Mercury conjunct M.C.

Can you post the natal, prog and transit chart pls? :innocent:

Hopefully mercury will let you communicate more as it did before, but we can't simply just look at one progression or indeed aspect in your chart without looking at the bigger picture to.

I don't intend to post my charts at this point in time, sorry, but with my children becoming interested in astrology, it would be selfish to post my possible time of death, imagine how they would feel if they read that their father was possibly going to die on a chosen future date, it's not something that children should have to deal with
Excuse me where has all this come from? we were discussing Prog Mercury conj MC? I don't beleive you or anyone can 100%predict anything let alone a 'death signature' :innocent:

As you know MC is what we become known for, career, social standing etc. Obviously, talking, communications 'must' be more prominent, but I don't ever recall what sign or house we are talking about. Again you simply cannot look at just one progressed planet and not the rest...:crying:

PD187540

This is a very interesting aspect for sure. In my relocation chart for Los Angeles, I have Mercury in Virgo strictly conjunct the Midheaven by less than one degree. I'll be going for my Ph.D. there, so maybe this just gives me the intellectual reinforcement to succeed, as well as to teach.

I also have strong Jupiter-Uranus conjunction on my relocated Ascendant (Sagittarius). My long-shot interpretation is that I will make some sort of sudden discovery or invention that will be brought into the public eye. Ahhhh I can only hope hahaha :)

PD187540

Sure thing...I've posted both my natal chart and relocation chart below. My natal chart is the one with Capricorn Rising (much like yourself!!!). :biggrin: Let me know any thoughts or initial impressions you may have.

Attachments

• natal chart image.gif
    natal chart image.gif
    49.7 KB · Views: 56
  • LA Relocation Chart.gif
    LA Relocation Chart.gif
    50.4 KB · Views: 55

PD187540

Hmmm you know, my gut instinct was telling me that you and I share certain planetary energies :). That can only be a good thing of course lol. At its worst, it can only be friendly competition.

So shifting back to New York, you say....and the year 2017...both of those could possibly figure into the equation later down the road, and I'll let you know exactly what my plans are right now:

I'm going for my Ph.D. in Molecular Pharmacology & Toxicology over in L.A., which will start up this Fall. So figure it takes 4 to 6 years to get that. At the LATEST, I should have that degree by 2016 (earliest 2014 or 2015). Now after that degree, it's possible that I may do a one- or two-year post-doc position. IF that's the case, I will be done with it by 2017 exactly, which is the time I'd be looking for a full-time official career. Maybe the whole "shifting back to New York" statement means that I'll take my full-time job in NYC at that time??? Just wondering here...

Let me know what you find out regarding my specific plans above, and whether you see any astrological correlations to that. :biggrin:

And just going by your findings above about my progressed Merc on the Scorpio Midheaven, and progressed Midheaven on Uranus in Sag., that right there tells me that I'm on the perfect career route of scientific research/University Professor. Makes tons of sense I believe

Last edited:

PD187540

ON A SIDE NOTE (feel free to answer this one separately from my post above):

I've always thought that L.A. felt different for me than NY. While living in NY, I've always felt restricted career-wise, and even personally. After I graduated college in 2006, I always ran into power struggles with authority figures, bosses, supervisors, etc. I went through 3 or 4 jobs from 2006 to 2008, then became unemployed in January 2009 (still am to this day...on benefits).

Astrologically speaking, for NY, these feelings and situations could be confirmed since I have both Saturn & Pluto on the Midheaven line....definitely 2 planets that I personally love in that position for my personality and career success, but not for where they're activated (NY). I also have Sun square Ascendant here in NY, which indicates not the best of locales for permanent living. [The Sun-Ascendant aspect is key for overall pleasantness in a certain location.] In L.A., my Sun sextiles my Ascendant, and when I vacationed there 3 times in the past, I noticed a sharp difference in how I felt based on that location.

This is why I'm so interested in why you said I may shift back to New York...because I just feel like that's not going to happen. The ONLY way it's going to happen again (and I told myself this many times) is if I'm put in a position of complete autonomy and authority, and if I'm making at least a 100-115K salary. If I can't have that, then NY is definitely out of the question and I'm sticking with the L.A. to San Diego area.

***Interesting piece of information: Pluto is conjunct my Ascendant within 5 degrees right now. It's about to transit my 1st House soon and will stay there for a good 23 years or so. My 1st House is HUGE...from 9 Cap to 20 Aquarius. With Pluto being there, I may feel or have so much power or people will start to look on me as an authority figure. Maybe I'll finally get to have that in the near future...that could possibly help in landing my requirements for a NY job, who knows. Saturn, meanwhile, is retrograding in my 8th House (so I'm getting my finances in order for my move), and it's going to be fully in my 9th House of higher education later this year (perfect time for Ph.D. studies). I'm watching these 2 planets like a hawk lol

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
When I did my astrology course a few years back, my instructor got all excited about me having mercury conjunct the M.C. in my natal chart, telling me that I was a great orator, and would most likely be in the public eye in this lifetime. I knew that I was no great orator, in fact with a relatively unaspected mercury I have always had problems getting my message across verbally , so I knew at that moment that either I had the wrong birthtime (from mothers memory) or astrology didnt work and was a con...

Well take a look at my chart; I may be able to help. Also, if you feel it's relevant to the thread, would you mind mentioning more of what your former course instructor said? I'd be grateful to know. Some of what I have in my natal, and how transits affect it, may be relevant to some of your questions? If so, ask away.

Last edited:

PD187540

I think that we need to have a closer look at your natal mercury and how well or otherwise it works for you, or to be more precise how it worked for you as a child. Mercury is retrograde in your natal, and progressed direct again when you were roughly a month old, so was stationary for some time. This probably makes it's natal position a sensitive spot in your chart, and progressions and transits aspecting 16'23" virgo would possibly involve this natal symbolism. There are differing veiws on how merc retrograde works, how would you describe your childhood communication and thinking patterns? Also your merc is not well aspected, (like mine!), so we need to look at how you have developed your communications and thinking patterns over the years as it has progressed through Libra.

About my Mercury being supposedly retrograde. It actually isn't retrograde. The visual chart says it's retrograde, but when I went to the PDF print-out listing all the details, it listed my Mercury as SD (stationary direct), and through further confirmation, I looked up the Mercury tables and on Sept. 24th, 1983, Mercury was indeed stationary direct.

Keeping that in mind, my Mercury is unaspected by any planets, and it's located in Virgo very close to the critical degree (16 or 17, I believe). I've always felt that I have one heck of a unique mind, in its own class of brilliance (which is why no other planets are touching it). It's in an exalted position (being in Virgo). I'm very grateful to have a mind like this. The Sabian symbol for my Mercury placement is a volcano: highly eruptive, coming up with new ideas, etc.

As a child, I was shy, but my communication style was always forceful and direct...getting straight to the point. I've always been excellent in science, math, and other fact-based subjects. I never had any communication problems, which is what Mercury Rx would indicate. I'm also a progressive thinker...never dwelling on the past and always looking forward. As time went on, my shyness lifted, and I grew more comfortable with myself (but I think that's due to my Capricorn Rising).

dr. farr

PD187540
-what you have stated about your natal Mercury makes it (according to my understanding of astrology) an exceedingly potent natal influence; find out more about this:
1) find Mercury's natal longitude and see if a star is within 2 degrees of it; if so, add the indications of that star to Mercury
2) on the natal pdf printout, find the declination of Mercury: now, see if any other planet (or the ascendant or the POF or the mc or the Part of Spirit) is on the same side of the ecliptic as Mercury (ie, N or S) and, if so, if that declination is within about 1 degree of Mercury's declination: any such findings are called "parallels of declination" and are the same as a (strong) conjunction
3) still with the natal pdf printout, go to constellationsofwords.com, find the starlists, go to the starlist titled "arranged by ecliptic declination"; now, see if any star is listed for the same ecliptic declination (or within 1 degree of this) of natal Mercury; if so, this star would add additional testimony regarding the natal Mercury.

Remember (according to more ancient astrological precepts) that any planet at station AND TURNING DIRECT, is to be regarded as an extremely potent element in the chart.

Last edited:

PD187540

P.D., it's one thing to be great at mathematics or problem solving, but it takes more than virgoan brilliance to climb your way up the corporate ladder, this is why we need to have a closer look at your merc , you do realise that there is a sesquiquadrate to your moon in Aries (1'36" approaching)? You have a few tough aspects in your natal chart that unless worked on will prevent you from getting as far as what you would like career wise. Have you looked into your north node placement as yet?

Yes, I've noticed that about my Mercury and Moon. Also, my Mercury is semisquare Saturn by 1 degree separating, and it's square my North Node applying 2 degrees. I'm not so sure exactly what those aspects could mean or to what degree they would affect me (particularly how much emphasis could be placed on the minor aspects for my Moon and Saturn) I have contemplated my destiny path for a number of years, and it was tormenting for me to decide on any one path. That's probably my biggest problem, since I do get bored easily. I think one of my main objectives in this existence is to focus on only ONE thing intensely and master it, because my emotional state always tells me to move onto something else. I can't keep doing that lol. Sure, I feel like a "jack of all trades," but I have to master one field expertly and make sure I don't become distracted.

My North Node is in Gemini in the 6th House (which Virgo naturally rules over). South Node is in Sagittarius with Neptune strictly conjunct it.

PD187540

PD187540
-what you have stated about your natal Mercury makes it (according to my understanding of astrology) an exceedingly potent natal influence; find out more about this:
1) find Mercury's natal longitude and see if a star is within 2 degrees of it; if so, add the indications of that star to Mercury
2) on the natal pdf printout, find the declination of Mercury: now, see if any other planet (or the ascendant or the POF or the mc or the Part of Spirit) is on the same side of the ecliptic as Mercury (ie, N or S) and, if so, if that declination is within about 1 degree of Mercury's declination: any such findings are called "parallels of declination" and are the same as a (strong) conjunction
3) still with the natal pdf printout, go to constellationsofwords.com, find the starlists, go to the starlist titled "arranged by ecliptic declination"; now, see if any star is listed for the same ecliptic declination (or within 1 degree of this) of natal Mercury; if so, this star would add additional testimony regarding the natal Mercury.

Remember (according to more ancient astrological precepts) that any planet at station AND TURNING DIRECT, is to be regarded as an extremely potent element in the chart.

OK...my Mercury's natal longitude is 16 deg. 23 secs Virgo. No fixed stars are within 2 degrees of my Mercury placement. HOWEVER, one fixed star of the Virgo constellation is within 2 degrees of my Sun: Zaniah. According to the website, it states: "With Sun: Educational and studious interests, popular, social success, much pleasure, favorable for marriage." Syrma, another star in Virgo, is conjunct my Midheaven and Saturn: "Said to be prominent in the charts of Mohammed and Moses, the Arabs considered this star as the most fortunate of their lunar stations. Iota Virgo, Syrma, or Surma by its Greek titles, Al Ghafar is the name in in Arabic. Al Ghafar means to cover, to protect and to suppress. The significance of this star and title lies firstly in the heavy personal responsibility which is implicit in the occult questing and acquisition of spiritual power."

My Mercury declination is 4 deg 59 secs North. And yes, Mercury has almost the same declination as my natal Pluto. Pluto is at a 4 deg 30 second North declination. So you're saying that I actually have a Mercury-Pluto conjunction? I could totally see that, since the depths of my mind seem to know no bounds. It really penetrates deeply into everything.

With regard to the fixed stars being close to my Mercury declination, there are a few. Syrma, as mentioned above, is one of them. Eridanus gives a love of knowledge and science, much travel and many changes, a position of authority, but danger of accidents especially at sea and of drowning. Other fixed stars around this one mention poisoning and medicines. It's scarily frightening how my Ph.D. area will be in Molecular Pharmacology & Toxicology (drugs and poisons). It's like this stuff is meant to be. Well, at least I know that I'm on the right path, so let's just go with the fates!!

Claire19

Excuse me where has all this come from? we were discussing Prog Mercury conj MC? I don't beleive you or anyone can 100%predict anything let alone a 'death signature' :innocent:

As you know MC is what we become known for, career, social standing etc. Obviously, talking, communications 'must' be more prominent, but I don't ever recall what sign or house we are talking about. Again you simply cannot look at just one progressed planet and not the rest...:crying:
Yes I agree. What has death to do with it??? It is unethical to discuss death in my opinion and there are so many scenarios for that anyway.

If you dont post a chart no one can help you. Anonymised if you wish. We can never take an aspect out of context with the rest of the chart. Mercury conjunct MC means many things.......

Cheers:happy:

Claire19

Yes, I've noticed that about my Mercury and Moon. Also, my Mercury is semisquare Saturn by 1 degree separating, and it's square my North Node applying 2 degrees. I'm not so sure exactly what those aspects could mean or to what degree they would affect me (particularly how much emphasis could be placed on the minor aspects for my Moon and Saturn) I have contemplated my destiny path for a number of years, and it was tormenting for me to decide on any one path. That's probably my biggest problem, since I do get bored easily. I think one of my main objectives in this existence is to focus on only ONE thing intensely and master it, because my emotional state always tells me to move onto something else. I can't keep doing that lol. Sure, I feel like a "jack of all trades," but I have to master one field expertly and make sure I don't become distracted.

My North Node is in Gemini in the 6th House (which Virgo naturally rules over). South Node is in Sagittarius with Neptune strictly conjunct it.
Some dont even use a square for the nodes. Just the tight conjunction.
I dont use minor aspects either unless there are few major ones and that rarely happens. North Node in Gemini in the 6th can indicate two jobs actually. A lot of movement and communication, study involved. CHanging jobs a lot and perhaps a lot of attention to detail, paperwork etc. Print media, phones, faxes, internet, and as you say Gemini likes newness and mental stimulation so boredom can be a problem. However posting a chart is the way to go.

PD187540

This IS an interesting piece of information, transiting pluto should allow you to re-invent your veiw of and projection toward others!
A good comparison to your merc in virgo on the M/C. is "Byjove's" chart, with merc in pisces on the M.C., Byjove will instinctively know how to win the support of superiors in order to get ahead, which is another way of doing the same thing, that is climbing upwards in the workplace!
This is what concerns me P.D., the sesquiquadrate from natal mercury to your moon in Aries is possibly giving you a difficult to control emotional reaction to your supervisors request (wether they be "acceptable" requests or otherwise!) Naturally the moon /pluto/saturn opposition will be pulled straight into the emotional response, leaving you with either no job, or just as bad, disapproval from the very people whom you will need support from in order to climb the corporate ladder!

Absolutely Ms. Cap! That's how things tend to develop with me! It seems like I have no control over reacting like that though...it comes straight from the gut, and it just bypasses all thought processes. Basically, I just have to learn to shut up and kiss butt, I think...but oh boy, I'm not the type to do that haha.

PD187540

Some dont even use a square for the nodes. Just the tight conjunction.
I dont use minor aspects either unless there are few major ones and that rarely happens. North Node in Gemini in the 6th can indicate two jobs actually. A lot of movement and communication, study involved. CHanging jobs a lot and perhaps a lot of attention to detail, paperwork etc. Print media, phones, faxes, internet, and as you say Gemini likes newness and mental stimulation so boredom can be a problem. However posting a chart is the way to go.

Hmmm, you know something Claire, what you said above could come into the picture later on in my near future. After I get my Ph.D., I'm thinking of doing a post-doc appointment, which is like anywhere from a one- to three-year research fellowship (sort of like a "training internship" or residency that medical doctors do). Supposedly, there's no limit as to how many of those you can do after graduate school. They're paid, of course (about $50 to $60,000 per year or something like that). Imagine if I keep doing those short assignments around the country for the rest of my life?? Hahaha that would be interesting....do a 3-year post-doc in Richmond, then a 2-year in Seattle, etc.

I'm literally terrified as to how things will unfold career-wise after I finish my degree. I have no idea what could happen, where I'll go, etc. Oh, and my 2 charts (natal and relocated for Los Angeles) are attached in a previous comment in this thread.

Claire19

My next conjunction won't happen until i'm in my nineties, about the same age as my grandmother was when she died, I'm not going to live in this body forever, if I make it to that ripe old age I will be considered "lucky", and I'm so excited about having the opportunity to be heard again that I will take extra care to reach that age :)
Really??? I wouldnt want to live to such a ripe old age. It is no fun. My father is 92 and often very lonely and so deaf that communication is virtually impossible.. My mother passed at 89 and I fear I am in for longevity too.
It is often worse for those around and I have experienced it with my parents.

Claire19

Hmmm, you know something Claire, what you said above could come into the picture later on in my near future. After I get my Ph.D., I'm thinking of doing a post-doc appointment, which is like anywhere from a one- to three-year research fellowship (sort of like a "training internship" or residency that medical doctors do). Supposedly, there's no limit as to how many of those you can do after graduate school. They're paid, of course (about $50 to $60,000 per year or something like that). Imagine if I keep doing those short assignments around the country for the rest of my life?? Hahaha that would be interesting....do a 3-year post-doc in Richmond, then a 2-year in Seattle, etc.

I'm literally terrified as to how things will unfold career-wise after I finish my degree. I have no idea what could happen, where I'll go, etc. Oh, and my 2 charts (natal and relocated for Los Angeles) are attached in a previous comment in this thread.
What you describe sounds ideal. Continual study and different shorter assignments would be perfect. We all have to live with uncertainty and you know what, I prefer it that way.\:happy:

byjove

Account Closed
Your chart has merc in Pisces conjunct the M/C, which would certainly be expected to give a differing result compared to merc in virgo in the same position, however I'm a bit overloaded with running the household for the next few days, and have very little spare time, I wanted to go into P.D.s chart in a bit more depth before I tackle yours, but it will make a good comparison in my opinion. When I think of merc in virgo I automatically think "blunt straight to the point" , whereas merc in pisces is more of a "blending into the others thoughts" type of energy, and while maybe not having the ability to analyse as easily as the virgo position, they often have communicating skills that we virgo mercs lack so much! I have to run now, feel free to add your experiences !

Hi there, I didn't catch up with these replies fast enough. So your hospital-given time is an hour off, hence you don't have it natally but important prognostic events brought your attention to Mercury on the MC?

Despite having Mercury on the Pisces MC, I'm far more known for my Virgo traits. I've Cancer Rising, Moon in 3rd of Virgo (double injection of Mercury), also Mars in the 11th of Gemini (double air, also Mercury since it's the 3rd, and disposited by Mercury). Also, while somehow the Pisces traits leak out, most astrologers have said to me I'm more likely to live in an intellectual world-cut off from feeling with Merc. on the MC. Also, in my transit chart attached, you'll see I've Uranus transiting my Merc. on MC now. And I have Moon square Saturn, withholding that emotion upon my say-so.

Good Mercury in Pisces traits:
-Emotional and humane connection to the world, (Merc. trine AC helps)
-People say I'm an excellent dancer (motion in music)
-Wild imagination now at my command (not in my command when younger)

Bad:
-Accounting abilities are a threat to any company lol (calculation in water)
-Imagination was impossible to tame when younger, disruption ability to learn
-Often only seeing the best in people, including less sensitive to hidden attacks (Though I used my Merc. square Uranus to fight back)
-Not terrible, but my handwriting looks like a child's scribble, my Merc. in Pisces dad has the same...lol

I also have a tight Merc. / Uranus square. I like to think that this corrects some of the slower Pisces thinking, and dangerous elements. Most astrologers on here have said that my Mercury is more than capable of soothing the tricky Moon aspects, like a cooling salve.

I won poetry competitions when very young, and debated all through school and college. I like speeches...lol. Though with Mercury trine AC...people having come to know me...become aware of my ability to lobby points...there have been funny comments over the years...an ability to sell sand to the Arabs...but as I've gotten older, not that I would ever have swindled people, no no, but I don't care for 'sales', and I don't use persuasion without due consideration...why should I convince people of what I think? I don't like coercion, I like honesty.

If there's any questions about taming Merc. on MC transits etc. then fire away.