Future astrology on Mars and...aspects with Earth?

Horus

Someday (barring a cataclysm) humans will have a colony on Mars and babies will be born there. Then astrology over there will have to be reconfigured. Earth's moon is then gone from the equation as well as Mars itself, the planet of action, assertion and sexual Yang because they'll be living on it!

So what will take its place? Earth? Or should Earth have a different meaning in line with the Roman goddess Gaea? And what of Mars' unspherical little moons, Phobos and Deimos?

Nexus7

Earth would always have relevance of 'home planet' to all Martian colonialists.

Probably each Martian moon will complement or be a rival to the other Martian moon. Perhaps they wil be experienced more as Lilith-like than Moon-like. I mean, imagine. I have said this before, but the astrologer on Mars should have a field day discussing the afflictions to your Phobos. Or whether or not an astrocartographical move to Earth or some other planetary outpost will boost your natal Jupiter.

Last edited:

Inside Out Orange

The simple answer is that we'd have to observe and work it out. I'm guessing no-one really knew what Uranus, Neptune and Pluto did until they were discovered and people studied their effects.

Horus

I think that Gaea would have to replace the Moon. Both are feminine and Yin, and Gaea the earth mother would make a perfect new ruler for Cancer.

One or both of Mars' moons would have to replace Mars' role. Perhaps its qualities could be divided between the two...