Mercury & communication styles

Blackempress

Being a dominant Gemini in 3rd with mercury there too, I am very interested in the communication styles & expressions of people. I simply fall in love with those who can tantalize my ears or mind with words.

Myself, I'm very volatile & versatile with the ability to learn any subject that I want to. I natally have Mercury-Trine-Mars & Mercury-Trine-Saturn. I was sharp-tongued as a child & brilliant at maths. The sarcasm unfortunately soothed out over the years of suppression & is now wits only (which sometimes fail too infront of smarter people).

I talk slow in general except when I meet my match & turn the conversation to instinctual level when I can respond really fast & wittily.
Personally I love those with Mercury in Aquarius because they are really smart & versatile but recently discovered 2 people with Mercury in Aries & adore their precise & animated communication.

Share your mercury experiences!!

Sentient0ne

Premium Member
Mercury in Taurus in the 6th house. I can be left behind in discussions, formulating a thought while others have already moved on to a different tangent in the discussion.
I do have Mars in Gemini in the 7th. When I'm passionate about a subject, you can't get me to stop. I have a rapid response in communicating with others I connect with, sarcasm galore as well, puns ad nauseum. Third has Pisces cusp, with natal Neptune in the 11th house. Neptune quncunx Mars. Mars sextile Venus in aries in 4th.
:taurus:

Vista

I have Mercury in Aquarius conjunct Saturn sextile Venus and inconjunct Uranus! My last boyfriend had Mercury in Gemini oppose Saturn, square Pluto, and trine Uranus! We had so much fun together and could talk about anything. I love Gemini Moon's too, always a great sense of humor and very witty and fun!

sequestra

Air mercuries rock.

I have aquarius mercury in 3rd trine my gemini moon (woo reception), but square saturn/pluto and sextile jupiter/uranus.

I love mercury in aries as well, merc in virgo can be awesome and of course mercury in gemini. And I also absolutely adore mercury in pisces when it's on my venus/mars.

LeoCassandra

I think it's very easy to figure out persons mercury sign. Especially when we know the solar sign and when we dont we can sense the element, imo it's easier to 'guess' mercury sign then solar:whistling:Do you guys agree? Im super late peregine mercury in Leo(28'59) in wide:p conjunction with Regulus:p I must admit that i love people with mercury in aries (2nd and 3rd decan):w00t:

tautomer

I have mercury in gemini in the 8th house. My family and friends say I have the gift of gab. I am very chatty with most, and am usually on the articulate side of things. Also like to think I am in the intelligent side of things (I'm working on a PhD in organic chemistry in grad school right now). I like where my mercury is. Having it in gemini can often lead to a very quick mind, but lacking in dicipline to master or go deep with anything. A "jack of all trades, master of none" person if you will. Since it is in the 8th, I gives it a drive to go deep and master things. Also makes it rather intuitive (which I am at odds with at times). So I get the best of both worlds.

I have an 8th house stellium of jupiter, venus, mercury (all 3 in gemini), and my taurus sun, so there is a lot of energy in there that is hard to delineate in my mind. Nevertheless, I am able to pull apart that my mercury is a major piece of the puzzle of where my "oddness" comes from. I stick out in a crowd once I start talking (I can hide if I am silent). I am drawn to the odd, bizzare, creepy, atypical, unique, etc. A lot of this comes from having mercury in gemini, actually. Aquarius is often given the credit for being off-kilter, but in my experience I often beat them out with it. Having it in the 8th amplifies it.

If I have time tonight I will post a video of myself actually talking. That is about as direct as you can get :). I'm also not very shy either, despite being an introvert.

Last edited:

Bina

I have Mercury in Aries, he speaks before he thinks, and thinks faster than he can speak.. :biggrin:

making a close opposition to Moon in Libra, who often cringes at and regrets some of the things that Mercury in Aries blurts out without thinking.. :unsure:

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Mars in Gemini and Moon in Virgo underpinned by Mercury in Pisces here!

I'm usually very descriptive and imaginative in expression, which was appreciated in classes such as English in school, but not in accounting in college lol. I tend think and talk by and large in universal terms - I always think about groups and society, not just the individual. I like to be inclusive, and no one near me will be left out - I'm conscious of physical expressions, eye contact etc. and moderating words to prevent people being left out of a conversation. I like to be polite and friendly with people and I communicate that intention.

Mercury in Pisces rules my Gemini Mars and Virgo Moon, so the abrasiveness of Gemini is calmed and the critical aspect of Virgo is balanced with perspective, respect and sensitivity. Modern interpretations of Pisces Mercury are of course largely negative from my experience, giving the impression of dreamy, hippy and unintelligent people. Albert Einstein himself said having an imagination is far more important than having knowledge, because an imagination doesn't have limits.

*emma*

Banned
Communication is a very complex subject as it entails so much

Sticking to mercury styles, I have it in libra and yes my communication style holds all the hallmarks of it. diplomatic, not saying what u really think not to upset others, thinking too long and unnecessarily hard on stuff, before deciding what to think, saying erm alot and domt know, BUT I have Scorpio on third which ruins the whole thing sometimes or rather adda to secrecy of libra mental shenanigans

And a moon in sagitarius conjunct Jupiter which throws all caution to the wind eventually and I tell it how it is, then libra breathes
LOL

Last edited:

Blackempress

I have mercury in gemini in the 8th house. My family and friends say I have the gift of gab.

I kindda envy you for having it placed in the 8th of depth. I have Gemini Mercury in 3rd which makes me very versatile but true to Gemini nature of being extremely restless! My mind is less disciplined but it's through my Sun-Sq-Saturn that I achieve or pursue.

Air mercuries rock.

I have aquarius mercury in 3rd trine my gemini moon (woo reception), but square saturn/pluto and sextile jupiter/uranus.

I love mercury in aries as well, merc in virgo can be awesome and of course mercury in gemini. And I also absolutely adore mercury in pisces when it's on my venus/mars.

Gotta agree. Aquarius Merc is my favorite but I agree with the rest of your taste including Pisces Mercury. My bro has that & though Mercury in Gemini is dominant, he still tends to be much smarter than I am. Makes me jealous!:mad:

I think it's very easy to figure out persons mercury sign.

Really? How? I wanna learn this too. I can tell people's Solar or Asc in some way (still learning & Practicing) but not Mercury. Teach me!!!

Libra, 3rd House, not retrograde or under the beams~ I gotta say, I love to learn and I love to debate. :cool:

And say things Nicely! :biggrin:

I have Mercury in Aquarius conjunct Saturn sextile Venus and inconjunct Uranus!

Wow! Super-smart! I really always wanted a nice aspect from Mercury to Uranus & Pluto....... unfortunately didn't get it. Well, life's not too bad! :whistling:

Mercury in Taurus in the 6th house. I can be left behind in discussions, formulating a thought while others have already moved on to a different tangent in the discussion.

Sounds like Communication would be important & precise with One-on-One & Friends.

Blackempress

Sticking to mercury styles, I have it in libra and yes my communication style holds all the hallmarks of it. diplomatic, not saying what u really think not to upset others, thinking too long and unnecessarily hard on stuff, before deciding what to think, saying erm alot and domt know,

This is good.

I have Mercury in Aries, he speaks before he thinks, and thinks faster than he can speak.. :biggrin:

I've noticed & really it's a treat!

Maybe you guys can tell me. I have Mercury in sidereal Virgo or tropical Libra.

We're referring to Tropical so Libra for you..... discussion, pleasing, learning. A few Libran Mercury here so add your own to the pool!

Mars in Gemini and Moon in Virgo underpinned by Mercury in Pisces here!

I'm usually very descriptive and imaginative in expression, which was appreciated in classes such as English in school, but not in accounting in college lol.

Albert Einstein himself said having an imagination is far more important than having knowledge, because an imagination doesn't have limits.

I gotta agree that all the descriptions I had read gave me a negative image of Merc in Pisces but for a long time I wondered why my bro was smarter than me. He had photographic memory since a child & He's very capable of learning anything & is very imaginative & creative too.

Recent realization that Imagination is going to be the Mode of communication since the logical mind is limited up to 40 thoughts at a time & instincts can work at the speed of events. So you folks might take the lead after all..... well, us Air Heads won't be too far behind either, I hope. :ninja:

astro11

I have Mercury in Cancer in the 11th house. Mercury is exactly contra parallel Uranus. Mercury makes a trine to Pluto, semisquare to Venus, quincunx to Moon and opposition with Neptune but the most prominent aspect is the partile conjunction with Mars. I have a direct/ honest communication style because I say what I mean and mean what I say and like to get straight to the point. I can be shy at times (in large groups) but overall am very assertive especially if I observe that someone is not acting ethically or fairly. At that time the verbal sharpness associated with Mars-Mercury is unleashed full throttle! It is fitting that this conjunction occurs in the 11th house because I especially enjoy bringing the viewpoints of social groups that have been discriminated against to the forefront. I have done this several times before and never am afraid of making those responsible for it feel very uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Blackempress

I have Mercury in Cancer in the 11th house. Mercury is exactly contra parallel Uranus. Mercury makes a trine to Pluto, semisquare to Venus, quincunx to Moon and opposition with Neptune but the most prominent aspect is the partile conjunction with Mars.

Cutting with precision! Nice combo of Watery analytical elements to enhance the clarity & assertion!:cool:

M

may28gemini

yay. 29 degrees gemini mercury in 9th house conjuncting gemini venus, along with gemini sun shining ever so brightly in the house of the higher mind! the lord of my 9th is in my 9th so that's doubly philosophical!

my mercury makes aspects to every planet except sun and mars. i'm pretty forgiving of others when they give wrong info (mercury square libra jupiter) but i never forget who gave out the wrong info (mercury square libra saturn) and pretty weary of them afterwards. i'm pretty good at digging up dirt and like all sorts of information, dark or light and i'm pretty conscientious as to how ethical i am if i use the information i find (mercury trine libra pluto). most of the time i keep naughty discoveries to myself and save the info for laughs.

i love getting into philosophical stuff with everyone and i love learning new things, from new people, and trying to learn things in new ways. i enjoy teaching people and learning as much as i can from strangers. i get really excited when there's breakthroughs via teamwork, as long as everyone gets properly credited. i'm a patient teacher and i don't mind repeating things as long as the person is absorbing the information.

i like gemini mercury and as odd as it is for me to say it, i like pisces mercury a lot. i've met a lot of pisces mercury rx and it's true they have fuzzy minds and get info jumbled, maybe even got learning disabilities, and yet somehow, i don't seem to mind it. they're always so eager to learn and willing to try really hard to grasp everything. they are rarely stubborn unlike the fixed mercuries and aren't emotional & malicious unlike other water mercuries. i like virgo mercury too because most of the time i can put up with their naggyness and long rants. i even think they're funny most of time.

Last edited:

Silversong

Hello, I've got Mercury in Aries, and I am not much for talking. I think since my Mercury squares Mars, Neptune, and Chiron, all the "quick wit" and "sharp mind" points I was supposed to get got snatched away. :pinched:

If I'm close with someone and I feel comfortable to talk to them, then I can show some passion and energy, but even then I'm talked over fairly easily. *shrug*

Generally though, I don't feel like my Merc's really in Aries. Eh. I was passing by and wanted to drop in my 2 cents. :innocent: