I'd be glad to upload your chart :wink:

Changing your house system to equal, puts your aries stellium in the 3rd house - which makes excellent sense for a teacher of sorts.

Thanks for reminding me about the different house systems! I tend to forget that many others besides Placidus exist :wink:

I'll have to see what other changes between the two system may indicate possible past lives...

Aquarian Maverick

Arian Maverick

I was just scrolling through my favorite places list and thought that this article about Karma and Astrology may be relevant and of interest to many here.

Let's see what it reveals...

The Third House would show a Karma with the mind. Planets in the third house under stress, in Gemini, sometimes indicates mental instability, psychological Karma, or mental illness if one is not strong enough to handle this kind of Karma. Some of the communication problems could be with brothers, sisters, neighbors, or even teaching. It is either that they're not heard right or they don't hear things the way they should. This extends to relating things to other's that is wrong.

Well, my tight Aries stellium in the new third house is squared with Saturn and Neptune in the twelfth...this can't be good news, but I don't seem to have much difficulty with communication skills in this lifetime :wink:

The Fourth House planets or afflicted planets in Cancer can show Karma with the mother, feelings, residence, and security. Saturn is detriment in Cancer, so any tendency to have an emotional wall will be further strengthened. The fourth house also signifies past lives, so when you get your button pushed and have no idea why you react the way you do, it could be from a past life.

I have the Great Benefict Jupiter in my fourth house, so I suppose this must have been a strong area for me.

The Fifth House planets or afflicted planets in Leo would be a Karma with the family or creative endeavor, with power, and authority. In Leo, any Karma will be with the father, or no children, but in the fifth house it is with creativity, pets, enterprises and children.

Hmm, Mars receives the inconjunct energies of both my twelfth house Neptune/Saturn conjunction and my Pluto in the tenth house. And I must not forget about Chiron (the wounded healer) there as well...something to contemplate.

The Tenth House would show a Karma with external aspects of life. Planets in the tenth house under stress, in Capricorn, would epitomize Karma with ones' career, authority, practicality and ambition.

Pluto here also receives the inconjunct energies of both my third house Sun/Venus/Mercury stellium and Mars in the fifth...the Finger of God is certainly trying to tell me something, but I've yet to figure it out :?

The Eleventh House planets (under affliction) or planets in Aquarius or at least two in either signs or house would epitomize the Karma concerning groups, friends, goals, organization and direction in life. Also humanity or lack of it.

Uranus, my chart ruler, still holds its own in the natural house of my rising sign...

The Twelfth House planets or afflicted planets in Planets in Pisces would epitomize a Karma with oneself, in being you're own worst enemy. It is a very emotional Karma, indicating self-destruction and hidden events. Hidden events are not readily visible and can effect your life in the long term, because a decision or commitment was not made when it should have. Also there can be Karma with enemies, mankind, institutions, and hospitals. Saturn in Pisces or the twelfth could be a Karma with people that definitely identify themselves as your enemy, and who would also want to hurt you. It's also a lesson in emotions.

I believe that I've got some MAJOR karma here what with both Saturn (the Lord of Karma) and Neptune (the ruling planet of Pisces, which governs the twelfth house). Lucky me :roll:

But I still have a major task ahead of me--applying this information towards possible past lives. It's a start, I suppose...

Aquarian Maverick

Claire19

This is so fascinating. You can imagine how powerful is the connection when two people meet that have all their planets conjunct, say in astro twins. This happened with me and Bill Clinton for instance when he visited my country of Australia... a long story....I even met Monica Lewinsky here......later on. So we are all connected on a cosmic level and that is for sure.

I havent read AT Mann's book on the subject but will do so ASAP. As an astrologer for many years I can see where I have the past life influences to a degree and the situations. The south node is very very telling in this regard. I have had psychometry readings and clairvoyance for the past life situation and what they have said correlated to what I knew was in my chart and they had no knowledge of who I was.

Martin Schulman's book on the nodes and reincarnation is most interesting and reading it changed my life to a degree as so much of it clicked with me.

Claire from Australia

Claire19

I am fortunate in that the equal and the placidus house system doesnt change much in my chart. It must be confusing for those for whom it does make a big difference. Transits will sort that out. I tend to use equal house method as I dont like the idea of intercepted houses and planets and also as a strongly Libran person I like things equal!! This however is a vexed issue along with the orbs for planetary aspects.. I guess you use what works and that takes experience and knowledge..

Claire

Claire19

The twelfth house is the house of karmic effects and neuroses brought in from the past. However it is more self undoing and being one's own worst enemy. It is not the area of open enemies, that belongs to the 7th. The 12th and Neptune influences the hidden sub conscious urges and our projections and illusions. The taking of illicit substances for instance is basically an urge to transcend reality and in a way to connect with some kind of godly situation. When however we take drugs or over indulge in alcohol for instance as a result of Pluto and 8th house influences then we want to move right out of this plane and have the death wish. There is a difference.

Francesca

I just read through this post, so people's comments are sort of jumbled up.

Actually I have always read that homosexuals are ready to change sex in the next reincarnation, not just recently changed and holding on to the old one.

My mother's sun was at my MC which is just under 28deg Taurus. She was very rejecting. My Arabic part of siblings is conjunct Algol and conjunct the MC as well. I have not spoken to most of my siblings in many years due to hard feeling. My Arabic Part of Benificent Change is conjunct this whole mess, the NN of my only true love, and the Pleides. What a mixed bunch of karmic messages, don't you agree?

Claire19

Most fascinating subject and we could on and on..... However I agree with the comments re the nodes. They are an indicator only however with planets conjunct especially they broaden the picture. I feel we need to look at Saturn, the 8th and 12th houses. I am not sure about the Moon sign being the Sun sign in previous incarnation. I dont know if it is all that ordered. I also am not sure about what is the 12th was who were were last time necessarily. I know it represents karmic conditions and our weaknesses etc. However I do feel myself that I was a Taurus man and have Moon in Taurus this time. I have even seen an image of that man and also briefly in the mirror, sounds spooky I know and he looks very Taurean. The moon sign denotes often the sun signs of our family members especially females including ancestors and descendants, in my case this is so true. I have always felt that I was the mother before and my mother sibling. Also that a sibling was my mother. Moon in 3rd house and square Mercury Pluto. Mother also a Gemini. The relationships were fraught and I feel basically because of the radical role reversal.

Past life regression techniques can help in this regard. Has anyone had success with this?

Claire

Claire19

Just re the comment that 11th house denotes goals. Not really. It is the hopes and dreams for the future and the 10th house is the reaching for and attaining the goals. A subtle difference. 11th really is concerned with making the future better especially for mankind in general. Science, research, technologies such as aviation, computerisation, using radio waves etc. By the way the glyph for Aquarius is not water waves as so many mistakenly believe nor is it a water sign. The glyph represents radio waves. Aquarius and Uranus rule radio and television, electricity. Some do say pouring out of the waters for humanity from the urn.

Saturn in the 11th can denote karmic conditions with friends, groups, having very few or little involvement because of fear from the past. Alternatively can represent authority figure in these roles or feeling the burden in this regard or too much responsibility. It depends on the past life experience.

Claire

Claire19

The 5th house does not denote pets, that is the province of the 6th and Virgo for domestic animals and the smaller creatures. The 9th and Jupiter is for the larger and wild animals. The 5th is children especially education, leisure and pleasure, including vacations, hobbies, performing arts, gambling and speculation, romance and our personal creativity which makes us unique.

Claire