Pale Blue Dot - Carl Sagan

Cap

Pale Blue Dot is a photograph of planet Earth taken in 1990 by the Voyager 1 spacecraft from a record distance of about 6 billion kilometers (3.7 billion miles) from Earth, in the photograph, Earth is shown as a tiny dot (0.12 pixel in size) against the vastness of space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmP4Xzt0rN4

anca

Account Closed
A tiny blue dot, that's what we are...and we kill each other, and we hate each other, some would do anything to dominate others, greed reached unimaginable numbers, same famine, manipulation and new subtle inquisition is worse than the Medieval one....a tiny blue dot with the same destiny as ours, same quest.....as in Whitney's song "one moment in time"...they say that Love is the Force of the Universe...what went wrong with Earth, with us?....

Kitchy

Banned
A tiny blue dot, that's what we are...and we kill each other, and we hate each other, some would do anything to dominate others, greed reached unimaginable numbers, same famine, manipulation and new subtle inquisition is worse than the Medieval one....a tiny blue dot with the same destiny as ours, same quest.....as in Whitney's song "one moment in time"...they say that Love is the Force of the Universe...what went wrong with Earth, with us?....

There is a single explanation, simple in its truth - most people don't want to acknowldge it. Some call it "Love" or "Fear". I like to think of this tiny blue dot as the spirit of regeneration.

ashriia

Hello Cap!!:smile:

Thank you for sharing this wonderful video. I am a fan of Carl Sagan as well.
I love putting things in perspective the way he has done, with his words. You've reminded me, that I still never picked up "Cosmos" by him. There are many quotations from that book that really resonate. Do you read his work? any favorites?

Cap

Hello Cap!!:smile:

Thank you for sharing this wonderful video. I am a fan of Carl Sagan as well.
I love putting things in perspective the way he has done, with his words. You've reminded me, that I still never picked up "Cosmos" by him. There are many quotations from that book that really resonate. Do you read his work? any favorites?

Hi ashriia!

I've read "Contact" and later I saw the movie. Like you, I have a lot of books on my "to read list". Hopefully, sometime in the future...

ashriia

Hi ashriia!

I've read "Contact" and later I saw the movie. Like you, I have a lot of books on my "to read list". Hopefully, sometime in the future...

Contact.... Oh Love that scene where she leaves this world.. its such a beautiful scene, breathtaking really...made my heart flutter when i first saw it.. yet not a single person believes her when she returns. As everything happened in a single moment! That's a good one.:smile:

I'll have to read the book, wasn't aware that it was based off a carl sagan book! Thank you.