Your Chart Pattern, does it describe you?

theV

I don't have a grand trine, though, unless it counts as my 3 Scorp/Cancer/Pisces water signs? I thought splay had to have a grand trine. Splash with planet distributed through 8 or more houses I thought.

I run your chart in Solargoldfire and it turned out to be a splay. Most of the time the software gets the pattern right. I run many charts of celebs and solargoldfire gave the pattern the chart is supposed to be.

theV

interesting! So, now I'm a splay after all this time looking at it as a splash. I must read up more on splay.

I thought I was a bowl too, but it turned out my report say I am locomotive. Check with a professional!

PS it is really interesting the conncetion we have, Kitchy. Your Sun falls in my seventh house and your Moon Opposite mine.

Osamenor

Staff member
Many astrologers say clockwise, not counterclockwise. So, this is terrible, who is really credible?

Yes... I've been told before, in a thread I started to ask this question way back, that my leading planet was the moon. But according to the link katydid posted, my leading planet would be Jupiter.

I don't think either of them is really my essence, although I identify pretty strongly with the Sagittarius way of viewing the world (moon), but that would also fit with Jupiter.

sibylline

I don't think I have a chart pattern, or it is between two patterns.

I never really pay attention to chart patterns either, unless it's a bucket or see-saw simply because outside of these I think they're a little broad and easily affected by the signs occupied.

duenderoja

I never really pay attention to chart patterns either, unless it's a bucket or see-saw simply because outside of these I think they're a little broad and easily affected by the signs occupied.

Some people like me have tight bundles. And I am just like that bundle.

graay ghost

I am not sure. People always seem surprised by the other things that I'm doing, because what I do apparently has "nothing to do" with the other things I do. I'm not sure if they're narrow-minded or correct... And then there are things that I should be interested in that I have absolutely no interest in.

Kitchy

Banned
the locomotives and buckets are the ones that haul and burn coal, my opinion. whether i'm splay or splash, it's obvious indication of being all over the place and wondering why i'm never sticking to one thing . no bueno. i think planetary rulers should be assigned to planetary patterns for it to make sense.

splay or splash - jupiter or neptune. i have equally strong boths.

theV

Aries and Leo are assigned to the Locomative pattern. The Locomotive people are known for being action-oriented, direct and energetic and ambitious, leaving their marks on everything they do. Donald Trump turns out to be Locomative. Mars or Sun therefore are the planetary ruler of locomative.

Last edited:

graay ghost

the locomotives and buckets are the ones that haul and burn coal, my opinion. whether i'm splay or splash, it's obvious indication of being all over the place and wondering why i'm never sticking to one thing . no bueno. i think planetary rulers should be assigned to planetary patterns for it to make sense.

splay or splash - jupiter or neptune. i have equally strong boths.

...Not Mercury?

theV

The Buckets is assigned with the sign Scorpio, so I understand why Kitcht would say they are the one that haul and burn coal.

Osamenor

Staff member
Aries and Leo are assigned to the Locomative pattern. The Locomotive people are known for being action-oriented, direct and energetic and ambitious, leaving their marks on everything they do. Donald Trump turns out to be Locomative. Mars or Sun therefore are the planetary ruler of locomative.

Okay... but that's not taking into account sun sign, ascendant ruler, or any of the other key birth chart indicators that apply no matter what the chart pattern is.

What if a locomotive chart has a Cancer sun, Pisces moon, Libra rising, and all of the inner planets retrograde? The overall flavor of the sun-moon-rising sign triad is going to indicate a sensitive person who's very much in tune with other people and social expectations, and especially with all those retrograde planets, they're probably more likely to be inwardly directed, maybe passive, than direct and action oriented.

Conversely, what about a chart that has most of the placements in Aries and/or Leo? Such a chart would not be locomotive, it would have heavy sign/house concentrations instead. But this would definitely be an Aries/Leo person.

theV

Okay... but that's not taking into account sun sign, ascendant ruler, or any of the other key birth chart indicators that apply no matter what the chart pattern is.

What if a locomotive chart has a Cancer sun, Pisces moon, Libra rising, and all of the inner planets retrograde? The overall flavor of the sun-moon-rising sign triad is going to indicate a sensitive person who's very much in tune with other people and social expectations, and especially with all those retrograde planets, they're probably more likely to be inwardly directed, maybe passive, than direct and action oriented.

Conversely, what about a chart that has most of the placements in Aries and/or Leo? Such a chart would not be locomotive, it would have heavy sign/house concentrations instead. But this would definitely be an Aries/Leo person.

I am only stating what I have read about Locomotive. I understand what are you saying. A person could have such sensitive signs occupying important points. But aggressiveness and directness could be in pursuing the things that these signs represents. Sun cancer/Pisces moon/Libra asc could be aggressive about pursuing art as an example. You make a good point.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
I thought I was a bowl too, but it turned out my report say I am locomotive. Check with a professional!....

Not to detract, but for 40 years I thought I was an Ox by general year astrology in Chinese Astro, then I found out I was a Rat because I was born just days before the New Moon of the Ox of the year I was born.

Jan 1- Feb something new moon 1961 - just telling others that you're a Rat and not an Ox.

So, if I'm a splay chart - I'm supposed to have a tri-pod. What is the tripod? I don't see it. Might be Neptune in my oversight.

Osamenor

Staff member
I am only stating what I have read about Locomotive. I understand what are you saying. A person could have such sensitive signs occupying important points. But aggressiveness and directness could be in pursuing the things that these signs represents. Sun cancer/Pisces moon/Libra asc could be aggressive about pursuing art as an example. You make a good point.
And then there's me: locomotive chart, Leo sun, leading planet is either the moon in Sagittarius or Jupiter in Aries, depending on which of the conflicting instructions for finding the leading planet is followed, fire grand trine, and Capricorn rising. Every single one of those factors suggests that I'm aggressive, direct, and action oriented. But I'm not that way across the board.

I have been described as outspoken a lot. I can be very direct. But not always. Action oriented? Sometimes, but I also have long periods of inactivity, and usually, what's going on then is that, like the sailor in the poem by AA Milne, I can't decide what to do first. Seriously. It's very crippling.

As for the leaving your mark on the world stuff... I'm not so sure about that. I don't see an obvious pattern of that in my life. If there is such a signature, is it moon/Sag or Jupiter/Aries? Neither seems quite right.

Osamenor

Staff member
Not to detract, but for 40 years I thought I was an Ox by general year astrology in Chinese Astro, then I found out I was a Rat because I was born just days before the New Moon of the Ox of the year I was born.

Jan 1- Feb something new moon 1961 - just telling others that you're a Rat and not an Ox.

Yes... the possible dates for Chinese New Year match up pretty exactly with the dates when the sun is in Aquarius. So if you are an Aquarius, you have to know when Chinese New Year fell the year you were born to know which Chinese sign you are. If you're a Capricorn born in January, you're definitely the sign of the year before, and if you're a December Capricorn or any sign between Pisces and Sagittarius, you're definitely the sign of the year you were born in.

The Chinese year starts on the second new moon after the December solstice. That makes its earliest possible date about three weeks into January and its latest possible date about 2 1/2 weeks into February.

conspiracy theorist

My chart is a bundle and I can relate to the description of the bundle personality. Pluto in the 12th would be the high focus planet and therefore "Transcendence" would be major theme in my life. Other chart features I possess are a strong Jupiter, heavy Sagittarius and 12th house. I'll leave it to your imagination on how I plan to achieve transcendence in this lifetime. (And I plan to)

I could see myself traveling to the roughest environments in nature in order to test my mettle against the forces of nature. Also, to get a glimpse of our beautiful planet first hand. I think this fits with the bundle + many of the other characteristics of the chart.

Last edited:

duenderoja

My chart is a bundle and I can relate to the description of the bundle personality. Pluto in the 12th would be the high focus planet and therefore "Transcendence" would be major theme in my life. Other chart features I possess are a strong Jupiter, heavy Sagittarius and 12th house. I'll leave it to your imagination on how I plan to achieve transcendence in this lifetime. (And I plan to)

I could see myself traveling to the roughest environments in nature in order to test my mettle against the forces of nature. Also, to get a glimpse of our beautiful planet first hand. I think this fits with the bundle + many of the other characteristics of the chart.
Hello fellow traveler.

As far as I know, the bundle chart pattern does not have a focus planet. The focus of the bundle pattern is the house opposite of the midpoint of the bundle.

http://www.myastrologybook.com/wedge-bundle-planetary-pattern-astrology.htm

"The thrust of any Wedge Pattern is toward the center of the unoccupied area of the chart. This is exactly opposite the boundary trine’s midpoint, and indicates what the native is really after: what their ultimate goal in life is. The thrust or drive of the Wedge is lessened if it has no boundary trine, but it is still the point opposite the midpoint of the boundary planets."