What does it mean when a planet other than sig is in the first house?

scahm

I was curious as to why an old love interest continues to follow my happenings on social media after we had a pretty serious falling out. We're on bad terms and it's very unlikely that we'll patch things up, so it's weird why he continues to stalk my social media activity.

I can see our dynamic within the chart, but I don't understand the meaning of Mercury being in my 1st house - it rules my 9th and 11th but I'm unsure what the implication of it being in my 1st house is.

Can anyone please clarify?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 09.21.41.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 09.21.41.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 09.21.47.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 09.21.47.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 22

LovelyMissAries

It describes the state of the querent. Being in Scorpio, it indicates you're thinking deeply about the matter - researching and investigating to uncover the reason.

waybread

If the significator of the quesited is in the first house, it means he is "in your corner." Your significator in the first house sort of amplifies it as symbolizing you.

Otherwise a planet in the first house is your co-significator.

But note that this chart has a late degree rising and VOC moon, so the matter inquired about is finished: over and done with.

scahm

If the significator of the quesited is in the first house, it means he is "in your corner." Your significator in the first house sort of amplifies it as symbolizing you.

Otherwise a planet in the first house is your co-significator.

But note that this chart has a late degree rising and VOC moon, so the matter inquired about is finished: over and done with.

Thank you, waybread.

So to clarify, any planet other the significator of the quesited will become my co-significator? So if we take the example in this chart, the quesited significators are Mars and the Sun and any other planet in my first house would be reflecting myself.

I've also noted the late rising and void moon, but thought I'd post the chart anyway as an example to the question.

AW041

Hi, quick question, how does one check for VOC moon in the chart?
I do see in the grid/aspect table that moon trines mercury, opposes Venus and sextile mars in this chart. I’m trying to learn how to read this correctly. If anybody here can teach me, will really appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited:

scahm

Hi, quick question, how does one check for VOC moon in the chart?
I do see in the grid/aspect table that moon trines mercury, opposes Venus and sextile mars in this chart. I’m trying to learn how to read this correctly. If anybody here can teach me, will really appreciate it.

Thanks

A VOC moon is a moon that doesn't make any other aspects to planets before changing signs. The aspect table shows applying and separating aspects (noted as A or S on the grid) - in this example, the opposition to Venus is a separating aspect, showing that it's already happened. The Moon/Mercury trine is an applying one, but note that the Moon will need to change sign before that can perfect.

AW041

A VOC moon is a moon that doesn't make any other aspects to planets before changing signs. The aspect table shows applying and separating aspects (noted as A or S on the grid) - in this example, the opposition to Venus is a separating aspect, showing that it's already happened. The Moon/Mercury trine is an applying one, but note that the Moon will need to change sign before that can perfect.

Oh thank you so much, it makes sense now. And just to add more question, what does the number on top of (A&S) In the grid mean? I have sometimes seen negative numbers too.

waybread

In horary, it matters whether an aspect is applying or separating. Unlike in natal astrology, which works more like a snapshot in time. Horary is more dynamic. An applying aspect of the significators shows something likely to happen. A separating aspect means that they go their separate ways.

I do a simplified form of traditional horary, where I would consider only aspects to the traditional planets (i.e., through Saturn,) not to the modern outers. And then only major aspects.

Sometimes you can stretch this a bit, if a late-degree moon is within a couple of degrees of making an aspect to a planet in the next suitable sign.

Sometimes the aspectarian shows the orb of an aspect. A means "applying," and S means "separating."

AW041

In horary, it matters whether an aspect is applying or separating. Unlike in natal astrology, which works more like a snapshot in time. Horary is more dynamic. An applying aspect of the significators shows something likely to happen. A separating aspect means that they go their separate ways.

I do a simplified form of traditional horary, where I would consider only aspects to the traditional planets (i.e., through Saturn,) not to the modern outers. And then only major aspects.

Sometimes you can stretch this a bit, if a late-degree moon is within a couple of degrees of making an aspect to a planet in the next suitable sign.

Sometimes the aspectarian shows the orb of an aspect. A means "applying," and S means "separating."

Thanks Waybread!